Arena Caution

Karis

If you're like me, you like getting characters to Level 99. Which is great... until you get into Arena and fight Level 99 enemies.

c833aca77d4ecf1cedc33e58d3d4fa03.png

So be careful when maxing characters.

If you're like me, you like getting characters to Level 99. Which is great... until you get into Arena and fight Level 99 enemies.

c833aca77d4ecf1cedc33e58d3d4fa03.png

So be careful when maxing characters.

Yeah, I found out that the hard way... Out of curiousity, does the arena use your highest level and lowest level characters in your current team roster to determine the levels of the enemies? Or is it just your two combatants that determine their level and stats?

Yeah, I found out that the hard way... Out of curiousity, does the arena use your highest level and lowest level characters in your current team roster to determine the levels of the enemies? Or is it just your two combatants that determine their level and stats?

Pretty certain it's the latter, as my underleveled Niles and Azura face fair foes in the arena

It only counts the 1-2 inside the Arena. Also to note if you do the reverse of what I did and put the Level 99 as Support, the enemy's support will be Level 99 instead and can OHKO your other unit.

It only counts the 1-2 inside the Arena. Also to note if you do the reverse of what I did and put the Level 99 as Support, the enemy's support will be Level 99 instead and can OHKO your other unit.

Guess the designers made a way to prevent one of their minigames in Fates from becoming too broken, but it still sounds broken to me.

Wary Fighter FTW.

I don't know if skills are actually active even if equipped in the arena...because regardless, your support ally both attacks with you and protects you. The same goes for the enemy.

Guess the designers made a way to prevent one of their minigames in Fates from becoming too broken, but it still sounds broken to me.

I don't know if skills are actually active even if equipped in the arena...because regardless, your support ally both attacks with you and protects you. The same goes for the enemy.

Offensive skills still work in the arena. I've had Rend Heaven and Dragon Fang activate in arena battles.

Offensive skills still work in the arena. I've had Rend Heaven and Dragon Fang activate in arena battles.

Ok, but I'm guessing that some skills are inactive even if they are equipped, aka Wary Fighter since the tag battle in the arena wouldn't exist then since NPCs can have who-knows-what-skills equipped.

Haha, love the return of the cap-breaking enemies (I'm assuming they're breaking caps to double your maxed characters).

Hopefully you have some weak units around at least... Even in a "complete" playthrough, I'd leave some unlikable characters untrained or at a low Level.

Haha, love the return of the cap-breaking enemies (I'm assuming they're breaking caps to double your maxed characters).

Hopefully you have some weak units around at least... Even in a "complete" playthrough, I'd leave some unlikable characters untrained or at a low Level.

I'm hoping that wasn't completely serious...if enemies had double your stats, completing round 2 would be a nightmare, if not round 1. Weak unit battle royal, until one puts an overleveled unit as the main attacker or supporter then things go downhill...

I only have the one Level 99 MU. Selena is my Arena winner in most cases. The biggest problem with this is going to be leveling my units to max their stats will push their level pretty high. My MU didn't hit max in everything until Level 81, but I could've just been unlucky.

I only have the one Level 99 MU. Selena is my Arena winner in most cases. The biggest problem with this is going to be leveling my units to max their stats will push their level pretty high. My MU didn't hit max in everything until Level 81, but I could've just been unlucky.

On my prior Birthright (Hard/Classic) run I messed up (to which I promptly soft-reset) once, had a Lvl 55 ally supporting a Lvl 30 main attacker, both of them had some max stats (defense and resistance are still low as which I have about low chances capping them). Cleared round 1 and once I saw the damage on round 2, I knew I had screwed up.