Top/Bottom 3 Chapters in Conquest,Birthright or Revelations (Spoilers)

1% critted

Post what are your top 3 /bottom 3 chapters/paralogues in FE:Fates! You may judge them by the quality of the map itself, the story in it, or both.

NOHR

1. Chapter 10. We all know this one, it's early on the game, you don't have that many options, and the game gives you a huge test. Figuring out how to survive, get all the villages, and having to improvise like hell after Takumi uses the dragon vein was so much fun, and I always look forward to playing the chapter again. Also you get Female Haar so yay.

2. Chapter 8. This chapter is what Conquest is all about. Anti-turtling with the rush for the villages. Threatening enemies that your units can take with proper planning. Dragon Vein with a thought-provoking use ( I can stop the enemy onslaught and get them stuck in the water, but if I do that I'll lose out on a village or have my units stuck as well). A great way to start a great game.

3. Chapter 24. You vs. Hinoka. Her Dragon Vein vs. Yours. Fliers vs. ground units. Truly the best fighting chapter in the game, where all units shine, and every movement counts. It also requieres a lot of planning, since by a certain turn you need to have a royal near a Dragon Vein. To top it all of, a threatening, notTakumi sniper miniboss, and Azama (blazeit) keeping you on your toes with that hexing rod, and a great and challenging boss fight, make for a pretty kickass map.

Bottom

1. Chapter 21. This map is just UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH. It's a squishy hell, since stoneborns do so much damage from RANGE, but it's also a tank hell since if you don't ORKO the faceless they deal %HP damage. Keaton shines here because he can tank and ORKO, but the objective is to escape with all units, and this is no Thracia, they ALL need to escape. I just hate Stoneborns fck.

2. Chapter 19. Blindly, this chapter can be one of the worst of the series. Once you figure out how the illusions work, the chapter is much more managable but 2 things just stand out. First, the foxes can trap your tank with pass, and they will just sit there like idiots if they have the illusion again. And Second, the foxes have high crit chance soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

3.Chapter 17. Ninja abuse cave, that's all.

Edit: whoops spoiler.

Edited by 1% critted

Post what are your top 3 /bottom 3 chapters/paralogues in FE:Fates! You may judge them by the quality of the map itself, the story in it, or both.

NOHR

1. Chapter 10. We all know this one, it's early on the game, you don't have that many options, and the game gives you a huge test. Figuring out how to survive, get all the villages, and having to improvise like hell after Takumi uses the dragon vein was so much fun, and I always look forward to playing the chapter again. Also you get Female Haar so yay.

2. Chapter 8. This chapter is what Conquest is all about. Anti-turtling with the rush for the villages. Threatening enemies that your units can take with proper planning. Dragon Vein with a thought-provoking use ( I can stop the enemy onslaught and get them stuck in the water, but if I do that I'll lose out on a village or have my units stuck as well). A great way to start a great game.

3. Chapter 24. You vs. Hinoka. Her Dragon Vein vs. Yours. Fliers vs. ground units. Truly the best fighting chapter in the game, where all units shine, and every movement counts. It also requieres a lot of planning, since by a certain turn you need to have a royal near a Dragon Vein. To top it all of, a threatening, notTakumi sniper miniboss, and Azama (blazeit) keeping you on your toes with that hexing rod, and a great and challenging boss fight, make for a pretty kickass map.

Bottom

1. Chapter 21. This map is just UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH. It's a squishy hell, since stoneborns do so much damage from RANGE, but it's also a tank hell since if you don't ORKO the faceless they deal %HP damage. Keaton shines here because he can tank and ORKO, but the objective is to escape with all units, and this is no Thracia, they ALL need to escape. I just hate Stoneborns fck.

2. Chapter 19. Blindly, this chapter can be one of the worst of the series. Once you figure out how the illusions work, the chapter is much more managable but 2 things just stand out. First, the foxes can trap your tank with pass, and they will just sit there like idiots if they have the illusion again. And Second, the foxes have high crit chance soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

3.Chapter 17. Ninja abuse cave, that's all.

Edit: whoops spoiler.

I'm still working on Conquest on Hard and I'm redoing my Birthright runthrough. I like your Top 3 but your bottom three remind me of some very painful experiences when RNG screws you up too many times. Camping Foxes in Chapter 19? Grrrrrr...how can I even move if you and your annoying foxy allies plan to park yourselves around my units preventing them from moving? What's that? All of you furry fiends have a very high chance to crit? ******** I have some very fragile units, I'm going to hate this. Chapter 17? When can I ever not take a ton of damage due to your Shurikens debuff effects? Also, stop picking on Elise for crying out. Stoneborns in Chapter 21? Range of their rocks? Not bad really, low hit rate makes it pretty safe. Damage though on average unit combined with the fact that level grinding in Conquest isn't as easy in Nohr? ...

My personal experience with 21 is why I like it the least, the first time around I thought it was like in chapter 12 where only Corrin had to escape....

Turns out that wasn't the case and Ophelia payed the price. After that it took me so many tries to actually complete the chapter, while killing the boss. Elise and Azura getting one-shot by stoneborns hurts too. And the reinforcements not giving EXP was so troll, I was thinking that I could just level up with these reinforcements but Conquest said naaaaaaaah.

My personal experience with 21 is why I like it the least, the first time around I thought it was like in chapter 12 where only Corrin had to escape....

Turns out that wasn't the case and Ophelia payed the price. After that it took me so many tries to actually complete the chapter, while killing the boss. Elise and Azura getting one-shot by stoneborns hurts too. And the reinforcements not giving EXP was so troll, I was thinking that I could just level up with these reinforcements but Conquest said naaaaaaaah.

What I had issues with was Elise and Azura having relatively bad HP and Defense Growths unless you had the proper support candidates for reclassing. And the only proper (effective at most) characters who help in that category for them not named Corrin are Xander and Silas (Paladin and Great Knight are great for getting defense growths and both come with good skills). Then it was there bad HP and Defense Growths resulting in bad stats then the damage from Stoneborns comes in even if said stone puppets have a bad hit rate.

Finished Birthright, on Conquest 21. Will finish Conquest over the weekend. Both on Lunatic/Classic/No DLC/Skirmish/Challenge/Invasion/etc. I can't speak for Conquest chapters past 21 as a result, so this may change after.

Top Birthright:

Chapter 23 - this map is some good shit this is legit what I'm looking for in a Lunatic mode

It really puts pressure on you, but it's not bullshit. I actually pulled this off in one go because it really made me go WOW i have to play careful here and I stepped up my game and it was so worth it when I finished.

Chapter 13 - okay this is more of a story reason but I just found it hilarious that Ryoma basically punches Leo in the face--I love Leo but that was really funny

What an entrance, welcome back lobster man

Chapter 19 - I think the reversed stats thing is pretty cool and kinda fun. I only really had one mage for the right but even Bolt axe with all of Rinkah's like, 5 mag as Blacksmith did the trick, apparently. Pity I can't capture any of them, though.

Chapter 18 gets an honorable mention for a really good Leo character moment.

Bottom Birthright:

Chapter 10 - Not really hard but just sluggish and kinda frustrating. People complain about Nohr 17 but I found Nohr 17 more manageable, honestly.

Chapter 15 - Less strategy and more "there's a fuckton of enemies okay lemme just sit here for a lot of turns until they finally all die"

I honestly can't think of another birthright chapter I particularly disliked--they weren't particularly challenging but none of them bar the top 2 are like "urrrrgh" either for me. I mean 26 is super easy but it was also emotional as fuck and the reason Xander's such an easy boss is honestly so heartbreaking

Top Conquest (up to chapter 21, I can't judge past 21)

Chapter 10 - This took me a day (that's what I get for doing Conquest Lunatic mostly blind) but it was well worth it. What a chapter. It's hard, but it's all strategically hard. It was really rewarding to iteratively figure out better strats for each turn until I could survive until turn 11. Felt really good after I finished.

Chapter 12 - I actually really like the pot mechanic--the enemies won't break them for you anyway so no bullshit here, and I fully used it to my advantage. When I heard everyone complain about the pots I thought they're randomly placed but no, they're fixed, so I played smart there. I made a misstep and got drawn into the apothecary fest with the lunge guy and lost quite a bit of HP but, no problem, hit a good pot, heal up and get defense. Sweet! I planned it out so that I beat the boss and got both chests on the same turn, which makes the stat deduction from the pots surrounding chests moot anyway. Ninja Corn really helps, though, since she has WTA against the boss and also debuffs.

Chapter 18 - Ryoma and Xander UST dialed up so hard I'm revelling in it. "To start, I'm far more attractive" lobster man pls

Bottom Conquest

Chapter 13 - okay it wasn't actually that bad didn't take me many tries at all but fucking cavs spawned right ON TOP OF ME when I was baiting team Scarlet over and I didn't know and I'm still salty

Chapter 19 - I had an easier time than most people because I had wyvern Xander who was like "hahaha beastbane suck my dick I have 40+ defense I don't care" and he basically solo'd the map but it's like the same problem I have with Birthright 15 except worse because everything is Beastbane and also stupid gimmick

Chapter 20 - Okay just, fuck this chapter, fuck the wind, fuck everything, I didn't want to lowman this chapter but I did it anyway because it was frustrating me too hard I'm like, no

For chapter 21, what I did was undeploy Azura and Elise and deployed Gunter and Benoit and separated the Niles-Camilla pair into independent functioning pairs and using the 2 dudes as defense. then all my land units just pressed on and killed as many things as possible per turn (there's one turn I need to save the DV so I picked a relatively enemy-scarce turn to do it) while Cam and Xander(Still flying) team up to take out Stoneborns and hit up all the DVs. Wyvern Xander, again, is super clutch. Even if I wasn't doing it for the Swordbreaker, I think in future runs of Conquest I'd definitely still make him a Wyvern just for the 19-21 stretch, at least.

Edited by Thor Odinson

[spoiler=My answer] Best: Conquest 23, where you fight Takumi and make the epic fight in the first trailer a reality, I ADORE this map

Conquest 11, or as I like to call it "Look, stairs", I love the two routes idea, and it's a nice break after the wake up call that is

Conquest 10, which is basically where the game shows you it's not screwing around

Worst: Birthright 12, Literally pair Corrin up with Hinoka and you can LEGIT FLY to the escape point to 3 turn the map

Conquest 21, When the only way I was able to beat a map is by pairing Corrin up with Camilla and hopping from Dragon's vein to Dragons vein to 4 turn it, your doing something wrong

Conquest 17, mostly because of Kotaro, who gives me FE6 Sacae HM flash backs

[spoiler=My answer] Best: Conquest 23, where you fight Takumi and make the epic fight in the first trailer a reality, I ADORE this map

Conquest 11, or as I like to call it "Look, stairs", I love the two routes idea, and it's a nice break after the wake up call that is

Conquest 10, which is basically where the game shows you it's not screwing around

Worst: Birthright 12, Literally pair Corrin up with Hinoka and you can LEGIT FLY to the escape point to 3 turn the map

Conquest 21, When the only way I was able to beat a map is by pairing Corrin up with Camilla and hopping from Dragon's vein to Dragons vein to 4 turn it, your doing something wrong

Conquest 17, mostly because of Kotaro, who gives me FE6 Sacae HM flash backs

Although I like Birthright 12 it suffers the same problem from Conquest 21, and I only like it for story reasons, and seeing Xander chasing me was legit frightening.

Totally agree on 21, on Lunatic I saw the map, deployed only Xander and Corrin, and just moved and hit start.

For chapter 21, what I did was undeploy Azura and Elise and deployed Gunter and Benoit and separated the Niles-Camilla pair into independent functioning pairs and using the 2 dudes as defense. then all my land units just pressed on and killed as many things as possible per turn (there's one turn I need to save the DV so I picked a relatively enemy-scarce turn to do it) while Cam and Xander(Still flying) team up to take out Stoneborns and hit up all the DVs. Wyvern Xander, again, is super clutch. Even if I wasn't doing it for the Swordbreaker, I think in future runs of Conquest I'd definitely still make him a Wyvern just for the 19-21 stretch, at least.

Have you tried Hero!Xander? So broken it crashes my game.

Finished Birthright, on Conquest 21. Will finish Conquest over the weekend. Both on Lunatic/Classic/No DLC/Skirmish/Challenge/Invasion/etc. I can't speak for Conquest chapters past 21 as a result, so this may change after.

Top Birthright:

Chapter 23 - this map is some good shit this is legit what I'm looking for in a Lunatic mode

It really puts pressure on you, but it's not bullshit. I actually pulled this off in one go because it really made me go WOW i have to play careful here and I stepped up my game and it was so worth it when I finished.

Chapter 13 - okay this is more of a story reason but I just found it hilarious that Ryoma basically punches Leo in the face--I love Leo but that was really funny

What an entrance, welcome back lobster man

Chapter 19 - I think the reversed stats thing is pretty cool and kinda fun. I only really had one mage for the right but even Bolt axe with all of Rinkah's like, 5 mag as Blacksmith did the trick, apparently. Pity I can't capture any of them, though.

Chapter 18 gets an honorable mention for a really good Leo character moment.

Bottom Birthright:

Chapter 10 - Not really hard but just sluggish and kinda frustrating. People complain about Nohr 17 but I found Nohr 17 more manageable, honestly.

Chapter 15 - Less strategy and more "there's a fuckton of enemies okay lemme just sit here for a lot of turns until they finally all die"

I honestly can't think of another birthright chapter I particularly disliked--they weren't particularly challenging but none of them bar the top 2 are like "urrrrgh" either for me. I mean 26 is super easy but it was also emotional as fuck and the reason Xander's such an easy boss is honestly so heartbreaking

Top Conquest (up to chapter 21, I can't judge past 21)

Chapter 10 - This took me a day (that's what I get for doing Conquest Lunatic mostly blind) but it was well worth it. What a chapter. It's hard, but it's all strategically hard. It was really rewarding to iteratively figure out better strats for each turn until I could survive until turn 11. Felt really good after I finished.

Chapter 12 - I actually really like the pot mechanic--the enemies won't break them for you anyway so no bullshit here, and I fully used it to my advantage. When I heard everyone complain about the pots I thought they're randomly placed with I made a misstep and got drawn into the apothecary fest with the lunge guy and lost quite a bit of HP but, no problem, hit a good pot, heal up and get defense. Sweet! I planned it out so that I beat the boss and got both chests on the same turn, which makes the stat deduction from the pots surrounding chests moot anyway. Ninja Corn really helps, though, since she has WTA against the boss and also debuffs.

Chapter 18 - Ryoma and Xander UST dialed up so hard I'm revelling in it. "To start, I'm far more attractive" lobster man pls

Bottom Conquest

Chapter 13 - okay it wasn't actually that bad didn't take me many tries at all but fucking cavs spawned right ON TOP OF ME when I was baiting team Scarlet over and I didn't know and I'm still salty

Chapter 19 - I had an easier time than most people because I had wyvern Xander who was like "hahaha beastbane suck my dick I have 40+ defense I don't care" and he basically solo'd the map but it's like the same problem I have with Birthright 15 except worse because everything is Beastbane and also stupid gimmick

Chapter 20 - Okay just, fuck this chapter, fuck the wind, fuck everything, I didn't want to lowman this chapter but I did it anyway because it was frustrating me too hard I'm like, no

I have hard time with using Gunter because of his growths in all his stats. Xander and Camille basically trolled Chapter 21 when it came to those golems. Either smash anything standing in your way or blast anything that you can't cut down with your huge axe. My healers that I needed though made me concerned as they took a lot of damage and having them use Vulnerabilities and Concoctions means I can't heal other units who need to be healed.

I have hard time with using Gunter because of his growths in all his stats. Xander and Camille basically trolled Chapter 21 when it came to those golems. Either smash anything standing in your way or blast anything that you can't cut down with your huge axe. My healers that I needed though made me concerned as they took a lot of damage and having them use Vulnerabilities and Concoctions means I can't heal other units who need to be healed.

I literally deployed Gunter just for that level and just to shove in the back of Camilla for defense pairup

You don't need to use him

DV every turn except one (do that one earlier on) and keep out of Stoneborn range for all but one turn means that healer wasn't really necessary there--Elise can't really survive that one turn.

I ran full mount rush and was able to perfectly reach the line on all units after the last DV.

Have you tried Hero!Xander? So broken it crashes my game.

Didn't. Don't have the supports to do so this run (went ninja corn and wasn't using laslow), but I'm gonna try it when I do Xander x Charlotte next time.

Though I don't think Hero Xan can pull off what I need him to do in 21 since he can't fly (i need him front at all times so ferrying isn't an option), so I'll still need him in Wyvern for 21 at least. At least you're not resource starved at that point anymore, though.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I was tempted by Wyvern Xander but I always felt like losing Siegfried would cost him a lot of what would make him good, Xander's raw stats aren't actually that amazing so pissing away his sword rank and unique weapon felt off. I may have to try it out if I've been underrating it though (and yeah obviously wyverns in general are just amazing for 19-21).

Love your the OP's top three for Conquest, especially Conquest 10 and Conquest 24. I'll pretty much second all thoes comments. My third wouldn't be 8, but instead would be...

3. Conquest 21. A perfect escape map. You'll be overwhelmed eventually, so better get moving! I generally like maps which punish turtling, which this one does. And you have the freeze points... which are a huge trump card. Each time you have to decide if/when you want to use one, and then accordingly deal with your enemies, especially the stoneborn. A lot of clever range watching, and the fight even manages to make the normally boring Faceless interesting, with things like their breaker skills and the different paths you can take. You can also cheese the map out if you want, and that's honestly a fine design too... I adore 1-Endgame in Radiant Dawn and it's even more cheesable, for instance.

I honestly like pretty much every Conquest map, they're creative as hell. My least favourite by far is Paralogue 1, if that even counts. Really bland. Chapter 7 probably my next least favourite. I guess I don't like Faceless much, but yeah, I don't like the fact you start with two PCs, and I don't like how repetitive the enemies are.

Only played Conquest so far:

Best: Chapter 10

Everyone has said why this map is so good already. It's a legit good defense map and those are super hard to come by. It's really challenging and is an excellent test at preparing you for what comes ahead. Also Camilla and Selena join here and they're pretty awesome.

Second Best: Chapter 15

This gimmick is honestly the coolest thing I've ever seen in FE. Thoroughly looking forward to playing this map again.

Third Best: Chapter 20

The wind is really fun when you get the hang of it, though I admit it took me hours to figure out the best way. This is a super challenging map but it doesn't feel that unfair when you figure the mechanics out.

Honorable Mentions: Chapter 8 (the house mechanic is kinda cool), Chapter 12 (I like the pots)

Worst: Chapter 21

Stoneborn suck and are just awful. Wary Fighter is a stupid skill and it makes the map way harder than it needs to be. What I ended up doing was doing Boots Camilla + Master Ninja Corrin pair up and clear the map in 2 turns. It just wasn't worth the slog trying to go up.

Second Worst: Chapter 19

The fox illusions are super lame when they all have pass. All of them are super evasive and it just makes it more annoying than it needs to be.

Third Worst: Chapter 13

It's not a bad map, but Conquest has had such cool map design up to this point and 13 just doesn't stand up to it. It'd be a fine map in any other FE game, but it lacks the innovative level design that the vast majority of the chapters have, especially coming off of both 10 and 12 while knowing 15 is coming.

Honorable mention to Chapter 7 because it's super tough with such limited resources. Praise Effie that she's around in this map otherwise it would be a nightmare. All of the chip damage abilities make planning hard when you're bad at math (like me!).

Edited by Scrub Lord Doof

I literally deployed Gunter just for that level and just to shove in the back of Camilla for defense pairup

You don't need to use him

DV every turn except one (do that one earlier on) and keep out of Stoneborn range for all but one turn means that healer wasn't really necessary there--Elise can't really survive that one turn.

I ran full mount rush and was able to perfectly reach the line on all units after the last DV.

Didn't. Don't have the supports to do so this run (went ninja corn and wasn't using laslow), but I'm gonna try it when I do Xander x Charlotte next time.

Though I don't think Hero Xan can pull off what I need him to do in 21 since he can't fly (i need him front at all times so ferrying isn't an option), so I'll still need him in Wyvern for 21 at least. At least you're not resource starved at that point anymore, though.

I had Strategist Elise to both heal units and pick off weakened golems since said golems have lackluster resistance stats. The issue came when she got hit while she survived and I couldn't heal other units using her if I healed her using a Concoction. Classic Mode made my life miserable since my healers had to heal themselves quite a lot meaning my other units had to tank more than they could handle on Chapter 21.

I didn't bother with healing because I didn't need to

Wyvern Xan really makes the chapter a lot easier than it otherwise would be, though, even blicks the boss for me, bless him

or rather, bless his lance B)

I was tempted by Wyvern Xander but I always felt like losing Siegfried would cost him a lot of what would make him good, Xander's raw stats aren't actually that amazing so pissing away his sword rank and unique weapon felt off. I may have to try it out if I've been underrating it though (and yeah obviously wyverns in general are just amazing for 19-21).

D Lances is good enough for the most important weapon for 19, and with doing the bulk of the work in 19 and making the otherwise shit chapter really easy, he hits C lances there. Then he runs blessed Lance in 21--he also doesn't take damage from anything there, so he just has free reign to Dragon Vein whenever the fuck he wants to. Two bulky DV users with flight and good combat is a good way to do this chapter if you don't want to lowman cheese. I paired him with Master Ninja Kana so he's going with 9 movement and a lot of extra speed.

Wyvern Xan isn't really a permanent thing--I wanted him to get Swordbreaker so he can fight Ryoma unpaired in 25 for personal reasons, but he's surprisingly clutch and I really loved his contributions to 19-21. Javs are still fine for him and Wyvern nets Str+2 and Siegfried def bonus still applies even if he can't use it.

I need him in wyvern for another chapter (he's lv 14 now after some paralogues) but he'll go back to Paladin for 23+.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I didn't bother with healing because I didn't need to

Wyvern Xan really makes the chapter a lot easier than it otherwise would be, though, even blicks the boss for me, bless him

or rather, bless his lance B)

I didn't reclass Xander because A) I couldn't get him to level cap to 20 on time. And B) I already had reclassed Camille and Niles so I was low on gold at the moment.

I'm also trying to keep a balance between physical and magical powerhouses on my team so I don't run into cases where I get 'walled' by an enemy force that can effortlessly tank my characters attacks. Also, thanks to RNG, enemies can hit your units at very low percentages which is why I keep at least one healer (in any class that's promoted or unique [butler/Maid]) on my team regardless, I can't afford to take a risk when it's clear that RNG will bless your enemies in times when you need to be blessed.

[spoiler=Conquest]Top:

1. Chapter 10. Pretty obvious by this point.

2. Endgame. I admit I might be biased since this is the first endgame I experienced but I still think it was cool. Made testing the units I had come so far raising really meaningful.

3. Chapter 7. Good start to the campaign.

Bottom:

1. Chapter 15. I don't know why I don't like it but I don't.

2. Chapter 21. Not really a fan.

3. Chapter 19. Drags on due to the gimmick.

[spoiler=Birthright]Top:

1. Chapter 23. Frustrating, but got to give it props for being just about the only Birthright chapter that gave me trouble.

2. Chapter 18. I like Leo, Niles and Odin. Their screentime gives this one good cred.

3. Chapter 26.

Bottom:

1. Chapter 14. Boring for the most part; seems like something straight out of Awakening.

2. Chapter 11.

3. Chapter 21. FUCK THIS CHAPTER.

[spoiler=Revelation]Top:

1. Endgame. What Awakening's should have been. Yeah, it was pretty easy, but it was also super epic and fun IMO.

2. Chapter 12. Fun to manage well on higher difficulties.

3. Chapter 10. Fun gimmick IMO.

Bottom:

1. Chapter 11, for the sole reason of Orochi and her penchant for dying on the first turn in Loony. And the frustrating DV mechanics.

2. Chapter 18. Ugh.

3. Chapter 27. Pretty underwhelming for the most part.

[spoiler=Final Overall Thoughts]Overall I enjoyed Conquest's maps far more than any other, even though some could be frustrating as hell. Revelation's early-game chapters are really fun - before Valla, the chapters on Lunatic are some of the most fun I've had in an FE for years, while the later chapters rely too heavily on gimmicks and don't really amuse for too long. Birthright is solid, but in my book too much like Awakening, which is why I ranked 23 as one of my top because of the challenge it presented.

Edited by nordopolica

I didn't reclass Xander because A) I couldn't get him to level cap to 20 on time. And B) I already had reclassed Camille and Niles so I was low on gold at the moment.

I'm also trying to keep a balance between physical and magical powerhouses on my team so I don't run into cases where I get 'walled' by an enemy force that can effortlessly tank my characters attacks. Also, thanks to RNG, enemies can hit your units at very low percentages which is why I keep at least one healer (in any class that's promoted or unique [butler/Maid]) on my team regardless, I can't afford to take a risk when it's clear that RNG will bless your enemies in times when you need to be blessed.

Class balance is overrated

getting to 20/20 is not feasible in nogrind anyway

Enemies can't hit my guys if they can't move

If you select the range of the stoneborn, keep out of them unless you're xan (he has bullshit defense he doesn't give a fuck) or Cam (low enough damage on her to not care either) and just hit DV on every turn except one with a team of 8-9 move units with enough bulk to take like, one hit it's plenty enough to get everyone to the finish line on time with no healer

Edited by Thor Odinson

Class balance is overrated

getting to 20/20 is not feasible in nogrind anyway

Enemies can't hit my guys if they can't move

Well, that's correct but you can't really level grind in the Conquest Path without DLC if you already completed every chapter up until where you are. That's one of my issues at times, I don't evenly level up my units and then I'm stuck in a corner since I messed up back down the line. In Conquest, this comes to the point where I sometimes need to restart the game so I can avoid making the same mistakes over and over again. Also, I have a really bad time evenly leveling my characters in Fates.

Well, that's correct but you can't really level grind in the Conquest Path without DLC if you already completed every chapter up until where you are. That's one of my issues at times, I don't evenly level up my units and then I'm stuck in a corner since I messed up back down the line. In Conquest, this comes to the point where I sometimes need to restart the game so I can avoid making the same mistakes over and over again. Also, I have a really bad time evenly leveling my characters in Fates.

Get better at evenly levelling up your units then

Also getting them paired off nets you child paralogues some of them can catch up on

Lunatic is plenty feasible without going anywhere near the dlc

Top Conquest

1. Chapter 10: Just like others have stated this is just a great map. Plenty of challenge offer room for different methods of tackling the map to see if you can get all the treasures and keep your units alive all while defending an area. I'm still trying to think of a strategy where you can take down Takumi in it.

2. Chapter 12: The whole pot Gimmick was really cool and the fact that you are under a turn limit prevents you from rushing things. So you really to plan things out in order to get the treasure and capitalize on Exp.

3. Chapter 23: This was a really interesting chapter with nearly all the enemies having an interesting array of skills with the snipers all having counter and the spear users acting as Rally bots. It really made me have to think about which units I sent out and how I positioned them and whether or not I want to go offensive or tank.

Bottom Conquest

1. Chapter 21: You have to have all your units escape along with there being enemies with high attack range and the others having savage blow. Pretty difficult to get experience on this map. I had to resort to using a Corrin Camilla pair up and just rushing it.

2. Chapter 20: Really just the wind gimmick. It's just really annoying and can cause the chapter to drag on if you have your units at the wrong place on the map. The enemies themselves are perfectly manageable its just the gimmick that ruins the chapter for me.

3. Chapter 19: You have half the enemies possessing pass making it difficult to take and, then you have the gimmick of a number of them being unable to be targeted every other turn.

Ha! my least favorite chapters are clumped together.

Top Birthright

To be honest I can't think of a top 3 since I really didn't enjoy Birthright overall, I found it kind of dull even on Lunatic.

I did like Ch. 19 do to the reverse stats. That did catch off guard and acts as a healthy reminder to always check enemy stats before playing the chapter.

Bottom Birthright

1. Ch 24: The chapter itself isn't to hard and the gimmick is beneficial there are just way to many reinforcements. I spent tons of turns just tanking at the top with Kaden tanking Malig Knights and Ryoma killing the Wyvern Lords just waiting for them to all die so a could kills Hans but, there's more than five waves of reinforcements I believe, that's what it seemed like. It was just so boring.

2. Ch14: This chapter seems like It was pulled out of Awakening since mos of it is an open field. Really just a dull map thats just sums up to tanking approaching enemies until they all die then proceed.

3.CH15. Another chapters that really just revolves around tanking until all reinforcements die then proceed.

Edited by Mole_Man

Get better at evenly levelling up your units then

Also getting them paired off nets you child paralogues some of them can catch up on

Lunatic is plenty feasible without going anywhere near the dlc

I'll pair up units regardless. I just have a bad habit of not evenly leveling up my units in general which I can't stop. I do every chapter on a steady pattern if possible to prevent myself from being severely unprepared for any chapters I have yet to complete, paralogues included.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Conquest

Top 3

1. Chapter 24: Probably the most hectic of all the maps with the DV and fliers. Its so chaotic and I love it for it.

2. Chapter 21: Pretty fun chapter since its just don't stop moving and hopping from DV to DV.

3. Chapter 26: So much staff usage and things to be aware of. Iago is a prick, but that just adds to the map really.

Bottom:

1. Chapter 17: Ninja's suck

2. Chapter 25: Ninjas really really suck and so does stacking debuffs.

3. Chapter 19: Foxes are annoying to everyone.

Top Birthright

1. Chapter 23: Pretty great map with Camilla's bombardment pressure and the power of the enemies finally increasing.

2. Chapter 19: Jank tower is amazing for all of its glory.

3. Chapter 8: Probably because you say screw the desert with the DV points unlike having to slog through it like every other game.

Bottom Birthright

1. Chapter 27: Literally the worst map, just straight up barely anything you can do.

2. Chapter 24: Also the worst map, but gets hated less since it is a really simple 1 turn.

3. Chapter 10: More Ninja's. Worst of the route maps.

Top Revelation

1. Chapter 13: Ice and boats is actually pretty fun.

That is about it in terms of IK maps.

Bottom Revelation

1. Chapter 9: Everyone you got previously is just so useless here for no real reason. Corrin is the only one competent to do anything here.

2. Chapter 10: Complete and total slog

3. Chapter 11: More Ninja's, but adds Elite Ninjas when your units are no where near that power level. No reason for that.

Ok, now that I can recall some of my top and bottom 3 moments in Birthright and Conquest I'll list the ones I can remember in Hard/Casual/Classic.

Top 3 in Birthright/Hoshido:

1) Chapter 12...sure it's an easy map to complete but I took the deliberate effort once to use Priestess Sakura to do me an errand and see if Garon could OHKO her, failed on his part, it required 2 hits. Also, funny competing matches between Takumi and Xander once Xander came right after Takumi, shame I didn't let the match end between them.

2) Chapter 14, sure the map requires some thinking as you have to deal with a few archers but not that hard. Had a close call with Azura facing Charlotte which made me shiver since Azura got RNG screwed on her HP stat hard. Azura never got hit at all by her. Also Ryoma and critical-hitting enemies 90% of the time was funny since I didn't even stat boost or level him up yet. Captured boss with Orochi when she had 40% of hitting.

3) Chapter 25: Time to kill that smug moron who used your younger brother as a toy. That said, I think my Kiragi and Female Kana were on drugs on this chapter. 1-10% Critical-Hit Rates and they actually did critical-hits for the most part. Also, Takumi got his revenge on said bastard. Critical-Hit to the face.

*Bottom 3 in Hoshido:

1) Chapter 10: Good grief...this was the first chapter in the Hoshido route where being debuffed really, really sucks. So many Ninjas spamming Bronze and Iron Shurikens at your poor units which ends up making said units of yours taking more damage than they should. Somehow got through even with those annoying spike traps making my land units taking damage each time my turn began.

2) Chapter 19: Not that bad but this time the reason is my fault. Didn't level up my units evenly and almost lost Felicia and Silas near the end.

3) Endgame: Ok, I knew I got RNG screwed up most of the growths but this is where I really, really wanted the HP growths to be better. Half of my team got growths in all but HP making things hard on me added on top is that some of the same units had poor growths in Defense forcing me to play defensively for the first 5 turns while I could make my way to the boss and avoid losing a single unit.

Top 3 in Nohr:

1) Chapter 8: Not bad but also not too easy, almost underestimated the boss. Forgot about the Shuriken and Sword-users on the map so I took some damage.
2) Chapter 10: Yay, I get two of my favorite characters...on Turn 3 Player Phase Start. Anyhow, smashed the enemies fairly fast using Silas and Corrin respectfully until I actually noticed Takumi nearby. Wary about battle happy samurais and debuffs.
3) Chapter 27: Perhaps one of the chapters that some hate but I like. Mostly due to how I actually planned who would go with who. Fought hard due to enemies getting Attack Stance up so fast.
*Bottom 3 in Nohr:
1) Chapter 10, where to start. Oh I know, Takumi blowing your cover off so you can't take a breather since he'll Dragon Vein those spots to make things more complicated. Also, a pain since your recruited allies in this stage can't really tank his bow hits.
2) Chapter 19, yes that one chapter where those furry foxes trap your units and stall them before they kill you and relieve you of your suffering. I can't even use most of my reclassed flyers because you fiends are so accurate and do bonus damage to beast-type classes which includes mounted units and some flyers. Oh, I hate your critical-hit rate, it's really high for you.
3) Chapter 21: Those golems, I don't care about the Faceless, Xander murdered you with ease. Those golems made me think hard on where to leave my units if I couldn't clear an area for safe keeping.

Edited by Emblem Blade

I've played All Of Birthright and I'm on chapter 18 of Conquest so here are my opinions to that point:

Birthright:

Best:

1. Chapter 14. I'm not sure why. But this was a great fun chapter. I think it's because this was when all my units started to promote and it was an easish place to grind them up but not to the point of mockery as it'd soon become due to those level ups.

2. Chapter 26: It offers some challenge without being stupidily hard. It's actually probably more easy than not. That said something about the melancholy mood of the level makes it special.

3. Paralouge 6: Catching up to Candance was pretty neat and fun. IT added an extra layer of thought into the battle. I liked it.

Worst:

1. Invasion 3. I don't care if it shouldn't count but it's a pile of BS. So many enemies that swarm and not enough bulk on my team. While with Invasion 2 I could hold off on it until I was severely overleveled I couldn't with this one. Furthermore unlike other maps with lots of enemies I could stick the Oboro/Rinkah tank and the Corrin/Whoever tanks to bait everyone. There needs to be 3 fights fought and with a stupid amount of units in the bottom that means that even the best of tanks can get spanked. Not to mention it makes me try to design my castle in ugly ways just to try to win this trash dump. Stupid annoying level.

2. Chapter 21: I have good news and bad news for this map. The good news is I got lucky and got the bridge every single time~ The bad news is this map is still stupid. There's no explaination for why what'll happen will happen , and it's a stupid thing to really deal with. Also lava flooding is annoying. (This chapter really needs better explaination because those DV's confused me in every way. I remember trying to hit them to bring up the lava because I Didn't know what it'd do. I also thought it was supposed to be a game of make bridge than lava over it repeatedly with the DV's. But no. Terrible lack of explaination.)

3.Chapter 24: Another one of those really hard levels. That said it's mainly the start, once it gets going it get easier. Still it's a step up compared to Chapter 23 (Despite what I heard from others I didn't have much of a problem with Chapter 23).

Conquest:

Best:

1. Chapter 12: The potions are really cool. IT added an extra layer to strategy with little BS.

2. Chapter 17: I like the whole pillars and ninjas thing. It was hard but it had some cool stuff going for it. Ninjas are hard but they didn't seem so stupid on this level (somehow) as they do on others.

3. Chapter 15: Really cool concept, really cool level design. SAd because I can't grind my favorites but it's a really cool idea.

Worst:

1. Chapter 19: I'm only 3 turns into this level. I've heard stories about it. But that's not why it's on here.I don't know if the passing and transforming is annoying. Although I do like the thematic virtues of the two mechanics. However this chapter is on here beacuse you have to kill a whole pack of kitsune. This and chapter 15 feel even worse because it's not like these beasts are trying to go to war, they're chilling in their land. It could all be avoided so easily but yet it's not. It's a sad thing.

2. Chapter 7: Ugh, the unit choices are so lame here. It makes it a lot less fun. At least Hoshido had Rinkah in the early game to feed all my time and effort into but hear the best there is besides Corrin is Effie (Because Elise can't battle just yet..), who is alright but not someone to get excited about.

3. Chapter 10: In a way this is one of my favorite levels but also one of my least favorites. It's really hard. Which is good but also annoying and frustrating.

Fun Fact, in Lunatic, in Invasion 3 the Stoneborns have Lunge.

Birthright

Chapter 26. It's just so emotional. The map itself isn't that great, but this map is just the best story segment of the whole game. Doesn't help that I played Conquest first, and that Xander was my MVP. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Chapter 23. This chapter made me use a strategy that's so weird and unusual, but it was such a challenging map, for Birthright. And it has the best map theme in Fates imo.

Chapter 12. Maybe not many liked it, and yeah you can cheese it easily, but the difference between this one and Nohr 21, is who you are running from. Xander can't be killed by anything that's not magic, and like in Conquest he one shots mages. The great knights are really tough, and fliers that aren't careful will be shot down by outlaws.

Bottom

Chapter 18. Leo, you just deserved so much better ;_;. The thing that I didn't like the most in Birthright coming from Conquest, is how easy it is to kill the Nohr siblings and their retainers, since their stats are kinda their Nohr bases, but like 5 chapters later. And leo can die in the first turn since almost anyone can double him and kill him. NotLikeThis.

Chapter 14. Flashbacks from Awakening chapter 19 on Lunatic. Nowhere to run , nowhere to hide. And can't cheese it by just killing the boss.

Chapter 15. WHY DO I HAVE TO KILL MY BRO KEATON. It's just sad because you kill them because of a misunderstanding.

Man, Kitsunes and Wolfskins have the saddest death cries, the game really makes you feel bad on those maps.