Anyone else have freezing problems?

So I was in the middle of Chapter 16 in Shadow Dragon. And the game just froze on me twice, both while I was in the middle of battling enemy units. Has anyone else have this problem? In both cases this was after recruiting Xane.

Just for the record, the cartridge is American, while the 3DS is Australian.

- Do you have animations on or off?

- Are you skipping enemy. . .well, anything (movement/all)?

See if fiddling with these will bypass the freeze. Haven't encountered this, but I play with animations off and skip enemy movement.

Animations are on, and I keep all animation on, though I skip some of the enemy battles if I am sure that I'll be safe by pressing start.

Try turning off animations for that one turn, and see if it freezes. Not sure if it'll actually help, though.

Otherwise, restart the chapter?

It looks like the battle animations chews up the memory processing. I've just tried Chapter 16 and 17 without the animation, and it worked perfectly fine. So, yes, thank you. :-)

It's kind of annoying, though, considering that with the animation off, the result damage and hit chance are not as obvious. :-(

I think it's Xane's fault. You might be able to get away with animations on, as long as he's not fielded as his base class. . .but I'm not totally certain about it!