Question about DLC on different physical copies.

TrekStars

So, I bought a physical copy of both versions of Fire Emblem Fates. I bought the DLC Map Pack 1, and it said that there was no downloadable content on Birthright after I switched from Conquest. How do I register the DLC for Birthright after I purchased the DLC on my Conquest?

I'd definitely like to know what the deal is with this. I haven't purchased DLC yet because I own both games physically and I didn't want to cause myself unnecessary hassles. They were gifts from my bf and we're from two different countries (Canada / US) so he couldn't easily have me download a route. I'm debating whether to let my brother have one and get him to pay for the opposite routes for us both to keep things less complicated.

I'd also love to know how much room the downloads are. I believe I have 24,000 blocks or something available. Should I grab a bigger SD card for my 3DS before I sort this all out?

I'd definitely like to know what the deal is with this. I haven't purchased DLC yet because I own both games physically and I didn't want to cause myself unnecessary hassles. They were gifts from my bf and we're from two different countries (Canada / US) so he couldn't easily have me download a route. I'm debating whether to let my brother have one and get him to pay for the opposite routes for us both to keep things less complicated.

I'd also love to know how much room the downloads are. I believe I have 24,000 blocks or something available. Should I grab a bigger SD card for my 3DS before I sort this all out?

You should. I don't know about DLC but it seems like it's specific to the cartridge.

The devs expected people to download the opposite route (heavy discount, multiple route bonuses, more save files, DLC) so you really shouldn't buy two physical copies.

Edited by NekoKnight

OK. Nevermind about this problem. I checked the Dragon's Gate on my other physical copy and the DLC was there and usable. Strange, because when I tried to load the other save file on this cartridge, the game said that the downloadable content was not there, yet when I entered the Dragon's Gate on the save file I made, it worked. Don't know this works, really.