From a Design Standpoint, Who do you Like Best?

Selena4Lyfe

This is a pretty self-explanatory thread title. From the Nohrian and/or Hoshidoan rosters, who do you think has the best visual designs? Your reasonings are all your own, and any reasoning is welcome. Whether you have fashion experience like Oboro, have an eye for cute things/people like Soleil and Hana, like badassness like Takumi and Selena (quota half-complete), or you like the meme-launchers, like Ryoma, feel perfectly free to share!

I'll be creating an actual poll for this post-topic-launch when I get time for it, likely tomorrow morning, but I wanted to at least get some of y'alls thoughts prior, 'cause I've not completed half of either line, and I can't hope to recall their names off-hand. lol

As for me, personally, I'm currently stuck with a tie on the Hoshidoan roster between Oboro and Hinoka. Something about Hinoka just screams of a sorta tomboyish, knuckle-busting, pegesus-mounting badass. She's like a swift storm on that friggin' flying horse, and it's actually funny how many foes she can take on early-game while using that Guard Naginata, and I'm getting off topic. With Oboro... Come on, you've seen her, her outfit, and her skill with the spear!

(Dude, her animations are totally generic-)

I don't care, she makes it look friggin' good! Something about her increases the already dexterous class of spear fighter to an art form! And the orange/black color scheme simply works because contrasting-colors. Almost feels like a symbolic color scheme, like the bright flame of her passion and rageful fury manages to overshadow the dark shroud of her past which fuels that fire...

Selena, you've got some mad competition, hun.

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xander, hands down

Hes stupidly attractive and bamf looking.

So many characters look great.

Nohr Side:

Odin

The Nohr Sibs

Niles

Peri

Benny

Charlotte

Velouria

Ignatius

Ophelia

Hoshido Side:

Sakura

Ryoma

Oboro

Setsuna (too bad her character stinks)

Hana

Selkie

Kaden

Orochi

Neutrals:

Jakob

Flora

Sophie

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

It would be easier to mention the character models I don't like, but if we gotta play favorites, it's Oboro for me. The color scheme works well and I love Japanese style clothing. Smugboro is the best boro.

Honorable mentions to Kinu and Midoriko for clothing as well.

Rinkah

Arthur

Xander

Selena and Soleil(for some reason I like the merc outfits on them more than Laslow)

Azura(Nohr "perfect disguise" outfit especially)

Reina

There are few designs I dislike but these are my favorites

Without putting too much thought into it, I'd say Benny, Ophelia, Keaton, and Shigure. Maybe Kagerou, too.

I honestly don't like most of the Hoshidans that much, and none of the royals are particularly aesthetically pleasing to me either.

None of the Nohr characters sans Elise and Silas are any good to me.

Hoshido has a whole bunch of great designs though! Ryoma's especially. :3

Just curious, what do you not like about the Nohr characters?

I love Xander's design. He has a really regal look to him that just fits perfectly. That and his sword is really cool looking. Ryoma's design is pretty cool, though I think the face thing is a little too much. Corrin's armor kind of grew on me as time went on, and Smash Bros really helped with that. I love the new Hero design, probably one of the best armor designs in the series, I just wish the helm was in the accessory shop. I like how Selena and Laslow have that traditional leather vest that was worn in medieval times. I also really like Sakura's design, sometimes simple is the best way to go. Hinoka is the same way, the simplicity of her design is nice as well.

Overall my favorites are probably Xander, Laslow, Azura, Sakura, and Hinoka.

Both Ryoma and Xander grabbed my attention during the first trailer with their fight with each other. Ryoma esp because I'm into dudes with really long hair. Tsubaki is worth mentioning in that regard, as well.

Rinkah is everything I wanted in a female design. Oboro is super well-done too.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I gotta say Niles' design grabbed me from the moment he was introduced in Famitsu. I believe my tag on tumblr when I first saw him was #LOOK AT HIM #LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL MAN.

Obligatory: Saizo's is mad too, definitely one of my favourites.

I love Reina's, Flora's, Xander's, Shiro's, Setsuna's and Ashura's, too. AND HOW COULD I FORGET PERCY?

But my favourite would have to be Niles.

Tie between Joker​ Jakob and Oboro. I absolutely LOVE the Butler animations, and I also love the Lance Fighter animations as well. As for the characters themselves, Jakob's design, while plain, is still very fantastic, and Oboro's color scheme and hair just work so well together. I would marry Oboro again, as I married her in my first playthrough, but I ended up missing out on a child cause derp.

As a side note, while I love the Butler animations, I HATE having the class on Corn. I just don't like how Corn's crit lines (Note: I use the Barb (Killer) Shuriken A LOT, plus Death Blow) don't particularly fit the gracefulness of the Butler class. I mean, it's a horrible class option from my Asset and Flaw anyways, I just wanted Tomebreaker.

Honorable Mentions: Flora in general.

Felicia because bias.

Other than that, Kamui's whole entourage (Joker, Gunter, the twins) has some of the best designs, imo. I also love the look of the Mercenary class in this game, and I think Luna in particular rocks it. I might just prefer Nohr's aesthetic over Hoshido, though I think the Hoshido royals are better-looking than the Nohr royals.

Rinkah

Arthur

Xander

Selena and Soleil(for some reason I like the merc outfits on them more than Laslow)

Azura(Nohr "perfect disguise" outfit especially) <Bolded by Selena4Lyfe>

Reina

There are few designs I dislike but these are my favorites

It's the song and dance that sells it.

Ophelia

All three Mercenaries. The outfit is sooooo good in this game.

Beruka

And uh... Velouria.

Edit: and oborororororo

Edited by Ebony

Well then:

-Anna

-Azura

-Beruka

-Nina

-Flora

-Keaton

-Forrest