Is what I do in Nohr/ Hoshido useless if I have all 3?

Omegaweapon

I'm asking because I'm grinding and getting abilities and I'm only on Conquest currently. I have the Special Edition so I have all 3, and I'm aware you can do that "Branch of Fates" that let's you choose a side again.

So basically chosing "branch of fates" is just "start new game from chapter 6"? And everything on my other save is locked to that save?( unless I visit my other castle for skills).

Chooseing Branch of Fate starts the game from Chapter 6 with the stats you and your party had at chapter 6 your first playthough. Grinding and skills purchased in other files can only be accessed in the new file by either grinding them up again, or thru the avatar logbook.

The Unit Logbook is not locked to a single save, nor is the Records Hall. You can also visit the castle of each path on the other paths to maximum your skill-obtaining.

Edited by Karis

I figured that's what it was. So all supports in another save are useless.

Thanks for that. I'm just going to jump to Revaluation after Conquest.

Supports in the sense of "the bonuses in battle" are useless on other paths.

However, anything you unlock in the support log is viewable on any save file because it's saved on the global save, just like your logbook.

Full completion of the Support log requires playing all 3 routes at least twice due to route exclusive support conversations.

You said we have to beat the game twice, I was wondering can you actually just grind up all the support to A rank and don't do the S rank yet until you unlock all of the S rank available for one character. And then you keep a save file:

Save File One - S Rank is available for all pairings, but didn't pick a mate yet.

Then you pick a mate view the log then save to Save File Two. But then you start up Save File One, picked another mate, save to Save File Two and repeat.

Repeat for Opposite Gender.

You can also save units with really good skills to your log book so you can just buy them easily in the future.

And for each path you beat, you get extra bonuses when you go to the Bonus thing in My Castle.

Edited by ZodiacSoldier

So in other words, they're useless... Welp, no use buying Hoshido route then. Just gonna stick with the 3rd one if it comes out

Well, if you have all three routes, you can reclass two people into Dread Fighters and two other into Dark Falcons. At least, before the DLC to farm the reclassing items comes out, which would be next week on Thursday. Because this week, Revelations hits the eShop.

My Castle Battles and Visits also carry over between files (like Renown in Awakening) so you can unlock some extra items right away.

One of the main good points about having multiple save files is being able to use the rewards thanks to the way how everything involving the logbook and Castle Rewards is handled (once you get to Chapter 6-7). Hoping that Avatars with the same name don't replace the previous ones of the same name if you were to add another (if it does then I'll just make Avatars with different names to save them in the logbook).

One of the main good points about having multiple save files is being able to use the rewards thanks to the way how everything involving the logbook and Castle Rewards is handled (once you get to Chapter 6-7). Hoping that Avatars with the same name don't replace the previous ones of the same name if you were to add another (if it does then I'll just make Avatars with different names to save them in the logbook).

I have two avatars with the same name in my Logbook.

Then that gives me hope that one of my avatars won't be replaced by another version I'll make that has the same name.

You'd be amazed how many people named Corrin and Kamui exist.

You said we have to beat the game twice, I was wondering can you actually just grind up all the support to A rank and don't do the S rank yet until you unlock all of the S rank available for one character. And then you keep a save file:

Save File One - S Rank is available for all pairings, but didn't pick a mate yet.

Then you pick a mate view the log then save to Save File Two. But then you start up Save File One, picked another mate, save to Save File Two and repeat.

Pretty much what I mean, especially if the player intends to do most of the conversations on the Revelation route.

For Birthright, there's supports with Yukimura and that it's generally easier to get support conversations with Scarlet on that route.

For Conquest, there's supports with Gunter as his supports are unavailable on Revelation.

Izana's supports are only available on any route that isn't Revelation.

Revelation naturally has most conversations available on the other 2 routes as well as exclusive conversations with Fuga and between Nohr and Hoshido characters.

To top it all off, Corrin's and Azura's support conversations are different based on the route taken (each route variant does get recorded in the support log).

Because of supports you're going to skip an entire game. Probably the most childish and baffling reasoning ive seen in a while

Not really childish. Birthright is useless tbh. It's just "easy mode" the story.

Revaluation is true ending and Conquest is how the game should be played, game play wise(in my opinion).

Unless getting all supports unlocks something, I'll skip it and S rank when I need to.

I'll get to birthright after I'm done making super units in revelation.

Edited by Omegaweapon

I'm playing Birthright to get some skills on the Hoshido kids and see the story. I plan to have Revelations be my main save once I can get it.

You can also save units with really good skills to your log book so you can just buy them easily in the future.

And for each path you beat, you get extra bonuses when you go to the Bonus thing in My Castle.

I'm doing it for Birthright.

It's a slow process.

I blame the kids.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

Not really childish. Birthright is useless tbh. It's just "easy mode" the story.

Revaluation is true ending and Conquest is how the game should be played, game play wise(in my opinion).

Unless getting all supports unlocks something, I'll skip it and S rank when I need to.

I'll get to birthright after I'm done making super units in revelation.

No true ending in Fates.

There's multiple canon paths.

Birthright

Conquest

Revelation

Alternate dlc Birthright. Harvest I guess.

Alternate dlc Conquest. Halloween?

Alternate dlc Revelation. Bad path, like futures end.

Birthright has the best story anyway.