LunaticScreamer plays Midnight Sun

[spoiler=Chapter 5x Part 2: Shaming Hoikade's Central Army]92kNcGX.pnggKNtmgJ.pngQalEe5u.png

Overconfident are we? That might be a big mistake.

cCLGID4.png0Guf4co.png71ytULo.png

Just a few soldiers? Ok, now THAT's being overconfident.

xEyfEOb.pngcKwxPte.pngnQPxQqD.png

Time for murder to begin at last!

2Zfqxkt.png

This is roughly where I'm going to camp out for the first few turns. Anything that wants to come forward is going to die first.

Also, the theme for the player phase in this chapter is the classic Doom Island theme from the Lufia series.

xTqO5Mi.pngjd8JBzj.png7M0sjlL.png

Two Cavaliers survive only because they attacked Weiss at range. The one cheeky bastard who decided to go up close and personal got a Halberd in the face and died instantly.

6kI65Wh.pngNymWIV8.png

Weiss is going to one hit kill pretty much every mounted unit in this chapter with very few exceptions. The Halberd is just that damn good right now.

c2W1eZ9.pngplJp0I7.png

Ceapana gets attacked by a Wyvern Rider, but rips the enemy apart with her Klingensturm. A similar fate comes to a Horseslayer wielding Cavalier when he attacks Weiss.

kCg9i71.png

*Facedesk* I really need to not fail math better. She would have been fine, but the Klingensturm is counted as magic at long range and not a sword with a WTA against axes. At least her counterattack hit.

dauK1Sw.pngFeIggWv.pngKMDM0Ca.png

Weiss continues to instantly murder horseback units. He picks up an Iron Sword from his kill this turn. Both he & Ceapana will get some good mileage out of it this chapter.

y9Kpffi.pngUDz0uFB.png

Weiss gets healed up and Ceapana retreats a bit while Shiori comes up to form a wall and protect the healer from harm.

mlU1Fp5.pngamjGEuR.pngHMsCCo0.pngZW3unQ6.png

Pay VERY close attention to what Asra says at the end there. At the start, both he & Raymur have -- move. When this happens, they now have their standard 8 move from the Paladin class.

pGwe09e.pngP2PMfhI.pngenbvb5P.pngPaMIXNr.png

Aias is given an update on the battle. He apparently thinks the army can handle three people. Clearly not so far considering the kills Weiss & Ceapana have racked up so far.

SivrAWz.png

The army might want to learn to hit worth a damn if they want to make any progress too for that matter.

ZjFQs9m.pngYJOMVUU.pngd1tKo7R.png7viNm4Y.png

Now, a low down on both Paladin bosses. Asra's biggest threat is that Axereaver of his. If he switches to it, killing him with the Halberd becomes much trickier. Better to switch to Klingensturm in that case if possible.

dUMaID3.pngXgebL76.pngNshEW9C.pngybRLbJT.png

Raymur is a little more easier to deal with. No special weapons, just a strong Silver Spear. Both he & Raymur will now move to attack anyone in their range. I'll be holding back until there's no other enemies coming to play, then I'll lure each one out and crush them with Weiss.

ylrr2mS.pngaqZLyft.png

Speaking of Weiss, I have him soften up a Wyvern Rider to get his first level. Only two stats, but they're his two most important ones right now so it's a good start for my man.

9lv4yp7.png

Ceapana heals herself up with a Potion.

PQaCUNf.png

Another enemy phase leads to only one scuffle between Weiss & a Wyvern Rider.

pNizAYa.pngSekrc5I.png

Ceapana comes up close and personal with the weakened Wyvern Rider and slices it up for a solid first level. More defense is great for her.

DwzW41i.png

Here's the threat range of Asra. Weiss & Ceapana are just outside of his range, but I'm not ready to attack him yet. Need to wait until there's no enemies coming in to attack anyone.

cYLGbcb.pngBdVcjeM.png

Saai really needs to teach his "elite" soldiers how to hit, doesn't he?

IZkrY0Y.png

Biding my time so the Knights from the northeast can come in to die.

TijmhMJ.png

Swing and a miss!

0CI6QZ6.png6PG0jtO.png

Low hit chances. Weapon type disadvantage. Weiss still murders the Cavalier in one hit, even with the 12 damage she took from Ceapana.

LqbDD9s.png5iYr6Rn.png

The three Knights from the northeast finally get into range. Shiori blows up the first one with a crit.

N9IJaJ6.pngrP93jMg.png

Weiss kills another after Ceapana weakens it.

Hp89x22.pngcRI7rhC.pngOVH86YC.png

After the third Knight whiffs on an attack, Weiss & Ceapana repeat their performance from the last turn to send the axe user to the afterlife.

dQ8mUJZ.png

Shiori moved over to the west so she could lure in the Wyvern Rider from the north that's still alive. No crit here.

OQbsXTw.png6x1rqFV.png

All that means is that Weiss gets to murder another enemy and pick up a level. A nice balance to that last one he got.

zzdIpPV.pngaIMCgKr.png

Weiss uses his next turn to get just inside the range of Asra's Short Axe. He doesn't fare much better in landing a hit though.

faGKpYc.pngSioN1SB.png

This works VERY well. Shiori gets one crit & one normal hit, bringing Asra down to 1 hp.

6eFbf0C.pngFlwDFWc.pngCMySxZf.png

Weiss gets an easy kill on Asra and gets more speed & defense.

C7aSTiY.pngC7sKyOr.pngLeysRgp.png

Raymur isn't happy though and orders in a platoon of five Shamans. Not sure if it'd be any different if he died before Asra though.

yMyyMc2.png3tqdF5f.png

Morale status: Boosted!

hY2XIk2.pngxH4hnIQ.png

Ceapana grabs the Iron Sword off Weiss so she doesn't have to run the risk of wasting any unneeded uses of her Klingensturm on an enemy Weiss can just flatten in one hit.

cZkdyOH.png7fDhWEP.pngiKMLwJv.png

Saai still isn't fazed by the recent turn of events.

UNvVYTl.pngSOikAMh.png

Ceapana pokes a Cavalier to pick up another level. More defense? Awesome!

BkTZGDG.pngygESXyJ.png

Well dang, that stinks. A slight annoyance, but hardly enough to change things for me in the long run.

ZTG7IMW.pngRWfkkvF.png

Finally, a chance to put the Barrier staff to use. Weiss heals himself with an Elixir to prepare for the incoming horde since all my other available heals are on Shiori and I don't want to risk her life up there.

lSynq66.pngnIpEOOA.pnghYplySU.png6LVtxgX.pngehKhxK7.png

All five Shamans attack Weiss. The first few hit him, but overall he severely wounds all of them. Only one dodged a single strike.

sc08uKC.png

Really don't want to have to burn another Elixir use, but I can't risk having Ceapana come up to heal without risking the Shamans attacking her. Not that she'd really be in danger, but I'd like to feed all the Shaman kills to Weiss.

uqfJfFA.png68DXabv.pngB2JLo4M.pngRQqJ9Mb.png

Three Shamans run like chickens, but two decide they want to stay, including the one who dodged a strike in the last enemy phase. Both get killed and one drops a valuable Light tome that Shiori will be taking as soon as possible. I'm forced to drop the Short Axe, but it only had 3 uses left so no big deal.

CIkhDP1.pngCo7PnKe.pnglpBrpSY.pngOFgr58G.png

Weiss continues to more or less shame Hoikade's Central Army largely on his own. Picking up more speed is awesome too.

Should hopefully have this chapter wrapped up by the next update.

[spoiler=Chapter 5x Part 3: Hoikade's Army is Decimated]vak8xUZ.png5Az8t7v.pngYxzJUJI.pngQxHzavG.png2GQ3fRJ.png

Just clearing out some of the last remnants of what decided to charge at the trio right now. Shiori doesn't get a kill, but she leaves her target very low on hp.

h0ZYltw.png

Oh hey, a new Cavalier ripe for killing. The other very weak one whiffed while trying to hit Weiss.

SLas2lK.pngJSh1UBB.png

Another sliced up Cavalier grants Ceapana yet another great level. This time both of her offensive stats go up and she gets even quicker as well.

XplkPxp.pngmu4fwxk.png

Weiss busts out his Lancereaver for the first time to take off a large portion of the Cavalier's hp.

3CfDnLE.pngtgNibjG.png

The rest of it gets removed when he suicides on Ceapana. She heals up with her second Potion on the next turn.

ZbfRu6t.png098VcWN.png6BZMPLa.pngrFqBNOC.pngkT8ftk7.pngjS79GNx.png

Next several turns are rather boring as I lure out one enemy at a time and kill it. Ceapana picks up a couple more levels and is most likely my best evasive unit in my army right now with her speed & luck scores at such good levels.

6CUGrAE.pngbLc6Mss.pngUki4Qy8.pngWcpbRyq.png

Before Raymur gets what's coming to him, let's talk about Saai. Shiori wasn't kidding when she said that Saai was strong. He's not the deathwall brigade from chapter 4, but he's awfully close.

Two other things to note about Saai...he has the national treasure of Hoikade, the Soul Mirror, making him immune to critical hits. It's droppable, but there's a catch...you see, if Saai somehow manages to get killed, you get a game over. Munie and her nefarious game over traps, damnation!

G2a6HOW.pngqwOhi4Z.png

Ceapana shuffles up her inventory with Weiss, then rescues Shiori. I need them both en route to the river when Weiss cracks open Raymur's skull.

HeXjK3S.pngvghGCkk.pngzaenWJ7.png

Is that talking trash to Captain Weiss I hear there sir?

QkxF1RA.png8QclSm6.png

How about you go into the afterlife after a single Halberd strike? That's a much better deal for everyone involved.

VXhn2Jn.pngsqvLvun.png

However, with Asra & Raymur killed, Saai has no other choice but to do things himself. This is your cue to haul ass and get to the river fast because he's going to start moving now.

PVjIOZf.pngGs8PFAp.pnglQ8bQnb.png

Oh yeah, he also brings in fresh reinforcements.

iLzneI1.pngRlNAGN3.png

Well now, guards at the river. What ever will I do except tear them up with Klingensturm?

ZbrASov.pngfjyC3aT.pngfRec4Sb.png

Especially when Ceapana can double & kill all of them.

HiA60qC.pngdAgPv2D.png

Bonus points when she can survive a hit from a Horseslayer. Her final level of the chapter is more of the same her last few levels have been giving her. She's going to be a strong contender for that Luckos Fang I have since she's almost certainly got a place in my team for the long term as of now.

AkswGmg.pngHrWLf25.pngbxqaW3R.pngheOGh0M.pngksOn0HA.png

Weiss heals himself up, then counterkills four Cavaliers like a pro.

YHYDf3l.pngW5WreY4.png

Ended up switching Ceapana to her Iron Sword just so she could have boosted evasion to dodge this hit. She finishes off the Wyvern Rider with Klingensturm on her next turn.

g7AQngO.pnglJ3ctga.pngSChyINR.pngBQT35st.png

Weiss kills off the last Cavalier over a couple turns after grabbing the Iron Sword from Ceapana. He manages to squeeze out just enough exp to pick up his final level of the chapter. Not the best, but still, he's had five solid levels and picked a few valuable points in both speed & defense. I've got hopes that he'll finish strong with his final four levels before he has to wait for a promotion item to surface.

JVGD90y.pngQWFNSlZ.png

Time to hoof it out of there before Saai becomes too much of a threat.

hu02inJ.pngdFA2QRe.png27pbrQc.pngUIHHJqG.png8mAQ5pe.png0y90Ep4.png

...This isn't going to end well, is it?

ORZLvSJ.png4C6vQVc.pngGXcXZU7.png

Oh hey, Shiori pulled another Judgelight tome from the air, sweet. Also, ow.

HxZaV1E.pngOrDuxSM.png

Well now, this is about to go south really badly. What's plan B guys?

xrnDIp8.pngXlianVH.pngJRod97l.pngya0SB8m.pngTEOaomP.png8ZanICT.png

Shiori basically Solar Flares the enemy, allowing Weiss & Ceapana to grab her and book it the hell out of there as chapter 5x comes to a close.

Death Count: Faratrass (1)

Next time: Fa's glorious return to battle!

[spoiler=Chapter 6 Part 1: Schwarz Gets Everyone in Trouble]BhJtlTt.pngcXEQ7z0.pngQjApajh.pngX3QwkZT.png5vX8Vau.pngLqs8vwI.png

Time to make haste to the Midnight Shrine. Fa's magic may have been strengthened, but it's only a band-aid solution at best.

YH4nAKO.pngLtzQ9to.pngp8umeJa.pngz1FwU8K.png

Fa's more reluctant to drinking anything alcholic, given what her past experience with said drinks ended up doing.

NAg0M09.png9o4Hc4H.pngCQSeDb2.png

Turns out the fault for Fa's drunken rage can be placed on Hellios. She's not too up in arms over the mishap though.

2c68zcA.png302zqdE.pngo4cd7VO.png

Gotta love that random bickering as Schwarz enters the house.

LA2ZFR0.pnggIiLZLW.pngBLKGEdP.pngEJxHNEq.pngkkxWuNR.png

Seems some Lazulean troops they ran across found some charred & incinerated bodies. Odd.

W8HMBf2.pngerqepKS.pngF3p4pu2.pngXcby08T.pngNPHceFK.pngtLykiiY.png

Lazulis thinks the bodies were from one of their own groups, but Fa says otherwise, saying that the bodies were Hoikadians.

xjYfrp2.pngZCq7rsN.png6j8i2Q2.png5dXn8di.pngH9yljI1.pngUs92pwb.png

Although barbaric in nature, there's a good reason why they had to do this. Lazulis would probably flip its lid if it knew Hoikade invaded . The question remains about what or who they ran into. That might very well have been Shiori's crew at work there.

UhOX6Ns.pngDPqV7N6.png

Yeah dude, we're totally soldiers, I mean, we're not in....

xFtpAJJ.pngvit8GN9.pngUUnUzXQ.png

Oh dammit Schwarz forgot to mention something, not cool!

8cUUYIs.pngY6rTUIS.pngk6Iaixe.pngHbQdwjW.pngBBRsNvp.pngtpP74oP.png

Well, we're all screwed because of something Schwarz probably did. The only solution right now?

9huTgAj.pngFOvDHoV.pngn5GuRF3.pngn4ULzKa.pngfRcpve0.png

Kill everything surrounding them. Fa's not even going to try for reasoning at this point...and frankly, I can't blame her. She doesn't have time for trying to reason with people when she's got a Demon King inside of her waiting to break free once her enhanced magic runs out.

6SAdeda.pnghJHDA9v.pngQ0irBRi.png

After the preparations are made,we get to see the guy who's pretty dumb in the head. You do know everyone but like 2 units in my team currently are godlike mortals with way too much good fortune gained with their level ups so far, right?

fE76AoH.png4COXXPb.png7VyYwpt.pngd4TICZu.pngZ5mYyNB.pngy8lVevT.png

And they're employing kids, cute. I'm sure that's going to end well.

HPBXBsa.pngThZi8Uo.pngyysIyWV.png31mfJwe.png

It does end well for this guy who gets rejected by a cold hearted girl.

mnGf2hm.pngVtjPWt4.pngIYUEhXf.pngXFLqVJy.pngYZxbXVU.pnglXVKMZ9.pngQsO83MQ.png

In the past chapters, Fa's been rather reserved about killing. Now though, she really gets what's at stake here and accepts the fact that she's going to have to murder unless people want an angry Demon King rampaging around killing everyone.

Actual combat gets underway next time.

Feeling tired tonight so this is the last part going up for the day. The rest will come tomorrow morning.

[spoiler=Chapter 6 Part 2: Captain Faratrass Back In Action]Q9urC7b.png

This can be a rather tricky chapter right at the start. A total of 38 enemies and at least 1/3rd of them are packed right on that first island your team starts on so you have to plan your moves right if you want to escape the first turn without any deaths. Once you get over that hurdle though, the rest of the chapter isn't too rough aside from some tasks that need to be done to ensure you get everything there is here.

At this point, I'm more or less benching Cattleya & Garion. I'd bring one of them along, but I really wanted Hellios here as a tactical nuke to kill targets of interest while being able to tank a few hits as needed plus I want to give Djambo a chance to pick up the levels he needs to promote at the start of the next chapter.

CYcm5n5.pngajYzqLW.png

Hellios starts out the chapter with a glorious critical. That's always nice.

P6TUgzC.png2K8NA6W.pngdivSB2P.png

Fa's first combat action since chapter 3 is to be a good magical Captain Rex and blast an enemy in the face with a critical, gaining the first level up of the chapter and...hey Alfred Kamon, serious question here, what are Fa's growths? I have a feeling she's INCREDIBLY speed blessed right now.

AZK1goO.pngcAJb5h9.pngNvasFoq.pngSBoa8GU.pngTw1mCyX.pngMqwsZuf.pnggD4bNrr.png0UVVYdd.pngUvogaCW.pngr9t0ew5.png

Now, here's one of the big goals for this chapter. Remember that girl who brushed off the Knight from earlier? That's Sae'rah and, as seen, she doesn't like adults. If a kid were to talk to her, she'd probably listen. As such, either Andre or Djambo need to enter this house, then have the one who entered it have a chat with Sae'rah. It'll be awhile before I can reach her though.

nkHShle.pngB6Vrt7I.pngnQ57yCi.png

Djambo pokes a Soldier, then is brought into a forest via some take & drop moves. I'm counting on him to dodge at least one hit in there to survive the upcoming enemy phase.

jCDVE32.pngyg5CYXp.png

Rya breaks out her shiny new Napalm Shot for the first time to roast a Knight to death. She might look like she's in great danger here, but both Axe Knights to the east do not move so only the Soldier & Mercenary can attack her and both don't do enough damage combined to kill her.

A6X4Uju.png

Puledra visits the other village and picks up a Devil Blade. I'll show its stats off a bit later.

66wN5U9.pngBkg9T2B.pngF0TrliD.pnghOsXsNV.png

Well, I wasn't counting on the Soldier by Rya to come zooming for a killshot attempt, but whatever. Djambo counterkills the Soldier he weakened earlier. A solid start to his leveling career there!

CchdIld.png

Rya could care less about the Mercenary that attacked her.

i0bC95r.pngY7ODqtq.pngahP3y19.pngQXmGao2.png

Ditto for two enemies that attacked Fa. She blows both of them up and picks up a rank in Dark magic from slaying the Bow Knight.

I9kDpWB.png4D9MvPp.pngMfrYJzt.pngQfR34av.pngHtGjcSz.pngdPGKU2t.pngRpgsSwP.png

For once, the enemy doesn't get reinforcements, but rather us. Shiori managed to survive her near death experience and has gone on ahead solo to the Midnight Shrine, leaving Weiss & Ceapana to come in and give Fa's team some assistance.

Ngb96eE.pngPF7k3Hi.png

The Soldier that Djambo weakened during the last enemy phase takes an axe to the head and dies, granting Djambo another level. Shouldn't be hard at all to have him reach lv10 with only the smallest of enemy abuse required.

M6ozI2y.png

Puledra heals up Djambo. As long as the kid can take one hit at full hp, he'll be just fine.

z8LJHhr.pngYHdd3AE.pngpAzGTfA.png

Speaking of kids, Andre blows up a Knight and gets a stellar level. Unless he decides to just not get magic from now until lv20, I think he's staying on my team for a very long time. He also picks up a Bonecrusher axe from the fallen foe.

zvXEn4T.pngc45c9TO.png

Stats of the new weapons picked up so far. The Bonecrusher is effective against Knights & Skeletons while the Devil Blade I believe is effective against holy folk like Monks or, to give an example of my own characters, Shiori.

HxOxdgL.png1FRGHX6.pngoQPVrJ5.png

A Mercenary gets a zappy death from Rya who picks up a level from the kill. So long as she's getting some kind of offensive stat, it'll be a good level for her.

WfYVSd0.pngIbHcBdE.pngcQDwDNd.png

Fa heals with a Tonic while Hellios takes out the Bow Knight to his south, picking up a rank in swords for himself in the process.

YgUM19f.png

Weiss & Ceapana are going to head north for now. Anything that feels like attacking them can die if I feel like wasting weapon uses for the job with the two.

lHYnLRV.png0Rjtjih.pngCHIhyV2.png

Nothing exciting from the enemy's side this go around.

ii0mHNp.pngEoZTCDi.pngIP5MeQ3.pnglCjVcEB.png

Canto being awesome once again. Weiss pokes a Spear Knight, then steps back one square, allowing Ceapana to come in, take the Lancereaver off Weiss, then plant it firmly in the head of the weakened enemy. Her magic & evasive stats continue to soar higher and I like it quite a bit.

Miuoi1v.pngYMCIbQ2.png

The bad news? Fa doesn't instantly turn an enemy to sludge.

The good news? Her speed goes up even HIGHER. Skill would be nice for her to gain right about now, but if worst comes to worst, she can just take Saturn off of Weiss for a boost.

6Bavs41.png3vEQ9h6.png

Andre & Djambo clean up the last couple of enemies at the start.

hvs9Riz.pngFkg7vle.pnghlSBQe6.png

Free weapons from visiting one of the houses in the north.

z3G8xt0.png

A little take & drop magic gets Andre primed and ready to go south and start killing things.

A79RCJH.png80Y2kVg.pngb1fGzHG.pngCanZpDS.pngpyftVfb.png

Well now, look who it is. Saai's clearly here for Fa.

RctgfWz.pngwXvYnYB.pngEXam72I.png

Well now, Munie wants Saai to help Fa? Very strange considering she wants Fa out of the picture.

BNMtY0H.png

Yeah sure, keep trying to kill Weiss sir. He isn't dying so long as Ceapana is near him.

dZxAzY6.png

Green army units being their usual silly selves. They do take quite a beating though.

Now, note that Saai dying in this chapter means a game over I believe. Of course, good luck to the enemies in trying to accomplish that when Saai's stats are unchanged since 5x.

R6AWEfh.pngUDbph2g.pngPDrAdFR.png

Djambo will be parked here for several turns, chipping away at a Knight until he hits lv10. Puledra will heal him every time he gets hit.

9aivG8A.png6Ya7lND.png

Menmus & Schwarz rescue a couple of green army units. The less chances they have to steal my precious experience, the better. Saai will luckily stay still for the time being.

KmVcJgp.pngOHczMP0.pngynbTxzW.png

One more house at the start gives a free stack of Potions along with a new voice.

rFlGqoT.pngX8mRWz4.pngm66fxm6.pngzN4a8Ku.pngz6sbqvv.pngSl8Jr8q.pngaDieXgC.png

Mixing things eh? Sounds like a fun system once it becomes available.

fwPpq3Z.png

One more level for Djambo to get. He keeps this up and he could be serious competition for Cristoph.

cbCfqX6.pngoKYCVdr.png

No points for guessing what happens to the Knight that Andre counterattacked. Also, green army stupidity kicking in right about...

T9sCb4M.pngZgBboJR.png

Now. The dummy decided to attack an enemy at point blank range, despite her remaining hp total, and got spear'd in the face as a result.

Also, this is the only Monk with Physic. Same as other FE games, healing (user's magic + 10) hp to target up to (user's magic / 2) squares away.

Anyways, that marks the end of this update.

My Djambo is level 9 at chapter 8 and I don't want to bring him along just for 50 exp. At least I'll know what he can promote to when you start the next chapter.

Anyway, chapters get much harder from this point on, and this is only normal mode! Maybe it's because I like to train everyone.

Time to continue with chapter 6.

[spoiler=Chapter 6 Part 3: Destruction]I1ib6Lo.pngrhcgg7f.pngYq7CVND.pngvWWB1mW.png5gbZLDz.png

Fa's group notices Hoikade, but Fa says to just roll with it. All the extra exp stealing support is welcomed, though they'll need to be grilled for information later.

z7uxaxy.pngyoFB7w0.png

Just switching up who's holding who here. Most importantly, Schwarz is here so he can rescue Saai. While the other green units might get a kill or two, he'll just flat up murder an enemy a turn, given his stats, should he get in range of anything.

XitblyJ.png

Andre uses a Tonic. If he gets hit this time, it'll be better for him to pull back and get some healing from Puledra.

9OsrzBS.png

Not yet though. He dodges the one enemy that attacked him and outputs some heavy damage. Sadly, Fire is not quite enough to ORKO Knights down by him, but only by a little.

w2Zw2qf.pngeh9ldua.pngHrPllUQ.png

Since there are some enemies behind Weiss & Ceapana and I want at least my power healer to get through to the other side should they get too close, I have Rya kill off a Knight after a freshly healed Djambo gets his usual exp training hit in. Some take & drop magic from Menmus & Cristoph gets Rya out of the danger zone since she took a hit and is now on 3 hp.

vbEoaqS.pngySQy8u1.png

Well, there goes my plan of killing the Monk this turn. He's got a Topaz that he drops on death and I want it.

nc2hoRZ.png

Just in case I need Schwarz to rescue a rogue green army unit poised to murder the Topaz holding Monk, I have him set down Saai deep in the forests. That way, he'll need at least a bare minimum of 3 turns before he's in range of any enemies and I can rescue him again by then to keep the exp stealing in check.

S7zRSQI.pngjCcD3gS.png

Andre makes another Knight go down and...you know my man, I think you're going to be perfectly fine from here on out.

A3LCdTr.png

Honestly Nozat, it's really one kid who's shaming your army presently (even if he's going to pull back to the rest of the team in a minute). He's the one you should be complaining about right now.

nQdVOPF.png25kch1W.pngFnqIaWn.png

Andre there Nozat. Andre's winning against you presently. The rest are just kinda chilling up in the north and maybe slaying a rogue enemy or two for kicks.

ySYuR3a.png

Ok, maybe they're getting lowish hit rates to land, but who cares about that?

3GCdSOX.pngpKc4gVQ.png

Schwarz picks up the 1 hp green army unit so he doesn't run the risk of going down to try murdering the Monk with the Topaz while Djambo gets his regular injection of healing.

DkPB4up.pngqereJdy.pngu43VLIQ.pnglDJaosM.pngrXTOq2P.png

Killed off the Knight Djambo was beating up on since I can have him smack the one Ceapana's presently poking around.

23MZ5DV.png

Ceapana picks up a rank in swords during the next enemy phase.

gnBlPE8.pngfab0JVr.png

Djambo's next round of poking finally gets him his last trainee level. Speed's his most important stat right now so it's worth it.

nYG3HP8.pngGC67nub.png

Cristoph finishes off the Knight and picks up a level himself.

hG0IBIP.pnggXJyhxN.png

A Bow Knight's getting a little too close to the team while I'm trying to get green army units killed off. Fa deletes it.

iO5Ma3T.pnglJYb8U4.pngosBMAqw.pngotwbD84.png

Took a few turns of Schwarz dropping the 1 hp Cavalier, then rescuing him before the dingbat finally decided to accept his death against a Soldier.

X85CYBZ.pngsuTMmAb.png

A couple enemies get axed to death, including the Monk with the Topaz who drops it upon his death.

Dtt5S0x.png

Time to get a few green army units killed off.

KNzbbNF.png

Saai is picked up once again now that Schwarz has nothing to do at the moment.

xCX3BjA.pngYGzb4Hr.pngqDom5h0.png

A few more turns later, the rest of the green army unit brigade sans Saai gets killed off.

KgzBnZM.png

A few turns after that, I have a small team heading down towards the boss.

4N05q9P.pnglR8azaA.png

Schwarz finally gets to starting one of the other tasks I need to get done in this chapter...claim some hidden items. He picks up a most valuable Ruby from the waterfall and will be heading to the southeast portion of the map for the other hidden item of the chapter. A couple houses to the southwest of Fa's team will give hints to the locations of these two items if you really care to look.

lh5MnmT.png

Puledra heals up Rya. Take note of that Sword Knight to Djambo's south. I've got plans for him so he's staying alive for now.

05wj4aO.pngoIJCo4n.pngdCIkLmI.png

Andre finally resumes his reign of terror by blowing up more Knight enemies like they were nothing.

PILIHgu.pnghl3UgxY.png3WCG46F.pngi62BhcD.png0oSht74.png

At this point, I'm just luring in enemies 1-2 at a time (and feeling so relieved that I got Ceapana healed up before sending her off with Fa's team).

ldUjDH9.png9aLxzFR.png

Even when Andre's not getting magic, he's still finding ways to impress me, namely by working on that defense of his.

Wjl795c.png0c4OQUv.png63

More magic to better shoot down enemies with? Sold!

FrhanUB.pngPONWQ88.pngUS4JsBZ.png

Andre's magic has grown so much this chapter that he can ORKO Knights with a Fire tome now. His is just about out of uses though.

eGfIZzU.pngT9rtaXN.pngVufPwMs.pngaZHVFWi.png

Anima rank for Andre plus a Longbow drop. Rya will like that weapon quite a bit I'm sure.

0P3PLvj.pngxQzAKGo.pngQ3cJbFg.pngElgv41e.png

More enemy death, then some healing taking place because after a couple turns inching forward...

bAfIA25.pngqGWBlBw.png5DPUwjO.pngsWxr4cs.pngukqA3HJ.pngqCBxgY8.pngp8Wobdr.pngX8GZgfa.pngFlsqQbK.png

This happens. Nozat and the Knight to his west plus Monk to his east won't move, but everyone else on his side of the river will, Sae'rah included.

1ruhE5T.png

Just as a panic button option, Fa puts all of her weapons into storage. That way, she can distract the enemies coming her way without blowing them up on accident.

T8O0OS3.pngyD3Gice.png

Bad dodge! Bad dodge!

HRAIEyn.png6AJ4Bix.png

Schwarz gets the other hidden item of the chapter and boy is it good.

1UmQLgn.png

While picking off enemies rushing ahead of Sae'rah as Fa's group backs off, Andre picks up a level frying an enemy. Magic AND defense? Yes!

nVMTZE0.png

Only 1 exp gained, but the enemy's attack this go around was enough to give Cristoph a level. He clearly wants to murder even more efficiently in the future. Fine with me!

iJ5EXJJ.pngRVphKqm.png

Rya finishes off the Monk while Andre backs off a little more. After the next enemy phase, there should be enough breathing room for him to go talk to Sae'rah.

PJEwwGs.pngJA9DwJK.png

Like so.

This chapter will be wrapped up next time.

Chapter 6 complete.

[spoiler=Chapter 6 Part 4: Double Trainee Promotion Time!]xr2i90s.png6kufgqs.pngMExPYZC.pngjjCgrOp.pnggJRqwdg.pngS2Sknqw.png

Well, this is starting out on the right foot so far.

XHON6LN.pngz4J5kRl.pngypkszFn.png

First Puledra tricks him into drinking vodka. Now Andre's trying to pick up chicks. Fantastic job there sir!

783p3B7.pngbt2ctgR.pnglVZuibi.pngeZYfkfi.png

Once her dad is brought up, she knows Andre's telling the truth when he said he spoke with her mother.

dLuCIuj.pngrF2mBcy.pngUnQ6F3S.pngcrwAl0U.png

Still, there's one good thing to come out of all this.

DDo0lyz.pngxwZLFoo.pngpsYuVkS.pngTnYsMfF.pngbuxzhrU.pngvdJp5cz.png

She's going to be considered a traitor if she leaves the army. Might as well join the group with the most members, right?

pnJCPXe.pngmfTK7Tt.pngfmw70Lj.pngCITDyfr.png

This is going to end SO badly for the enemies, isn't it? Sae'rah is your first unit who's primary weapon focus is spears. Solid bases all around for her level too. You bet your ass I'm going to use her (and pray she turns out well).

Now, I'm getting her to lv10 real quick. How? That Sword Knight I left alive earlier. He's on a fort, yet Sae'rah with an Iron Spear + Mars will be able to do damage and that's all I need to get this done.

KtWlEDK.png

First, Andre counterkills the one Knight running along with Sae'rah after she gets to the safety of the rest of my team.

Now, back to the Sword Knight for some Sae'rah levels. Don't let me down girl!

JP8XLEn.pngzlBF1K4.pngeC0nL4I.png

Sweet! Good levels all around.

kN6muZN.png

Ceapana picks up a level acting as Sae'rah's healer during her training. Speed is one away from capping. Also, pretty sure she's the dodgiest unit in my army right now (Base 54 avoid? Yes please!). I'll have to see how Sae'rah's training goes heading forward, but if she or Rya get enough strength, I'm probably going to toss my Luckos Fang in her direction. It'll help her out quite a bit with weakening enemies.

oNhigiI.pngbgQDSEP.png

I give Andre an excuse to burn that last charge of his Fire tome. His strength is frankly absurd for his class right now and I'm hoping he gets a promotion that's going to let him utilize said strength.

dW40I0C.pngZJgWz6M.png

Spending a few turns getting rid of the last enemies not on Nozat's island.

iECgsFy.png

Getting ready to move forward towards the boss, Fa pulls the spare Thunder tome from storage for Andre since his other one is close to breaking.

WifaY2B.png

After a couple more turns, Djambo rescues Puledra and Hellios takes & drops him to his west. Why? By having Andre wait where he is, a few Soldiers spawn in and everyone sans the boss will start moving. One of the Soldiers was in range of Puledra. Now, two Soldiers will no doubt suicide on Andre.

JInU0JI.pngNHlfyzk.pngmb3TnEl.png

Like so. Andre gets one of the best possible one stat levels he could get right now. I believe that's his third straight level with defense too.

IQhZV42.png

Not a kill, but the Monk's on 1 hp so he'll be dead on the next turn.

ajTUVK4.png

Now, here's why I didn't rush forward with everyone right away. This Knight was right next to Nozat and he's the one that was trying to hit on Sae'rah at the start of the chapter.

gvX4AG8.png

And he's still trying to hit on her, albeit indirectly with his comments.

ewS1Glt.png

Someone wants to Rex something so badly right now, haha.

ND7V3to.pngJrIsAh0.pngPEKCEly.pngGAzfOZD.pngV2ES8GS.pngAaHRPR9.pngVOjewEp.png0LlsVcH.png

This is the big reason to have Sae'rah talk to him. He has a letter he wants her to deliver to one of his relatives, either his grandpa in Tartaros or his parents in Lazulis.

iNnAobW.pngrHChV4v.pngbsXowKJ.pngwzf9cwK.pngNognjWZ.png3CoEHE8.pngVPkyi7E.png

That letter manifests itself as a new voice in your Info screen.

MhuTXp5.pngKREy4xo.png

Back to killing now. Menmus offs the 1 hp Monk and picks up a level. He might not be the quickest one of the team, but his high hp coupled with his strength & defense is keeping him quite relevant these days.

se4T13k.png3ji6mJq.pngZju5HbG.pngqRipQRr.png

There goes who appears to be this Melissa girl's brother. She's not going to be happy knowing her brother is dead, but it's his fault. He wanted to keep on fighting and my Andre has an itchy trigger finger right now.

jzNkv79.png0NyElPj.png61fIPoC.png47YdC8d.pngPYUQrLk.png

Nozat doesn't play nicely, that's for sure. Lots of strength, skill, and defense, two nasty weapons in the Zanbato & Killer Bow. If you want to lure him, put someone with a bunch of evasion in a nearby forest so they have the best chance of dodging a Killer Bow hit.

yZFCG8n.png8h3Zn7j.pngDuglhaa.png

Andre dodges the nasty arrow shot like a pro, using up his last shot of his first Thunder tome in the process.

6atwW2T.pnge6K77ZV.pngKTYuK5H.pngIYwTGvw.png

Nozat gets swarmed and killed by three other units. If he still lived due to dodging some hits, Fa would have been able to finish the job no problem.

J8x9DRi.pngHzEnp8M.pngDcHNou7.png

Saai's big reason for helping? He's to escort Fa to the Midnight Shrine. Fa is clearly confused by what Munie's asking for now.

7zHLLvP.pngWggnzMI.pngW43TeWD.png

Munie's hoping Fa's seal can be redone at the shrine, exactly as Fa herself was planning to do via a new Vassalage ritual. This is odd. Wasn't Munie wanting to transfer the Demon King's soul into a new prodigy before? Something may be fishy here, but Fa decides to let Saai come along for now.

6xr3LtL.pngOu7mxXv.pngyV0IRnZ.png9QzvStU.png

Not before some bickering is exchanged between some familiar faces, forcing Fa to remind people that her time is running short and they need to reach the Midnight Shrine soon. This ends chapter 6, but let's look at the promotion options for Djambo & Sae'rah first.

EvCTx24.pngfv3xLA1.png8cwftQO.png

All trainees have a tier 1 "Trainee +1" class. Djambo's gives him some much appreciated strength & speed, but the problem here is that no constitution is going to hurt him more due to axes being much heavier than the tomes Andre carts around.

MeuhjwU.pngoRwJe8c.png5e6gnhd.png

Due to that reason, Djambo is going to be heading down the path of a Marine. Not as much strength or speed, but he gets an extra point of hp, defense, and resistance. The big reward though is two extra points of constitution, meaning he can lift some of the heavier axes without his AS getting as penalized. Bonecrusher is one of the heaviest axes I have right now at 14 Wt, meaning a -3 AS penalty for Djambo with this class.

aH5er33.png7w4sota.pngH3EcBDI.png

Sae'rah's "Trainee +1" class is much like Djambo's with a focus more on offensive stats. No constitution bonus is bad, but Sae'rah's great speed will help to counter that a bit. I could have easily taken here down this path, but...see that other class option?

nqvGW6E.pngvlKK1yp.pngf2cYbao.png

Yeah, Sae'rah's destiny to spear things in the face Captain Rex style begins here folks! She loses out on a point of hp, skill, and speed, but gets an extra point in strength, defense, resistance, and constitution compared to her Elite Recruit class. While she'll still get slowed down by several spears, she'll hopefully continue to develop her speed as quickly as she did in chapter 6.

Death Count: Faratrass (1)

Next time: I hope not having Judgelight on Shiori won't bite me in the ass

[spoiler=Chapter 7 Part 1: Nighttime Monster Slaying]6zZeCu2.pngps1Ppad.pngtTvBC1I.pngw7mpDo6.pngVxWedB1.pngOUFB636.png

Hoikadians suddenly offering help. Seems awfully strange after trying to hunt her down all this time, wouldn't you think?

xFF6oKm.pngJd1CoRX.png0HFqD3z.pngZUeWvqR.pngOmugXU5.pngm7y8GDr.pngDVj0XXg.png

Fa mentions why she's here at the Midnight Shrine while Hellios mentions why the whole quest started.

YOehDIS.pngD6e81Gu.pngx2EaHac.pngpHHg5KQ.pngGGUiE0T.pngyzgMb9W.pngH86bCyt.pngiX5akAG.pngSUDhnWd.png

Same old counter excuse. Granted, he does have a point. Sure, Alvano might have said he was responsible, but how do we know that Alvano himself wasn't brainwashed as well? It's not a theory that can be proven right now, but it's certainly a possibility.

gFYWgF4.pngsHg4l8I.pngfERj6md.pngIfheIf7.pngs1fk5T2.pngwnjR1cg.pngIyyj9D6.pngipUY6wP.png

Still, one thing's very clear right now. Fa's seal must be redone and they both want to see it happen.

RATDNv0.pngBGsi5fb.pngS3pQEqN.png3dx06uC.pngbhtoMij.png

You know, assuming hordes of monsters don't just randomly show up and cause trouble.

FPajwDX.pngNPHl4MX.pngg5XpuuA.pngl8PAWbw.pngG6ltU7R.pnggi1oq7F.pngYwVwiyO.png

Shiori's going to be busy keeping enemies off her doorstep. She also pulls a random Candle tome & Tonics out of nowhere.

IoL0nBJ.png

Fog of War chapter, lovely. The Lantern would be very nice to have, but with only one available to me, deciding on what team gets it is a challenge. Couple that with some nasty enemies waiting in the dark and you have a difficult chapter on your hands here.

DK4FZZw.png

Shiori is going to be very busy herself during this chapter. As she mentioned earlier, she needs to protect the 3x3 set of squares representing where the ritual will take place. Any monster that steps into it causes a game over.

QkFFVfH.png

Luckily, Shiori's new tome is a reaver weapon meant to counter Anima magic. She is going to owe her life to it very soon since it'll take awhile before I can get some people up to her to provide assistance.

Xe3q4q7.png

Fa has some very important work to her east so Ceapana uses her Barrier staff to boost Fa's resistance. She'll need it badly.

Cg0Nb88.png

Going east with Fa & Ceapana are going to be Menmus & Sae'rah. The former picks up the latter so she can get over east much quicker.

jiXMoSD.pngNZ5lUhC.png

First blood goes to Rya after she shoots down a Big Eye.

kq6A3xZ.pngt8uaIT6.png

Weiss chops up a Zombie and picks up a good level. Enemies that hit defense are going to be much more prevalent on the western side of the map where he, Rya, Andre, Djambo, Cristoph, and Puledra are going to head down.

pZmpqDC.pngFNmqMmZ.png1JZKGtP.png

Gosh darn evasive Skeletons! At least Andre capped speed though.

w09g9J8.pngHnpJ73z.png

Cristoph fails to kill the rogue Skeleton cause he missed too, but Djambo does not miss and the pile of bones is grinded to dust.

KHFx3Fm.png

Puledra rushes up and heals Cristoph. That's good.

jcG0nNc.png

However, a Zombie on the enemy phase comes running down and hits him. That's bad!

l3u4bfs.png

Soldier class green army units are the best at dodging hits with good chances to land. This theory cannot be refuted sadly.

USDeuQ8.png

Oh, you hit Fa during the enemy phase?

zBJJwE7.png

Get Rex'd Fa'd monster!

8w5hVnT.pngu63pmTB.png

More random skirmishes happening between people during the enemy phase. Wonder how Fa is doing since she's more or less taking all the counterattacks for the eastern team right now.

2dh7joI.png1GBN3W1.pngaSXgzCe.png

The whole magical Captain Rex theory gets proven once again as what I believe is Fa's second round of combat ends with a crit in the face of a Skeleton. Also, she gets even more goddamned quicker and I love it.

SRK5plk.pngM6CWSQn.png

This one couldn't resist the pull of a potential green army kill via a double hit.

mtpGfbx.pngPzTm2C1.pngilRNGCG.png

Death all around. The enemy fares worse from the death exchange.

NYtBzMC.pngmNF6Oqb.png

Always pay attention to what Shiori says between turns, if anything. She'll want to stand guard at the western entrance to the ritual area for the next few turns.

7BUAf0r.pngIw0VyhJ.pngt76Lj0S.png

The Bonecrusher is going to see plenty of use in this chapter due to the heavy volume of Skeletons on the map. Strength & speed is a pretty good two stat level for Djambo.

ewXmZCl.pnglU0FZFI.png

Never showed off the stats of a typical Skeleton, but you can expect them to have a good chunk of speed & defense along with varied weaponry as they can wield any strength based weapon (swords/axes/spears/bows).

Z9EchaL.png

Menmus drops Sae'rah right next to Fa, hopefully with a chance to get her murder on for some delicious experience.

X0MpRx5.pngziG6fVE.png

Ceapana heals up Fa, then moves east to reveal a pair of Big Eyes.

rU1MBbr.pngwtWRnr3.png

Fa blows up one of the Big Eyes. The other doesn't move so it'll likely try to hit Ceapana.

A64jYL8.pngy5Ne8Zg.pngYYNZTqW.png

Weiss is awesome as he dodges a hit in the process of slaying a Zombie.

tROymyM.pngPHQmtqI.png

Andre finishes off the last enemy in visible range of the western team.

1k5wWOk.png

Puledra heals himself up just in case another random enemy comes flying out of the dark at him.

3HMHT5z.png

Another enemy phase and...well now, just a Zombie. Shouldn't be a problem, right?

BhMW9Cr.png

Assuming the Zombie didn't have buddies, yes. Thank god for dodging as the poison damage would be annoying for her to deal with on top of everything else.

QsvqQGR.png

Not going to show every combat of the green army brigade. Just know that this guy basically kills an enemy a turn if he can reach any of them.

msOtUG4.pngtwYnakD.png9gZZ8xf.pngNemCpzs.pngwB8pyAP.pngYMnCtRr.png

Well now, I think this guy will be answer to "How do I open the chests I saw at the start of the chapter?" as part 1 of the update comes to a close.

[spoiler=Chapter 7 Part 2: Thievery At Long Last!]umEfEtb.pngYxLl3dJ.png

Shiori finishes off the Skeleton that attacked her on the enemy phase.

cJG0jsa.pnggPmMgbj.png

Sae'rah is just so combat capable right now and it'll only get better as she picks up levels.

Q5PRCPM.png5vPiyXG.png

Probably a little paranoid here since I don't remember what's around the southeastern portion of the map too well, but oh well. Ceapana getting even more evasive is good enough for me. Despite that Barrier use being a little of a waste due to my paranoia, there was an upside to it.

Sx3C0GV.png

She can now use that Physic staff I picked up last chapter, sweet.

6sZDB1p.pngTtIXgja.png

Rescuing a couple green army units for the moment.

lN98bpX.pngJ5ZvZvc.pngS6t65ll.png

One dead Skeleton results in Andre picking up a Wishbone, boosting luck by 2 when used.

lvinhVI.png

Dodging like a pro, great!

tuVvs5A.pngvSdVORK.png

Ok, let's be fair here. She basically deserved at least one of these after getting speed blessed to hell and back.

IeUzbHs.pngiINMvu8.png

Menmus gets to some Zombie slaying action for the first time himself.

a7KuCpD.png

Fa's going to have a chat with the Thief she sees.

ftd1F7i.pngB1mh1YZ.pngNvUzRO8.png

Letruffe is doing what all...ahem, "artists" do. Loot random places for treasure.

8wBXShT.pngHF2DzSf.pngwrZkPh7.pngF75rk3x.pngD2QAqy6.png

An artist that's a spy. Clever profession if it were true.

PjJH5VZ.pngjbXdDMn.pngSHAs4o0.pngPnOQyT6.pngBCV8K38.png

So much for the "artist" motif there chief.

QLxePHN.pngwB9aaC8.pngRHhYjZ2.pngtWejPQu.pngvehnVG9.pngt83w53q.png

He's a little weird in the head, wouldn't you all agree?

zc1Xbic.pngNiGrDhj.pngFjbE28n.png

Fa takes a chance to take a little funny stab at Letruffe. Fair's fair there sir.

cAA3kw6.pngyU4bgQv.png

Of course. He's here for a sword. His reasoning for looking for it as Fa asks him?

VXqFOn0.pngKGHZ17q.pnga6FbP8b.png

SSBGfTC.png

Well, he's not telling. You know what you little dingbat?

hqQwYeo.png

Get in my team, now.

xjsnshr.pngejudhFK.pngsEN7j47.png

Oh yeah, real cute saying there chief. Anything else witty to say?

6as5oin.pngRe6Q8DS.pngcaKWaDz.png

Works for me! We'll need to find this Solaris weapon before ending the chapter, but that's fine.

ifwSmmR.pngBkvIhpx.png2FjbIIW.pngw2oZflg.png

I've got a goddamned Thief now, yay!

Anyways, Letruffe might not have a whole lot in the way of defenses, but he's surprisingly strong for a Thief. Couple that with two very good weapons and he's quite capable of killing or severely injuring any monster he runs across.

Now, let's skip ahead a bit because something happened...

TzyFOql.png

Ok, just going to wound the Zombie in the back. Shiori can then just counterkill these two to death.

IHuHb8S.png

Ow. Still this is the second Zombie killed so she oughta...

3eOATmK.pngOOWB1Na.png

Oh dammit I thought these dingbats came after this turn. No matter, this is the only one in range, right?

cR0tSAV.png

Motherfucker it wasn't. Ok, new plan!

jGcX4li.png

Blow up the Zombie that's weak. That way, she has enough hp to eat one physical & a Vacuanox hit.

KVMxotR.pngJM6k0Fu.png

Letruffe breaks out his shiny Hook Blade against a Skeleton. Ceapana finishes it off with her Lancereaver.

M1HtOlI.pnglckrF6a.png

Lots of damage getting taken by a couple people in the east, but this is all they have to worry about this enemy phase.

iVrguPk.png

Thank god for that dodge. She now has some breathing room for killing the Big Eyes once the Zombie kicks off.

qW6cZR0.png

Like this!

o4T6BYC.png8eJWt4v.png

You're not a Soldier unless you crit on single digit odds. It's an unspoken rule amongst the class.

1wuWwyX.pngVfgqCbD.png

Menmus wipes out the other Zombie in the area and picks up a level. He might not be very fast right now, but he's got solid strength & defense which is good.

W3vBXUR.pnghjWlfS9.png

Letruffe takes some Potions off of Fa so he can patch himself up.

A3W5EaK.png

Yeah no. Try again some other time jerk. She'll be just fine.

mWugJuv.png

Oh god dammit. She got really lucky that she dodged that last hit because this asshole just critted her.

lW60sr3.png2zjuMOj.png

Ceapana returns the favor with a crit of her own and picks up a level. More magic is good.

1eYalWn.png51EMXNB.png

Shiori's getting sick and tired of dealing with giant eyes so she deletes both of them on her counterattacks.

6FW0i9g.png

Finally, Shiori gets a breather to heal herself up.

czySJ9j.pngQzzGpHT.pngeP0rSZd.pngA622m4G.pngbjm2xwK.pngLbtFAX0.png

The eastern team gets to some more monster slaying activities.

A3WNKQR.png

Oh hey, the western team is still active. I've just been trying to get two green army units killed on their side (and failing miserably because -- move enemies are quite prevalent on this side).

IZkVrQM.pngkkfWF4x.png

This is about all that really happened on the enemy phase.

C47209k.pngosQx8uq.png3MkEIxp.png6PE2Pc5.pngGc63hzx.png4925OMr.png

Shiori senses Hoikade, but also some new threats coming in from the east, one of which is very dangerous. That's a bit of a lie actually because there's two dangerous enemies on that side.

mhTZhNi.pngimrp2Ig.pngmzDDa8X.png

For now though, some healing takes place and Ceapana picks up Saai so he doesn't steal precious exp from me as part 2 of the update comes to a close.

Getting tired tonight so I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning to post up chapter 7's ending cutscenes.

[spoiler=Chapter 7 Part 3: Sae'rah's Absurdly Good Stats]WnyGII8.pngpNvMazY.pngnmU7Ye9.png

Letruffe wipes out a Zombie and picks up his first level. Looking spiffy there sir!

5Ulul6B.pngfu9XTvp.png

Sae'rah likewise engages in slaying a Zombie this turn and picks up her first level of the chapter. Thanks to her godlike stats for a lv1, she's not too concerned if she gets one or two meh levels like this, though speed is always good.

uTjit09.pngL6ieTsf.png

Well, I can see why Shiori sensed a dangerous enemy. That Skeleton could almost one shot her.

707aQmU.png

She waits on the pillar for now. Also, see where Menmus is here compared to the last picture? There's a reason for that because he got offed by what I consider an equally dangerous enemy behind the Devil Blade Skeleton.

U2xoQWe.pngI7JygeS.pnguBH8G4f.png

Lots of healing takes place for the eastern team. Menmus & Letruffe are going to help Shiori with her protection job while the rest are going to go west towards the chests.

r7ws3Ik.pngCcgDpNv.png

Another turn has passed and Shiori senses another strong enemy to the east. Joy.

Also, see that Skeleton with the bow behind the other one?

hW27T7f.png

Welcome to the reason that Menmus got on to the Death Count list...twice. Damned crit rate shenanigans.

7LY9VoM.png3bSSxyt.pngyMhVHWn.png

Know who isn't dying right now? Andre. He just entered into double digit levels of defense and got more magic.

jHe5EOl.pngOQyyLQl.pngK0u8OJi.png

Rya is awesome. Just saying.

SFVZrhE.pngqEAbhB8.png3Yv0d86.png

Djambo finds himself a target to smack with Puledra around to provide healing.

4ok3zuv.pnghf2qrEc.png

Fa grabs some Tonics out of storage so Ceapana can patch herself up with one. I don't think I'll need to worry about her taking any more damage this chapter, but I'd rather be safe than sorry here.

KeV4Wx5.pngkBxgxMm.png

This Skeleton shows off the other quality of the Devil Blade...it can randomly do a reversal on the user. Not sure if it's any different in this hack, but the usual formula for a reversal is a (31 - user's luck)% chance.

ZUatx2e.png

The Skeleton really had the worst luck. Yet another reversal happened on a counterattack to Letruffe and the pile of bones died.

GAbGOD7.png66JQ27y.png

Welp, no critical to slay the jerk. Please don't crit me, please don't crit me...

vipOJGg.png

It actually didn't crit, yay. Hell, I realized that even if a crit happened, Letruffe would have still been alive with 1 hp.

T5Rz7Sd.pngo8slrtL.png

One person doesn't counterkill, the other does.

l90QBN5.pngMnJD8dv.png1viob59.png

Killer Bow asshole dead, thank god.

mb1NVc3.pngfl4YuG6.pngiPv9hzk.png

This was the third powerful enemy Shiori sensed? That might have been overestimating things girl. At the very least, this Big Eye drops a Circulum tome and a good level for Letruffe.

L5ojrhG.pngPwDvnl4.png05wh4Y7.pngF1IzV1g.png

Sae'rah has some enemies all to herself now to slay for experience.

ciagNVl.pngx1XrJ8F.png

Andre covers for Djambo after he missed a Skeleton.

YozAsTL.pnga5G7tqw.png

Sae'rah's spear strikes now hit even harder, awesome.

XT1Aivq.pngVnGKDHC.pngjVPzWun.png

Meanwhile up north, the "boss" of this chapter finds a target in its range. All the boss gets though is a crit hit & normal hit. It does have an item I want to get though, the Ominous Eye (+2 skill when used).

nsULdxO.pngXWTt3jQ.pngjOzwmhl.pngQRdybPN.png

Shiori & Menmus finish off the boss on the next turn. Menmus picks up the Ominous Eye and a good level.

k3Wmu5W.png

Sae'rah continues to kill things for experience.

94e0DHw.png

Fa empties her inventory into storage. She's going to act as a distraction for the enemies so Sae'rah can poke for experience.

5pBArFm.png

Djambo gets a rather un-physical like level smacking around a Zombie.

YLttvyb.pngXkR6rMo.png

Yeah, she'll be fine.

Let's just skip ahead to some highlights since the worst of this map is over with now.

yRZi0ut.pngvp2o6Kd.png

Earth shattering kabooms. Always a pleasure to see.

j0bJ6KV.png

Defense for Sae'rah and a free Zanbato.

gYZdfGv.pngAW90FyC.png

Offensively focused level for Djambo.

CDK3Rd1.pngLEIhxei.pngB712GpA.png

Honestly, Andre doesn't really need a whole lot more right now except for magic and perhaps luck. Everything else is a bonus.

ldrWfEj.png2agihmp.pngYIBmK4T.pngNkGFNPt.pngebMzjkX.pngpdg67dq.pngCXCFFFF.png

Far in the north in one of the stone buildings is a lone chest containing the weapon Letruffe was looking for. With this, he'll keep his promise and stick with Fa's group from now on.

Also, Solaris is awesome because it's effective on monsters and 1-2 range.

iF73qMt.pngdm5g6Gv.pngwg8fgK9.pngMAgpFEw.png

Loot from the two remaining chests on the map.

Now, levels!

zdPK0Wu.pngXdn6rJv.pngdIqby9L.png5borM69.png

Sae'rah's levels from clearing out a bunch of trash around the map. Last chapter, she was needing assistance in getting kills. Now though? She's operating just fine on her own.

Also...damn her stats are stupidly good right now and she has TWELVE levels left to grow. I have a feeling she's going to ram into three or four tier 1 stat caps by 20 at this rate.

ygpemT6.pngKoSGx50.pngS5tnqnt.pngLl7mNTj.pngtZl6XGf.png

Levels everyone else got as the remaining monsters were kicked off the map. Puledra's level was just a big giant "...Huh?" followed by chuckles.

Kqu86cd.pnga5X6Z2M.png

Finally, Fa waits at her destination, her inventory still empty. Gotta be sure nothing can get potentially zapped away during the ritual you know.

The conclusion of this chapter will come next time. Stay tuned!

Let's wrap up chapter 7 shall we? Chapter 8 screenshots up until the boss's death have been taken so those will be following shortly.

As a forewarning from here on out until chapter 8's all said and done with, there's going to be some heavy story spoilers so if you haven't played this far yet and don't want to be spoiled, turn around now.

For the rest of you, sit back and enjoy the show.

[spoiler=Chapter 7 Part 4: Revenge]lGyHo1D.png

Fa's quite relieved, knowing her long and arduous journey will soon be at an end.

swzFfux.pngmYUTWw5.pngeqh8332.pngt9Z4zGT.pngANvcIyR.png

Walking corpses...yeah, she has a point there. Clearly though, Shiori doesn't remember when she got offed by a giant eye.

bC39mmN.pngbnItV1K.pngeH4Txz1.png

Fa's about to begin her Vassalage ritual, but suddenly...

zA97Wzu.pngCwZyC6H.pngenZhsvH.pngoh4F0WF.pngH6Lk0hn.png

Random monster out of nowhere that Shiori somehow didn't sense.

7o1GOmV.pngTpz8Van.pngmTgXK7M.pngPldFec8.pngkt2e1JQ.png

A good point brought up here. If Shiori didn't sense that monster from before, how do we know the ritual isn't screwed up now with monster energy?

9NbZE1C.pngLK8jWWI.png8KpLZLM.pngbZqnZbU.pnga8EQRsI.pngnqux94Q.png

You know, I don't think the question was "Is the ritual working?", but rather "Is the ritual corrupted, thusly turning our heroine into a demon if she undergoes it?". Oh well, she'll be fine I'm sure.

4cKiSi3.pngOt6LOjD.pngb1fayGr.pngdVJFvNJ.pngbOfaKp1.pngfnUwj1i.pngi7s5S81.pngCQJNLv6.png

Meanwhile, Hellios runs off to tell Saai his cover is blown, prompting a flashback to start.

uRMDGDi.pngam5yjgk.pngc0Ld0ge.png

This one takes place right as Munie is telling Saai of his new orders which were to escort Fa to the Midnight Shrine, using force only if she doesn't cooperate.

UY54oZD.pngEUFN1qU.png6IDphfe.png8huSNWk.pngeAuvGw4.pngbB06U4T.pngkJNyBKK.png

Obviously she wants to do what's best for her country, but more importantly, she mentions one thing already known by now...if Fa ended up being fought in Lazulis, Hoikade would almost likely be drawn to war.

MKEDoy2.pngkBtMdtI.pngf5y8Gh9.pngV4zuusM.png

"If she was really controlled by Him"...Oh hell, I know what she REALLY wants Saai to do when he gets to the shrine with Fa! Remember, she mentioned back at the end of the prologue that Fa was lying and it really was the Demon King talking there.

S6OWh2O.pngl85JOwp.png

So it shouldn't come as a surprise when Munie tells Saai to off Fa and perform the ritual of Vassalage on the kid, Lyvonis.

bQdkjDr.pngboHT7G4.pngaqPVlLL.png

A fair point actually. Even if Fa's seal were to be redone, how do we know it won't break again down the road?

Actually...here's a better question. How do we know that the seal will stay more intact inside the body of Lyvonis?

1aHj1Lr.pngZfaebM2.png

So, Saai's Soul Mirror has a purpose besides cancelling out critical hits. Interesting.

ZjCxOYf.pngQnBv0y5.pngfdVNmCg.pngmWwOxLD.pngYFV2fEC.png

Back to reality and a scuffle breaks out. Hellios may actually be able to scratch Saai, but he would die in 3 hits so the odds are stacked against him.

Suddenly...

VWUyWql.png

*Insert rumbling here*

acfNT1T.pngta9lOBp.png

Well, Hellios is off to grab Shiori because something happened.

8ZtfUp3.pngEyKVKzI.png

Welp, Fa is about to...

u1TQCZn.png

...dodge? Sweet, now she's going to use Reablumbra for a counterattack.

...Wait, she never had that tome before. Also, she never had that much hp. Guess that's the enhanced magic of Ceapana at work there.

JGQud6J.pngsjcuSiy.png

Fa's critical is different too (the shadowy demon looks a little more defined and there's a bit of a demonic scream right before the magic spell goes off).

Her eyes were red too. That wasn't there before.

JiJ3Hl8.png

And Saai's dead which means Hoikade's pretty much decimated in terms of leaders besides Munie now.

Now Fa, would you mind explaining why you just killed Saai? I mean, you weren't on THAT bad of terms with...

seXDzuV.png1sA4Wbm.png

.....uh oh.

0HfJFS2.png2huSuZh.pngpkcT9St.png

The Demon King has officially taken over Fa's body and killed both Saai & Lyvonis. We're doomed.

Anyways, that's chapter 7 done with.

Death Count: Faratrass (1), Shiori (1), Menmus (2)

Next time: One giant monster filled battle against time!

Edited by LunaticScreamer

[spoiler=Chapter 8 Part 1: A Race Against Time]9pwM7Io.pngfzuDgtM.pngMQ7wF6Z.pngCZEOgxQ.pngdJkcaGA.pngO1m8a1S.png

Panic: The Game! Time to rush back to the shrine and try to talk to Fa. We know how that's going to end though.

H7QAKqT.png

Well Shiori, you could ask Fa if she's fine. She'll live I guess.

YXOYESG.pngYCVguNb.png

Besides being possessed by the Demon King and having deep red eyes you know. Standard ancient evil procedures and all.

Anyways, music trivia time! The theme of the other phase for the last couple of chapters (and it happened once in chapter 3 when Garion started talking) was the second battle theme from Etrian Odyssey called Destruction Begets Decay. The song playing now as the Demon King begins speaking is from Etrian Odyssey as well which is called Dyed in Blood, the stratum boss theme.

lbrtAN7.pngKuRnhOG.pngZNHC5Xv.pngJcKNbeY.png

So yeah, that whole Fa getting possessed by the Demon King move? That's all on your head Hellios. You checked it and it looked like it was working. Evidently you didn't check if some monster ninja stepped on it when Shiori wasn't looking and, well, here we are.

EZpG7IV.pngZTvlQwd.pngAIbaGUS.pngEqK8Z55.png

I'm getting the feeling that this is going to end really badly, isn't it?

coi8B5A.pnguGIUSWo.png

I really hope you two have a plan to stop the Demon King right now because he probably has most of my Fa's stats and I don't know if anyone can withstand that kind of assault.

On the plus side, the music changes into what happens to be one of my favorites from the hack by a long shot. It's another Touhou song, this one coming from Embodiment of Scarlet Devil and it's the theme of the stage 4 boss, Patchouli Knowledge. The name of the song is "Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room".

Best part about this song? The only time it gets interrupted is when a battle is started by the player or enemy. It goes to show just how severe the situation is right now if a song is going to be playing for that long. Shit's about to get real.

z0egodT.pngxGrdZXx.pnggDRLsTj.pngi9ujFiB.pngl28ACCP.png7chFbt3.png9JwspMr.png

Tons of monsters spawned. Time to do battle!

VLoaSiu.png

Lots of monsters to plow through in order to the reach the Demon King and get him exorcised from Fa's body. I'm going to play VERY aggressively here for a reason that'll reveal itself later on.

xt8okPL.png

Shiori finally gets her personal tome back. Hellios also rescues Shiori and backs the hell up to the rest of the southern team. I'll mention why in a second.

W9Fu8oG.pngIe9BI32.png

First, Sae'rah opens up the can of monster slaying by critting a Skeleton to death.

85pZxWX.pngsBVBv5G.png

Pictured: Why Hellios had to get Shiori the hell out of there. She gets hit by this and, while not dying in one hit, would have to dodge four killshots in a row because she'd be on something like 1 or 2 hp at best. Not a risk I'm willing to take.

o5XRlQI.png

Luckily, some take & drop magic puts her down right behind my main tank for the southern team. She's going to be attacked by six enemies. I think she'll be fine with her absurdly good stats.

ZqSZmkF.png1jso4RV.png

The northern team has quite the powerhouse squad. I'm going to have to hold back from moving too far though since a Zombie has something very nice I want Letruffe to steal, Dark Flesh (+2 con when used). I'll need at least one turn to clear enough of a path for him to run in and steal it safely.

tqrVvxE.pngbEcRtdW.png

Djambo might be the lowest level of the crew up north, but he certainly is no slouch in dealing damage. He one shots a Bow Skeleton to the southwest with his Bonecrusher.

1w2sGfB.pngw6wlgcO.png

Ceapana comes over to keep the lone southwestern Skeleton boxed in and to provide Djambo with healing if needed.

GluWgFs.pngW972YAH.pngX1QKQia.png7MSVWnh.pngjdUJDG1.png

Andre, Menmus, and Weiss each pick a target and murder it, making sure not to step into the range of the Zombie with the Dark Flesh.

tZ0CUfd.png83HgBie.pngXkIck4V.pngCbkHljb.pnggFjrNp1.png9bD6ib9.png

Sae'rah pulled a Rex on the enemy phase. Six enemies in total (two Zombie, two Sword Skeletons, two Bow Skeletons) attacked her. Two survived because of bow shenanigans. The other four? She crit their asses. Total damage she took was 3 from a Zombie. Sae'rah, please continue to be awesome, thank you.

3rfcfgK.pngXmxC1jy.png

This Skeleton can double Djambo, ouch. At least Djambo dodged this hit though (Which wouldn't have needed to happen if he had just hit the pile of bones).

KTUGOjb.png9FBmqAz.png

Everybody else attacked manages to take only the lightest of wounds.

bIC8qU7.pngExLWcR4.pngDSaERyO.pngrBKRrRk.png

Both Bow Skeletons that didn't get counterattacked die on the next player phase.

XFSwoau.pngTFh69Nc.pngFe3Vx54.png

Djambo finally hits paydirt as his second attempt at dropping the other southwest Skeleton is a success, granting him the first level of the chapter.

RIo56Il.pngEkEw0Xa.pnglPYJFxL.png9T8Fcfu.png

Ceapana picks up Djambo and moves east. Menmus comes down and grabs the Bonecrusher from Djambo, then parks himself in a forest just below Letruffe, allowing Weiss to come over, grab the Bonecrusher from Menmus, and use it to smash a Skeleton's face in and pick up a rank in axes.

S190VsV.png

Killing that Zombie allows Letruffe to rush forward and lift the Dark Flesh from the Zombie.

uhNzUVp.pnglmwoOi6.png

Still a Skeleton in range so Cristoph grabs the Bonecrusher from Weiss and plants in the jerk's face.

w8u3GYt.pngDCFCGxS.png

Andre runs forward and blows up the Zombie that Letruffe stole from. All in all, this chapter is going very smoothly so far.

gQHIqDl.pngRalYboP.pnglvv2Glk.pngF1rAhqf.png

Tricks, strategies...oh shit the Demon King's going to find a way to one hit kill my entire party, isn't he?

xlivNWu.pngangwyrv.png

Kinda like what Letruffe did to this Zombie after the poor fool attacked him. Pretty good level up to boot!

xur4Ier.pngrYA8QpH.png

Wounds getting patched up by my healers. With how fast I'm going to be moving here, I'm going to need to stay healthy at all times.

wBVsIec.pngpOJn3Kk.png

Sae'rah continues to tear apart the enemy forces. As for the weapon the Skeleton was using, it's basically the spear version of the Devil Blade, reversal chance & all.

y9OvuEw.pngQuECiUn.png

Eh, I needed an excuse to break the 1 use Klingensturm I had lying around.

3qHzdd7.png

The Centaurs will start moving once this is said.

ZPK3nv2.pngPDGBf1Y.png

Of course, if the Skeletons here were intended to be "scouts", they're going to die before the "Cavaliers" get to my team.

tybG3c8.png

Especially when the scouts don't care about running away to save their hides.

OeZm44R.pngZThn7cW.png

Any mounted unit would do best to stay back once the Centaurs approach thanks to this weapon.

qHNBPcf.png36gn0Od.pngfmBG5fj.png

Rya & Schwarz clean up the rest of the Skeleton scouts.

H34TACA.pngCJD8hR9.pngv86AjXP.png

Remember the Bonecrusher trading chain I went through to crush some Skeletons? Same idea here, just with the Heavy Spear.

I also don't use Shiori to switch Sae'rah's weapon back to the Axereaver. Whoops.

r0SwvOp.pngHAUMRGt.pngNwVj9iV.png

Sound advice from the Demon King actually. Specialized squads are ok & all, but you might want to send more then 2-3 units from said squad for it to have any impact.

YlHzwVo.pngtzXNJKD.png

*facedesk*

This may top my stupidity from chapter 3. Sae'rah kinda got owned once because I'm a dingbat that forgot to switch her weapon back to the Axereaver with Shiori. Here, I STILL forget to do that, but somehow she decides to dodge both hits.

uWuFayK.png

Alternatively, I could have done this as well one turn earlier. Nope, didn't do that either. Sae'rah goes to the Death Count list because I'm such a good strategist.

Part 1 of the update is over with. More to come!

[spoiler=Chapter 8 Part 2: Almost Out of Time]5DUiIhA.pngogAghWR.pngerva6v8.png

Schwarz takes a slight risk of getting one hit killed to drop a Centaur for a...slightly ok level I guess?

u3l3JET.pngw9ikSh7.png

This is what Sae'rah SHOULD have been using against the Centaurs.

ChOMo82.pngeoEPo1o.png

The rest of the Centaur squad gets crushed by Weiss & Rya.

sRCmcam.pngK6rm0Nf.png

Shiori & Hellios open up a wall to the east.

ZGxZG1q.pngI9Dgosk.png

Probably all but the final "YOU ALL WILL DIE NOW!" wave I'm guessing. Bring it.

yjDRWvQ.pngZfPxKie.png

Here's a before & after shot. The Demon King basically just resummoned every wave from the the outside zones and then some.

qRRzfoU.pngRBXomXP.pngnAGBuYz.png

This is your cue that things are going to get really nasty in several turns if you don't have enough of a strike force up at the Demon King's doorstep.

K6UOX2h.pngjZQ8BBF.png

"Might" be a trap? Girl, knowing the Demon King, that's is TOTALLY a trap

jW5BbU0.pngW7bfGJo.png.

Damnation! I would have Sae'rah gut the jerk, but I don't have anyone close enough to switch her weapon back to the Axereaver.

qlwsLUK.pngLFU0eqr.png

Plan B: Switch up the inventory of Hellios, then send him through the wall I broke down last turn. With any luck, he'll have a clear path to the siege tome jerk on the next turn and melt it with his Warp Sword. Until then, I'll have to endure at least one shot of the siege tome.

fbtAOUY.pngj5EKaLa.png

Since I need to hold up for a turn so some of the enemies thin out, Sae'rah & Weiss get the last two uses of my Barrier staff.

zhytiOZ.png57zzTSK.pngIv7Zhsn.png

The magic using enemies don't fare too well this turn.

GcZ0Gl0.png

Very interested to see what Sae'rah's promotions will be for the future. She's just doing so good that I'd seriously consider promoting her now if I could do so.

xA4E3Gh.png93EnXl4.png40lTwtc.png

A couple enemies try to annoy Hellios, but just end up dying horribly in the process.

TWvStPv.pngbYaIOX6.png

You can die now, thank you.

dvQwr7K.png2Opeeas.png

The front line of Skeletons gets smashed. Letruffe kicks off the murder with a crit on the only melee based pile of bones in the trio..

UMDUFkF.pngAzCVXlw.pngHdwlzJO.png

Weiss & Rya polish off the other two Skeletons. Rya gets yet another 6 stat level of win for herself.

T1GdOxK.pngEQ47JZj.pngH1VyPLq.png3usO455.pngIPZkrRn.png

Some healing takes place while Shiori goes for a walk in the forest. It's a good thing I decided to heal up Cristoph there though. Why?

I2ZpKe9.pngXwcGQU5.pngpmJSXno.png

Two Centaurs attack him and both hit. He one shots both of them with his Halberd and picks up a good level.

CmAYu8L.png

A Centaur tries to do something to Shiori, but she's having none of that crap and counterkills its ass.

xsWFthC.png

Weiss & Puledra open up a wall leading to some chests for Letruffe to loot over the next couple of turns.

HEWqOEj.pnggVY3yOA.png

Sae'rah runs up to Letruffe to grab the Dark Flesh so she can use it, then gets ferried a good distance to the southeast thanks to take & drop magic.

wku5zsw.pngSAQJ5np.pngjtG9KIh.png

Andre fries a Skeleton, picking up a rank in Anima magic and a fresh Klingensturm sword.

VYd0St4.png9IUYxkW.png

Yeah no, nice try there jerk. Sae'rah quickly counterkills a potentially nasty threat and picks up its axe which goes straight to Menmus.

CwelndX.pngAgDNzxf.pngzrX6Uhb.png

Letruffe loots the first chest while my healers do some maintenance on a couple injured units. I want to start pushing hard into that northeast corner soon.

hFrwGBw.pngZfnxugn.pngI2MhldT.pngL1dW3Mi.pngZ2229XM.pngdbOzFvA.pngCVTohpb.png

The Demon King's whole line of Big Eyes suicides on Andre & Weiss. Weiss fares much better in the level up department this go around.

PPZiZZ3.pngUkPl5sy.pngYBuV11B.pngM6CsCob.png

If you see this, start hauling ass if you've only just gotten outside. Trust me.

jyO9FLa.png

Sae'rah goes south to reach that village. She decides to stick to the forests on her way there.

ahVoHFI.pngIRwGZqi.png

Letruffe will be stealing that next turn.

C5CMDxP.png

On the next turn, Sae'rah goes...south? Why not just go southeast? Well, I hope you didn't send a low defense unit down this direction.

bzyxWUo.pngMdtbiEg.pngONNNfU4.pngmBu7CIl.png

Yeah Demon King, I saw that trap coming from a mile away. Nice try though.

8jNj2ZW.pngLnLWx28.png

Cristoph offs a Skeleton up north.

OlmegKN.pngERbKb67.pngexyfW6c.pnguXr8kZB.pngkDTVNS1.png

So much for the Demon King's supposed "trap". The Luckos squad either can't double someone (Ceapana) or can't damage someone (Sae'rah).

Going to end the update here. Next time, the Demon King gets his ass kicked.

Boss kill in this update. Still need to take screenshots for all the post battle end scenes so hopefully I can get that up either late tonight or early tomorrow.

[spoiler=Chapter 8 Part 3: Out of Time]N7cAKne.png

Oh boy, here we go.

785inVc.pngTJonN1k.png

Oh god an army of deathwall members! Also, the Demon King isn't bullshitting when he says for them to get faster.

zOe1BZY.png

Yeah, they have max stats, but more importantly...see that 0 move? That's different than the -- move they used to have. After this turn ends, that move goes up by 2. After the next turn ends, another 2 points are added (4 total now). A couple more turns pass and 2 more move is added (6). Finally, after three turns or so, their move goes up by 2 points yet again. Whether or not it can go even higher doesn't matter because by then, they'll be at your doorstep.

When these guys appear, best to say you have ~5 turns or so to beat up the Demon King.

MrSNSxC.pngOyvMonz.png

Sae'rah continues to shame the Luckos squadron.

iCUlCYG.pngRaV9RWH.png

Puledra takes a couple things off of Letruffe (For the record, the other chest he looted had a Holy Fire tome) so the "artist" can go lift a Wishbone from a Skeleton.

I3UtN0s.pngKqREhnL.pngSko7u1V.png

Cristoph takes care of a Skeleton.

GRAqRfq.pngqYdH1Go.pngjTjb48h.png

Ceapana & Schwarz double team the lone Luckos that wandered north.

6YcvzTR.png

*insert rumbling here*

Whenever rumbling happens after you end your turn, the Achilletaurs get that +2 move boost.

5v0IrQk.pngxUFrTwe.pngLG6ouwj.png

Fucks given by Sae'rah: 0!

w66F551.pnghivVvJ2.png

Cristoph offs the other Skeleton by the Demon King. His defense may not be going up, but as long as his offenses increase, that's just fine by me.

zv1Ck62.pngfuqI9zN.pngZNrkIvU.png

First thing's first...take a close look at the magic stat, then Reablumbra's Mt, then the total Atk. Weapon ranks in this hack confer some small bonuses as it rises.

That being said, possessed Fa hits like a freight train packed with trains who are also packed with trains themselves. At a bare minimum, the magic blast will knock off at least 1/2 to 2/3rds of basically anyone's health...and that's if the attack doesn't go critical. I don't need to tell you what happens if said attack goes critical of course.

blfn344.png

Well damn, I didn't know tier 1 characters could hit S rank in a weapon type. I'm sure not complaining though.

zjmRMd4.pngYfdm0Xk.pngfOXzVxG.pngrnvGm9T.pngogy3Y3U.pngtnBOhjx.pnguUfaiRD.png

Sae'rah visits the house in the southeast, picking up a new voice as well as a another stat boosting relic. This one increases the holder's resistance by 2.

qI6YZvu.pngydQds7I.pngCPU88qG.pngWXLnw3l.pngCb0ujCJ.pngvQtXeBJ.pngGvwV4IA.pnghmEAYEL.pngpWPtGDX.pngBJkUXXp.pngnWQa7um.pngdQlGxxe.png

Lots of small, but useful stat boosts to reward a high weapon rank. For example, possessed Fa's A-Dark grants +2 Mt while Sae'rah's S-Spears grants +1 Def/Res & 10 Hit.

n1v2ADs.pngox3SKA5.pngY8skYEX.png

Just to give you a rough idea on your time limit, you'll have to end this fight around turn 19 or 20 at the latest.

vZPoB1w.png

Possessed Fa has one glaring weakness...Holy Fire's reaver effect + my blessed Andre = One owned possessed princess!

ki4ghH1.pngLjhSs5y.pngJavsQDE.png

Yeah, the Demon King might have wanted to make sure Reablumbra can nullify reaver weapons. Andre can just outlast the jerk as is.

Also, pretty rad battle theme here. It's from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia and the song is called Sorrow's Distortion which is played during the fight with Albus.

KCrwWsm.pngGgiaZTF.png

However, I have Sae'rah get her first boss kill just for kicks. If she's going to use spears, spearing enemies in the face will become her full time job.

fEnBPdQ.png

....I'm just going to go put my hardhat on and get my flame-resistant shield because this quote means something's not ending well. You'll just have to find out next time though!

Alrighty, time to wrap up everything before the route split. Once again, very heavy story spoilers coming up so you've been warned if you haven't played this far and want to see for yourselves how things turn out.

[spoiler=Chapter 8 Part 4: Prelude to the Route Split]gVizpDQ.pngkQaPjwV.png

Picking up right after the fight concluded, Shiori wants to get Fa back to the shrine since their might be some residual power to place a band-aid seal on her.

mdKb65h.pngag0jYDG.pngJcMuZbv.pngW70ykgy.png

Although Shiori insists on carrying Fa herself. Dedication to her job at its finest.

XLB2q2e.pngIE4jrY1.png

Shiori wants an explanation from Fa, but before that can happen...

BJZ7Y7w.pngQyGqDBI.pngYDnJSYC.png

Hellios is quite insistent about taking Fa on his horse, but in a shocking twist, Fa tells him to stay back. Hey, she wants Shiori's help and only hers.

DjngttE.pngSbRk0mN.pngxzVNkpt.pngqeNnKCj.pngujk5LrS.pngD16Y7DW.pngOG2F0Pi.png

Oh boy. Fa's starting to get pissed off at Hellios, stating she knows the truth.

Suddenly, flashback!

KIlAeae.pngkGdBsgj.png2YjP2fA.pngTTdR3tF.pngGXpi2lZ.png

Here's a VERY good point made by the now deceased Saai. He said the same thing Munie did back in the prologue, saying there was no way Alvano could have brainwashed that many people at one time. Hellios then makes a potentially fatal slip by saying that Saai thinks Fa had some small hand in everything.

She did not.

Remember, she wasn't all that strong back then. Even if she could control so many people at once theoretically, what reason would she have to do that? Absolutely none. She loved her country. Sure, she was annoyed by Munie on a couple occasions, but she never would have gone to such an extreme level to get back at her.

As for Munie? She's only doing what she has to in order to protect her own country. Why would she go to such great lengths to try getting Fa killed (or at the very least, the Demon King's soul transferred)? Better yet, who would she have hired to do the job if Alvano wasn't strong enough to control all those people?

Actually, here's a better question...how do we know that Alvano wasn't brainwashed himself at the time? Almost seems like Hellios is pulling random facts out of nowhere here.

q5UdHYW.pngObuvfvC.pngVubOkH6.png

Now that I think about it, it was Hellios who gave Fa that alcholic beverage right before she stormed off to a forest and the Demon King managed to manifest himself as a voice in her mind, thus indicating that her seal had been broken.

sbiinQM.pngUIdWsdN.pngDr3VPZA.pngP3BVeCd.png

In fact, Hellios called Fa "interesting". The Demon King did too when Fa said she'd seal him up once more.

zI1mzNc.pngrUg14AS.pngulXzKD4.png

Going to extremes, Fa once said Hellios was lying when he claimed to be her half-brother. Sure there's the red eyes of the Hoikade royalty, but why would Fa not know of her own brother's existence up until that point? Perhaps he did have some secret inside of him, but still, I don't think Munie would have been that bad of a ruler to let Fa go see her brother once in awhile, even with some guards going along to ensure nothing goes awry.

IsGhkH0.png

Suddenly, Fa comes to a shocking revelation back in non-flashback times. Hellios has been lying to Fa the entire time because...

Vn855GH.pngrkjnbO6.pngKLUt1kp.png

Hellios is the Demon King. "Hellios" is just an emanation of his power.

sZwMXIG.pngQF7CkMw.pngpL3BdBe.pngPUmem0J.png

Fa's annoyances with Munie, however minor, weakened her seal ever so slightly, allowing the Demon King to create the body known as Hellios after twenty years.

qqMRnqi.pnghLBpASJ.png

Shiori can't believe it, but Fa most certainly can. Still, why not kill Fa right away? Why keep her alive for so long?

l5wrGnG.pngB4JqbX2.png7T8smAQ.pngbOwv8Zo.pngOiAbDhp.png

Fa alluded to this back at the end of chapter 4, but if she had died back then, part of the Demon King's power would have gone with her since the two were still bound at the time, hence why the Demon King had to separate his & Fa's souls "in a natural way", hence why Fa's seal had to be broken and she herself weakened so much that magic of hers wouldn't have done a thing to keep him in check anymore.

SGPFH6H.pngt2gcdlt.pngsPcERMJ.png

What better way to break Fa's mind & spirit then to make her fight her own country by having the Demon King brainwash the soldiers at the castle and convince Fa that he was good hearted and, in fact, her brother.

dhjRBy0.pnga7IiFYH.pngvt8QdLQ.png17T4TxJ.pnguiJVEF1.pngfoqGU2t.png

Humans...such a weak race and easily manipulated into doing whatever the evil forces want.

...Oh boy, I think I know what's coming next. How did the Demon King get free anyways?

AxkZGli.pngCLHq8EJ.png2GBkmBM.png

Used everyone, that's what. The Demon King gets everyone to bring Fa to the shrine, he corrupts the Vassalage ritual (He did it when "Hellios" said he was going to check the ritual to ensure it was still ok after Shiori failed to detect some monster malice), Fa gets possessed by the Demon King.

Her friends, wanting to save her, beat her up, but at the same time, pushed her body to its limits enough that the Demon King could finally break free from his prison.

ABZHqZT.pngE2o9FX2.png

Why yes Cristoph, that indeed was a demonic trick. I'd be interested to know what you thought were demonic tricks in the past though.

WW2LOse.pngFCndSgs.pngWnArTmk.png

You know, right after saying goodbye to Fa because she's about to be removed from the board.

btVEWEe.png0HR14F3.pngmcBGVSl.png

Ok Shiori, I know throwing yourself in front of your friend is a good idea to protect her and all, but you should have checked the following things:

- Your chance to hit & damage done

- Demon King's chance to hit & damage done. Bonus critical chance which went off too!

QnmzWvu.png1dUR2Ew.pnglyNW30Z.png

Demon King, you MIGHT want to double check and make sure Shiori's really dead. Friendly advice there. She is the Saint and all...wait, WHAT ?!? The Saint mentioned in the opening narration?

soDhjQK.pnggB27hIP.pngVDoTJmf.pngwnOCKni.png

Well, this is about to end badly...except he REALLY should have checked to see if Shiori was dead.

YxcGfOC.pngUm476MD.png14UL1kf.png1sWv7hF.pngOtcs4u3.png

Another flash and...Shiori took back something from the Demon King, but he gets whatever power Shiori had stolen from him. Odd.

a0yahHO.pngdENix2r.pngeM13zCc.png

Well, when your race decides to actually do work, please don't fuck up in killing people again because you're likely going to have a very angry pair of girls coming for you at some point and you KINDA need the power to accomplish your murder quota.

DJgklFe.pngkREI2Os.png

Damn right Shiori is more wounded. She just ate a critical strike for ~3.75 times her max hp of 28 in damage. I'm surprised she didn't die from that honestly.

m4mfxgX.pngfFj6ZLD.pngQAdW1vV.pngHZ8pjZG.png

Anyways, the two girls need to get healed up (Ceapana dammit. She's got so much magic that she'll have them up right as rain in no time!), then everyone needs to return to Magnolia and explain the events that transpired to Phoebe.

Death Count: Faratrass (1), Shiori (1), Menmus (2), Sae'rah (1)

Next time: The beginning of a new journey!

[spoiler=Interlude Part 1: Reunion]VaUd1qn.pngQssWtdk.pngTtpSNRb.pngzmhlXWN.png

Well, it seems the girls will survive their ordeal, that's good.

mtWLITU.pngWL8KVCd.pngtoBqvVX.pngNnlcUqM.pngx0z1J6t.pngRckHy9u.png

Paraphrasing much of what was said regarding how the Demon King was able to break free so easily.

j6cbfzo.pngEZOGPlo.pngOIobbMd.pngK9AHOQj.png

Shiori though is the more pressing concern at the moment. The Demon King claimed she was the Saint of Pylum. No idea if that claim holds any water so Cristoph is given the task to go talk with her.

NZwnXBf.pngrwvYnEa.pngNaw3fyr.png

However, it doesn't take long for Cristoph to find out from Shiori that the Demon King was indeed telling the truth about her being the Saint.

Gq00wmA.pngAnn1uy2.pngclR5gLM.pngtV1ISrH.pngWOqUva4.pngsrewFrd.pnglviAYkH.png

Shiori's realizing her power isn't as absolute as people may think it is. Hellios's malice was faked by the Demon King and he was likely responsible for doing the same to Fa. He was almost assuredly 100% responsible for the Skeleton incident back at the Midnight Shrine too.

h2w7OIs.pngu7j2w2J.png29UiC8D.png

Rya takes another jab at Cristoph. Poor guy.

UIJsRvZ.pngAxN4vmp.pnghDRiDGg.pngRz3lPWv.png

Back at Magnolia, Phoebe is brought up to speed with the events that transpired as of late.

ev9GzVl.pngtdq3WRW.png5NajCUP.png

Fa's soon brought into the picture and the next major goal is set...Magnolia can't fight this battle alone. They will need companions.

cOXJFaO.pngBRTL90N.pngfU9V6k5.pngNFEqtkF.pngRUQCiZw.png

The King of Lazulis is a jerk who doesn't want to join forces. Alrighty buddy, Shiori is going to be sent your way to snap some sense into that think skull of yours.

GBnkeHG.pngoFIDqLp.png99ES24s.pngwyrBZHH.png9HpxE7Y.pngNNzYMT0.pngX4r2ZFM.png

A little more backstory to Shiori being the Saint of Pylum.

MiWOVSC.pngqB3qbEH.png6k9h7ZC.pngcvfJ6Fo.pngaBK6RHH.png

Someone needs to go to Midbar and Phoebe finds nobody better fit for the job than Fa, the last representative of Hoikade.

...Wait, "last representative of Hoikade"? Oh great, what happened now?

AcMn3uF.pngyvvPLrm.png1Vc4Ntz.pngBY3T1Nt.pngRNtEbQs.png

Things have just gotten VERY seriously bad. If ruining Fa's life by making her fight her own country wasn't bad enough, the Demon King decided to kill damn near everyone in Hoikade and take the country as his own. Munie is nowhere to be found.

ihr51Un.png2Ik1m40.pngf3qlTU5.pngjyu9pgM.png

Fa's added another counter to her rage meter. It's quite understandable though, considering the hell she's gone through already. Another tragic moment like Hoikade being overrun is just too much for her and she runs off.

R4hYGjd.png1kkjqV5.pngDAr5wQj.png

Outside, she runs into Shiori.

l6eY5qf.pngd8EEGaw.pngHpTzr1w.pngQKrK3nV.pngRq4oca7.pngxlFgqRu.png

Fa's pretty much breaks out into tears. Turned against her own country, forced to kill her own countrymen...it's hard to bounce back from something like that.

wsE42rz.pngEMtzI2l.pngTJ5GIRE.pngGc9Bewy.pngPbJWsmy.png

Shiori then reveals that her power to sense malice has disappeared.

VpfEyqO.png3Q1Gsfx.png8B45GwY.pngE7IIwTr.pngDbarFZH.pngqlX0saT.png0mCLtxR.png

Shiori tries to cheer up Fa, but this is just as hard on her right now. With her one strength taken away from her, she's just a blind girl right now and she's quite frankly very scared and starts to break down herself.

Really don't want to cut it here, but I'm running out of screenshot space for this post. Should be finished up by the next one though.

[spoiler=Interlude Part 2: The Big Decision]hz6mUOB.png9CUHFJb.pngP144oxG.png

Seems like Fa's out of her slump, that's good.

gqvjAmt.png64bxHzH.pngydLqhMk.pngEEg89K4.pngo7kdYhd.pngdExpBLc.png9HDAGq4.png

Shiori reveals a little of her backstory.

4x4Wi2o.png09BrjEG.pngYKvZYBa.png

Due to her prophetic powers, there's some people that would rather see her die. I suppose she's lucky that none of them ever really showed up to impede her yet (Demon King not withstanding).

B1GgoGQ.pngmPo5XZy.pnggfIPklo.png

And here's why Shiori wasn't exactly surprised to find Fa so quickly.

Now, one very important question remains to be asked...

jOrqKdl.pngJljlrel.pngJS6hLWj.pnglfdHNBd.png7xsHnHI.pngUc8ZQ71.png

Back when Hellios claimed there was a "reaction" when he bitchslapped Shiori for triple digit damage on a critical, he said "You took them back" while he" got back His/Demon King's power". Fa would be right to assume that's around the time Shiori lost what technically was the Demon King's ability to sense malice. What exactly though did Shiori take from him?

tztVLZf.pngh4Dyl6n.pngpN7oXal.png39lig9u.png29tmTv0.png3TSSzuL.pngWtAIou9.png

Something Fa guess right on, his red eyes. If you remember, Shiori's eyes were always blue whenever they opened.

8Z75M4x.pngONai6YS.png2fqcVUs.png8Jeu1Qy.pngNVRNbxE.png

So yeah, Shiori is apparently a royal of Hoikade. No idea how that's possible, but the truth is sure to be out there somewhere. For now, it's time to get down to business.

s7vymdq.png

Route split time! Choosing what route you'll go down will be more than simply one set of chapter for a character. Each one has some different tasks and what she'll be dealing with as their quest goes onwards.

aSGpQqw.pngoV2IW0W.pngd1qm7wF.pngSTNVx9f.pngywS24TG.png1OXvY5N.png

For Fa, she'll be heading to Midbar, but since going through Hoikade would be a death wish right now, the only other option is to go through the criminal filled country of Tartaros. Fa will be dealing with enemies that can inflict various status ailments and her chapter goals will be the standard FE fare (Defeating all, seizing a gate/throne, etc.).

42aRypa.pngZp1Rmez.png5LJlxG7.png

As for Shiori, she's going to Lazulis to convince the king to stop being a stuck up stubborn dingbat and join the cause. She'll be running into enemies that are very powerful, possessing high move & con. Her chapter tasks will be very innovative and take awhile to complete.

That being said, my intention when v2.0 is finally released is to do Fa's route first, then at the inevitable chapter where the two reunite, go down Shiori's route to see how her task goes. Whichever one has the better overall units will be the one I take to the endgame.

Before closing out this update, let's check out a couple quick things.

ZsdBJ0i.pngxazNF3U.pngLu7U6YU.png

If you decide to go down Shiori's route, you'll see her character bio has changed. She also has some new equipment in her inventory, including the Holy Badge (Basically, the Barrier staff in item form with 3 uses to its name). Any equipment she or Hellios had on them at the end of chapter 8 gets automatically sent to storage.

The big boon for Shiori though...when the Demon King took back the malice sensing ability, he also stole 10 levels from her, meaning she can regain those levels and pick up some extra stats in the process.

U7UlkEr.pngxJo4iuM.pnghZfSsEp.pngiEIwhnv.pngwjeYZPQ.png

While storyline content from chapter 9 and onwards hasn't been released yet, you can enter either character's respective chapter 9 destination and get a small summary of what the beginning of their quests will entail.

6wqn2BE.pngUdUweMr.pngcHs7yAD.pngzkhWblg.pngLUROX5T.pngUmNGjsj.pngatssZ1Q.pngJwRG9vA.png

Finally, the Tower of Trials & skirmishes have opened up. The former is much different compared to Valni in vanilla, namely due to the fact you can only enter once per chapter and it costs a fee to enter. This same once per chapter rule applies to skirmishes as well which won't give you too much exp, but will drop some of those materials the voice from chapter 6 mentioned.

Next time...we'll check out these two places in greater detail before putting the LP on hold until v2.0 comes out. Stay tuned!

Here's a quick rundown from a typical skirmish. Hopefully I'll have the screenshots from the first foray into the Tower of Trials up tonight as well.

[spoiler=Interlude Part 3: A Random Skirmish]djzSBdy.png

Not going to toss around a bunch of shots for this since you may get a different place selected for your skirmish fight.

oWCi87R.pngXGWg8a7.pngkpMhN4e.pngVpiYGbq.png4U5bfKe.pngB60KEzY.png

One thing to expect going into skirmishes...the monsters take a notable jump up in combat capabilities. Best to tread carefully no matter where you fight them on the world map.

141Oins.pngJfEGHHE.pngAVbD1yH.pngRCngElj.pngZWYE8u8.png

Skirmishes will not give very much in the way of experience unless your around lv5-9 in your tier 1 class, but the real reason to do them is free rewards, especially forging materials. Doesn't seem like that mechanic will be in until v2.0, but it's nice to get some early ones for the pile.

Also, that Luckos was my boss for the skirmish. Good thing the character I had lure it in was Sae'rah because lordy that's a nasty enemy, especially to low defense/low luck units.

KucbFPK.pngjCqZ1Or.pngVpD9rmV.png7N2YNLN.png0QEPH34.png0zkqGsF.pngDVFh64y.png

Closing out this short update with a level report. Just because the gained exp is low for the most part (Boss kill still gives a large chunk of exp), doesn't mean you can't gain levels here. Everyone managed to get a bunch of useful stats from their levels (especially Letruffe, holy crap).

[spoiler=Interlude Part 4: The First Trial I]EWT9aC9.pngltsT7J2.pngEJqizSz.pngXzFY4gv.png

Welcome to the Tower of Trials. No longer a place where you can just grind your face off until you hit max level, this tower now features trials you can challenge for a price. Only one available right now for 1000 gold, but it's worth it.

lzii0TY.pngzlMrQuK.png

Dang Anna, when did you go get bulked the hell up? She's not the person you talk to on the first floor, but rather that green army Soldier. Do so and you'll move on to the first trial (and get a chance to make your preparations).

Dnv2nOF.pngYKHa8zM.pngq6n7B3A.png3ynmUo5.pngG1x8L7e.pngvEzvUxa.png

T0DmAdP.png

The goal for the first trial is to survive for 23 turns. Quite awhile to survive, eh?

Anyways, the main gimmick are the four bases the Soldier pointed out (Forts in the SW & SE, both sets of stairs in the center). After enough time has passed, a ton of reinforcements will pour out of said bases. However, if you can capture a base (just step on either the fort or the stairs), reinforcements will not come from that area.

As such, the optimal strategy here is to pick one of the bases and camp out there until time is up. The stairs are quick to reach, but as you'll see later, that may not be a good spot to setup your defenses.

I'll be heading for the base in the southwest corner. It has a nice narrow hallway just to its north, allowing me an escape route should things get overwhelming.

dlDpTWR.pngNnIIdRh.pngWTbqBmt.pngI6PYSpZ.pnggAWNWjp.png

Much like the monsters, the human enemies in the Tower of Trials take a notable jump in power. They do cough up much better exp than anything from a skirmish though. Shouldn't be too hard to get any one unit up to lv10-12 with some effort put in.

Also, see that Soldier boxed in on the left there?

bmXgJ6J.pngxwFkGg3.pngnbK6idT.png

Well, look who's itching for a fight. He's got crazy good stats across the board and a couple strong weapons, though only one is going to factor in to anything right now. He also has a passive ability, Renewal, healing him for 1/10th of his maximum hp (so 4 hp) at the start of every enemy phase. Can be annoying, especially paired with Elixir use.

Now, you can defeat him, but there's a catch that he'll warn you about if you or him initiate a battle. If he's defeated, the whole base gimmick spawning strong enemies after a certain turn just gets activated right now. Use your own judgement to determine if springing the trap early is a good idea or not.

sy8Phot.png

Watching enemy damage is critical here. Everything can hit so hard it's easy to lose a unit in 2-3 hits if you're not paying attention. Luckily, Letruffe ORKOs this Mage (he does take a hit though).

M89Qw4C.pngclnZW3i.pngLKJr9HP.pngYVg9gZL.png

Lucky dodges from Djambo & Menmus as they attack some Mages.

p5iwCli.png8LsqXe1.pngIV4EPWK.png6hyLWqk.png

Rya & Garion engage in some Mage killing themselves.

1tfFmSw.pngIngSX47.png

Sae'rah is going to start clearing a path to the north.

sdefHhO.png

The only thing of note during the enemy phase besides the weakened Myrmidon suiciding on Sae'rah.

wxp6fR0.pngxajdlKv.png

Sae'rah & Rya take out an Archer.

6rOr8Pm.png

Healing for Letruffe.

a0JQzbl.png8fi8G8s.png

Two Mercenaries attack Fa on the enemy phase, but get nothing done except for eating a blast of magic in the face.

dfEspwx.pngTcbLYhL.png

Enemies hit hard here, simple as that.

dBlT77n.pngckI8Hd6.png

Menmus & Cattleya take out a Fighter while Rya kills one herself.

iiRUyCT.png

Sae'rah begins work on breaking down a wall.

N3NCZpQ.pngdvLQ4V0.png

Both Mercenaries attacked Fa again. Same end result, but this time both didn't have the hp to withstand the magic assault.

2ZLS3sy.png

Random Mage, whee.

kHlMWUr.pngSEf1OVP.png

Rya breaks down the wall, causing the Mage behind to get killed when Sae'rah attacks her afterwards. She does take a hit though so I'll need Ceapana to heal her up fast.

lbRjqpx.pngMc7WbA5.png

Especially when this happens. Reinforcements in the northwest now.

D09v2iy.png

Lots of enemies here, but see this highlighted Pegasus Knight? She's wielding a Killer Lance.

rv3CQtA.pngcKtM2TA.png

Finishing off some of the last remaining enemies coming from the east grants Djambo a level. More speed!

QTs6LrS.pngeTbx4pV.png

More enemy dispatching. Menmus can't double his target, but nobody can be killed at present so I'm not worried.

HyNHxFM.pngqZwUa89.png

Ceapana heals up Sae'rah, then the only enemy to attack on the enemy phase gets counterattacked & killed by Djambo.

AM8AeTq.pngc1eJJSJ.pngisritbq.png7Ih2Mwz.pngVtyt3nX.png

Next turn's actions for both sides.

3e1coRl.png

Alrighty. Just going to have Sae'rah weaken this Archer, then Rya can deliver the killing blow with her Longbow.

Iu0cwm1.png

You know what, I like this outcome much better. Gotta love them 1% crit chances going off!

EB4eFVv.png

Djambo cuts down the Soldier that attacked Sae'rah on the last enemy phase.

UJhstmS.pngwltrmhk.pngM1VeFMw.png

Female FE units = assholes. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, can disprove this claim (Yes, Letruffe got doubled there).

pxzFDCw.pngsycWf9N.pngXPnOZ56.pngkMmoQG2.png

Previous statement still upheld for one dingbat Myrmidon. Not so much for someone's mount who got spear'd in the face though.

qdMxOXM.png3BbKpJD.png

*Insert Final Fantasy victory music here*

QrMmwMT.png190Umpg.pngjIzjCgE.pngg0yeny4.png

Djambo & Letruffe clean up some more trash. Ceapana tosses another shot of Physic over to Sae'rah.

RcqliZU.png

Keep trying buddy.

u9LqVd5.png

Mage tries to annoy Sae'rah and fails. Also, gaze upon this awesome level and realize she has SEVEN levels of growth left.

VmO35vd.png

Cattleya weakens a Fighter, then I have Fa blow him up just because she can level from this kill.

MPArcUY.png

*Looks up speed growth from v1.2*

*Speed growth is 35%*

35% growth. My. Ass. If that has been unchanged, it means that Fa is at least +6 points ahead of her average at this level.

Fa, please continue to be awesome forever, thank you.

Fsc5k1f.pngEa5oBBl.png

Djambo's doing pretty damn well for himself too right now.

VrXi9EW.png

So much for that nasty weapon when the dingbat is attacking one of my tanky units.

UPyf2jN.pngwldpcXC.png

Good thing I healed Letruffe before this enemy phase. He picks up a largely defensive level from the experience. Quite a bit of defense for a Thief class, isn't it?

Anyways, ending the update here. Rest of the trial run to come soon

Last part of the LP to be posted until v2.0 makes its glorious entry down the road. Enjoy!

[spoiler=Interlude Part 5: The First Trial II]iHgb1QP.pnguRCVHF3.png16zgRFI.png

Just cleaning up a couple more enemies en route to the southwestern base.

astOhwE.png

Oh boy. Had Menmus scout ahead and some fresh reinforcements appeared after ending his turn. He'll be fine once I toss a Physic shot his way though.

GsH5NG3.png

Good thing I healed him, didn't I? That's what two enemies did to him in a single enemy phase.

05DwKiD.pngP0gjUPI.png

Schwarz kills a Mage, then some take & drop magic brings Rya much further forward.

fbJT0u7.png

Nope!

JEqgK4Q.pngwIO6vrq.png

Rya doesn't get a kill, but she does get more magic. Works for me!

KyqfBjn.pngSNP45bQ.pngNLDaac2.pngvdvvSQk.png

Not much enemy resistance left until I reach the southwestern base.

djLh44t.pngImDAYXV.pngfol45QQ.png

One last enemy falls, then a warning comes, stating the powerful reinforcements will be coming very soon.

Mzw0NoI.png

There we go. Not a moment too soon as well because...

4zA7AxM.pngHPUz0kJ.pngCariYMl.pngoyEORil.pngHNrPUtx.png

The reinforcements come in and they will ALL rush you now.

X7FhR23.pngT4X7wx9.pngGnj3Azu.png

Nice strength there magic using class.

ApS5OhW.png

As the turns pass, I find very quickly that I'm going to get overwhelmed if I stay where I am so I begin retreating & healing up.

sOwd0Ka.pngU3cMSLz.png

I guess I'll have Letruffe steal some Elixirs and...wait, I can steal the SIlver Lance? I'm not sure how that's possible, but hell, free weapon. Not complaining there!

1pyMUGB.png

Rescue & fall back everyone!

vdjxyuH.png

Leader man hits hard, that's for damned sure.

UVnn013.png

Pretty good defensive line here. Once I back into the room to the north, I should be able to turtle up and wait out the rest of the turns.

0JG3REG.png

This is roughly around the norm for damage on some of the fresh reinforcements. Good thing I'm retreating because I can't handle that many strong enemies with my current party. Maybe if I had brought all my A-Team members.

jItnCrN.png

Oh how I wish I could just murder you right now, but I can't sadly.

e1DRYBR.png

Clusterfuck III: Revenge of Clusterfuck

57KJadf.png

Anyways, the remainder of my time here was spent walling up and taking pot shots from range at whatever I could. I suppose this level is the closest thing to karmic revenge for all the good levels I picked up here though.

FnCZqkk.pngQ4BcPog.pngFoNZ43d.pngG1nXtwz.png2BQJ9km.pngeCyqWBB.pngqUQRCyr.png

Once time's up, you'll be handed a reward for surviving the ordeal. What is it?

ky4fhpm.pngiAQv0by.png

While it can't be used yet, I want to say this item will eventually let you promote a unit. Oh how I wish I could see what Sae'rah's promotions are now, but it'll have to wait until v2.0.

With that, this screenshot LP will go into hibernation until that version is eventually released. See you then!

When I did this I split my units and took both forts. It was harder getting there, but it made the final wave more manageable and I was able to kill the boss. With how OP your units are it shouldn't have been a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Red this from the prologue till the end, the way you narrate it's quite unique and I like it! Also omg I envy you so much for having such RNG blessed units. My Fa it's at the same level more or less and she has 10 speed only (and even I rigged her some speed in some levels because they were so bad sometimes, ugh)

Oh, I also remember you from your Last Promise Let's Play. Watched some videos of them!