Can Aqua be a decent fighting unit?

BruceLee

Yes Great Lorde (if anyone gets the pun) is great for Azura. I have no clue about using any other class besides her starting one and Great Lorde.

Edited by Jin

So when you change her to Great Lord her stats immediately get a boost right?

Yeah pretty much.

I don't have the GL DLC, but I made her a FK for a while to pick up some skills from that (admittedly without knowing what they were... If I'd known I might not have lol), and she was pretty useful that way for a while. Even without too many worthwhile skills in that class though, giving up dance support for a while was actually pretty well worth it to have a flying healer, I'd say.

She can actually fight pretty well as a dancer if you burn both robes and arms scrolls on her.

Its just....dancer, has better things to do.

If you want to actually use her growths for offense she can in fact make babies.

Edited by joshcja

Her str is stupid good in an offensive class, such as Great Lord or one of the flier classes she has access to.

As a dancer, she kills mages easily. That C locked max for lances is a little underwhelming though.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I reclass her to great lord after I get her to level 20 as a dancer and her evade is scary good, she hardly ever gets hit and she packs a pretty good punch as well.

So from what im seeing she has some great Str and Spd.... does that mean she could be a powerful Berserker ?.... I think im gonna try that in my Revelations run....

While she could probably does some serious damage, I think its better off keeping her a songstress for just the utility, but hey goofy runs are fun, I've been considering making her a fighting class once.

I mean I did Assassin Olivia in a run of Awakening sooooo lol.

What skills would be good on Azura regardless of which class she's in? Her Strength, Skill, Speed and Luck are all decent and those stat growths seem to be fine in any class so far and she has a decent Magic and Resistance growth rate. But I'm stuck on choosing skills to help remove her rather crippling weaknesses due to her mediocre Resistance growth and rather bad HP and Defense growths. I plan to have Aegis since Bows are going to be a pain for someone who has bad HP/Defense growths and has a hard time getting them high enough not to mention that bows have very high hit rate on Snipers. Luna or Aether, I might role with Luna since it has a higher chance to activate but I'm not sure if that's the best skill, if neither work I could go with Sol to help keep her alive longer...

My Azura is pretty decent at fighting except that she can't take hits very well

I don't use her singing that often so now I'm considering making her a great lord, but I'm not sure I want to give up he singing. I wish songstress had a promotion or that we had another dancer unit, but their ability is pretty op and most games only have one or two anyways

Give her a Subaki's Pike to avoid reducing her speed and giving her a solid weapon considering she has solid skill and decent enough strength or there is Hinoka's Spear for added Evasion while keeping some power. It tends to be good enough for in-game if she ends up getting attacked. I couple that with a Dual Naginata considering it helps with evasion against Axe users. I also tend to give her a Javelin so she can use a 1-2 range attack if need be. Effie's Lance isn't a terrible idea either given her speed it doesn't tend to affect her too much and it's strong for a C rank Spear.

She can be fairly competent with Rend Heaven, but like the others have said she's better off Singing than attacking and so her offensive capabilities tend to only be a factor when it comes to counter-attacks and while her aura's are 'good' they're generally not worth positioning her close enough for them to be a big factor considering her lack luster offensive capabilities. You could always go the route with Spendthrift and Life or Death to improve her offensive capabilites though there again she'll still be sub-par than other units using the same build.

I had Azura marry my Avatar, who had Spear Fighter as his secondary class. Then I had her slide into Basara for Rend Heaven and bought Astra and Lancefaire for her from Streetpass before changing her back to a Dancer. I still use Azura for her intended purpose, but I gave her those skills in the times I accidentally leave her vulnerable.

Key to making Azura a great fighter even as a dancer:

1. Reclass. She's gonna want to train in classes for skills and the likes, and to increase her HP/DEF growth if possible since every other growth is great. She's one of the best users of galeforce since she'll rarely be pairing up with people.

2. Forged Guard Naginata/Beast Killer. One for frontline fights and the other for better killing potential. Killer lances can work, if you can live with -10 avoid. Stay away from Blessed Lances outside of Aesthetics.

3. Slap ALL of your Seraph Robes and Dracoshields on her. She puts them to best use as a tanky dancer is priceless. Boots also go to her.

Great Lord is a good class for her. Personally I would give her at least one robe for her HP to start with and maybe an energy drop, that should make the initial training less painful. It's what I did with Mozu when I got her, made trainer her easier!

Edited by Berret

3. Slap ALL of your Seraph Robes and Dracoshields on her. She puts them to best use as a tanky dancer is priceless. Boots also go to her.

That is, until we get Warp.

That said, i'm refraining from using my Boots on my Revalation Azura.