Recollection of Bubbles

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: Ninja'd by Abvora

This game keeps finding new ways to disappoint.

I didn't even have my expectations for this DLC high to begin with and it still let them down.

Would some originality have killed you, IntSys?

Also, here's a thing with all the ending CG's.

http://imgur.com/a/4PtgG Forgot to copy the link, oops.

It looks like the kids definitely come from Birthright/Conquest routes, since Azura is dead in the Shigure CG

Edited by Phillius

It looks like the kids definitely come from Birthright/Conquest routes, since Azura is dead in the Shigure CG

Really? She looks alive to me. You can't see through her to the pillar behind her, and the lighting would be why she's so pale. She's even casting a shadow, do dead people cast shadows?

Did Anankos possess his own heart? Because that's what it looks like. Not to mention if the screenshot I saw was right there were multiple hearts in that battle.

Phillius think of it this way.

At least we know there's one timeline where they screwed up royally trying to do Revelations. Anankos doesn't even revive Corn to do his bidding. Though considering he hates them that's probably why.

Edited by JupiterKnight

Really? She looks alive to me. You can't see through her to the pillar behind her, and the lighting would be why she's so pale. She's even casting a shadow, do dead people cast shadows?

Her hair is see-through, and even with the light, I reckon she looks a little too pale to be alive. The fact that Shigure isn't directly acknowledging her unlike every other child also helps. I dunno though, you could be right.

According to the guys on 4chan, the whole plot is thus:

The kids were summoned from their worlds to a world where the parents failed to kill Anankos, succeed in killing him and the resurrected parents, and go home to hug their mamas and papas. Their memories got slightly scrambled in the process, which is why they think their parents are dead. Shigure's song puts it right and Azura is apparently aiding him from beyond the grave/contacting him from their home world? That's less clear.

It's basically Awakening all over again, meaning it actually doesn't make Conquest/Birthright "bad endings".

Sigh... This game continues to disappoint me with it's story lines. At least the ending CGs are adorable. Along with that the child interactions are really good. I'll take those.

Edit: I'll take Shigure's singing too.

Edited by Frelia

Well everyone died on Failed Revelations, which is the one Shigure and Azura are in and where this battle takes place. She was already dead because they all died against Anankos. Looks like they couldn't even kill Arete, Mikoto, or Sumeragi either and the fathers are brought back as near mindless as they only say .... .

Shigure's singing voice sounds so good in this. I really hope his singing is good in the localization too. It would be a shame if it wasn't.

well he sings in his recruitment paralogue and in my room confession on Japanese version.. but it doesn't happen in lolcalization :(

Yoshimasa Hosoya voice is fken gold AAAAAA, Shigure singing is BEAAAUTIIFFULLL ;___; (i really hope Shigure english VA will sing it, not just humming it)

So In the last map or In the previous or you face as enemies the father of each children right? Also the kannas come from 2 diferent dimentions to the Revelation path timeline?

Anyone have a link of the video for the last map?

Different worlds they were brought from. Female Kana from Birthright, Male Kana from Conquest. Them and the children of the respective nation brought from the same world to the world where Corrin failed to defeat Anankos, where everybody died except for Lilith and Shigure.

Edited by JupiterKnight

Different worlds they were brought from. Female Kana from Birthright, Male Kana from Conquest. Them and the children of the respective nation brought from the same world to the world where Corrin failed to defeat Anankos, where everybody died except for Lilith and Shigure.

What a twist!

Sigh... This game continues to disappoint me with it's story lines. At least the ending CGs are adorable. Along with that the child interactions are really good. I'll take those.

Edit: I'll take Shigure's singing too.

So it really is just Future Past 2: Electric Boogalo. Only the whole multiverse, travel to other timelines thing does not jive well with Fates' plot, where it did to some extent with Awakening. I mean, at least Future Past had the implications of being Morgan's timeline.

It really feels like IS is just doing stuff that was liked in Awakening with little thought to whether it works for this story or not. I mean, I liked Awakening (what, the person with the Robin x Lucina avatar liked Awakening?!?!!) but I liked those things because they worked with Awakening's story: in Fates they feel out of place.

Actually it does jive to some degree because these timelines are all supposed to exist and thus why Anankos foresaw these events happening, being part of his song and everything, save for the convenient fourth verse that was never mentioned before. Geez thanks Water! Only crazy people think one is more canon than the other.

In fact Awakenings didn't really work that well either because they kept trying to force this whole fighting fate thing and how Lucina had to be born during a timeskip, when the existence of alternate timelines themselves means she would have continued existing regardless and the future she came from would still exist regardless of what she did. Not to mention even then there's inconsistencies like Naga saying she can't be killed by Grima, which conveniently does happen in Future Past.

It also allows the children to do what Corn and the others failed to do in their Conquest/Birthright timelines, tackle on the actual threat instead of the patsies.

Edited by JupiterKnight

Actually it does jive to some degree because these timelines are all supposed to exist and thus why Anankos foresaw these events happening, being part of his song and everything, save for the convenient fourth verse that was never mentioned before. Geez thanks Water! Only crazy people think one is more canon than the other.

In fact Awakenings didn't really work that well either because they kept trying to force this whole fighting fate thing and how Lucina had to be born during a timeskip, when the existence of alternate timelines themselves means she would have continued existing regardless and the future she came from would still exist regardless of what she did. Not to mention even then there's inconsistencies like Naga saying she can't be killed by Grima, which conveniently does happen in Future Past.

It also allows the children to do what Corn and the others failed to do in their Conquest/Birthright timelines, tackle on the actual threat instead of the patsies.

On some level yes, which is why I am not saying it makes zero sense, but it still feels out of place to me. Fates did not directly deal with timeline hopping and time travel. Plus my statements were also in regards to the brouder issues of 2ed gens being shoehorned into Fates and such.

I always assumed that the goal (or at least Naga's goal in sending the kids back if they themselves didn't know how time travel worked) was that their timeline was Fed anyways and they might as well ensure there is at least one timeline out there were everyone doesn't die. Yeah the Naga thing is a plothole, but in the end I was talking more in a thematic sense. Future Past felt right, and thus I can more easily ignore the couple of inconsitancies. This DLC feels like the writers went "well future past was popular, but shoehorn a version of it into Fates)

I mean, I am also super biased since the aforementioned theory/implication that FP is a failed version of the game's timeline and where Morgan was interesting to me enough to write a whole damn fanfiction about it.

Also

but didn't they just kill failed Revelations timeline Anankos? Like, wouldn't he be around in their timelines? Plus it's not even the player's version of Birthright/Conquest.