Am I seriously the Only Person who Noticed This?!

THE FELL DRAGON

In Birthright there are two characters, Kaden and Selkie, who are Kitsune and can be promoted to a Nine-Tails. Am I the only one who noticed that the transformed state looks an awful lot like a certain Pokemon who goes by the same name? I looked it up as well as looked around here to try and figure out why Nintendo would go and do that. For some reason no one else has pointed it out. Have any of you guys noticed that Intelligent Systems included Were-Pokemon?

I know about Kitsunes and myths surrounding them. I don't know very much about Pokemon, I've only seen little parts with friends who love it. Is there a Kitsune Pokemon based on the same stories?

Well, if I remember right, Ninetales are pretty much Kitsune, just in the Pokémon world. Well, kinda. Maybe it's not explored in detail in the main games, but the other media do go a bit further regarding them. (Like the anime, or the Rescue Team Mystery Dungeon games)

the two version of the game is also based on Pokemon...

pokemon two games are exactly the same story with minor changes and version exclusive pokemon fates has 3 different stories. not really a fair comparison

Edited by iavasechui

Look, just because there are two versions, units you can capture, train, trade and breed, a feature where you can pet your minions, and animals that fight for you, doesn't mean it's like Pokemon. Really guys.

You can't sleep with your animal friends in Pokemon.

You're not the only one that noticed it, you're the only one that thought it was some sort of conspiracy or what have you. 9-tailed foxes aren't a Pokemon thing it's a Japanese thing. Look at Okami, Naruto, Kurama from Yuyu Hakusho, etc etc

You're not the only one that noticed it, you're the only one that thought it was some sort of conspiracy or what have you. 9-tailed foxes aren't a Pokemon thing it's a Japanese thing. Look at Okami, Naruto, Kurama from Yuyu Hakusho, etc etc

Oh okay,I didn't realize that it was such a popular concept. Thanks for your reply.

Look, just because there are two versions, units you can capture, train, trade and breed, a feature where you can pet your minions, and animals that fight for you, doesn't mean it's like Pokemon. Really guys.

You can't sleep with your animal friends in Pokemon.

But you can rub your Pokemon's chest and crotch freely.

• 2 weeks later...