Can We Talk About How Good The Soundtrack Is

Captain Karnage

I know we've been in heavy debate for the past few months about everything, but I just thought we could stop for a minute or two to really appreciate the OST.

personally this is my favorite soundtrack in the series and two of my favorite tracks have to be Road Taken and You of the Light

at this point the soundtrack seems to be the best recieved part

saving for a smart comment later

Edited by Captain Karnage

I agree, it's rare to find a game where every track is amazing. Personal favourites of mine are Justice RIP, Past Light, Dusk Falls, Dark Wastes, New Power, End of All, Knowledge, You of the Dark, You of the Light, Lingering Clouds, Raging Dark Winds, and Condemnation.

Wow, I think I just love them all, tbh.

My personal favorite song is the Nohr version of Lost In Thoughts All Alone, but yeah, the soundtrack for both routes is fantastic. I don't think I've heard a song that I didn't like on either side yet.

I don't really think the soundtrack stands out most of the time, but I do like A Dark Fall. It fits the mood of the maps it plays in perfectly. The Nohr royals also have a nice battle theme. Haven't heard any tracks from Revelations yet.

*You of/in the Dark : Very upbeat for a nation that seems to 'live' in the dark oddly enough.

*New Power aka Unity: Yes, you'll definitely feel must stronger when this plays. Either using seals that grant you power equal to those legendary figures or having the power to overcome the final obstacle in your way.

*You of the Light: Sad and emotional (somewhat) as you're fighting your own people who you were born to.

*Lost in Thoughts All Alone: Nothing to be said here.

*Condemnation: Alright! Time to see if there's a decent challenger among all the retainers!

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Then you get the tearjerker of a soundtrack known as Thorn in You that plays during the tearjerker of a chapter in Chapter 6: The Decision is yours.

Chapter 6: The Decision is Yours. "Up until now, I was happy living with my family at the place where I came to be. However, here on the plains of battle, I find myself caught in a war that has just started. This battle taking place here is not one that is normal though...both Princes both who are my older brothers, one from Hoshido and one from Nohr look at me and hold out their hands to me, motioning to me for me to join one of them. I look to both sides out of hesitation, I see my other brothers and sisters looking at me carefully. The two younger sisters, one from each side look like they're on the verge of tears. My younger brothers are watching me warily as if I might make a bad decision. I also see both of my older sisters who have come to care for me since they knew me looking at me with concern. The choice to decide who to join becomes even more painful each passing second...then I remember one more memory. Mother. She had perished to save my life from the unknown assailant...she wanted me to live in peace and harmony with others. However...however...I can't decide who to be with without harming the other side. This decision I'm going to have to make in front of both armies that are assembled will determine the beginning of a new era. The risks and dangers involved...the amount of people who will die...all that will be decided on who I side with. Now the trial comes, who will I join...the land and people who I have known up until now, or the land and people who I was born to and originally raised with?" - Corrin deciding their options on Chapter 6 of Fire Emblem: Fates.

Edited by Emblem Blade

PoR still has my favorite OST overall, but fates now has my favorite battle theme in the series

That's also one of the saddest OSTs in the entire game if not one of the most emotional OSTs in the entire Fire Emblem Franchise due to the Chapter it first takes place in.

FE14 has this juggernaut of a song in its endgame chapter(s).

[spoiler=Glory/Ruin]

holy shit that song is dope!

and this one.

[spoiler=Past Light]

https://youtu.be/10kqK0fMk28?list=PL6akIKaXBeU2Grz-eLgC_o7ddAxfYfGQl

This ost is up there with Tellius' as possible best in series.

A Dark Fall has to be my favorite track. Even way back when I was watching Hamayama stream the game, that was the one track that really stood out to me. Woleb Tsap is another track that gives me a distinct FF XIII vibe for some reason.

Agreed with Loki on Glory/Ruin being my favourite map theme.

Condemnation is my favourite battle/boss theme since Wheeling Corby from Radiant Dawn, and any version of Lost in thoughts all alone is godlike.

The soundtrack of Fates is absolutely fantastic. There are so many great songs. Battle songs, boss songs, story songs, music songs, they're almost all great. I keep listening to the soundtrack over and over and I can't get enough of it.

My favorite song: Alight

Thorn in You is also one of the best ones, as are both the English and Japanese versions of Lost in Thought All Alone (with a slight preference to the Japanese).

Tbh, I feel to the contrary.

Almost nothing stands out to me and I'm not attaching to anything but Dusk Falls.

My Castle having such a small selection was a bad choice.

Edit: to the soundtrack's benefit though, Dusk Falls is my favorite theme in the series.

Edited by Ms. Bunch

It's my favorite OST in the series. Some tracks that I love are Thorn In You, Alight, Dusk Falls, A Dark Fall, You of The Light, Lost In Thoughts All Alone (of course) and the list could go on but I'll keep it as it is.