My Castle accessory/update issues (with possible solution in thread)

Lily

So, I have my game and firmware both up to date, and my Streetpass is activated, yet I'm having issues receiving accessories from friends. No matter how much I update my data and just try to figure out what the problem is, I can never resolve this. People can receive feedback and accessories from me, and my friends even got a bond unit after sending me accessories (which I have failed to receive), however no matter how many times I try, I can't get a bond unit?... Does anybody know what the problem is? >_< Any help would be appreciated... I have no idea what to do.

Edited by eclipse
More descriptive title

I had the same problem but I found that this works the best.

Update your castle then go into a battle* and close your 3DS for about five or so minutes, I don't know if having wireless on helped or not but just in case have it on, then after that beat the map. When you go back to your castle a "Updating world" should pop up and if it takes a little while then it worked.

(*I found that using the scout/challenge or DLC maps works best with this but battling other castles works with this as well! Also you can do that anytime but I mostly do it with I have at least one or two enemies on the map. Make sure that you do this after updating your castle.)

Edited by December Knight

Oh yeah, before I forget.

Since that way doesn't fix it completely, you need to do it every so often (trust me on this)*. It kinda sucks but it's better then nothing, I guess.

(*. What I mean is that when it updates, it's for that day and the days you missed so anything after that will not be updated. I don't know why it does that but that's just how it is.)

Edited by December Knight

I had the same problem but I found that this works the best.

Update your castle then go into a battle* and close your 3DS for about five or so minutes, I don't know if having wireless on helped or not but just in case have it on, then after that beat the map. When you go back to your castle a "Updating world" should pop up and if it takes a little while then it worked.

(*I found that using the scout/challenge or DLC maps works best with this but battling other castles works with this as well! Also you can do that anytime but I mostly do it with I have at least one or two enemies on the map. Make sure that you do this after updating your castle.)

it works, thanks! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna fiddle with the title a bit. I've noticed an influx of topics regarding My Castle updating, so I'll pin this for now, in the hopes that it'll help everyone else.

Does anyone know what the time categories for the accessory log correspond to? Just Now, Earlier, and Other Day are pretty vague, and I wish they could give actual times are at least be more descriptive.

Does anyone know what the time categories for the accessory log correspond to? Just Now, Earlier, and Other Day are pretty vague, and I wish they could give actual times are at least be more descriptive.

I'm not sure on the specifics but Just Now is after just updating, Earlier is for the day and Other Day is literally any time past that.

I'm not sure on the specifics but Just Now is after just updating, Earlier is for the day and Other Day is literally any time past that.

Is Earlier 24 hours since you updated or the calendar date and does it go from when you got the accessory from a visitor or when you actually updated and got it?

Is Earlier 24 hours since you updated or the calendar date and does it go from when you got the accessory from a visitor or when you actually updated and got it?

I think its 24 hours and when you update but I honestly don't pay attention much to that; I usually just visit people from "Earlier" to return the favor.

I think its 24 hours and when you update but I honestly don't pay attention much to that; I usually just visit people from "Earlier" to return the favor.

Me too, I just wish I knew what the cutoff was, in case I miss a day and want to make sure I don't miss anybody.

• 3 weeks later...

Um a friend and I had a bonded unit from a character I don`t have anymore. When I try to visit his castle, I keep getting an error. Does this mean I need to make a new unit with him and keep the character I used`s save file up? We both made sure our streetpass and spotpass are up, we both updated, we tried many possible ways. Advice? I never had a bond unit before

*Edit* The unit my friend bonded with was Lina and now I'm using Myra. I don't have Lina's save file anymore and we both don't have each other's calling card. We're gonna try again with me using Myra. Would that work?*

*edit 22/04/16* 2 days later, still can't access his castle but he can go to mine. Idk what else to do now...I keep getting the same error. Can anyone JUST HELP me?!? Q.Q

Edited by FE Girl

Tried the above suggestions, and nothing has worked yet.

Does it matter how many times you update your info at the crystal ball? (ie: if I've updated say a dozen times or so since someone sent me an accessory, have I lost that accessory for good?)

I really hate technology at times...

Um a friend and I had a bonded unit from a character I don`t have anymore. When I try to visit his castle, I keep getting an error. Does this mean I need to make a new unit with him and keep the character I used`s save file up? We both made sure our streetpass and spotpass are up, we both updated, we tried many possible ways. Advice? I never had a bond unit before

*Edit* The unit my friend bonded with was Lina and now I'm using Myra. I don't have Lina's save file anymore and we both don't have each other's calling card. We're gonna try again with me using Myra. Would that work?*

*edit 22/04/16* 2 days later, still can't access his castle but he can go to mine. Idk what else to do now...I keep getting the same error. Can anyone JUST HELP me?!? Q.Q

Could it be that your friend possesses a cheating device (or is proficient at cheating/hacking)? He could be shadowbanned (he can still visit other people's castles but nobody can visit him).

Could it be that your friend possesses a cheating device (or is proficient at cheating/hacking)? He could be shadowbanned (he can still visit other people's castles but nobody can visit him).

He doesn't hack as far as I know. I gave up on trying, so I moved on and now have 12 bond units already lol

• 2 weeks later...

I had it work a few times by having wireless on and connecting to pokemon x;y;oras mystery gift and doing a system update before going into an FE game title. Unless the streetpass light flashes blue/orange and the in-game crystal ball has an exclamation mark, I don't bother updating to receive feedback.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've tried all thats been posted here and nothing is working...I've even reformatted my game system and started several new games to no avail...its bugging the crap outta me..

I've recently started having issues where the previously mentioned solutions wouldn't work... but I read somewhere else (GameFAQs maybe?) that putting your 3DS into sleep mode for 8 hours or so while in My Castle until a new "day" begins in the save file (probably while connected to the internet?) gets an update to pop up. This worked for me yesterday/today when nothing else would. I left it in sleep mode overnight and updated it in the morning and got feedback and accessory from a person I exchanged codes with in the Bond Unit thread the previous afternoon so it at least picked up that.

It's not a quick way to get updates... but at least it's something!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hi, recently i finished my first run on FE Fates in Lunatic Classic, now im trying to make a decent MyCastle but probably i got this issue and the method of the second comment is not working for me.

My battle and visit points grow a little every day but when i go to the "mailbox" it doesnt display nothing new, just my records of me visiting other castles. Can someone try to gift me any accesory so i can check if there is a problem with my game or something?

Im on European server, playing FE Fates Special edition, got the DLC's, my Castle is: 18238-43921-06471-45758 , if someone can just leave a comment to my assistant or send me a gift so i can check if this work or not.... thanks a lot