From a Design Standpoint, Who do you Like Best?

Selena4Lyfe

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the designs for all of the eight of the royal siblings. If I were to choose one for each side, it would be Xander for Nohr and Sakura for Hoshido.

As for the other characters, they all have at least something in their design that I like but to choose favorites is a difficult process to me. There has to be something in a character's design that continuously brings it to the forefront of my mind. With that stated, my favorite character designs (other than the royal siblings) are Arthur, Odin, Niles, Setsuna, Hinata, Hana and Sumeragi.

Now, for Sumeragi, I have to say he pulls off the samurai look very well--maybe even more so than his son (who I love very much). He also has that lovely mustache and goatee combo that reminds me vaguely of Koei's depiction of Nobunaga Oda, which gets him several bonus points because he reminds me of Nobunaga's Ambition and Samurai Warriors.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Female Nohr: Camilla (surprise, surprise).

Her hair is lovely, she has a nice figure (tall and curvy), her crown is really cute, and her armor is pretty cool looking. I actually think that the "battle panties" look neat on her due to the fact that she has armor and cloth on her hips and thighs. It really manages to pull the outfit together.

The runner up would be Elise. She looks like an adorable gothic lolita.

Male Nohr: Leo. I love the black armor that the Nohr siblings all wear very much, and I think that Leo manages to wear it the best. I'm also a big fan of his hairstyle.

Inigo still looks great in this game too (he was my favorite male design for Awakening).

Female Hoshido: Hmm, I suppose I would pick Hana because I'm a big fan of her outfit (I think her face is a bit too plain looking though).

Selkie also has a nice design.

Male Hoshido: None. I'm just not a big fan of any of the male characters in terms of design for Hoshido. :/

They all either look kind of plain or have certain things that I hate about their design.

None of the all path characters impress me much in terms of design (as much as I like Jakob).

I find myself completely underwhelmed by the designs of this game. I think they're either bad/ugly, have far too much going on, meh or that they're simply not made to appeal to people like me, like maids and fox people.

That said, I do like Sakura, Oboro and Velour's design, and probably the latter's the most. I might come across as a hypocrite since I said I didn't like the foxes, but I like Velour IN SPITE of that bloody tail and ears, not because of it.

The ones I like the least are Elise, Orochi, Camilla, Ryouma and Effie's conspicuous lack of pants.

I have to go with Shigure. I've been in love with the Pegasus warrior armor since I first saw it and his entire design really goes well with it. I like Caeldori too, but that's mostly because I love her with Kagero's hair in her Live2D thing.

Benny. They finally managed to design a soldier who looks like a disciplined killer.

Scarlet because for once they didn't fanservice a suit of female armor outside of the knight class.

I like the twins too but that's probably because I like the maids in general, although a maid outfit is easy enough to design well so I'm not sure they deserve mentioning.

Female Corrin's armor is good, but the male counterpart is still too androgynous. I feel like they needed to make it look a little more masculine to balance against how feminine they made the female version.

Kilma is just plain lazy. He's just the Second Hokage. He even still uses water/ice jutsu.

Saizo. That guy looks like a fucking boss. Love it.

Ryoma is a close second. Also badass.

There are more i like but these two are just on another level.

Edit: Kagero is also badass. Huh, looks like i love Ryoma's gang.

Edited by BruceLee

I love the people coming here to bitch. And it baffles me that the would hate so much of/all of the designs. You hate the designs you hate the characters you hate the supports. Fuck man, why are you playing? So you can bitch more?

I love the people coming here to bitch. And it baffles me that the would hate so much of/all of the designs. You hate the designs you hate the characters you hate the supports. Fuck man, why are you playing? So you can bitch more?

And yet here you are, bitching about people bitching about things they feel the need to bitch about.

64927366.jpg

Even if what you say is true, there's one thing you didn't mention there: gameplay. And God forbid someone criticise a game and engage in discourse about its weaker points while simultaneously enjoying it for what it is. Geez man, you're acting like in order to like a game you have to absolutely love and accept everything about it.

On-topic, however, I gotta add that I love certain parts of a lot of designs while disliking others. I love Camilla's face and hair, for example, but her armour design befuddles and frustrates me. I love Ryoma's armour and colour scheme, but his hair and slightly overdesigned flourishes are a bit too much for me. I like Azama's design, except his hair (seriously, what shampoo does most of Hoshido use?). The list goes on.

Stop bitching.

Saizo. That guy looks like a fucking boss. Love it.

Yes. Totally agree with this guy. He wins the internet.

But seriously, Saizo aside (because he looks like he would straight up cut a b*tch), I really like Female Corrin's Nohr armor for Black Blood (or whatever the English name was...). Seriously hot as hell and badass looking all at the same time. Male looks cool too, just not as cool.

I like Xander with his god weapon when he strikes at range (black/red beam for the win) and anyone reclassed into Dread Fighter (but especially Niles - white hair + eye patch totally works for that class) because the animations and design for it were epic.

I also like the design of Dark Knights. I would say "especially Leo", but I can't actually remember how his horsey armor is different from generic class. It's just generally cool.

I also like Elise and her ponytails. Because... she's a precious cinnamon roll. I dunno - I got nothin'. >.>

On-topic, however, I gotta add that I love certain parts of a lot of designs while disliking others. I love Camilla's face and hair, for example, but her armour design befuddles and frustrates me.

Gosh I love Camilla from the shoulders up, but it gets mixed the further down you go. That hair, those horns, that voice.... YAS.

If she wore the standard Revenant Knight pants, we'd be married already. The one incest pairing that I'll ship.

Edited by NekoKnight

Quick question, what's up with the horns? Even without the obvious, Camilla's armor just looks so uncomfortable, like she'd be choking, and the honrs just...I'unno, makes her look like Kinu.

Quick question, what's up with the horns? Even without the obvious, Camilla's armor just looks so uncomfortable, like she'd be choking, and the honrs just...I'unno, makes her look like Kinu.

The horns are...well, have you heard of the Cowmilla joke?

EDIT: In case you haven't, here's the link

http://jokerthebutler.tumblr.com/tagged/cowmilla-tho

Edited by Phillius

Yes. Totally agree with this guy. He wins the internet.

But seriously, Saizo aside (because he looks like he would straight up cut a b*tch)

Saizo basically has two designs. Mask on to destroy fools, mask off to destroy pussy.

Saizo one of best designs at least for me

The moment i first laid eyes on him i already knew he was dat guy.

The horns are...well, have you heard of the Cowmilla joke?

EDIT: In case you haven't, here's the link

http://jokerthebutler.tumblr.com/tagged/cowmilla-tho

Hey, they succeeded because that's what I thought the first time I saw her.

Good to know that they publically let everyone know that they just don't respect their own characters though.

The variety in character design is something I've always loved about Fire Emblem, and Kozaki's work in Fates and Awakening is no exception... I think Fates has some of the best in terms of overall variety and character that's told purely through visuals, especially for the women and especially especially in Hoshido. Oboro, Setsuna, and Orochi all have such distinctive faces, and buff-as-hell Rinkah is hard not to admire for her pure rippedness.

I think overall I like Oboro the best in terms of design, her expressions are great and my eye likes her complimentary colors.

Also, Arthur. How can you not love Captain America

I'll be honest. Based on design alone, I can't say I hate anyone in this game as I think the designs range from okay to really good. This game may have its share of problems, but character design is something they got for the most part right this time around.

I have soft spots for Camilla and Kagero, both really gorgeous women with a mysterious air in their faces. I absolutely love Nina's design, with the braids that look really cute on her. Velouria is simply adorable, and I also like Soleil and Ophelia.

I agree on most that has been said on Xander and Saizo, and probably minority opinion, but I also like Benny's design a lot. I feel they completely nailed the "Tough on the outside but soft on the inside" look.