Interesting Unused Content & Trivia in Fates

HappyHawlucha

Just a thread where we can discuss things that maybe didn't make the cut in the final game in Fates, or other interesting facts and trivia which aren't exactly well known. I got this idea after watching one of BigKlingy's videos and hearing that apparently Kagerou was planned to be Hoshidan royalty, interesting...

Straight from tvtropes

• What Could Have Been:
    • The skinship minigame was originally much more extremeexternal_link.gif, with the cursor being a hand and the ability to touch the character anywhere on their body, though it would have been limited to whoever the Avatar married. It was to the point that even some of the developers considered it disgusting, and Nintendo ultimately agreed with them and asked to tone it down.
    • Hinata and Hisame were originally planned to be twin brothers instead of father and son. This was changed because there would have been too many first generation Samurai.
    • Kagero was originally designed to have Hinoka's role, which probably explains her great resemblance to Queen Mikoto. This was changed after much reconsideration.
    • As a matter of fact, Hinoka didn't exist in the first drafts at all—she was just a character Kozaki doodled and liked so much he requested she be put into the game as a royal. This explains her lack of presence in the story.
    • The typical "early designs having different hairstyles and hair colors" thing—Takumi was originally planned to be a redhead like Hinoka and Sakura, but was given silver hair in the final product, while the Avatar was supposed to have black hair by default just like their mother.
    • The original proposalexternal_link.gif for Fates, included in the "Making of Fire Emblem" book, had Corrin set, designed and referred to as a male, suggesting he was planned to be a straight-up non-customizable Lord in the veins of Marth. Presumably the change to an Avatar and the option to play female came in later.
    • The same source also suggests that all three routes were supposed to be available from the start, rather than Revelation being DLC.

Mire, a tome, is listed in the games code, but is completely unobtainable and unusable.

Welp, that's all I got.

RedRob Kaze'd pretty much everything I could say on this matter.

I think someone dug up somewhere that M!Kana and Shigure were supposed to have sibling supports, and Azura was supposed to have different supports with Fem!Kana if she were her mom, but that's about it. RedRob got everything, really.

I think someone dug up somewhere that M!Kana and Shigure were supposed to have sibling supports, and Azura was supposed to have different supports with Fem!Kana if she were her mom, but that's about it. RedRob got everything, really.

Blast it! And I was the one who added that to Tvtropes no less (Fates support thread, pages 42-44). How did I forget that?

The game has listings for a Generic Ending and two S ranking "Generic Man" and "Generic Woman" endings that don't seem to be used for anything. Although I haven't looked at past text dumps, so maybe they always do that?

I have too many weird facts, but now that I'm on the spot, I can't remember them for some reason XD

Here's something that I've been meaning to mention--an early draft of Birthright Chapter 15 reveals many differences.

1. There was another resistance member alongside Scarlet called Matthäus. Funny thing is the same name appears unused in Awakening's portrait data, so the poor guy (I'm assuming it's a guy) has been unused for two games in a row.

2. The Garou/Wolfskin were originally known as the Raioh and were a thunder-elemental tribe. It's unclear if they were humans or beasts.

3. Takumi was known as Takuma.

4. Lilith originally rode a Pegasus and she was the one who saves the Avatar, not Hinoka.

EDIT

More obvious stuff...

It's likely Nichol and Candace were going to playable characters and not just capturable bosses. Both of their names appear near the start of the character list alongside the other Avatar-only-supporters. In addition, they have critical cut-ins.

I think Fuga replaced one of them, but I can't remember who or why.

Edited by VincentASM

I have too many weird facts, but now that I'm on the spot, I can't remember them for some reason XD

Here's something that I've been meaning to mention--an early draft of Birthright Chapter 15 reveals many differences.

1. There was another resistance member alongside Scarlet called Matthäus. Funny thing is the same name appears unused in Awakening's portrait data, so the poor guy (I'm assuming it's a guy) has been unused for two games in a row.

2. The Garou/Wolfskin were originally known as the Raioh and were a thunder-elemental tribe. It's unclear if they were humans or beasts.

3. Takumi was known as Takuma.

4. Lilith originally rode a Pegasus and she was the one who saves the Avatar, not Hinoka.

4. By saves the Avatar, I'm assuming you mean in the prologue when Hinoka guards you, or I might just be losing it

Wow, my constant lurking on TvTropes actually paid off. :XD:

I'm still in highschool, and it gave everyone a macbook to use for studies, but everyone uses to play games or watch youtube. I do the latter,but not the former, due to lack of computer savyness, as there's a firewall that prevents us from going on "inappropriate" sites, like forums and, which means most of the sites I used are inaccessible, except for youtube and tvtropes. Combined with my habit of not paying attention unless the teacher is talking about something important, and even then I quickly get what they're saying and I can multi-task, I end up checking a lot of stuff up on Tvtropes. Don't worry, I still do my school work and get it done.

4. By saves the Avatar, I'm assuming you mean in the prologue when Hinoka guards you, or I might just be losing it

Major spoilers for Chapter 15:

By default, Kaze dies by falling off the cliff saving the Avatar. Before he does so, he throws the Avatar and Hinoka catches him/her. In the draft, Lilith catches the Avatar instead.

Major spoilers for Chapter 15:

By default, Kaze dies by falling off the cliff saving the Avatar. Before he does so, he throws the Avatar and Hinoka catches him/her. In the draft, Lilith catches the Avatar instead.

Oh I see, I remember now. It's interesting that she was originally a Pegasus Knight, maybe she was playable at some point, maybe explaining the unused critical portrait that's supposedly in the game

Reina might have once been intended to be able to support other characters and Rinkah might have been intended to be Avatar-only. In the files where lines are listed for all units, Reina's lines are often grouped with the other Hoshido women and Rinkah's are often with the Avatar-only supports (Flora, Yukimura, Fuga, etc)