From a Design Standpoint, Who do you Like Best?

Selena4Lyfe

Xander grabbed my attention the instant I saw him because he has that Camus appeal (dat pretty blond hair and dat shiny black armor, plus being a Paladin). His color scheme is really pleasing to look at (black/purple combination with golden outlines), and he has a glowy big sword with a unique design... I think I would put it alongside Ragnell/Alondite as my favorite swords in FE. That and Raijin To, which leads me to...

Ryoma, he also had my attention the first moment I saw him in the trailer. I love that long white coat, the crazy porcupine hair and the thunder katana. He looks like a real badass. I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion but I like his lobster armor.

Saizo has a good design that matches his personality surprisingly well. I think he has a funny haircut (mullet + undercut + cowlick) but I somehow love it a lot. Plus, the Bane mask and dem muscles. He's also my favorite Hoshidan male and one of the best Fates characters overall for me, I know it's off topic to say that but the guy is just so great.

I love Takumi's pineapple haircut even though I'm usually not into guys with long hair. His Fujin Yumi is my 2nd favorite weapon next to Siegfried. Oboro has a smug face which caught my attention since her reveal, but her overall outfit is great as well, the orange/dark blue color scheme is unique (to me) and is quite visually appealing. And that's saying a lot because I generally find orange to be disgusting.

Camilla is one attractive girl herself but I would like her design better if she have worn more armor or at least not being dressed like a stripper.

Honorable mention to the puffy mercenary outfits, which is what Selena and Laslow wear.

There are more that I like but those are probably the ones that stand out the most for me.

EDIT: Huh, I consider myself a filthy Nohrmie yet this list has a bit more Hoshidan characters than the Nohr ones.

Edited by RidellCrimea

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoshidans: Kaze, Hana, Hinoka, Asama, Hinata, Kaden, Midori, Shiro, Selkie, Mitama.

Nohrians: Elise, Niles, Peri, Charlotte, Selena, Keaton, Flora, Xander, Leo, Sophie, Velouria, Soleil, Nina, Ophelia.

Also: New Anna is smokin, and female Kanna is adorable.

• I agree with the above that I love the new mercenary outfit; it somehow combines a nice style with vaguely practical padded armour. Even though Selena gives me a slight eye-twitch, because it seems incorrect to have my daughter be a red-head (blonde twintails are the only correct choice, leave the red for your sister, Severa!).
  • I also like the new Swordsmaster design. Pretty badass. Oh, and the Sorcerer; something about those black wings is awesome despite the stripperificness. The latter is actually quite unusual for me; I've never actually been too interested in Dark Mages.
  • I immediately fell in love with Hana when we saw her in the first trailer. Same when Peri's design was first revealed in the retainer magazine preview article. My waifus for this game were decided quite early!! There have been times when later data became available that Selkie and Ophelia were also considered though (either one of them, or Anna, will likely be the Revelations waifu).
  • Frankly I always thought that Ryouma looks like Phoenix Wright cosplaying as the Steel Samurai. :D
  • Similarly, always thought Sakura looks stoned. Considering that Elise is raw unprocessed diabetes filled to bursting with a dripping kawaii filling (that sounds filthy lol!), she never really seemed much competition in the imouto-runnings; but then I guess some people like that derpy deer-in-the-headlights look I guess.

My first reaction to Saizou was "holy crap he's cute". Turns out clipsey was right~!

Ahem. . .

On Hoshido's side, it's the male Ninja class (sooo. . .that's a lot of people). Hisame, for reasons I can't quite pin down (even if he looks really bad with green hair).

On Nohr's side, Nyx looks intimidating despite her youthful appearance, which is why I like her. Beruka also gets my vote, for actually looking like some sort of Nohrian secret service agent. Benny looks like he'll kick ass and take names, and I like that in my units~!

On the neutral side, it's the Dread Fighters.

Orochi, Rinka, Selkie, Velouria and Hinata have my favourite designs they they just seem really unique (I also really like Corrin's design tbh).

Edited by Meiyu

Ryoma, he also had my attention the first moment I saw him in the trailer. I love that long white coat, the crazy porcupine hair and the thunder katana. He looks like a real badass. I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion but I like his lobster armor.

After drawing it like 10 times I really appreciate the lobster armor more and more--I mean I liked it already to start with, but I'm really appreciating its details. The floof is really fun once I figured out how exactly it works.

From a design standpoint ? Well...

Hoshidans : Hana, all the royals, Kaden, Hisame, Caeldori

Nohrians : Leo, Laslow, Serena, Arthur, Benny

Both : Silas, Kaze, Sophie, Midori

I agree on most that has been said on Xander and Saizo, and probably minority opinion, but I also like Benny's design a lot. I feel they completely nailed the "Tough on the outside but soft on the inside" look.

Benny is my husbando and i decided such long before release, for this particular reason. He just...he looks amazing. I even like his upset or annoyed portraits a lot.

...I literally think I'm the only person who doesn't find Xander attractive. IMO he just looks so old and serious.

Well, he tends to hit the buttons for people who a bit older, so if you are a certain age, this doesnt surprise me.

I dislike, RHAJAT,

Her design is actually a huge step up from Tharja. Its her personality that messes everything up

Benny's smile filled my heart with rainbows the first time I saw it. I think I need to use him for my planned Revelation run and hook him up with someone. The cinnamon bun deserves to be happy.

I love Jacob's design. He looks so classy!

I actually like a lot of the designs for the most part... except for the skimpy clothes. Like, if you took the characters and put different clothes on them, they would look great. Camilla and the dark mages, I'm looking at you. I don't mind the ninja's showing skin though.

Let's see... my top favorites are: Reina (I love everything about her), Benny, Xander, Hinata, Arthur, Saizo, Oboro, and the Shifters.

I also do like the look of the Nohr Noble class. I think it's the cravat that sells it for me.

Corrin. His outfit, facial expressions, and default hairstyle hit all of the right notes for a hero. I didn't even have to change anything in the building phase, aside from hair color.

It's that personality that troubles me. I like more of an Eliwood-type sympathetic hero, not FE12 Marth...

Edited by Inference

I like Ryoma, Velouria, Soleil, Sakura, Shiro, M!Kanna and Benny. They're designs are great I love them.

I love the animations for Lance users in this game. It's a huge step up from just poking people like in awakening.

Great Masters do a groin attack as a finishing move when using a Nohrian style Lance. That seems completely in character for Azama, who I used to castrate an entire army of Wolfskin with a Beast Killer.

My absolute favorite design is the lady in my avatar. Female Corrin. This design just drew me in and I quite like female Corrin compared to male Corrin. Also, design wise, her animations have a lot more flare to them.

Try Lancer M!Corrin vs. F!Corrin. She's just that much more impressive.

In all honesty, I think they did a swell job with design. Each character is fun and unique and they all have something that makes them who they are.

My top designs other than my Corrin:

Ryoma - I swear he's supposed to be like Takeda Shingen of Sengoku Basara. Or just how they imagine Takeda Shingen. And frankly this is how I always romanticize a Shogun.

Takumi - Has a lot more puffiness than I would've expected from someone like him, but it seems to work. Especially as a villain.

Jakob - He's got all the poise and style that a butler deserves and frankly reminds me a lot of Sebastian from Black Butler.

Rinkah - I have no idea why I like this design. I could not tell you at all why I like her design. It is just one of those you look at as a person and you are like "I like it". And that's all you can say.

I don't like hardly any Nohr designs. The only exceptions are Elise and Camilla. Xander is my most hated character by far though, so I was surprised that he is getting a lot of attention in this thread.

I pretty much like everyone from Hoshido, but Sakura, Hana, Reina, and Subaki can be kind of bland at times. I also don't care at all for Ryoma's design, freakin' lobster man.

My favorite character design by far though, is Hinata. I love everything about this dude. I can't wait to get back to a second playthrough of Birthright because I ended up losing him early on during my first playthrough. Oboro, Saizo, Kagero, and Rinkah are also in my top 5.

Corrin's platonic life partner Silas.

Hinata is pretty cool too. I didn't see it at first but he's reminding me a lot of Goku from Dragonball now. Starting to sound like him too. It's a shame Hisame was made to be the pickle man. Would'be been cool had he been more like Gohan.