Top/Bottom 3 Chapters in Conquest,Birthright or Revelations (Spoilers)

1% critted

Fun Fact, in Lunatic, in Invasion 3 the Stoneborns have Lunge.

Birthright

Chapter 26. It's just so emotional. The map itself isn't that great, but this map is just the best story segment of the whole game. Doesn't help that I played Conquest first, and that Xander was my MVP. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Chapter 23. This chapter made me use a strategy that's so weird and unusual, but it was such a challenging map, for Birthright. And it has the best map theme in Fates imo.

Chapter 12. Maybe not many liked it, and yeah you can cheese it easily, but the difference between this one and Nohr 21, is who you are running from. Xander can't be killed by anything that's not magic, and like in Conquest he one shots mages. The great knights are really tough, and fliers that aren't careful will be shot down by outlaws.

Bottom

Chapter 18. Leo, you just deserved so much better ;_;. The thing that I didn't like the most in Birthright coming from Conquest, is how easy it is to kill the Nohr siblings and their retainers, since their stats are kinda their Nohr bases, but like 5 chapters later. And leo can die in the first turn since almost anyone can double him and kill him. NotLikeThis.

Chapter 14. Flashbacks from Awakening chapter 19 on Lunatic. Nowhere to run , nowhere to hide. And can't cheese it by just killing the boss.

Chapter 15. WHY DO I HAVE TO KILL MY BRO KEATON. It's just sad because you kill them because of a misunderstanding.

Man, Kitsunes and Wolfskins have the saddest death cries, the game really makes you feel bad on those maps.

Stoneborn...with LUNGE, oh dear...now I'm going to have even more nightmares.

Top Conquest

1) Chapter 10. Original, I know. The map is just so good, though, I love the dilemma that defense battles tend to give you: stay fairly tight-knit and risk getting overwhelmed, or spread your units out and risk not having enough options at one station? The turrets are fun to use, the two bottom houses are challenging to get to, and I love how the water draining just makes you scramble to keep things together. It's also a map that forced me to utilize every character I had with very few moves to spare. A very cleverly made level.

2) Chapter 15. The map gimmick here is the best in the game, in my opinion because of how having clones forces you to optimize every little thing you do, even what order you move units that are on separate sides of the map. I think Revelations reuses this gimmick once, but I can't really remember the level right now, it's been since last year.

3) Chapter 24: Playing tug-of-war with the dragon veins with Hinoka was a lot of fun. It took a lot of careful planning to make it through this one without a loss, and I especially enjoyed how Setsuna and Azama are both scary in their own rights, but fairly so. It's like finally an archer miniboss without a cheap 1-2 range bow, and Azama's hexing rod is tricky, but you can bypass it if you take advantage of the dragon veins, or just take it with non-tanks and leave him to sit as an empty threat.

Bottom Conquest

1) Chapter 17. I have a burning hatred for ninjas, and this chapter is nothing but ninjas. Suddenly having a plethora of promoted enemies forced me to promote my units on the spot or else they'd be borderline useless. I hate getting chip-damaged to death and debuffed which is just what they do, and the boss is probably the worst thing I've seen come out of this game. If I had something sturdy enough to tank, they'd get doubled, debuffed, and hit by grisly wound. If I had something fast enough not to get doubled, they'd take way too much damage from just one hit. Even with a weapon triangle advantage, it was a crapshoot whether I'd hit him or not. Spending two hours enduring ninja hell only to get screwed because you keep missing the boss would've made me want to throw the game out the window, I'm just lucky it didn't happen. Also, babysitting Saizo sucks.

2) Chapter 21: The faceless eventually giving no EXP is kind of a slap in the face, especially with the sheer volume of them that end up flooding the place at once and how they chip damage you to death, my favorite thing again. I didn't have any really bulky fliers, so I got stuck for a while until I flew Arthur up to the Stoneborn to finally get rid of them. I hate the Stoneborn, by the way.

3) Chapter 23: I don't dislike that the Snipers have counter or that rally skills are really prevalent in this map or anything like that. I dislike it because it basically forced me to lowman with heavily defensive units due to the fact that there are too often too many dangerous as hell units clustered in groups. Putting anyone out there who isn't a defensive monster is just asking to die because we all know the AI loves to gang up on one guy, and those Snipers have scary crit chances. The part with the stairs was literally just me rallying a few units, sending them up to tank for a turn, bringing them back down to heal, and then repeating. Plus, it's entirely too possible to get RNG screwed by Takumi. Thank god for Percy's personal skill.

I'd do top/bottom for Birthright, but to be honest, very little from Birthright stands out in my mind. The game is just far less memorable than Conquest to me.

Oh, Chapter 21 of Conquest would be much, much worse if said Stoneborn had Dragonskin, Wary Fighter, Counter, Status Immunity and Magic Counter Hard mode and Lunatic. I already had issues with those burning tiles that sapped HP in Birthright but due to the game mechanics in Conquest though...
Conquest Endgame has become my 4th in my Top Chapters in Conquest. Enemies fell to Xander so fast it wasn't even funny. Paladin Xander with Sol, Aegis, Vantage and Speedtaker just smashed anything not named the boss in a few hits.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Honestly I thought 21 was one of the easiest Chapters on Lunatic. I had Effie as a General and with the Brave Lance and she ORKO'd the Stoneborns, while being more or less immortal. Xander and Corncob could ORKO the mooks.

19 was also pretty easy because General Effie can solo it.

If you're having trouble with those Chapters then just "Use More Effie"tm

As I don't have too much time to play these days, I only have played Birthright...

But I can say that I liked

Chpater 23, with Camilla hurting your team every turn in all the map... God, I thought the DV was "1 use only" and seconds later I was like "NONONONONONONONONONO" , make you think in how to use the only safe streets very well. It was very interesting.

Also, I can say I liked the 2 following maps just because I can beat Hanz and Iago until dead LoL

For chapters I don't like...

Rhajat's paralogue... I hate it... I hate it so much!!! Infinite faceless, ugh... It took me a while to notice that the monsters stop appearing until you activate the DV ... The monster aren't that strong, and it actually helped to give some levels to my Orochi, Subaki and Selkie, but... I wanted to finish the chapter fast, and the monsters where forming a konga around my Basara!Kiragi and continue appearing LoL

I've only beat Birthright and not far enough in Conquest, so'Ill only list the former and update later on.

Favorite chapters

Paralogue 3

Granted, it's in all routes but boat chapters are always something to remember. Especially when the boats move around and you have to change your strategies based on that. A shame it's relatively short.

Chapter 19

Not too hard, but the gimmick with the enemies is pretty interesting although all you need to beat them is to take advantage of their over specialization. The design itself was pretty refreshing too, hope that's not the only time you get to use stairs in the game.

Chapter 23

I'll agree with everyone on this thread and say it gives the player a fair challenge. Camilla's dragon vein gets irritating at first but having to plan your movements based on it is clever. The difficulty spikes significantly, but in a way that isn't frustrating...unlike another chapter I'll mention shortly.

Now...my least favorites

Chapter 24+Invasion 3

Since invasions probably don't count as chapters, I figured I'd tie it with 24. Even though Birthright is meant to be the easy route, it is so because you can grind and doesn't require thorough strategies. When the game decides to be hard, it just throws a crapton of enemies at you that rush nearly all at once. So you're forced to pair-up all your characters to avoid countless follow-up attacks and have a guarenteed block. Beyond that, you cross your fingers and hope the RNG likes you.

Chapter 12

You can lame it out by pairing up with a flying unit and beat it in 3 turns, but that would feel cheap and not fun. On the other hand, I can understand why one would rather do that because the alternative is nerve wracking. Having to rush is bad enough as it is, but when you're stuck in narrow pathways it forces you to do things just right with perfect timing until you freeze the ice. And that's only the half of it.

Chapter 15

Unlike the others, that one was so easy it made me wonder if I grinded too much. The enemies aren't even strong and have no variety in their attacks. Plus, storywise it felt like a fight that was easily avoidable and unjustified

...I'm sad that I have more to say about the chapters I hated.

Edited by LeDom

• 8 months later...
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Kirie, November 15, 2016 - necro
Hidden by Kirie, November 15, 2016 - necro

Conquest Top 3 Chapters:

• 3. Chapter 10: With all the mentions, it just doesn't have to be explained. Wanted to do a fast no animations Normal Classic Conquest run, just to see the story, this level showed me that even in Normal, Conquest ain't your regular FE game.
  • 2. Chapter 24: Best Dragon Vein in the game The map gives the "FE6 Sacaen Route" vibe which is something Fire Emblem lost throught the years.
  • 1. Chapter 20: I never thought the "f*cking wind level" people spoke about, would become my facourite level, the way you have to work around Dragon Veins is really fun, dragging opponents to you, repelling enemies from you and avoid getting pulled by the wind.
  • Honorable Mention. Chapter 15: Nice how you have to work in 2 sides, one with your units and the other with the illusions.

Conquest Bottom 3 Chapters:

• 3. Chapter 26: A debuffer who has infinite uses, Stoneborns and enemies that you can't lure unless you attack you go in the middle of them.
  • 2. Chapter 19: The Hint given at the start, doesn't explain anything about how the illusion actually works. You can't attack the Kitsune but they can attack you normally in their turn? CHEAP
  • 1. Chapter 21: It has everything that a FE Fates player hate: STONEBORNS, RESPAWNING FACELESS and ENEMIES GIVING NO EXP. Nuff said.
  • Honorable Mention. Chapter 17: Because Ninjas can't be Double Attacked (Most of times), Ninjas Debuff you, Ninjas have 1-2 range. And the level is full of NInjas.

Birthright Top 3 Chapters:

• 3. Chapter 19: Cool design, stairs make you take decisions about the speciality of each class and assignated each different class to a diferent part of the map, a fun gimmick, gave you move freedom and you have to be careful about how yoy moved your units after the taking the stairs
  • 2. Chapter 24: Hans die. nuff said
  • 1. Paralogue 14: Funny how my favourite Birthright level has one of the things I hate the most: RESPAWNING FACELESS I think this is tied with a FE Radiant Dawn level that I cleared in 2 hours and 50 minutes as the longest FE level I've ever played. The Faceless just don't stop respawning, you have to cleverly use one of the royals to get the Dragon Vein, otherwise you're dead (I cleared this before getting Ryoma) Faceless with different "Breaker" abilities, makes them no joke, but the best part of this game is that includes the best OST from FE Awakening. 100000 POINTS FOR NOSTALGIA. (I actually messed up and let the Faceless swarm the whole level, but I had a lot of almost full growths so I didn't want to waste them)
  • Honorable Mention. Chapter 17: FLORA NO!!!!!

Birthright Bottom 3 Chapters:

• 3. Chapter 7: WAY TOO EASY.
  • 2. Chapter 21: This level showed how horrible those hellspawns called "STONEBORNS" are. Your movement gets hindered, the lava chugs your HP, you can't get close to the Stoneborns they hit hard, they have a relatively high chance of hit and no matter how you attack them, they'll always counter attack.
  • 1. Chapter 23: A lot of people liked this level, but I hate when Fire Emblem spikes difficulty by using something as cheap as a Dragon Vein that hits all your units, is just not fun.
  • Honorable Mention. Paralogue 7: Shiro being attack by promoted enemies while being unpromoted (in my case) the only way I cleared this, was by getting RNG blessed with Shito evading those damn 70% and 80% chance of hit attacks.

Noticed the pattern? Every level I hate has STONEBORNS. DAMN STONEBORNS.

Haven't played Revelation yet, I'll update later.

Edited by Chuchuca
Posted · Hidden by Kirie, November 15, 2016 - necro
Hidden by Kirie, November 15, 2016 - necro

Conquest Top 3 Chapters:

• 3. Chapter 10: With all the mentions, it just doesn't have to be explained. Wanted to do a fast no animations Normal Classic Conquest run, just to see the story, this level showed me that even in Normal, Conquest ain't your regular FE game.
  • 2. Chapter 24: Best Dragon Vein in the game The map gives the "FE6 Sacaen Route" vibe which is something Fire Emblem lost throught the years.
  • 1. Chapter 20: I never thought the "f*cking wind level" people spoke about, would become my facourite level, the way you have to work around Dragon Veins is really fun, dragging opponents to you, repelling enemies from you and avoid getting pulled by the wind.
  • Honorable Mention. Chapter 15: Nice how you have to work in 2 sides, one with your units and the other with the illusions.

Conquest Bottom 3 Chapters:

• 3. Chapter 26: A debuffer who has infinite uses, Stoneborns and enemies that you can't lure unless you attack you go in the middle of them.
  • 2. Chapter 19: The Hint given at the start, doesn't explain anything about how the illusion actually works. You can't attack the Kitsune but they can attack you normally in their turn? CHEAP
  • 1. Chapter 21: It has everything that a FE Fates player hate: STONEBORNS, RESPAWNING FACELESS and ENEMIES GIVING NO EXP. Nuff said.
  • Honorable Mention. Chapter 17: Because Ninjas can't be Double Attacked (Most of times), Ninjas Debuff you, Ninjas have 1-2 range. And the level is full of NInjas.

Birthright Top 3 Chapters:

• 3. Chapter 19: Cool design, stairs make you take decisions about the speciality of each class and assignated each different class to a diferent part of the map, a fun gimmick, gave you move freedom and you have to be careful about how yoy moved your units after the taking the stairs
  • 2. Chapter 24: Hans die. nuff said
  • 1. Paralogue 14: Funny how my favourite Birthright level has one of the things I hate the most: RESPAWNING FACELESS I think this is tied with a FE Radiant Dawn level that I cleared in 2 hours and 50 minutes as the longest FE level I've ever played. The Faceless just don't stop respawning, you have to cleverly use one of the royals to get the Dragon Vein, otherwise you're dead (I cleared this before getting Ryoma) Faceless with different "Breaker" abilities, makes them no joke, but the best part of this game is that includes the best OST from FE Awakening. 100000 POINTS FOR NOSTALGIA. (I actually messed up and let the Faceless swarm the whole level, but I had a lot of almost full growths so I didn't want to waste them)
  • Honorable Mention. Chapter 17: FLORA NO!!!!!

Birthright Bottom 3 Chapters:

• 3. Chapter 7: WAY TOO EASY.
  • 2. Chapter 21: This level showed how horrible those hellspawns called "STONEBORNS" are. Your movement gets hindered, the lava chugs your HP, you can't get close to the Stoneborns they hit hard, they have a relatively high chance of hit and no matter how you attack them, they'll always counter attack.
  • 1. Chapter 23: A lot of people liked this level, but I hate when Fire Emblem spikes difficulty by using something as cheap as a Dragon Vein that hits all your units, is just not fun.
  • Honorable Mention. Paralogue 7: Shiro being attack by promoted enemies while being unpromoted (in my case) the only way I cleared this, was by getting RNG blessed with Shito evading those damn 70% and 80% chance of hit attacks.

Noticed the pattern? Every level I hate has STONEBORNS. DAMN STONEBORNS.

Haven't played Revelation yet, I'll update later.

Thank the creators that the Stoneborn don't have the skill variation of Toxic Brew (Stoneborn have a unique variation where if they MANAGE to hit you, your unit becomes immobile and loses 20 Avoid until the end of your next turn [if they hit you on Enemy Phase] or until the end if their upcoming turn [you got hit on your turn]). Because Wary Fighter + Skill variation of Toxic Brew + Stoneborn = Afflicted units can only watch and hope that the enemy misses your immobile units so they can move on their turn to retreat to heal. Also, AI Stoneborn apparently love to gang up on a unit who becomes immobile if they can enter the attack range.

In Paralogue 7...Shiro = FE Fates Ver. Leeroy Jenkins. The dumb boy literally rushes into the enemy movement areas starting on Turn 2-3 of Other Phase. If you played your resources right, better hope that those Rescue Staves aren't used up or you'll be sending Ryoma to his son via a Flyer (be wary of Heros and Zerkers who hit hard).

I can make at a few map comparisons/similarities in FE:RD that match Paralogue 14 for respawning mooks that you want to be way about:

3-6: First off it's a fog of war until you have a unit in the area (in which the fog around you goes away but you probably ran into some Beast Laguz who will gang up and try to kill your unit unless said unit of yours has Resolve equipped). Second, the Beast Laguz will come running out of the fog in any direction and swarm you. Saving grace outside of properly leveling your units is BK but that's it since your ally Halberdiers aren't always smart and the AI healer(s) tend to rush to a weakened (or not very weakened) units side to heal them when it's not needed which makes them more prone if enemies can rush to their side.

3-13 (known semi-well or very well for a certain AI ally): No enemy must cross that one line or you fail the mission. Beast Laguz can be walled by the likes of Generals and Halberdiers with Bishops healing and Snipers AoE and crit spamming Beast Laguz and Bird Laguz. Well most of the quest if you leveled up Laura, Aran, Nolan, Eddy and Tauroneo equally to Tier 2 (or Tier 3 on Easy) and Micaiah has good stats as a Tier 2 Light Sage (Purge + Physic) makes things easy. Laura can heal (or attack from behind your defenses) while Aran and Tauroneo wall and beat back Beast Laguz and Eddy and Nolan take down weakened enemies. Of course the Bird Laguz will try to avoid fighting your allies (and your units) just to get into that area where you don't want them to end up on). However, near Turn 5 (I think), enemy Laguz not only spawn from near Enemy AI Ike but for one time on each of the left and right side areas of your map making things a bit more crazy and scary as you get attacked from three positions. 3 Turns from the end of the mission, the Greil Mercenaries (who you know are pretty much the strongest team of the three non-Laguz Armies) start moving as well towards your 'protected area'. Ike will most likely double every unit you have (ditto on Mia) while Shinon (possibly Rolf) start critting your weakened units. If Soren happens to have a Bolting, Meteor or Blizzard with him, things can get sour.

Endgame Part 2: Showtime! Ike vs. Black Knight (the two fight each other alone although you can support boost if you are very close to your support buddy). Just make sure that you capped your HP, Str, Skl, Spd and Def on Ike and probably capped his Lck since BK does a lot of damage per crit. Thankfully Ike has Nihil so you won't get Eclipse'd of course you can't Aether the BK either. Enemies on the other side of the map (not the mini-boss) will continuously respawn (I believe) during the end of your Phase after a set number of turns so use them for exp. fodder (Kurth needs it).

Endgame Part 3: Well, good luck with this part even though one weapon per unit gets blessed. Respawning Dragon Laguz starting from at least Turn 3 (I forgot what Turn they stop respawning) and they respawn at a set interval in Turns. Red Dragons being physically imposing to fragile units while White Dragons pose a threat to you tanks (who are mostly physical and suffer from bad Resistance). The boss loves to AoE at certain Turns which hits hard for every tile closer you are to the boss which increases pressure as you literally fight through each mook and hope you can heal before he AoEs again. Speaking of the boss (Dheginsea), he's possibly a bit harder than any other boss in-game when not factoring other obstacles (Final Boss Ashera is just as bad since she's pure Magic and as before, most units hate being hit on their bad Resistance side). 100 HP, 50 Str and Def, 36 Skl, 30 Spd and Lck and 46 Res makes him a monsterous tank oh and he has SS-Rank in his specified weapon which gives him 75 Attack and about 170 or so Hit before other Tide buffers and that tends to punch a big hole in anything but Marshalls and Sentinels (and Ike) who tend to be 3-HKOd by the big guy, and most Laguz units of yours range from being 2-3 HKOd as well. Said boss also has the Boss-exclusive skill (not including Sephy who you can get on your second playthrough on the same file) called Mantle which negates your crits and offensive skills (including Counter) and heals him by his Lck stat at the start of the Enemy Phase (so 30 HP regen at the start of Enemy Phase) plus his Mastery Skill, Ire tends to spell doom to all but your toughest Beast Laguz who can survive with about 5-10 HP at full HP when hit. OH and watch out for RNG screwing you up by letting mooks hit you with Hit Rates that are below 60%, heal accordingly to minimize damage crisis. [This is the only reason why I bothered using Ilyana/ilyana in each save file and I'm not going to explain why because this is already long.'