Does Quixotic Stack?

Auron723

So I don't know if anyone has had the time to exhaustively test this yet but, does anyone know if quixotic stacks? By this I mean, if both the attacking and defending units have quixotic are the bonuses received doubled? If so then this leads to many other questions like, "what skills are checked for activation first during combat?"

This would probably require a lot more testing than you can imagine since the easiest way would be to somehow get a super low accuracy to see if you get +60 Hit from Quixotic. That being said I was planning on testing this once I got Quixotic on one of my low level units. If I manage it, I'll let you know.

I have thought about how one would approach this though I thought of doing the opposite. Taking a unit (like a sniper) with max skill and rend heaven and exhaustively testing to see if rend heaven procs every time. Theoretically you could get rend heaven to 100% proc rate. If you get even one case in which rend heaven doesn't proc then you have your answer. Problem truly being what has priority if it does? Would it be highest activation rate? Lowest activation rate? Order of skills on character sheet? Those are the answers I am truly interested in. And please do keep me posted on what you find out. I'll let you know as well if I get anywhere.

Edited by Auron723

Bonus round:

If it stacks, is the proc chance additive or multiplicative

I would have to guess that it's additive. Multiplicative would seem like to large of an oversight (100% lethality). Here's also why I am so keenly interested in skill priority. If you have two units with maxed out skill stat (35 for the sake of argument) the chance of procing rend heaven is 52.5%. With quixotic its 82.5%. If it there are two instances of quixotic and they stack it's 100%. With that said this may be a way to de-fuse skill based units. Say if we have two units with quixotic and they both have a skill stat of 35. Let's also say that the defending unit has rend heaven and the attacking unit doesn't. If the defending unit is proc stacking with skills like aether and lethality in addition to rend heaven this may create an opportunity for the attacking unit to "safely" engage the defending unit. Assuming multiple instance of quixotic stack, the defending unit has 100% rend heaven proc rate. If the game prioritizes this check first (for whatever reason) they will always use rend heaven. This means they will never use lethality or aether effectively making them "dead skills" that are completely useless whenever they engage other units with quixotic. It may be a good defense against quixotic and proc stacking builds and may be something to consider when contemplating skills for end game units.

Ah, you made the same reading error I did. Quixotic is a 15% proc boost, not 30. 30 is for the Hit+.

Rofl. Well that answers some questions. So you could reach 100% theoretically, doing so would just be infinitely more impractical.

I have never tested if Quixotic stacks, but I have tested for skill proc priority.

I made a Kana with 100% Rend Heaven rate and access to Astra, Dragon Fang, Luna, Sol and Lethality via Nohrian Trust. I found that every other battle skill can still proc, demonstrating that Rend Heaven has the lowest proc priority, and that you cannot make "dead skills" that will never activate.

All you need to do to get 100% Rend Heaven is get Quixotic, Hoshidan Unity, and at least 50 SKL, which is achievable almost naturally on Kana and on other units with Rallies/Tonics/Singing/Pair-Up/Meals.

A possible Kana build:

Setsuna!Percy Kana +9 Skill Mod

Hero

Skill stat of 44 (48 w/statues)

W/

Skill +2

Quixotic

Hoshidan Unity

Nohrian Trust

Rend Heaven

=exactly 100% Rend Heaven rate

Edited by gayserbeam

I have never tested if Quixotic stacks, but I have tested for skill proc priority.

I made a Kana with 100% Rend Heaven rate and access to Astra, Dragon Fang, Luna, Sol and Lethality via Nohrian Trust. I found that every other battle skill can still proc, demonstrating that Rend Heaven has the lowest proc priority, and that you cannot make "dead skills" that will never activate.

All you need to do to get 100% Rend Heaven is get Quixotic, Hoshidan Unity, and at least 50 SKL, which is achievable almost naturally on Kana and on other units with Rallies/Tonics/Singing/Pair-Up/Meals.

Thanks for the leg work. This means that it is likely the skills with the lowest proc rate that go through the check first. Regardless it's good to know the exact priority and viability of these builds. I appreciate all of the help from everyone who has contributed to this thread.

• 1 year later...
On 3/6/2016 at 11:52 PM, gayserbeam said:

A possible Kana build:

Hide contents

Setsuna!Percy Kana +9 Skill Mod

Hero

Skill stat of 44 (48 w/statues)

W/

Skill +2

Quixotic

Hoshidan Unity

Nohrian Trust

Rend Heaven

=exactly 100% Rend Heaven rate

That's assuming Quixotic and Hoshido Unity are both additive. Have you ever taken off your other skills and seen Rend Heavy activating every single time?