Recollection of Bubbles

I am super hype for this. I guess we could use this thread for some speculation right now, then discuss the actual gameplay when it comes out in here as well.

For those that don't know, 6 DLC maps, collectively called "Recollection of Bubbles", is coming out later this month for Fire Emblem if. The maps focus on the children characters, similar to the The Future Past set from Awakening.

The Deeprealms came under attack, but unlike in the main timeline, the parents failed to stop the assault, and lost their lives in the process (one of the alternate timelines from you resetting the game lmao). Some children managed to escape from the massacre, but now face a seemingly endless battle. It's kind of like the situation for the Awakening kids (even though Severa and co. promised to not let it happen again...).

I'm really interested in seeing how the kids fight their loneliness, harden up, and come out on top (or don't). It feels like material for a whole new game, but unfortunately we're just getting six maps. What would you guys like to see in these maps?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am super hype for this. I guess we could use this thread for some speculation right now, then discuss the actual gameplay when it comes out in here as well.

For those that don't know, 6 DLC maps, collectively called "Recollection of Bubbles", is coming out later this month for Fire Emblem if. The maps focus on the children characters, similar to the The Future Past set from Awakening.

The Deeprealms came under attack, but unlike in the main timeline, the parents failed to stop the assault, and lost their lives in the process (one of the alternate timelines from you resetting the game lmao). Some children managed to escape from the massacre, but now face a seemingly endless battle. It's kind of like the situation for the Awakening kids (even though Severa and co. promised to not let it happen again...).

I'm really interested in seeing how the kids fight their loneliness, harden up, and come out on top (or don't). It feels like material for a whole new game, but unfortunately we're just getting six maps. What would you guys like to see in these maps?

Very interesting to expect, translations in NA have the DLC read as 'Memories of Foam'. I live in NA so I don't know what to say really.

Most of it is the same but I would think all the children survive, not just most. As all the children in Awakening are present in the Future Past DLC combined (including Morgan who are enemies), I would expect that all the children in Fates are alive and playable in the upcoming DLC if not some could be enemies. All the parents are dead (basically all the non-children [this doesn't take children parents of Kana into account]) and the implications are indeed bleak for hope as huge swarms of Invaders and Faceless rush at the children and their allies. Will the children survive the onslaught? Only the upcoming DLC can reveal that.

Possibly locations where each of the parents died in battle in the ruined alternate timeline is one of the things I'm looking forward to at the moment since it would help give ideas on where the fights take place.

I would guess that at least the first fight would be in Kana's village, judging from the screenshot shown in the teaser.

I'm guessing it would play kind of like a mini FE game, where you start with only Kana and maybe one or two other children, then get more allies you progress through the six maps.

I would guess that at least the first fight would be in Kana's village, judging from the screenshot shown in the teaser.

I'm guessing it would play kind of like a mini FE game, where you start with only Kana and maybe one or two other children, then get more allies you progress through the six maps.

Well, the teaser showing Female Kanna had her with Selki and Mitama as well as one other child unit. And that map was more or less the one shown in the chapter after you get Ryoma. Also, if the DLC screwed up the weapon-locked priority rule since Female Kanna is using Yato in the teaser trailer and picture.

Also Siegbert/Shiro get their father's weapons as well. How Shiro will use Rajinto as a lancer is beyond me but whatever.

Im more curious if your pairings will affect anything other than hair color.

Well, the teaser showing Female Kanna had her with Selki and Mitama as well as one other child unit. And that map was more or less the one shown in the chapter after you get Ryoma. Also, if the DLC screwed up the weapon-locked priority rule since Female Kanna is using Yato in the teaser trailer and picture.

Huh, I actually haven't seen that one yet. That's really interesting. I wonder if they'll be able to get the Omega Yato.

Is the chapter you're referring to the one in Revelation?

Also Siegbert/Shiro get their father's weapons as well. How Shiro will use Rajinto as a lancer is beyond me but whatever.

Maybe he'll just keep it in his inventory, or actually become a Weapon Master lol?

Huh, I actually haven't seen that one yet. That's really interesting. I wonder if they'll be able to get the Omega Yato.

Maybe he'll just keep it in his inventory, or actually become a Weapon Master lol?

I'll speak to both of you like this. No, the teaser trailer shows Female Kana (most likely the one you'll be using) holding Yato before it gets upgraded at all. I don't think so, as I said somewhere, the maps where the DLC Chapters take place have yet to be revealed, the teaser trailer revealing Female Kana appears to be the one in Birthright (mostly) on Chapter 14. Looking at the teaser trailer (again the one with Female Kana is the only one with live-action going on with them moving/attacking), all the children appear to be in their pre-promoted classes.

We don't know yet outside of any videos being used to promote the DLC or until said DLC chapters are released in our respective regions. Might happen but then again out of those two (Shiro and Siegbert), only Siegbert would be able to use his father's blade. Since 'Memories of Foam' aka 'Recollection of Bubbles' takes place where the children are the only survivors (most likely) due to the parents being all dead (which is basically all non-children), and that the only trailer shown shows some of the children, they (the children again) appear to have their main parent's hair color to avoid spoiling the possible other parent that each child could have had. Ex. Shirou and Siegbert have their respective father's hair color.

Also, since the only usable units are the children, I'm also curious about the pairing results but then again who knows what will happen yet.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Or get reclassed to Samurai. I mean, if the plot of the DLC wouldn't be above making Shigure the refresher...

However, Raijinto could easily be remade into a naginata. Although stuff that I've read is kinda the opposite: I mean, usually, when a naginata got busted, you'd remake it into a katana/tanto/wakizashi/whatever with what's left of the blade.

Edited by FluffyWarlock

Or get reclassed to Samurai. I mean, if the plot of the DLC wouldn't be above making Shigure the refresher...

However, Raijinto could easily be remade into a naginata. Although stuff that I've read is kinda the opposite: I mean, usually, when a naginata got busted, you'd remake it into a katana/tanto/wakizashi/whatever with what's left of the blade.

Or you could use the lightning element that makes Raijinto unique into a lance that Shiro can possibly use. Impaled with a shocking experience will not be fun on the business end.

I feel... torn by this.

On one side: More DLC as backstory.

On the other: You're reducing the children to how veterans saw them in the first place: A shoehorned fanservice feature for people who loved Awakening.

Their very existence was already that... now we're getting a Future of Despair/Future Past rehash?

At least you get to ignore your main party and play AS the children this time.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I feel... torn by this.

On the other: You're reducing the children to how veterans saw them in the first place: A shoehorned fanservice feature for people who loved Awakening.

Their very existence was already that... now we're getting a Future of Despair/Future Past rehash?

Um...do we know how eachother felt about the children in Fates or Awakening at all as well as how people viewed them as? I don't think we can probe that deep into the minds of other people.

Not really, Awakening had Robin who fell completely to Grima's control kill Chrom in the ruined future. All the other parents were detailed to have gone off into combat only to get killed or to die due to unknown sicknesses, or to die to save their children. There is a lot more information in Awakening to regard that part.

In Fates, it can be said that the parents might have died in front of their children and that some of the children fled to find each other to survive.

Yes, play as the children in their pre-promoted forms with their base stats that aren't affected by their deceased parent's stat modifiers. Also, since the parents are now dead, and if Fates diverges from giving these children inherited skills, Fates' Children are going to be running off of their default skills and stats they would have if you didn't have anyone get married. So basically, DLC with a harder standard than Awakening's Future Past.

Um...do we know how eachother felt about the children in Fates or Awakening at all as well as how people viewed them as? I don't think we can probe that deep into the minds of other people.

I am not saying you specifically think that, but the deeprealms element was generally regarded by people as "oh whatever, let me have my child".

The justification of the existence of the children causes a lot of "huh?" reactions.

Gameplay-wise, I'm excited. Storywise, there is as much of a disconnect for me personally as taking Kamui seriously as a "self-insert". The Future Past had a reason to be there because that timeline had relevance to how things were playing out in the main story.

This DLC is a literal shout out to Awakening's DLC concept, despite the major differences in context. I am not saying it's the same. The feel of it is, and that is what grinds my gears considering how the children's existing was justified in the first place.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'll speak to both of you like this. No, the teaser trailer shows Female Kana (most likely the one you'll be using) holding Yato before it gets upgraded at all. I don't think so, as I said somewhere, the maps where the DLC Chapters take place have yet to be revealed, the teaser trailer revealing Female Kana appears to be the one in Birthright (mostly) on Chapter 14. Looking at the teaser trailer (again the one with Female Kana is the only one with live-action going on with them moving/attacking), all the children appear to be in their pre-promoted classes.

We don't know yet outside of any videos being used to promote the DLC or until said DLC chapters are released in our respective regions. Might happen but then again out of those two (Shiro and Siegbert), only Siegbert would be able to use his father's blade. Since 'Memories of Foam' aka 'Recollection of Bubbles' takes place where the children are the only survivors (most likely) due to the parents being all dead (which is basically all non-children), and that the only trailer shown shows some of the children, they (the children again) appear to have their main parent's hair color to avoid spoiling the possible other parent that each child could have had. Ex. Shirou and Siegbert have their respective father's hair color.

Also, since the only usable units are the children, I'm also curious about the pairing results but then again who knows what will happen yet.

I was referring to later in the story; like, if you manage to save all of the children, Kanna will be able to awaken the Omega Yato in the sixth and final map.

I suppose everyone's hair colors are reset to defaults because it's an alternate universe/timeline.

Even if a sacred katana could be reforged into a naginata, I don't think Shiro would have access to the equipment needed to do so. He's gonna have to man up and learn how to use a sword lol.

I feel... torn by this.

Well, for me, it doesn't really matter what those people think. If they don't like the children, then they don't have to buy the DLC. Meanwhile, I get to enjoy six fun and challenging maps that I can't cheese using my main game units. There's no denying that the children are shoehorned in, with no impact to the plot and provide EXP sources that cause you to get overleveled. How much a person enjoys a game mechanic totally depends on their perspective.

I'm interested in whether or not we'll get to see a part of the children that we normally can't (or don't have to). A lot of the kids are pretty wacky and mostly carefree this time, unlike in Awakening, where despite their different attitudes, all of the children shared the same trauma. I suppose it's the inverse of Awakening in this way.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I am not saying you specifically think that, but the deeprealms element was generally regarded by people as "oh whatever, let me have my child".

The existence of the children causes a lot of "huh?" reactions.

Gameplay-wise, I'm excited. Storywise, there is as much of a disconnect for me personally as taking Kamui seriously as a "self-insert". The Future Past had a reason to be there because that timeline had relevance to how things were playing out in the main story.

This DLC is a literal shout out to Awakening's DLC concept, despite the major differences in context. I am not saying it's the same. The feel of it is, and that is what grinds my gears considering how the children's existing was justified in the first place.

Ok, that makes sense, but the Deep Realms are kind of bland.

Yes, there are a lot of people on forums (including myself) that say that the children in Fates causes confusion on why they even exist (the reasons for said questions changes by each person).

The DLC more or less likely shows what could have happened if the parents had said 'no' to their children's pleas to join them in their respective paralogues. But the results are like you said, resembles Future Past from Awakening's DLC with the only fact that you can only use the children of that alternative ruined timeline and no one else.

I was referring to later in the story; like, if you manage to save all of the children, Kanna will be able to awaken the Omega Yato in the sixth and final map.

I suppose everyone's hair colors are reset to defaults because it's an alternate universe/timeline.

Even if a sacred katana could be reforged into a naginata, I don't think Shiro would have access to the equipment needed to do so. He's gonna have to man up and learn how to use a sword lol.

Well, for me, it doesn't really matter what those people think. If they don't like the children, then they don't have to buy the DLC. Meanwhile, I get to enjoy six fun and challenging maps that I can't cheese using my main game units. There's no denying that the children are shoehorned in, with no impact to the plot and provide EXP sources that causes you to get overleveled. How much a person enjoys a game mechanic totally depends on their perspective.

I'm interested in whether or not we'll get to see a part of the children that we normally can't (or don't have to). A lot of the kids are pretty wacky and mostly carefree this time, unlike in Awakening, where despite their different attitudes, all of the children shared the same trauma. I suppose it's the inverse of Awakening in this way.

We'll never know what happens or what could happen until we try the DLC ourselves.

Well, the default hair color could be used like that that and to avoid showing who could be the possible other parent of said child. Just like how Severa, Inigo and Owain had their hair color set to their main parent's hair color to avoid showing who their other parent was in Fates.

Lol, Shiro needs to man up. He's quite restless just like his father, not wanting to stay put and wait all the time. It's more of, 'you need to learn how to use the weapon before you try to run it down through someone.

Well, some are rather emotional or quiet compared to the rest (Fates' Children).

Edited by Emblem Blade

Ok, that makes sense, but the Deep Realms are kind of bland.

Yes, there are a lot of people on forums (including myself) that say that the children in Fates causes confusion on why they even exist (the reasons for said questions changes by each person).

The DLC more or less likely shows what could have happened if the parents had said 'no' to their children's pleas to join them in their respective paralogues. But the results are like you said, resembles Future Past from Awakening's DLC with the only fact that you can only use the children of that alternative ruined timeline and no one else.

We'll never know what happens or what could happen until we try the DLC ourselves.

Well, the default hair color could be used like that that and to avoid showing who could be the possible other parent of said child. Just like how Severa, Inigo and Owain had their hair color set to their main parent's hair color to avoid showing who their other parent was in Fates.

Lol, Shiro needs to man up. He's quite restless just like his father, not wanting to stay put and wait all the time. It's more of, 'you need to learn how to use the weapon before you try to run it down through someone.

Well, some are rather emotional or quiet compared to the rest (Fates' Children).

Am I the only one who thinks the default hair colors are just placeholders in case you don't get the child, and they'll have their mom's (dad in M!Kana's case) hair if you do? Like how Severa would have red hair in Future Past if you hadn't married Cordelia off, but would get her dad's hair as soon as you did.

I'm also hoping they'll acknowledge sibling relationships, buuuuuuuuut that might be setting my sights too high.

Am I the only one who thinks the default hair colors are just placeholders in case you don't get the child, and they'll have their mom's (dad in M!Kana's case) hair if you do? Like how Severa would have red hair in Future Past if you hadn't married Cordelia off, but would get her dad's hair as soon as you did.

I'm also hoping they'll acknowledge sibling relationships, buuuuuuuuut that might be setting my sights too high.

From what this thread has been showing, we all have our sights for the DLC set very high. It's not just you. Have to wait for a long time for the DLC to be released (more so over here in NA for many of us).

I wonder if both Kanas will have a role in this DLC. Considering how both Morgans appeared in the Future Past, I think it's possible.

It's also not likely to happen, but I hope beating this DLC will unlock the ability for the children to use their parents' signature weapons or at least replicas of them (like the Amiibo weapon replicas).

I wonder if both Kanas will have a role in this DLC. Considering how both Morgans appeared in the Future Past, I think it's possible.

It's also not likely to happen, but I hope beating this DLC will unlock the ability for the children to use their parents' signature weapons or at least replicas of them (like the Amiibo weapon replicas).

Female Kana is already confirmed to be in one of the DLC Chapters due to the trailer most likely, she'll also comes with base form Yato equipped. Again, we can only hope that some of our ideas actually happen, we have no control over the designers of the game.

Female Kana is already confirmed to be in one of the DLC Chapters due to the trailer most likely, she'll also comes with base form Yato equipped. Again, we can only hope that some of our ideas actually happen, we have no control over the designers of the game.

We know we have no control, we're just discussing what we would like to see.

I wonder if we'll get male Kanna instead if we play as female Corrin?

If what we heard was correct...6 DLC Maps for Memories of Foam. There are about 13 children characters, 14 if you see Kana as two beings not one. Male Kana could easily be included on any of those 6 maps.