Character comparisons (conquest)

thejayeagle

Tell me out of the following groups who you like more. Judge by stats, personality and design.

Corrin(m) vs Kana(m) vs Corrin(f) vs Kana(f)

Felicia vs Flora vs Jakob

Elise vs Izana vs Forrest vs Dwyer

Arthur vs Charlotte

Percy vs Beruka vs Camilla vs Shigure (Shigure is in this group as there is no other default pegasus knight in conquest)

Xander vs Peri vs Silas vs Sophie vs Siegbert vs Gunter

Effie vs Benny vs Ignatius

Lazlow(Inigo) vs Selena(Severa) vs Soliel

Niles vs Nina vs Mozu (Mozu is in this group as there is no other natural villager, and so I put her in the archer line)

Odin(Owain) vs Ophelia vs Nyx vs Leo

Kaze vs Midori

Velouria vs Keaton

Thoughts on Azura?

Edited by thejayeagle

Arthur vs Charlotte

Percy vs Beruka vs Camilla vs Shigure (Shigure is in this group as there is no other default pegasus knight in conquest)

Lazlow(Inigo) vs Selena(Severa) vs Soliel

Niles vs Nina vs Mozu (Mozu is in this group as there is no other natural villager, and so I put her in the archer line)

Odin(Owain) vs Ophelia

Kaze vs Midori

Velouria vs Keaton

Thoughts on Azura?

Azura has fantastic supports and a great amount of characterization. She's stoic and distant, yes, but that's because she has trust issues and fears opening up to people, only to get rejected or be let down. Her supports with her sisters and Corrin are top-notch because you get to see this usually-cold woman open up and relax, revealing herself to be a bit mischievous, such as trolling Sakura with ghost stories. She's blunt and snarky, and that in combination with aforementioned trust issues means she doesn't have good social skills, which means people usually avoid or distrust her, which means it's even harder for her to open up to them--that's the reason behind her mysteriousness. It's a vicious cycle she can't escape from, a brutal deconstruction of mystery making someone appealing, and it all stems from her traumatized past in the Nohr courts. It's also implied she has self-worth issues, just seeing herself as a replacement for Corrin in regards to his Hoshidan family. And despite all this, despite everything she's been through and all her issues and how cynical and melancholy she can be, she doesn't let it stop her from being nice or trying to help people. She's one of the most fleshed-out, non-gimmicky characters in the game.

Onto other things: her design is gorgeous, her voice acting and singing are excellent, and refreshers are almost always (sorry Olivia) useful. Her role in Conquest sucks, but as everyone involved in Conquest's plot sucks, to the point of acting out-of-character, I tend to blame the shoddy writing and not hold it against them as a whole. She shines much more in Birthright, getting more time dedicated to her friendship with Corrin, her relationship with the Hoshidan siblings, and how her powers affect her. Even in Revelation, where she's unfortunately reduced to exposition dump, she still has her share of touching moments, such as the aftermaths of Chapters 22 and 23.

Basically: Azura is one of my favorite characters ever.

Edited by Abvora

OP, I think you might have missed Leon and Nyx.

Reason: I like Female Corrin's design (barring the ridiculous thigh holes). I don't like like either of the Kanas but male Kanna wins because I don't like Female Kanna's hair.

Reason: Her design and backstory.

Reason: She is such a sweet character and I like her pigtails.

Arthur vs Charlotte

Reason: That awesome face.

Reason: Fanservice Once you figure out what happened to her as a child, she became sympathetic in my eyes.

Reason: This is a hard one...I like all of them with the exception of Peri. Xander for being the cool big bro I never had.

Reason: Effie is dull. Know nothing about Ignatius so Benny it is.

Lazlow(Inigo) vs Selena(Severa) vs Soleil

I hate tsundere characters in video games. Lazlow because I thought his supports very well done.

Uh...Mozu? IDK, I really don't like any of them.

Odin(Owain) vs Ophelia vs Leon vs Nyx

He's a cool sibling. His self-esteem issues are understandable. Nyx is a close second though.

Kaze vs Midori

Same reason for Soleil vs Lazlow

Velouria vs Keaton

Same reason for Soieil vs Lazlow

Thoughts on Azura?

I like her song and design. I really can't speak for what she's like in game since I've never played it...