Skills

Favorite non-mastery skill: Paragon (How can any1 not like this?)

Favorite non-mastery skill combo: Vantage + Cancel + Resolve

Favorite Mastery skill: Deadeye. Yeah, I know that lots of other skills are better but the fact that if you live you'll be put to sleep just to die is pretty badass. Second favorite would be Lethality, VOLKE KICKS ASS.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But imbue isn't for magic users, is it?

Anyway, I guess my favorite skill is Adept. Many times I've been thinking that I shall let Zihark have both Adept and Vantage, but I've never done it... :(

Elincia and Mist can still use Imbue. People who use magic tomes can't equip it, but people who can use staves but their main weapon of choice is a sword? Fair game.

Pavise is one I often forget about because I rarely get around to stripping abilities from other units. I don't find the point until end-game a lot of the time. I always give it to my heron so in the off-chance it does get attacked, it has a chance to survive the blow.

Someone mentioned Mercy = Fail and I totally disagree. If I'm going to use Elincia end-game, I usually give her paragon and leave mercy equipped during Part 4's chapters, not taking Mercy off until End-Game. In the first map you can use Tibarn's army, I have her go attack one of the healers over and over again. She can't kill him, still gains 30 to 50 XP a hit due to Paragon, and the guy keeps regenerating health because he's got a staff equipped. It's easily abusable for mass experience, although you'll sacrifice the BEXP you could get for beating the map a little faster.

Also, re: Mastery skills, the only one I've ever found useful is Stun. Mercy + Stun is pretty damn great for leveling up people who still need a little bit of help, and Sigrun isn't quite powerful enough to one-shot people even with x3 damage as soon as she goes 3rd tier. Other than that, I've never really thought "Wow, I'm glad that activated" because a crit would have done just as nicely. Even with the ones that vampire HP back. Most my units are too godlike by end-game for me to care if Sol triggers.

Don't get me wrong. There's definitely a coolness factor involved with them. I just wish they actually mattered like they did in Path of Radiance.

Lethality is still great since its original (every other mastery skill now basically have the same effects <_< )

and also like what Bianchi mentioned earlier.

Mia + adept + cancel + astra + brave weapon = BLOOD EVERYWHERE!! (if there were blood in FE)

favorite combo ever.

Elincia and Mist can still use Imbue. People who use magic tomes can't equip it, but people who can use staves but their main weapon of choice is a sword? Fair game.
Elincia can. Mist can't.

Also, now that I've actually used Bane, I can say that it's not as bad as I thought. Someone like Heather may not have enough atk to kill with just a 3x damage, so a *Bane*+normal attack works better than if it had been some other skill.

Edited by Reikken

Lethality is still great since its original (every other mastery skill now basically have the same effects <_< )

and also like what Bianchi mentioned earlier.

Mia + adept + cancel + astra + brave weapon = BLOOD EVERYWHERE!! (if there were blood in FE)

favorite combo ever.

Bianchi didn't say that, I did...

And Ninji, Astra is awesome becaue it works well with its class.

Cancel (I usually give it to Nolan or Jill)

Combo: Ike and Oscar A-Rank support + Daunt on Oscar + Provoke on Ike

I don't think anyone will be hitting them at all... that's a really good combo (never thought of "Daunt")

Personally, I'd go for Zihark and Ike just because Zihark already has good speed so he'll avoid better, but any two earth units work pretty well I guess

Guest WolvenWarrioress
I don't think anyone will be hitting them at all... that's a really good combo (never thought of "Daunt")

Personally, I'd go for Zihark and Ike just because Zihark already has good speed so he'll avoid better, but any two earth units work pretty well I guess

Yeah.. It works with any two Earth units.

I usually use Edward or Mia as my Swordmaster (They just seem... better), though Zihak works well if I neglect him.

Oh, can't pass up his instant Adept skill.

And Ninji, Astra is awesome becaue it works well with its class.

Gonna have to disagree with that one. For purposes of actually being useful, I wish Astra and Luna were swapped. Ignoring defense would make attacking high defense units viable for the low-strength Trueblade class while attacking a ton of times would really help out the already-hits-hard Marshall class.

But I digress. Mastery skills really are next to pointless. The only three enemies that they'd be genuinely useful on all have Nihil equipped (Black Knight, Dheginsea, and Ashera).

I think the most underrated skill is Parity. It seems like it makes your guy weaker a lot of the time but it's seriously a godsend during End-game when guys are often parked permanently on +10 defense square. It also makes it so Ashera's aura doesn't reflect the damage you deal to it back at you.

But I digress. Mastery skills really are next to pointless. The only three enemies that they'd be genuinely useful on all have Nihil equipped (Black Knight, Dheginsea, and Ashera).

Does this comment apply to hard mode? Because I find that I'm not one-rounding things nearly as often as you're implying that you do.

Also, Whispers would be so much better off with Luna...

Edited by Reikken

Gonna have to disagree with that one. For purposes of actually being useful, I wish Astra and Luna were swapped. Ignoring defense would make attacking high defense units viable for the low-strength Trueblade class while attacking a ton of times would really help out the already-hits-hard Marshall class.

I think the most underrated skill is Parity. It seems like it makes your guy weaker a lot of the time but it's seriously a godsend during End-game when guys are often parked permanently on +10 defense square. It also makes it so Ashera's aura doesn't reflect the damage you deal to it back at you.

It's not as good as two criticals, but it's more likely and it basically does in one round what could take a few more, or stop the enemy from attacking in that one round. It works and fits the class. It also looks cool. That's why I say it's awesome.

I wouldn't say that. They aren't necessary, but they still help a lot.

That's really its only use. For that purpose, it's great. Otherwise, not really. Actually, now that I think about it, it cancels any stat boost from weapons, so Fire Archsages won't be doubling, etc. (<That was how I noticed it the first time)

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

It's not as good as two criticals, but it's more likely and it basically does in one round what could take a few more, or stop the enemy from attacking in that one round. It works and fits the class. It also looks cool. That's why I say it's awesome.

I wouldn't say that. They aren't necessary, but they still help a lot.

That's really its only use. For that purpose, it's great. Otherwise, not really. Actually, now that I think about it, it cancels any stat boost from weapons, so Fire Archsages won't be doubling, etc. (<That was how I noticed it the first time)

But it's basically attacking 5 times on one turn. It takes up 5 weapon uses. Most enemies will die from other Mastery Skills that that 1 weapon use.

But it's basically attacking 5 times on one turn. It takes up 5 weapon uses. Most enemies will die from other Mastery Skills that that 1 weapon use.

If it even takes five, which it usually doesn't. Obviously, the others are generally better. Astra fits the Trueblade class, though.

If it even takes five, which it usually doesn't. Obviously, the others are generally better. Astra fits the Trueblade class, though.

Something like the Blade Lord critical with the Sol Katti would be cooler.

Does this comment apply to hard mode? Because I find that I'm not one-rounding things nearly as often as you're implying that you do.

Also, Whispers would be so much better off with Luna...

Well, Hard Mode is it's own beast so you got me there. I was thinking more normal mode which is what I play on most often.

@ Fox: Mastery skills triggering more than criticals? On a Trueblade? You must have really bad Luck stats on your trueblades then. End-game, my crit-heavy classes usually have near a 30% chance or better.

@ Fox: Mastery skills triggering more than criticals? On a Trueblade? You must have really bad Luck stats on your trueblades then. End-game, my crit-heavy classes usually have near a 30% chance or better.

It's too bad Luck doesn't determine your characters crit chance, Skill does. With a no-crit boost weapon such as an iron sword and no bond bonus, a Trueblade has a base 40% crit chance with capped stats and 20% for Astra. But enemies have luck in this game, so that 40% is going down a great deal. Usually, they'll both be around the same. I just tend to get Astra more often.

Wait, really?

Since when? I always thought luck was involved because my guys with higher luck had better chances to crit than guys with equivalent stats with less luck in previous titles.

You sure that's iron-clad?

Wait, really?

Since when? I always thought luck was involved because my guys with higher luck had better chances to crit than guys with equivalent stats with less luck in previous titles.

You sure that's iron-clad?

Proof

Look at the critical section. Luck helps dodge criticals, not get them.