1. 1. Do you like chrom?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, not really. I enjoyed Sugita and Mercer voicing him but otherwise his personality didn't click with me at all. He is supposed to be charismatic but it's not shown at all and it feels people follow him mainly because he wields the Falchion and is proactive. The latter is good, the former is meh.

Yeah he's alright.

I'm probably biased towards him though since I married him.

Well I happened to marry him as well and I suppose that is one of the many reasons I like Chrom. Not the main one though.

I would suggest adding a 3rd option to the poll for those in the middle about Chrom. Speaking of which, I would be mixed about him. While he's not as dull as some Lords from previous games he doesn't stick out enough for me, and it didn't help that he was overshadowed by Robin storywise. He does have some moments though in his Supports (NOT including the horrendous FeRobin one), That one was a shocker. Apart from that he's definitely in the middle, ain't gonna top Ike for me anytime soon.

He's ok, but I will never understand all those who go all 'husbando' about him.

Probably because he didn't stand out for you as much as those that see Chrom as a "husbando". I think it helped that his S-Support confession quote was cheesy at best :XD:

Probably because he didn't stand out for you as much as those that see Chrom as a "husbando". I think it helped that his S-Support confession quote was cheesy at best :XD:

I reckon for his proposal the story one Chrom gives to Robin after Chapter 11 was better. Hell I didn't even know about the alternative proposal he could give until I heard about it since all my runs had him paired up long before this event.

I reckon for his proposal the story one Chrom gives to Robin after Chapter 11 was better. Hell I didn't even know about the alternative proposal he could give until I heard about it since all my runs had him paired up long before this event.

There's that as well. I remember when I first played the game that I missed that proposal. I would have loved to have seen it for myself and it took me a surprising amount of self control not to have Robin marry him to see it happen.

Is there a "worship" button?

*laughs* Well I guess it's fair to say that even though I married him I am not that obsessed :o:. That said I do like Chrom and prefer to marry him hands down if I'm doing an F!Robin run. MaMu's not as fun but at least they are really good friends.

Honestly, Chrom isn't the best on the battlefield and in ranking in Lords, he isn't very high up there(he isn't the worst, I'll say that much). However, he has that "best buddy" aura to him despite him being a nobel and all(which I like personally). I honestly forgot he was one most of the game.

Also, despite the odds, he seemed pretty determined to help Robin, showing that's he's pretty loyal(and kinda stuborn) to his friends.

Long story short, he isn't the greatest Lord( he does pretty alright and capable, but Lucina surpasses him and so do many others), but his character does just enough for me to like him. He's ok in my book.

Yeah, I like the guy. He's kinda generic, but he's a nice dude, if a bit careless and naive. He made for an effective protagonist, and a character I found myself caring about.

He is not the worst lord(by a long shot) but he also isn't a standout. To be honest Robin and even Lucina kinda overshadow him in the plot which relegates him to a more supporting role. His design is far better than a more recent Lord character...*cough*

• 2 weeks later...

I like him quite well, he is one of my favourite Awakening chracters for sure. I like how willing the game is to poke fun at him, yet he also has a certain amount of confidence and charisma, and we see him grow into his role as a leader. He's not super deep, but he is one of my favourite lords. It's him or Micaiah most likely.

I often feel like I'm in the minority for preferring him so clearly to Robin, whom I found a bit of a player fanservice character without much personality past that.

See, I can't stand Chrom. As a unit, he's subpar compared to literally ever other sword user in the game barring Olivia and maybe the cavalier duo, and as a character, he's deathly boring and generic.