Recollection of Bubbles

It's stated she's more powerful in Valla than she is outside it. She never steps inside the place again after Hidden Truths until Recollection of Bubbles. This applies to that Anankos as well.

Edited by JupiterKnight

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That still raises other entirely different questions. Like Lilith being more powerful than Anankos's good half in that she can power the crystals to send far far far more people somewhere.

As much as I can agree with this question, I feel the answer would be just a stupid "magic snort snort" explanation

But why would they need 3 then? Why not two crystals? Was he expecting one of them to go "screw those two timelines, I want to go somewhere entirely different!

Furthermore, a point Anankos mass was that he had very limited ability to send people between world, which is why he only got 3 people to help him. Yet apparently each of those crystals can bring like, a dozen people from one place to another, so why not use those in the first place if you needed help so bad.

Fates writers, stop. Please, just stop. The story is already a mess as it is. Stop introducing more plotholes and contradicting yourselves.

What's wrong with having 3? I don't get why you're struggling with this point. Say, in April, Severa decides to go back to the Awakening world, while the other two stay. Then in June, Owain decides to go back, and Inigo still stays. Finally, in December, Inigo goes back. Anankos gave them 3 crystals so that each kid could decide for themselves, and not get dragged along with the other two kids' decisions.

As others have mentioned, Lilith strengthened the two crystals to be able to transport everyone. Also, it's not really that surprising that Anankos' good half is weaker in my opinion. It was definitely not a 50/50 split in power; it was implied that Lilith was more powerful than Anankos' good half in Invisible History. Also, the fact that the good half isn't playable in battle and doesn't even activate Dragon Veins for you could show that he's weak, though that's reaching a bit I guess.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

What's wrong with having 3? I don't get why you're struggling with this point. Say, in April, Severa decides to go back to the Awakening world, while the other two stay. Then in June, Owain decides to go back, and Inigo still stays. Finally, in December, Inigo goes back. Anankos gave them 3 crystals so that each kid could decide for themselves, and not get dragged along with the other two kids' decisions.

As others have mentioned, Lilith strengthened the two crystals to be able to transport everyone. Also, it's not really that surprising that Anankos' good half is weaker in my opinion. It was definitely not a 50/50 split in power; it was implied that Lilith was more powerful than Anankos' good half in Invisible History. Also, the fact that the good half isn't playable in battle and doesn't even activate Dragon Veins for you could show that he's weak, though that's reaching a bit I guess.

He still had the power to transport people across worlds and fix the bad Awakening future. He also made a point of mentioning how powerful Naga is to have been able to send a lot more people between worlds/timelines (like during future past where she sends a bunch back and forward multiple times. I can buy the evil half of Anankos being strong enough to do that, not Lilith. Even if she is stronger than the good Anankos (yet never shows that level of power in the main game) she by no means what so ever should be that strong.

Let's be honest here, the real reason is because "the plot demands it"

The least Fates could do is remain consistant within it's own internal logic. For all the stupid stuff contradicting previous games, at least Awakening remained (mostly) consistant within it's own internal rules. Fates just seems to do whatever is easiest to make the current story function without even trying to keep it consistant with other routes and DLC. Yes, I get that there were multiple writers who worked on different things, but that is no excuse. That's why editors exist.

In the end it feels like the writers just didn't care. So why should I?

Wow, I got angrier than I though I would there. Sorry about that.

Edited by TheWerdna

He still had the power to transport people across worlds and fix the bad Awakening future. He also made a point of mentioning how powerful Naga is to have been able to send a lot more people between worlds/timelines (like during future past where she sends a bunch back and forward multiple times. I can buy the evil half of Anankos being strong enough to do that, not Lilith. Even if she is stronger than the good Anankos (yet never shows that level of power in the main game) she by no means what so ever should be that strong.

Isn't Lilith created from Anankos' massively powerful but insane form rather than the good-half of him?

The least Fates could do is remain consistant within it's own internal logic. For all the stupid stuff contradicting previous games, at least Awakening remained (mostly) consistant within it's own internal rules. Fates just seems to do whatever is easiest to make the current story function without even trying to keep it consistant with other routes and DLC. Yes, I get that there were multiple writers who worked on different things, but that is no excuse. That's why editors exist.

Well, you're not wrong when you say Fates has horrible writers. I think there is a plothole with Lilith in Recollection of Bubbles, but not in the places you've pointed out.

In the main game, Lilith's powers came from the Astral Dragon Moroi (or whatever it was localized as). That probably implies that Lilith's powers in Invisible History were given by Anankos, and not her own. Since she left Anankos' side, she lost her former powers, but gained some power from Moroi. As an Astral Dragon, Lilith didn't seem to possess a large amount of power, but one of her key powers was the ability to teleport herself and others to different realms, which is how they got to My Castle. Perhaps it's also her power that lets the parents reach their children's Deeprealms. That's why I don't think it's a stretch for Lilith to transport all the children back to Shigure's side; it's even within the same world, so it's not that much work in comparison. Moreover, all she did was add her powers to crystals made for teleportation, which means it requires even less effort from her end.

The real question is, why is Lilith there? The only route in which she's alive in is Revelation, but if she was physically within Valla, how would Anankos not have noticed his own daughter's prescence? If she's a spirit from Birthright/Conquest, how does she still hold power? That truly makes no sense to me.

As for how Anankos made graves for the dead parents in Awakening, that was so handwaved that there's no ground to debate on for either side. "He's a god bruh" is the answer. Though perhaps in god terms, an influence of this level is nothing much.

Wow, a near copy and paste argument for why I thought ME2 sucked, I'm impressed. No really I am, it shows a bright future ahead of us.