From a Design Standpoint, Who do you Like Best?

Selena4Lyfe

One thing I'm not thrilled about is the relative lack of hair color variety.... It's definitely a nitpick, but there are quite a few people with that kinda pale blue hair color, and TONS of blondies especially on the Nohr side of things. I get that blond is a european (thus, Nohrian) thing and Japan loves blondes, but a little more variety might have been nice. Still, it's very much just a nitpick.

I agree on most that has been said on Xander and Saizo, and probably minority opinion, but I also like Benny's design a lot. I feel they completely nailed the "Tough on the outside but soft on the inside" look.

I 100% agree, actually. Benny's smile melts my heart.

Edited by BANRYU

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I'm not thrilled about is the relative lack of hair color variety.... It's definitely a nitpick, but there are quite a few people with that kinda pale blue hair color, and TONS of blondies especially on the Nohr side of things. I get that blond is a european (thus, Nohrian) thing and Japan loves blondes, but a little more variety might have been nice. Still, it's very much just a nitpick.

I 100% agree, actually. Benny's smile melts my heart.

There is exactly one green haired character in game and he can't pass it to anyone. You can't have a green haired Midoriko unless it's via Kamui. *rage*

There is exactly one green haired character in game and he can't pass it to anyone. You can't have a green haired Midoriko unless it's via Kamui. *rage*

I KNOOWWWW. No green-haired ladies? What is this!? No WONDER I can't commit to anyone!

I actually really like Takumi design wise (as well as everything else about him). The colours flow pretty well, and I can't imagine him without that pineapple ponytail. I love that deer skirt on him.

The only thing that's mildly detracting are the poofy pants.

Other than that: Xander, Leo, Hinoka, Azura, Niles, don't know if I can count Selena (since she is from Awakening), Rinka, Reina and some others I forget. Most designs are well done.

I KNOOWWWW. No green-haired ladies? What is this!? No WONDER I can't commit to anyone!

You can blame it on Takumi Kozaki; he's not a fan of green colored hair so that tends to be the hair color he uses the least often.

As for designs, Hinoka, Oboro, Sakura, Hana, Velouria, and Setsuna stand out to me among the ladies. For males, there's Laslow, and because of meme status, Takumi and Ryoma.

The variety in character design is something I've always loved about Fire Emblem, and Kozaki's work in Fates and Awakening is no exception... I think Fates has some of the best in terms of overall variety and character that's told purely through visuals, especially for the women and especially especially in Hoshido. Oboro, Setsuna, and Orochi all have such distinctive faces, and buff-as-hell Rinkah is hard not to admire for her pure rippedness.

I think overall I like Oboro the best in terms of design, her expressions are great and my eye likes her complimentary colors.

Also, Arthur. How can you not love Captain America

Yet Rinkah has a weaker Strength growth than even Sakura. Hence the painted-on abs joke. Sure, it's only a 5% difference, but still.

As far as the Nohr side, I'm stuck in yet another tie, this time a 3-way one between Selena, Soleil, and Beruka.

The Nohrian Mercenary design is simply delicious, and I believe I'm already on record in saying that Selena (and Soleil as well) work the design very well (Especially with Soleil and Selena's red hair :^_^:). As for Beruka... Assassin. Emotionally removed. All-black garb. Probably could strike fear into the hearts of Ninja. I'm sure those reasons are plenty sufficient.

Oh, and going back to Hoshido, I kinda like Orochi's design as well. Her sprite makes me think she's a purple-haired Minnie Mouse. xD And her Onmyogi outfit is (pun kinda intended) divine. ^_^

Quick side-bar, has anyone else found it funny that Orochi's diviner design shows the slightest bit of ass-crack, yet that has not been at all censored (to my knowledge) while the illustration of Tharja's ass-crack in Awakening's DLC received a humorous (if still unneeded) towl-censoring? lol

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

There some good designs and a fair number of dumb designs in this game but the two that really stand out for me are the deisgn of the mercenary class, it looks so down to earth and comfortable to wear, and Velour, I thought her whole little red riding hood and wolf motif was pretty clever

On the Nohrian side:

Laslow

Odin

Leo

Camilla

Soleil

On the Hoshidan side:

Subaki

Shiro

Takumi

Kagero

Orochi

...I literally think I'm the only person who doesn't find Xander attractive. IMO he just looks so old and serious.

Edited by Dollysama

Saizo basically has two designs. Mask on to destroy fools, mask off to destroy pussy.

I'm dying. Thank you.

I was so excited to use her until I saw she had green eyebrows with her white hair. It's atrocious. It's only in her character portrait, but it drives me so crazy that she was benched after her recruitment chapter. Ugh.

Also, shout out to a lot of the generic enemy designs. I tip my hat to Adventurers in particular.

Yet Rinkah has a weaker Strength growth than even Sakura. Hence the painted-on abs joke. Sure, it's only a 5% difference, but still.

She has the lowest strength of any melee character barring Gunter who is a Jeigan. Some of the mages have better strength than her.

Luckily Thor found a way to make her good, because you can't pass up on that design.

I was so excited to use her until I saw she had green eyebrows with her white hair. It's atrocious. It's only in her character portrait, but it drives me so crazy that she was benched after her recruitment chapter. Ugh.

Some hair colors contrast with her eyebrows more than others. I've found that Camilla's hair matches well with Midoriko's purple eyes.

Edited by NekoKnight

My list won't include the children characters, as I haven't gotten any of them on Conquest, (can't be bothered to either :P). The list will go in order of recruitment.

Birthright

- Rinkah

- Tsuabki

- Hana

- Saizou

- Orochi

- Hinoka

- Oboro

- Takumi

- Kagerou

- Yuugiri

- Nishiki

- Ryouma

- Crimson

Conquest

- Elise

- Effie

- Arthur

- Beruka

- Flannel

- Leon

- Flora

Shared Characters

- Felicia

- Jakob

- Kaze

- Silas

- Anna

This is all based specifically off of their character designs and not promotions. I would throw Kamui in there but the male's designs are ok while the female's thigh holes don't do it for me.

I just thought of something that's been sort of irking me. Is Azura's undergarments attached to her thigh stocking? Like, I know it seems kind of perverted but I've been trying to look and see just how that whole thing works while in the Accessory Store.

I don't care if a fictional character is a boy or a girl, scantily clad or modestly clad--I have no qualms in trying to the various methods in figuring out just how their outfit functions. It just bothers me until I can figure it out. LOL. I like seeing how outfits tie together.

I have my perverted tendencies but I swear this is for research only.

I like Laslow because Inigo was my favourite Awakening Kid and they made him an even better character here.

Im a fan of the Black/Gold combination so I gotta say I like Xander & Camilla's designs a lot. I also like Velouria's hood and motif a lot.

For Hoshidan units, I like Basaras, Ryouma, Shiro, Saizou and Orochi the most. Shame Im not a fan of Onmyoji's design, what with the detached sleeves and all...

As for generic units, I like Heroes, Adventurers Sorcs & Witches the most. Ballistician's tank is amazing too.

Honurable mention for Dread Fighter, only because generics dont exist.

Hoshido: Takumi, Sakura, Hana, Oboro, Hinoka, Setsuna, Mitama, Selkie and to an extent Kaden.

I dislike Ryoma, Saizo, RHAJAT, Asugi, and Azama's designs. ( Azama i just hate as a character overall so that doesn't matter)

Nohr: Royal siblings, Peri, Selena, Effie, Forrest, Soleil, Percy and Ophelia.

I just thought of something that's been sort of irking me. Is Azura's undergarments attached to her thigh stocking? Like, I know it seems kind of perverted but I've been trying to look and see just how that whole thing works while in the Accessory Store.

I don't care if a fictional character is a boy or a girl, scantily clad or modestly clad--I have no qualms in trying to the various methods in figuring out just how their outfit functions. It just bothers me until I can figure it out. LOL. I like seeing how outfits tie together.

I have my perverted tendencies but I swear this is for research only.

I think her stocking and panties are one and the same garment, yes. You can see it in "Dark Song" at least twice.

I think her stocking and panties are one and the same garment, yes. You can see it in "Dark Song" at least twice.

Thank you, friend. The mystery has been resolved. It also means I need to pay better attention to the cut scenes.