"Idle" Battle Animations Called When?

Eliwan

In Feditor Adv.'s "doc\Battle Animations\0x85 Command Usage.txt"; there are 12 "parts" or "modes" or "animations"; 9/10/11 are labelled {Standing "animation"}, {Standing "animation" 2}, and {Ranged standing "animation"} respectively.

I am almost certain that animation 9 plays when in 1-1 range, and 11 in 2-3 range... but then when does 10 play, and how long can it be?

I had no luck figuring it out in the past and now that I'm planning an animation I can't get Feditor to work* and thus can't brute-force the test myself.

My gut instinct is that standing 2 is played during 4+ range animations; but I thought it'd be best to ask. (but then again, why would it not be sorted 1/2-3/4+; in ascending order???)

*though I'm pretty sure I know how to fix it I won't actually be able to test the fix for a few days, hence topic.

Edited by Eliwan

You are not telling us what is exactly your issue and what you want to do, do you want a transforming animation? I could give you some advice and a template, if you are having issues with Feditor, then i guess you are trying to code all modes, you must not code mode 2 and 4, if you do, your animations gets borked, if you do transforming standing animations you can use up to 40 frames, according to circleseverywhere.

You are not telling us what is exactly your issue

that is because I do not have an issue to solve, I have a more general question.

and what you want to do,

That is because I do not have a specific thing in mind, I have a set of things that are under consideration.

do you want a transforming animation?

no

i mean, you can use these animation sections to create transformations.

But you can also use them for pre-combat flourishes or alternate appearing effects...

I could give you some advice and a template, if you are having issues with Feditor,

advice is good

a bombastic template is literally in the feditor doc folder

then i guess you are trying to code all modes,

I don't have a script written; had I had a script written I would have been likely to paste the animation mode that doesn't work (or just upload a zip of the entire animation).

you must not code mode 2 and 4, if you do, your animations gets borked,

yes, the doc says this

ps: i'm trying to run feditor itself and it doesn't run. I said this in the first post: "I can't get Feditor to work". Not "I can't get feditor to work with an animation". I admit it is vague, though.

if you do transforming standing animations you can use up to 40 frames, according to circleseverywhere.

but which animation mode is that and is it specific to FE6/8?

Because in FE7 from what I know there isn't the "transformation" that the Manaketes/Mamkutes use to load additional battle sheets.

also quote "0x85 Command Usage.txt"

Can have more than one frame - they actually play, too!

Must have at LEAST one frame, or the game will crash, though

These get to play about the first 16 frames of the animation before they are interrupted

40 != 16 so I am now more confused than when I started and am curious

what is the difference between a "transformation standing animation" and the "Standing animations"?

Edited by Eliwan

I've done quite a bit of research into this topic:

Mode 9 plays at 1 range, Mode 11 plays at 2+ range. I haven't been able to find when Mode 10 plays, if ever.

For standing animations, the default behaviour is to loop constantly whenever no other animation is playing.

However, if you remove the C01 and all other C commands then it will only play once at the beginning of the battle (and a few other annoying times, but there is a workaround).

This is what we mean by pre-battle animations. I've taken advantage of pre-battle animations to make Manakete transformations for FE7, because as you know the FE6/8 method won't work.

Now, if you want to use pre-battle ('transformation') animations, you will need to put extra idle frames throughout your animation (before the dodge, after the attack, etc) to prevent the animation playing mid-battle, which is why marlon suggested a template - not the one included with FEditor! If you just want an standing animation that plays constantly, don't worry about this.

As for the duration of these animations, the doc says 16 frames to be safe, but you can get away with up to 40 frames.