Lolcalization #TorrentialDownpour

IGdood

Honestly the worst thing localization did was put (laughs evilly) as the subtitle text in a cutscene

Who the fuck decided that

Probably the same person behind ''groans of increasing discomfort'' :D:

I always found this whole localisation debacle to be over exaggerated. Things like skinship and Soleil are genuinely things that are not understood in the west and thus its best to localize them thoroughly.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the same person behind ''groans of increasing discomfort'' :D:

I always found this whole localisation debacle to be over exaggerated. Things like skinship and Soleil are genuinely things that are not understood in the west and thus its best to localize them thoroughly.

i have mixed feelings about the two, on one hand, i find the minigames annoying for skinship, I've stopped going to my private quaters after marriage just because i don't wanna risk having to blow her in a non sexual way and then end up out of breath, but at the same time it was harmless.

Soleil i think they did change for the better, but she should've kept her romantic S rank supports, as thats what an S rank is suppose to be.

People are still doing this?

... That's really, really sad. But alright

You'd think the rain would have dried up by now. One has to wonder exactly how much of a "torrent" this "downpour" is.

Even though I was slightly unhappy with some of changes, overall I'm still enjoying the game and do not regret my purchase. No video game is perfect, people have to learn just to enjoy and stop taking so much energy to complain.

I'm just wondering why they decided to go with #torrentialdownpour as the hashtag. Like what does that have to do with Fire Emblem? When I saw the hashtag on twitter, I thought it was about the weather or something.

I'm just wondering why they decided to go with #torrentialdownpour as the hashtag. Like what does that have to do with Fire Emblem? When I saw the hashtag on twitter, I thought it was about the weather or something.

i'm assuming its because of aqua/azula.

which is amusing because she's one of the worst part of fates's story, its kinda fitting really.

i'm assuming its because of aqua/azula.

which is amusing because she's one of the worst part of fates's story, its kinda fitting really.

I'm like, at least 7 sure it's due to - dangit I love/hate how this site shows me how I've been ninja'd in real-time.

Anyway, I hate a lot of what they've done with the localization (Skinship, swimsuits, Kana not even wearing a bath towel, Saizo X Beruka, no Cipher units.... etc), but it's a bit too late to do anything about it at this point. The conversations that weren't drastically changed were localized well, for the most part - that much is good.

Just remember though, that removing content from FE games in the west is far from a new thing. It's a trend at Treehouse/NoA over a decade strong. They did it for PoR and RD, too. At this point, i'm of the mindset of "Might as well enjoy it at this point", but in the future I'd not wave off such movements, as they represent pretty much the only slight chance that might exist of getting them to not do this to the next game for once.

Honestly the only things that bother me about the localization are mainly the tone in some parts and how some of the characters were apparently changed for the worse (like Hinata's son, Effie, and Rhajat), so fairly minor things that still annoy me but I can deal with. But most of the complaints people rally around seem to be about fanservice which I just can't give a shit about.

Even if the game got toned down to the point where there are things that aren't fun anymore, the game still has content to enjoy. Games don't have to be perfect to be fun, otherwise the expectations on any following games in the series would be stupidly high and sooner or later the designers wouldn't have any good ideas for who-knows-how-long as they would burn out of good ideas for their games. Sometimes changes need to be made to prevent outbreaks that could make things worse then they are.

Honestly the only things that bother me about the localization are mainly the tone in some parts and how some of the characters were apparently changed for the worse (like Hinata's son, Effie, and Rhajat), so fairly minor things that still annoy me but I can deal with. But most of the complaints people rally around seem to be about fanservice which I just can't give a shit about.

Apparently the fanservice in Private Quarters is one of the issues and to me, that is one thing that I could never really ever care about. Changes to characters on how the behave can be ok or be bad, some of the voice acting isn't as good as the original (JP VAs for Xander and Ryoma were awesome while their NA VAs are ok). If the localization had resulted in changes to the actual storyline, then yeah, the games might end up far from being good.

I find it funny because usually, boycotting the game sends the message that "We don't want any more of this game."

Which destroys chances of stuff getting localized.

And then people complain when the stuff doesn't get localized.

It's a vicious cycle.

Torrential Downpour? More like Silly Salinization.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Why did you bring this back? This topic didn't need to back.

Anyway more on the topic itself, I'm going to add my worthless opinion on this, if no one minds.

Okay, I agree with a lot of what TorrentialDownpour has pointed out (the valid ones, anyway). I think they do bring up some valid points and yes, I do know that most of it is usually presented in such a negative way but I think it makes sense. Sometimes if you want something to be noticed, you do something that makes people notice it and sometimes it can be negative.

In honestly, I think both sides are kinda negative about this topic. I think there are some valid points on both sides but at the end of the day, who cares.

(I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm just tired of this topic but I wanted to say something just so I can get it off my chest.)

Edited by December Knight

I find it funny because usually, boycotting the game sends the message that "We don't want any more of this game."

Which destroys chances of stuff getting localized.

And then people complain when the stuff doesn't get localized.

It's a vicious cycle.

Torrential Downpour? More like Silly Salinization.

Nah, it's more like Hypertension.

That is one of the funniest and most practical causes for why this thread began.

LOL

Now seriosly, people just have to grow and learn that's not everything in life will be the way we want.

It's simple really.

Nah, it's more like Hypertension.

LOL

Now seriosly, people just have to grow and learn that's not everything in life will be the way we want.

It's simple really.

Very true words. Only problem is...due to the human nature, we will at some point want things to go our way and if that doesn't happen, arguments like these sprout and become what they are since we didn't get what we desired.

I made that comment because this thread seemed so gloomy and I wanted to be a bit comical to a funny response while remaining serious.

Except that was a positive pleading and attitude rather than negative outcries.

actually it kinda makes even more sense from that viewpoint

a downpour is loud and obnoxious and makes no one happy

To me, boycotting a game because of some "silly" localization changes is a sign that other games based on that franchise won't be released (ex: boycotting Fates for localization choices is a sign to Nintendo not to release any more Fire Emblem games overseas).

Granted, Treehouse did some questionable changes, but I didn't let that impact whether or not I got Fates.

I joined this community 2 days before fates was announced, those 2 days were some of the nicest times I had here

anyways I'm pretty much done complaining about all of the changes,

what's done is done and there's nothing we can really do

and no Lucina, you can't change fate, you just created a time paradox

Oh what a load of rubbish. Angry weebs salty about localization is just exhausting and stupid. Its time for them to grow the fuck up.

A friend of mine from another forum who is deaf really appreciated the fact that they subtitled the vocal effects in cutscenes.

I figured this was the reason why those subtitles are like that so i had no issue with them. What im wondering, is why when i try to turn them off, they do not turn off.

Do people want everything to be point for point accurate? When books are made into films do people boycott them because they changed around a few scenes? If earlier video games were point to point accurate we wouldn't have received wonderful lines like "spoony bard" from FF4.

Edited by Majestic Paladin

The fact that this topic hasn't died yet disappoints me greatly...

At least we know now that the vast majority of this website thinks #TorrentialDownpour is stupid. The thread will die sooner or later