Greil's Strength?

DrewHak

So, in POR, you don't really ever see much of Greil's strength besides feats or fighting a supremely weakened version of him. Where would you rank him when it comes to strength when compared to the other units of POR? I'm not including RD because he's only mentioned by word there, or the fact that he probably was considered tier 3 because Urvan, SS, tier 3 axe user.

It depends, are we talking purely as a unit or storywise? as a unit, i suppose that something like a capped Ike +15 in all stats or something like that, storywise i suppose that it could be like Ike at the ending of Radiant Dawn.

As above, I think Greil would be more or less what Ike was as a level 20 Hero. The only reason Ike became stronger was because he got a direct goddess blessing from Yune, like Lehran and Dheginsea with Ashera.

• 1 month later...

I think it depends: Greil in his prime, or wounded Greil. By Path of Radiance, he's past his prime and has almost no use in one of his arms. He also has vowed never again to use a sword; which he's better at using. So, statwise, I think he would be a level 20 hero with the same sort of stats Ike on average has at lord class level 15.

However, when Ike defeats Ragnell in Radiant Dawn, Zelgius tells Ike that he (Ike) fought with the same skills Greil had in his prime (if not slightly better). As such, at his prime, Greil probably would have had stats well beyond any non-laguz could obtain in Path of Radiance.

Well, from a purely gameplay perspective, Greil's in-game NPC data has him as a level 10 hero with a 24 strength stat, who can be reasonably expected to hit his cap of 26 by level 20 given his 50% strength growth. Compared to Ike, both have a 26 strength cap they can expect to hit, and Ike has the same growth. It can be noted that Ike's level 10 promoted strength cap averages at 22, 2 lower than Greil's. As far as Zelgius and the Black Knight, both are level 20 Generals, but BK has already hit his cap of 30 while Zelgius is 3 away from the cap at 26, which is oddly enough Ike and Greil's cap. Both share growths, which for strength is 60%. Keep in mind I'm only taking PoR into consideration, as Greil has no NPC data to compare to in RD and comparing him to RD Ike and BK wouldn't be fair as RD has 3 tiers, different class bases, and higher stat caps, among other things. Of course I'm just taking the topic title overly literally, but whatever.

Based on all the story hype, I imagine he'd be about as powerful as Lv20 Vanguard Ike, with stats around Ike's averages there. Would be nice to see his power be less of an Informed Virtue; they could make a prequel to the Tellius Saga. Don't just TELL us how powerful Greil is, IS! No, those few fights hardly count. Let us feel his strength by being able to play as him, and see his rise to greatness (like we do for the average FE Lord)!

Imagine Fire Emblem: Origin of Radiance (I dunno, I'm not good with naming this stuff). That'd be kickass.

Edited by Tessie Spoon