The accessories system is a gigantic disappointment

Djing

I can't put little wings in Subaki's hair.

None of my Snipers get to wear the sick hat that NPC Snipers wear.

None of my Berserkers get to be a moose god.

There's so many missed opportunities.

It could have been expanded on, definitely. I would have liked Matoi's wing headband, the Kinshi Knight back accessory and the Hero helmet.

And also they are useless and really expensive to make...

They are definitely too expensive. Even for your own resources, I had almost no accessories late into the game. You are pretty much obligated to visit other castles to collect enough to buy any. I'm fine one them being purely cosmetic, however.

That's because their usefulness is either in just making the characters look how you want, and in mycastle battles or buildings. If you have access to other castles, the materials are really easy to farm.

If you don't go to other castles, then you'll probably have like 4 accesories by the end of the game.

Fire Emblem Fates is a serious business game

OEhB9iC.jpg

But in all honesty, I haven't even touched the accessory system for both playthroughs. It's a nice little thing but not mandatory despite some of them being removed in the NA version.

I wish the accessories were cheaper. I don't do online stuff generally, but I was still able to get enough resources in order to forge things. However, that left over very little for accessories. Given that they have zero gameplay effect, they shouldn't cost resources that have a gameplay use, at least IMO. (Though I suppose the ones which only cost food are less annoying to me, since I gave up on feeding Lilith after getting bored of seeing the animation over and over and over.)

I think what really makes it lame was the removal of swim suits. It honestly gets boring gifting everyone bath towels after a while. And yeah, they are kind of expensive, but since they're just for fun it doesn't really bother me. Come endgame Conquest though, I forgot that accessories carry over into cutscenes.. was really an immersion breaker seeing Xander wearing Elise's bows and the tinted glasses.

I think what really makes it lame was the removal of swim suits. It honestly gets boring gifting everyone bath towels after a while. And yeah, they are kind of expensive, but since they're just for fun it doesn't really bother me. Come endgame Conquest though, I forgot that accessories carry over into cutscenes.. was really an immersion breaker seeing Xander wearing Elise's bows and the tinted glasses.

But the swimsuits wouldn't be even more of a mood breaker in the cutscenes? hahaha.

And i believe that the accesories should be almost free, there are so much characters, then múltiply that four times (accesories slot per character) and it becomes an almost impossible chore to give everyone accesories.

But the swimsuits wouldn't be even more of a mood breaker in the cutscenes? hahaha.

And i believe that the accesories should be almost free, there are so much characters, then múltiply that four times (accesories slot per character) and it becomes an almost impossible chore to give everyone accesories.

Bath towels/swim suits don't show up in cutscenes, only in my castle battles.

They really did drop the ball not letting you buy some of the accessories that the generics wear, imo. I really wanted the little mask-hat that blacksmiths wear for my blacksmiths.

Also, I'm still kinda confused as to why you can buy the fox tail but not the wolf tail.

But you can have sunglasses in important story moments ;)

I also adore giving the Corrin avatar I based off Tiki Tiki's Hairclip. Really lets it look right.

My only gripe is that I can't give Beruka's Bandanna to other characters

I think I really only ever used Lucina's mask and gave the chef hat to Xander which made some of the latter moments of Conquest less dramatic haha I hope they keep accessories in future games, but give more incentive to use them.

They really did drop the ball not letting you buy some of the accessories that the generics wear, imo. I really wanted the little mask-hat that blacksmiths wear for my blacksmiths.

Also, I'm still kinda confused as to why you can buy the fox tail but not the wolf tail.

Or Fox tail but no fox ears. Can't make Nishiki!Kana look like his dad.

I like the shoulder armor, the shield and I've messed up with the hair accessories of the girls. I'd definitely have liked the generic helmets though, alongside dual shoulder armor, a headband and some other more useful accessories that don't look like jokes.

All generics I've recruited get some accessories in order to look more unique. I've also given Haitaka some accessories after promotion since he looked really bland without his colors. There's also small details, like giving the maid bow accessory for characters in the maid class - or replacing it with something else when reclassing the maids.

(Feather helmet and Norh shoulder pad)

Haitaka_04_05_zps6zngdrkv.jpg

(Marth's tiara - I've already removed it though. I mostly threw it there to remove his helmet, but I got a better replacement later, the golden feather, a small hair accessory)

Generic_Edsel_CheveWyvernKnight_zpsq6p8k

Edited by NeonZ

I definitely wish there was more, and that the swimsuits weren't removed. (The basic one is better than the bath towel tbh.)

Though, honestly, I still have lots of fun with it. Giving Xander a jester hat and sunglasses is just too perfect.

The way I look at it, just like My Castle, its their first venture into this type of thing. For it being their first time, I would say they did pretty good. Lets just hope they hear good feedback regarding My Castle and everything attached to it that encourages them to keep it and expand upon it. But I will agree, the Accessories could of been really expanded upon.

I would of loved to see the helms and shoulder pieces available from all the various classes, especially Malig Knight and Dark Knight. Some more back pieces like cloaks would of been nice, and some more slots for gloves, chest, boots, etc could of been done.

I enjoy it for what it is. My avatar has been rocking the regal feather with her Nohr Noble class for awhile now, and some of the less silly accessories go well with the different classes. I would have put a cape or cloak or everyone if it were an option though - I wish all my characters to look swish.

I wish there was a bit more of a selection, especially for the hair accessories.

I like the big white bow, the sun tiara, and the crown that Camilla wears. It would have been nice if they sold the hair accessories that you can put on your avatar too.

(Popping in to say, body accessories would've been so much better if, instead of swimsuits that almost never show up, you could buy alternate outfits, like just swapping on models of other classes or of the unit's own unpromoted class or whatever. That also wouldn't've been localized as hard, leaving a pathetic fourth menu)