Which is preferred as final class: Hoshido Noble or Nohr Noble?

Roflolxp54

(Personally, I would loved to have Hoshido Noble on Conquest, we all needed that healing against the onslaught of enemies.)

It's really hard to say which is better because Hoshido Noble and Nohr Noble are designed for different players based on the theme.

It's no doubt that Nohr Noble has better skills. Draconic Hex is the best skill for tanking, while Nohrian Trust allow you to borrow your pair up partner's skills. This opens up a huge potential for different skillsets and tactical play. It is no doubt that Nohr will deliver that. The Nohr Noble class focus on Magic, Speed and Resistance as their main stat growth. This would allow you to become a Robin 2.0....sort of. Unlike Robin, Nohr Noble takes a dump with it's Skill, Luck and Defense, making it more of a magical tanker rather than a jack of all stats. You get access to Tomes that can help debuff enemies, thanks to the Draconic Hex. However it is not without it's weakness, and this is because of the low Defense growth and cap and Tomes being nerfed. The defense for Nohr Noble can be very tough in a map full of physical fighters, it can debuff with Draconic Hex but for how long? You will definitely be pummel by the enemy. Nexts, are the Tomes. You can make the tomes work, it doesn't mean that being nerfed, doesn't means that it sucks. It is just unfortunate to be stuck in a weapon triangle of purely physical weapons. Mages and Nohr Noble have pretty low defenses, so they are very likely to get hit hard by either Bow (Buffed to the point of OP despite the weapon disadvantage #Blame Takumi) and Shuriken. It could still work, but note that it is no longer the Tome weapon we know in Awakening.

Nohr Noble is for players that prefer pure offense. It generally panders to the people who loved Robin, by giving them tomes and a mixed attacking set. At the same time, players should be aware that Nohr Noble won't be able to tank very well, and magic can be slightly underwhelming. However it's amazing skills and offensive stats makes up for that.

On the other hand, Hoshido Noble has..pretty lackluster skills. Dragon Ward is way too situational. Where it is not based on your luck, but your partner's luck. It is very unreliable and has as much of a activation rate as Lethality (I don't know, what I'm saying is that luck isn't as important.) Hoshidian Unity is pretty much just Rightful King. It is useful....for skills but that's it.. Unless you want to build some skillset like Chrom, it's not worth it. The Hoshido Noble class focus on balance and strength type builds, with it's weakness being the Resistance stat. With this class, you can focus more on throwing yourself into the frontlines and healing anyone there that might be in trouble. This class is a "must" for strength builder, in comparison to Nohr Noble's mixed set. Even if you find staves a wasted potential, it could still do some damage especially with the newly added debuff staves. They remain breakable because they can be really OP is you spam them across the field. Imagine what you could do with the infinite staff skill, You can render the entirely enemy field with the Hexing Rod, coupled with Freeze, and then drawing some in with Entrap. Aside from the bosses, you can wipe the enemy out in no time. Don't let it's healing potential fool you, the only reason why they are breakable is because imagine what a great player can do with it.

Hoshido Noble is for players that prefer support and tanking rather than being pure offense. This is the minority between the two classes. It has a balanced growth with a good stat cap that won't disappoint. The staves are breakable, but can deal a lot of damage in the right player. However the class skills are less than impressive and you will find it's resistance stat to be severely lacking. Keep that in mind when you are playing.

Edited by TanatatKnight

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and what about counter? Not to mention I like to have a pseudo tank corrin due to Yato, horse god and possibly jacob. I can also retaliate back against them with both horse god and dragon curse if they survive. Sure the likes of staffing is pretty damn good, but we don't have a lot of competition for scroll users in Conquest except for Leon and maybe Ophelia and even they have their own issues.

Plus having a magic Corrin with dragon stone + to really smack it into some units with low res and magic counter might not even be an issue. You can have around 60 attack on res and potentially even activate dragon fang to bring the hurt while tanking harder.

Hell, why worry about magic counter? You aren't bad with a sword as Nohr Noble either.

As for Valla route, it doesn't really matter because one can freely switch around the classes for different play styles. However if you want more physical offense or durability then go Hosh noble and if you want more magic or speed then go Nohr noble.

I was referring to the person who kept saying on how good Magic Noble Corrin was seeing that Nohr Noble is so popular. If you see said Corrin in an enemy streetpass team that just ended their turn of action using a tome, just send a Magic Counter user against them and said Corrin might just KO themselves on that turn. I find Hoshido Noble nice for pulling out some nice tactics against PvE enemies since I can go heal an ally if I can't reach any nearby enemies or if I don't need to heal I can just attack something else in range.

Snip

No, everything hoshidian noble offers comes inherent from the dragonstone, yato, or a real secondary class. (Can we not pretend nhorian noble is incapable of just whipping out phyical damage whenever the hell it wants to?)

It's just bad.

Edited by joshcja

No, everything hoshidian noble offers comes inherent from the dragonstone, yato, or a real secondary class. (Can we not pretend nhorian noble is incapable of just whipping out phyical damage whenever the hell it wants to?)

It's just bad.

Your point being? Isn't that the same for just about every class?

Classes aren't bad, it's just that we suck at using them properly.

It's just bad.

LOL Hello? I run Hoshido Noble and hardly use my Dragonstone [+] (Although, I do carry it around because I use it due to its situational utility.). Hoshido Noble's main appeal is to be able to use the Yato's bonuses and smack the Enemy with Swords and be able to Heal at the same time. Many actually don't go for Nohr Noble due to the influx of +STR / -DEF Corrins (These are the best Boons & Banes for Physical Kana). This "Jack of all Trades" but (half)master of Swords is all of Hoshido Nobles appeal and to be honest, its quite neat due to the fact that the game forces you to use Corrin a lot. Anyways, a +MAG / -DEF Corrin can appriciate Nohr Noble and it does carry the better Skills. (Although Hoshian Unity is quite nice (+ Quioxtic) due to the lower Skill Caps (and caps in general) in Fates when compared to Awakening).

The difference between a Hoshidan Noble and and a Nohr Noble in terms of bases for selected stats (not all listed here) includes:

+2 STR for Hoshidan Noble over Nohr

+2 MAG for Nohr over Hoshido

+1 SPD for Nohr over Hoshido

+1 DEF for Hoshido over Nohr

+3 RES for Nohr over Hoshido

etc.

In terms of caps

34 STR vs. 32 STR

28 MAG vs. 31 MAG

30 SPD vs. 32 SPD.

etc.

Skills really aren't an issue when streetpass exists. While Nohr Noble does get better range coverage, there are some staves that are very useful for the more melee Hoshido, such as Freeze. In my opinion, it's just a personal preference between a mixed attacker and physical attacker.

If you're playing Revelation why would you stick to either of the two classes? Go for something like Swordmaster or Master Ninja.

I was considering going Swordmaster, but, I wanted my Kana to get Berserker to abuse her Strength (I married Effie!Velouria) and me chosing Fighter as my Secondary was the only way for me to do so. Now, I know that I can always A+ Hinata or someone like that to get Samurai but I saw that I needed more Staff users on my team. Also, I have a thing for "exclusive classes" (Although, Nohr Prince(ss) is usable by all Children). All in all, the utility of Hoshio Royal is sweetened by still being able to pack a punch. However, I haven't used Nohr Noble much so someone else can sell you on that. I can agree that Swordmaster, Spear Fighter, Berserker, Elite Ninja, Onmyoji, and Witch can be great classes as well for Corrin.

Hm... I wonder... What if there was a Valla/Touma Noble?! It'd prob be the best out of them all!

Swords / Hidden Weapons / Dragonstone

Its the "Invisible Kingdom" y'know? :P

Edited by ShadowStar77

Nohr Noble is for players that prefer pure offense. It generally panders to the people who loved Robin, by giving them tomes and a mixed attacking set. At the same time, players should be aware that Nohr Noble won't be able to tank very well, and magic can be slightly underwhelming. However it's amazing skills and offensive stats makes up for that.

I don't know why people keep saying magic is underwhelming. It's a weapon that can hit at 1-2 range with no penalties and it targets a stat many units are weak in. As for tanking, you have the Dragon Stone. A base dragon stone + Yato means you have +6 defense and +5 resistance. The Dragonstone+ and Upgraded Yato gives you 13 defense and 11 resistance. My +Mag/-Def Kamui at 20/13 has 20 Defense and 23 resistance. With the Yato and Dragonstone+ she has equal tanking ability as my best units, both physically and magically.

Honestly I would say go for something like Master of Arms or Great knight... if you are going for a physical character, if magic is your thing, I would say Dark Mage for acess of Nosferatu and some good defense.... somehow even though they dont wear many clothes....

I honestly didnt really enjoyed either Nohr or Hoshido Noble, they felt rather gimmicke for me, at least compared to something like the Grandmaster class,besides the fact that Manaketes in Fates feel really underpowered in my opinion... maybe because of how the dragon form looks and it cant shoot fireballs.... it kinda makes me wish we were able to transform into different dragons with different stones, kinda like in the older games

In terms of something you probably don't care about... Crit Animations!

Nohr Noble has a better Sword Crit animation, but the animation for using Tomes is the most awful and lazy animation in the game.

Hoshido Noble has an okay Crit animation, and the general sword animations are pretty cool too.

I don't know why people keep saying magic is underwhelming. It's a weapon that can hit at 1-2 range with no penalties and it targets a stat many units are weak in. As for tanking, you have the Dragon Stone. A base dragon stone + Yato means you have +6 defense and +5 resistance. The Dragonstone+ and Upgraded Yato gives you 13 defense and 11 resistance. My +Mag/-Def Kamui at 20/13 has 20 Defense and 23 resistance. With the Yato and Dragonstone+ she has equal tanking ability as my best units, both physically and magically.

This. People keep talking about how Hosh noble is a better tank due to better physical defense but Conquest gives you so many tools to have free durability, not to mention that you get all of the stat bonuses in revelations. It just feels preferable to be able to cheese someone at a distance or retaliate on enemy phase.

That isn't to say that magic is perfect. Ninjas wreck your day and ofc magic counter, but having weaknesses doesn't make it inferior. I mean Hosh Noble only has throwing swords as ranged combat and those things not only can't double but make You easier to be doubled.

Plus, magic horses not only gives you 3 speed, but also makes up for Nohr nobles lower skill and -3 damage taken on a D rank scroll. Combine with Yato and maybe your maid/Butler for 9-10 damage reduced.

Hoshido Noble is better, higher str based stats which get boosted by Yato letting you stack damage more easily. Staves > Tomes IMO, but Nohr Noble has high enough proficiency for Lightning to carry Braves on both physical and magic spectra. In terms of skills Nohr Noble wins out over Hoshido Noble.

This. People keep talking about how Hosh noble is a better tank due to better physical defense but Conquest gives you so many tools to have free durability, not to mention that you get all of the stat bonuses in revelations. It just feels preferable to be able to cheese someone at a distance or retaliate on enemy phase.

That isn't to say that magic is perfect. Ninjas wreck your day and ofc magic counter, but having weaknesses doesn't make it inferior. I mean Hosh Noble only has throwing swords as ranged combat and those things not only can't double but make You easier to be doubled.

Plus, magic horses not only gives you 3 speed, but also makes up for Nohr nobles lower skill and -3 damage taken on a D rank scroll. Combine with Yato and maybe your maid/Butler for 9-10 damage reduced.

That so isn't to say that Nohr Noble is weaker to Hoshido Noble. It just how certain people choose to play with it. Hoshido Noble is only a better physical tanker is based solely on it's stat cap and growth. That doesn't mean that Nohr Noble couldn't be a tanker (as you pointed out). In fact, with Draconic Hex and 1-2 range Magic along with the right boon/bane, Nohr Noble could be a perfect mixed tanker. Crippling the enemies and then moving other units in for the kill.

Both sides has enough strength and weakness to balance each other out. It more of which play style you prefer.

Magic isn't underwhelming because it's a useless stat or it's been significantly nerfed. It's underwhelming because it is overshadowed by the buffed-up Bow and it's physical version Shuriken. Is it still useful and relevant? Hell~Yeah, I don't know how many times the magic stat help me a lot against Generals and Berserkers. It's definitely not weak. In the hands of the right player and the RNG level ups, it can cut off a huge chunk of defense.

^this. Also, magic weapons (ex.: Levin Sword) lower your avoidance rate. Meaning that if you're a pure melee fighter, if you want to attack from range, you will either get doubled or be more likely to get hit.

Magic isn't underwhelming because it's a useless stat or it's been significantly nerfed. It's underwhelming because it is overshadowed by the buffed-up Bow and it's physical version Shuriken. Is it still useful and relevant? Hell~Yeah, I don't know how many times the magic stat help me a lot against Generals and Berserkers. It's definitely not weak. In the hands of the right player and the RNG level ups, it can cut off a huge chunk of defense.

Bringing Calamity Gate might help out against the dagger/shuriken users.