Most memorable Arena fights

Usana

Having seen some impressive chains while fighting in the arena I figured I want to hear what some other folks have seen. Plus I am curious if anyone else has ran into Mr. Can't Hurt Me Mechanist.

So I enter the arena with my avatar and her Husband Kaden. Kaden is a bit lower leveled(His daughter took his place in the army), so won't be useful for much other than accuracy boost/etc. Now my avatar is a level 40 speed boon Great Lord who has Astra. 33 Str with Yato isn't exactly mind numbing at level 40 but I assume it is respectable. Anyways my final opponent ends up being a Mechanist. I wasn't too worried even though my hp was low since they often don't hit too hard and usually fold easily enough. So the battle starts and my projected damage is 3x2 - 100% hit. Well that doesn't bode well since the Mechanist hits for 6 and has 51 HP(I had 30 remaining), though only 71% hit.

What proceeds to occur had me laughing loud enough I thought I would wake everyone up. My first hit a Sol. I get 1 HP! Mechanist misses. Astra hits 5 for 1. Astra Hits 5 for 1. Mechanist misses. Astra hits 5 for 1. Are you seeing a pattern? I killed the poor SOB with 48 1 damage hits and 1 3 damage hit. And he never once managed to hit me in turn(though his team-mate, a sniper I think?, managed to hit me a few times for 2 damage each hit). And no Kaden didn't once manage to hit the Mechanist(though even if he did he would do 0 damage). So I just imagined this fight as Kaden standing back pointing and laughing as the poor SOB tries to fight a blur. By the way. Watching that fight took forever.

Do Mechanists normally have that much Defense? I mean I normally hit 6-12x2 in the Arena at this level(about twice that against folks who don't value defense). The only time I have ever hit below that was a 4x2 on a Chieftain. Or was it a Blacksmith? Well one of those two. So basically the highest defense foe I have ran into in the arena was a Mechanist. And I don't normally think of them as being tanks, actually I just down right assumed they were inferior to Master Ninja. Am I underestimating the class?

Mechanists are +Str -Def -Spd compared to ninjas. They aren't full on tanks like Generals, GKs, and Wyverns, but they're closer to Heroes and Master of Arms being around middling bulk.

Sometimes the arena just gives some ridiculously bulky enemies for some reasons. I remember there's a time where Ryoma got like, a 7x2 (which is really low considering how bullshit his damage output is, what with Raijin's passive str boost and swordfaire and Bushido) but it was round 3, and he just proc critted his way through anyway.

Speaking of Ryoma, he was the first person on my team to make it to round 3. The entire fight was just

REND HEAVEN CRIT CRIT REND HEAVEN ASTRA CRIT oh look they're all dead

So much proc

Edited by Thor Odinson

I sent Silas with full HP into the Arena once with a 91% hit rate against a Sky Knight with a 70% hit rate both doing 7 damage per hit. Silas legit missed EVERY DAMN attack while the Sky Knight roflstomped him.

I just gave Ryoma the Arena Shield so he's always there and all the procs so my Corrin with Nohrian Trust, Hoshidan Unity, Quixotic, Aegis and Pavise procs something more often then not. Having Aegis/Pavise halve your damage makes even crits manageable.

Its also nice seeing Lethality activate three times in a row.

The only time so far this set up failed was on the last round Corrin survived with 1HP and activated Lethality, only to miss and lose.

Round 1: Takumi and Azura vs. Falcoknight and Onmyoji

Round 2: Takumi and Azura vs. Kinshi knight and Sniper

It was fun. Takumi had Air Superiority too, for even more hilarity.

I just had a pretty cool moment.

Finished a chapter and S rank between Effie and Silas was unlocked so I got them married.

Then I went into the arena, and it was Silas fighting with Effie as support.

Silas procs Luna, then Effie gets a 2% critical.

Power couple.

Mechanists are +Str -Def -Spd compared to ninjas. They aren't full on tanks like Generals, GKs, and Wyverns, but they're closer to Heroes and Master of Arms being around middling bulk.

Sometimes the arena just gives some ridiculously bulky enemies for some reasons. I remember there's a time where Ryoma got like, a 7x2 (which is really low considering how bullshit his damage output is, what with Raijin's passive str boost and swordfaire and Bushido) but it was round 3, and he just proc critted his way through anyway.

Speaking of Ryoma, he was the first person on my team to make it to round 3. The entire fight was just

REND HEAVEN CRIT CRIT REND HEAVEN ASTRA CRIT oh look they're all dead

So much proc

Yeah, there are a lot of procs in the arena fights. It is really rare to go a round without something proc'ing.

Speaking of ridicious enemies. Just now I had a Swordmaster doing 11x2 to my avatar. My SPEED Blessed SPEED Boon avatar who has averaged a .8 speed growth rate in her levels(I spent probably half my levels in Oni Savage/Chieftain so I should have closer to .65-.7 due to being excitable). I could understand not doubling him. But how the flying ape did he double me?! He has to have a bare minimum of 48 speed! Or do we get pair up bonuses in the arena? Kaden is in a no speed bonus class right now so Pair up bonus could have given him the edge if such bonuses are in play.

And Dang I didn't even think of Lethality in the arena. That sounds like it could be almost as much fun as Death Blow + Astra. Proc'ing Astra when you have at least a 20%, maybe even a 40%, Crit Rate is fun :D.

And Dang I didn't even think of Lethality in the arena. That sounds like it could be almost as much fun as Death Blow + Astra. Proc'ing Astra when you have at least a 20%, maybe even a 40%, Crit Rate is fun :D.

Yeah last run I had my Ninja Corn proc Lethality several times, good shit good shit

Ryoma runs around with ~50% crit rates in the arena it's pretty ridiculous, haha

Today, last arena before Endgame, Takumi was in the arena, and Oboro joined the fight, I make my bet for Takumi as the main fighter and the battle was like this:

Round 1
- Takumi activates Rend Heaven, enemy survived, Oboro make a critical, the enemy dies

Round 2
- Takumi make a critical, the enemy dies

Round 3
- Takumi activates Luna + critical, the enemy dies

He won whitout a scratch, I'm proud of my otouto

There was a Falco that could double speed-cap raised, katana-boosted Ryoma in the arena today

Except it never got to because Ryoma

Round 1: Crit, OHKO

Round 2: Rend Heaven, KO after a dual strike from wife
Round 3: straight up Lethality

yep.

I sent Silas with full HP into the Arena once with a 91% hit rate against a Sky Knight with a 70% hit rate both doing 7 damage per hit. Silas legit missed EVERY DAMN attack while the Sky Knight roflstomped him.

Had a similar experience recently. Sent my Avatar + Saizo husband pairup into the arena.

~70% chance of hitting the enemy (can't remember what class it was), but it had a similar hit rate against her.

Had Nohrian Trust on so proc'd Saizo's lethality first round. Missed. Enemy got a critical and took her down to half health.

Proc'd his Astra next turn. Hit 3 times for a pitiful amount of damage. Enemy got her down to very low health.

Finally, proc'd her own Rend Heaven. Missed. Enemy gets yet another crit and kills her.

Saizo had been contributing some damage but he's not exactly a powerhouse.

Needless to say, I lost those Crystals.

Edited by nordopolica

I once had Caeldori in the Arena (immediately after I recruited her), on her own, and she was up against a Hero or Swordmaster (I can't remember, it was a promoted unit that used a sword.) Caeldori hadn't been given OP skills yet, but did inherit Astra and Sol. I think you can see where this is going.

Long story short, she won all three cage matches. The final one was against a master Ninja who would have doubled for 8 damage each and had a 100% hit and 20% critical chance, Caeldori had a 50% hit chance. She 4%critted, and got Sol and went from him being a little under full health and her at one health, to him being very dead and her being about half health.

She is now my favorite flying unit.