Recollection of Bubbles

On some level yes, which is why I am not saying it makes zero sense, but it still feels out of place to me. Fates did not directly deal with timeline hopping and time travel. Plus my statements were also in regards to the brouder issues of 2ed gens being shoehorned into Fates and such.

I always assumed that the goal (or at least Naga's goal in sending the kids back if they themselves didn't know how time travel worked) was that their timeline was Fed anyways and they might as well ensure there is at least one timeline out there were everyone doesn't die. Yeah the Naga thing is a plothole, but in the end I was talking more in a thematic sense. Future Past felt right, and thus I can more easily ignore the couple of inconsitancies. This DLC feels like the writers went "well future past was popular, but shoehorn a version of it into Fates)

I mean, I am also super biased since the aforementioned theory/implication that FP is a failed version of the game's timeline and where Morgan was interesting to me enough to write a whole damn fanfiction about it.

Also

but didn't they just kill failed Revelations timeline Anankos? Like, wouldn't he be around in their timelines? Plus it's not even the player's version of Birthright/Conquest.

That we could agree on herr Werd, the second generation was indeed shoehorned in for sales. I honestly didn't like the idea when I first heard about it, and it turned out bad as well. Though on the same part FE13 and 14's plot were well bad to say the least as a whole

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On some level yes, which is why I am not saying it makes zero sense, but it still feels out of place to me. Fates did not directly deal with timeline hopping and time travel. Plus my statements were also in regards to the brouder issues of 2ed gens being shoehorned into Fates and such.

I always assumed that the goal (or at least Naga's goal in sending the kids back if they themselves didn't know how time travel worked) was that their timeline was Fed anyways and they might as well ensure there is at least one timeline out there were everyone doesn't die. Yeah the Naga thing is a plothole, but in the end I was talking more in a thematic sense. Future Past felt right, and thus I can more easily ignore the couple of inconsitancies. This DLC feels like the writers went "well future past was popular, but shoehorn a version of it into Fates)

I mean, I am also super biased since the aforementioned theory/implication that FP is a failed version of the game's timeline and where Morgan was interesting to me enough to write a whole damn fanfiction about it.

Also

but didn't they just kill failed Revelations timeline Anankos? Like, wouldn't he be around in their timelines? Plus it's not even the player's version of Birthright/Conquest.

Ah you mean with the second gen themselves. Yes I'm not a fan of how they implemented it, but I didn't realize that was what you were talking about or else I would have brought it up. Sorry about that.

The Anankos in this Failed Revelations is weird because he doesn't have one heart, but numerous ones floating in the battle, and Anankos himself has already been known to have the ability to hop between worlds, something Grima couldn't do. Grima couldn't time travel by himself either and had to piggy back on a portal made by Naga. Plus I can't say for sure but it looks like he's possessing the Heart!Anankos seen in Invisible History/Hidden Truths who is the final enemy to beat.

Edited by JupiterKnight

Ah you mean with the second gen themselves. Yes I'm not a fan of how they implemented it, but I didn't realize that was what you were talking about or else I would have brought it up. Sorry about that.

The Anankos in this Failed Revelations is weird because he doesn't have one heart, but numerous ones floating in the battle, and Anankos himself has already been known to have the ability to hop between worlds, something Grima couldn't do. Grima couldn't time travel by himself either and had to piggy back on a portal made by Naga. Plus I can't say for sure but it looks like he's possessing the Heart!Anankos seen in Invisible History/Hidden Truths who is the final enemy to beat.

I was more just mentioning this DLC was one in the long line of things that feel like IS went "well it was popular in Awakening, so we have to put it in Fates", where at best (like this DLC) it feels a bit contrived, or worst (the Fates 2ed gens) is very dumb. Which is funny because I really liked all those thing in Awakening, just I'd rather they stayed in Awakening and Fates did new things. Like, Awakening characters being shoehorned into Fates was another one. Yes, I liked those characters, but I'd rather have new ones.

So it could somehow also be killing the other timeline Anankoses out there due to reasons? And if so that feels contrived unless the DLC goes out of its way to explain how it works. Plus it's not even your versions of the 2ed gens doing it, but rather some generic versions. If it turned out to be your versions from you Conquest and Birthright playthroughs than it may have been cool and perhaps give the 2ed gens a reason to exist.

I was more just mentioning this DLC was one in the long line of things that feel like IS went "well it was popular in Awakening, so we have to put it in Fates", where at best (like this DLC) it feels a bit contrived, or worst (the Fates 2ed gens) is very dumb. Which is funny because I really liked all those thing in Awakening, just I'd rather they stayed in Awakening and Fates did new things. Like, Awakening characters being shoehorned into Fates was another one. Yes, I liked those characters, but I'd rather have new ones.

So it could somehow also be killing the other timeline Anankoses out there due to reasons? And if so that feels contrived unless the DLC goes out of its way to explain how it works. Plus it's not even your versions of the 2ed gens doing it, but rather some generic versions. If it turned out to be your versions from you Conquest and Birthright playthroughs than it may have been cool and perhaps give the 2ed gens a reason to exist.

That would ruin the difficulty of the DLC then since your children's starting stats and skills via inheritance would make them too strong (and also backfire when said children wind up as enemies).

Again, unless one carefully considers each and every event in the game and all the possibilities of outcomes that would happen IF the parents had done something differently, then they won't even understand the events of the DLC. Awakening had already made Future Past clear that Grima had killed all the parents that fought against him and some parents died protecting their children or passed away from sickness. Fates' version made it clear (in a way that is completely wierd) that the parents died during/after the war had ended in an alternate continuity and these children were from a different alternative timeline where their parents had actually succeeded and not perished (looking at the CGs minus Shigure's).

It's not for reasons, because Revelations you have to kill the heart to destroy him. Destroying the body does not finish him, and again the battle shows multiple hearts on his side, so the likely conclusion is that he combined his might with other alternate versions of himself, killed all the parents, and then raised the dads as his minions to fight alongside Arete, Mikoto, and Sumeragi. In fact he spent the first four chapters setting it up using illusions to try to make the child units kill each other.

Edited by JupiterKnight

It's not for reasons, because Revelations you have to kill the heart to destroy him. Destroying the body does not finish him, and again the battle shows multiple hearts on his side, so the likely conclusion is that he combined his might with other alternate versions of himself, killed all the parents, and then raised the dads as his minions to fight alongside Arete, Mikoto, and Sumeragi. In fact he spent the first four chapters setting it up using illusions to try to make the child units kill each other.

Does it ever say that this kills Anankos in the other two timelines? If so does it kill the ones from the player's versions of Conquest and Birthright? Since if so that's kinda anticlimatic, since that means the ones who save every other timeline are some generic versions of the 2ed gens.

As a side note, what's with the final slide with both Kanas in the same shot? Wouldn't that be after going back to their own timelines?

Does it ever say that this kills Anankos in the other two timelines? If so does it kill the ones from the player's versions of Conquest and Birthright? Since if so that's kinda anticlimatic, since that means the ones who save every other timeline are some generic versions of the 2ed gens.

As a side note, what's with the final slide with both Kanas in the same shot? Wouldn't that be after going back to their own timelines?

Anna failed to keep her Dragon's Gate safe and as a result time and space went out of control. For both Kanas to be in the same picture outside of the chapter is something I would wish to know as well. As would how does Corin/Kamui date the opposite gender version of themselves by looking at the picture Phillius posted.

Not precisely story-related, but has anyone managed to get files/mp3s of the unique dlc music? From what little i heard from playthrough uploads it's really good.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Abvora

This game keeps finding new ways to disappoint.

Really? It's just a what if scenario anyways lol.

Does anyone have a link to the 6th Map theme? That theme is rrrrrreally good. Also this DLC made me like Shigure more he really is a pretty cool character.

Really? It's just a what if scenario anyways lol.

Does anyone have a link to the 6th Map theme? That theme is rrrrrreally good. Also this DLC made me like Shigure more he really is a pretty cool character.

It's disappointing because the first three maps made it look pretty interesting, but then it just turns into a rehash of Awakening's main plot. I already had my doubts since it just seemed like Future Past 2.0, but the big reveal killed the potential it had for me. The only reason I'll be getting any of these maps is for Point Blank.

It's disappointing because the first three maps made it look pretty interesting, but then it just turns into a rehash of Awakening's main plot. I already had my doubts since it just seemed like Future Past 2.0, but the big reveal killed the potential it had for me. The only reason I'll be getting any of these maps is for Point Blank.

tumblr_o3dvktuggw1tzbi68o1_500.png

Takumi approves.

What I dislike about these maps is that, unlike Awakening and Future Past, they are so much more divorced from your experience with the game. What I mean is that these characters aren't yours, and this seems to be a running theme in the DLC maps.

They have their default hair colours, lack the personal relationships they may have had in your game, can't really have any meaningful variable conversations. All it is is an attempt to recreate what Awakening had almost verbatim, without the personal charm that Future Past allowed.

What I dislike about these maps is that, unlike Awakening and Future Past, they are so much more divorced from your experience with the game. What I mean is that these characters aren't yours, and this seems to be a running theme in the DLC maps.

They have their default hair colours, lack the personal relationships they may have had in your game, can't really have any meaningful variable conversations. All it is is an attempt to recreate what Awakening had almost verbatim, without the personal charm that Future Past allowed.

I guess they were looking from a gameplay-point of view - making the DLC like this allows a more controlled experience rather than just a grind-fest like Awakening's.

The characters still seem to appear in the classes from the player's file for cutscenes, although not in the gameplay.

well he sings in his recruitment paralogue and in my room confession on Japanese version.. but it doesn't happen in lolcalization :(

He hums a melody during the prison recruitment conversation even in the American version, but doesn't actually sing.

Edited by NeonZ

I think you're right about that as I saw a Wolfssenger Shigure in a screenshot.

Also the fifth chapter's translation cleared some things up.

The Conquest/Birthright kids worlds were also conquered by this Anankos, who after conquering the world Shigure is from decided he would conquer all the worlds.

So basically Birthright and Conquest paths never need to go beat the real big bad as these generic 2nd gens killed off the big bad in all timelines other than Revelation as that big bad already lost to Corrin.

Shigure is in Hoshido in the end!

Yay, Birthright!

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

Well there's going to be more than one Revelations world, as this one is a failed one to begin with. But yes this effectively solves the problem of dealing with Anankos after the story of Conquest/Birthright and not worry about him attacking again or using his favorite vessel Foxy Grandpa.

@Sentinel07: Yes.

Specifically it's Heart!Anankos, who appears to be possessed.

Well there's going to be more than one Revelations world, as this one is a failed one to begin with. But yes this effectively solves the problem of dealing with Anankos after the story of Conquest/Birthright and not worry about him attacking again or using his favorite vessel Foxy Grandpa.

@Sentinel07: Yes.

Specifically it's Heart!Anankos, who appears to be possessed.

Ah, I see.

Do we know the rewards? I'm already aware that the first 3 maps offered 4 taker skills between them.

Ah, I see.

Do we know the rewards? I'm already aware that the first 3 maps offered 4 taker skills between them.

The total rewards for completing all 6 maps are the (Stat)taker and Point Blank scrolls.

Kinda off topic but Matthew Mercer(Ryoma,Azama,Shigure) has hinted on twitter that he will sing "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" in the english version of this DLC.

Woah, that's awesome. I was worried they wouldn't do it and would cut out his singing, or worse yet that we wouldn't get the DLC at all. Matt seems like such a great guy as a sidenote.

I just realized... in both the Future Past and Recollection of Bubbles, Yoshimasa Hosoya (Avatar in Awakening, Shigure in Fates) has to die for world peace...

Also, dat throwback to Invisible History.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy