Playing Conquest.

Kaze-Kaze

Female avatar is preferred since you get Jakob early in the game and he can reclass into Great Knight or Paladin should you get a Heart Seal which means that you can get a mobile tank for around the first of the game at least.

Do the female avatar and Xander make a good couple? Or would it weird of her marrying her brother? Also as a male would Azura be the ideal marriage option?

Whether or not two units make a good couple is up to you. Plus remember that you don't share blood with Xander. And you can marry whoever you want, the only problem is being male Corrin makes getting every child very difficult.

Na camilla is totally worth some random asshole like lazlows kid not being born

Except doing that makes you miss out on one of the best kids.

Wow that really pushes you towards the female.

Personally, I don't really care about that since there are, like, next to no dudes who get my attention (Admittedly, I haven't played the game very much, so that might change once I do).

That said, I prefer male.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Note that if you want to really make your life easier, you could spend extra bucks for the Weapons, Gold, and EXP DLC. That being said, I've heard many people who manage to complete Conquest without any of those DLC.

Also, don't be afraid to use the already promoted siblings (Camilia, Xander, Leo). Unlike most already promoted characters in the previous Fire Emblem games, they are incredibly strong (fit more into the Oifey archetype where they start out already promoted, but still remain relevant lategame).

Note that if you want to really make your life easier, you could spend extra bucks for the Weapons, Gold, and EXP DLC. That being said, I've heard many people who manage to complete Conquest without any of those DLC.

Also, don't be afraid to use the already promoted siblings (Camilia, Xander, Leo). Unlike most already promoted characters in the previous Fire Emblem games, they are incredibly strong (fit more into the Oifey archetype where they start out already promoted, but still remain relevant lategame).

Thanks for the advice I have already purchased Map packs 1 for the DLC.