Fates Headcanons

HappyHawlucha

Let's see here...

1: Corrin is a male avatar and is the main character for the entire story arc of Fire Emblem: Fates. He goes through Birthright, but is not happy with the ending there, so he wonders what will happen if he chose to stay with his family in Nohr. Then, he is thrust back back the crucial decision point and chooses Conquest's path, but find that too does not achieve the peace he desires. Lamenting the losses at almost no matter what he does, he is thrust once again at the crucial decision point. Having the knowledge of both Birthright and Conquest, he refuses to choose a side and forges his own path in Revelations, where he finally achieves his happily ever after.

2: A female avatar is the main character for a standalone Conquest story, as per the box art.

3: A young male avatar is the main character for a standalone Birthright story, as per the box art.

4: The avatar used for a standalone Revelations is a reincarnation of one of the Tacticians from Awakening. There is the original Awakening tactician, named Robin, who basically is the same as his Awakening self. Then there is the Tactician named Mark, who is the same Tactician from Blazing Sword, which is why Einherjar Lyn recognizes him in the Outrealms. Then, there is the Tactician who existed in the Future Past with a tragic backstory of his own, and is classified as a Dark Knight, and this tactician is the one used for Standalone Revelations. (Long story short, my endgame Fates character is the same as my endgame Awakening character.)

5: About Laslow, Odin, and Selena...[spoiler=Details]They are the exact same characters from my Awakening files. So, Virion!Inigo, WHY DID YOU CONVENIENTLY FORGET LUCINA!MORGAN TO MARRY AND HAVE A CHILD WITH AZURA?! What did you do with my daughter, damnit!

Stahl!Owain, what happened to the Justice Cabal? Where is Chrom!Cynthia? Unless... Don't tell me Cynthia died, Owain. Don't tell me she died and that is why you gave up your sword hand in exchange for tomes. At least Lon'qu!Severa has a chance now...

Speaking of Severa, I guess that short time with Ricken!Laurent helped mature you a little bit. I also guess that instead of finding treasure, you found some way to enter the world of Fates alongside Inigo and Owain. Hopefully one day you all will be able to return home...

That's all I got for the time being, besides possible "head canon" pairings, but I'll need to play Fates more and complete all the paths before I can make more educated "head canons".

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed Leo is the only royal sibling that can't learn to fly through reclass or promotion, so I head canon that he is afraid of heights.

Can you imagine this poor boy when they had to go to the bottomless canyon?

He must have been trying to talk the others out of it until Elise pushed him down. Poor guy.

New headcanon confirmed.

And on a more serious note, a question:

[spoiler=Revelation ending]Why does Corrin get coronated? Why does he want to rule over a dead land? What happens to him when the portals to that world clos? I thought he wanted to be with his family. The reason why I'm asking here is because people always have a bunch of theories ready, but I also want to know if this was explained in the localization and if I missed something.

Edited by Thane

I believe that all the FE universes are connected via something similar to the Amala Network/Amala Multiverse. Actually, I imagine the Outrealm is basically the Amala Network and there are instances in which people get caught between pathways, unable to move back to their home world or move forward to their destination. All that attempt to study the mysterious disappearances have vanished without a trace, causing any further studies to cease; they too most likely caught between worlds, unable to escape. I believe such happened to that one paladin that got the Rainbow Sage's blessing that no one really cares about.

(I care about him, though.)

An excerpt from the my favorite FE story on Fanfiction.net, From the Ashes:

"Come," he said. "The ritual is about to begin."

"Ritual? What ritual?"

He didn't answer. He just strode across the battlefield. Soldiers knelt their heads as he passed, but he paid them no heed. He just kept walking. All the way to his personal tent.

"Kamui, what­--"

"Come."

The prince entered the tent. Biting her lip, Azura followed. And she gasped.

Prince Ryoma. Princess Hinoka.

Their bodies were laid out there before her. Their hands across their chest, clutching their weapon of choice, they were in the style of Hoshidan royalty. But no­one could mistake the manner of their deaths to be anything but violent. Because…

"Azura?"

Because she could smell it. Again. That gods­forsaken smell. She could see where the blades had entered their bodies. She could see a few flecks of blood on their armour, flecks that had about a 50/50 chance of being their own. But the smell. She retched once more.

"Enough."

She looked at Kamui. His own brother and sister. Those who were his true family. She had little love for Hoshido, but she had chosen her path. She was but a dancer, but even she knew that the loss of Ryoma and Hinoka was a disaster. Morale, experience, martial prowess…

"Do not weep," Kamui said. He held out his hands, as if praying. "They shall rise."

"Rise?" Azura asked. "But…how can--­"

"Phoenix Mode," he whispered.

Azura said nothing. She knew what a phoenix was – it was a bird that didn't even exist outside myth and legend. She also knew that necromancy was just as fanciful.

But that didn't explain how the prince and princess began to rise to their feet. How they slowly returned to the world of the living. How their wounds seemed to heal.

"Kamui?" she whispered. "What is--­"

"The gods smile on me," he whispered. "The game is played, in my favour. Those close to me shall rise again, and shall do so as long as I remain in the field. Such are the game's rules. Such is the path of the gods chosen, as they play with the lives of lesser beings."

Azura said nothing. She just stared at the prince and princess before her.

"Brother," said Ryoma.

"Brother," echoed Hinoka.

They were not their voices. The tone was the same. But the inflection, the subtleties, the warmth that the siblings had shared…it was not there. None of it. They were just…there. And Kamui turned to her.

"Fear not," he said. "If you shall fall, I can raise you again." He put out a hand, as if to stroke her cheek. "I shall never lose. Not the battle. And not you." He smiled. "So never fear."

Yet, Azura was afraid. More so than she had ever been.

This is my headcanon for Phoenix Mode. It is an alternate universe, tying in to the whole Amala Network thing. LOL. I'm working on a character bio for said Kamui of such a universe but I doubt I'll finish it.

This is brilliant and disturbing. I hesitate asking for more.

I believe that all the FE universes are connected via something similar to the Amala Network/Amala Multiverse. Actually, I imagine the Outrealm is basically the Amala Network and there are instances in which people get caught between pathways, unable to move back to their home world or move forward to their destination. All that attempt to study the mysterious disappearances have vanished without a trace, causing any further studies to cease; they too most likely caught between worlds, unable to escape. I believe such happened to that one paladin that got the Rainbow Sage's blessing that no one really cares about.

(I care about him, though.)

An excerpt from the my favorite FE story on Fanfiction.net, From the Ashes:

"Come," he said. "The ritual is about to begin."

"Ritual? What ritual?"

He didn't answer. He just strode across the battlefield. Soldiers knelt their heads as he passed, but he paid them no heed. He just kept walking. All the way to his personal tent.

"Kamui, what­--"

"Come."

The prince entered the tent. Biting her lip, Azura followed. And she gasped.

Prince Ryoma. Princess Hinoka.

Their bodies were laid out there before her. Their hands across their chest, clutching their weapon of choice, they were in the style of Hoshidan royalty. But no­one could mistake the manner of their deaths to be anything but violent. Because…

"Azura?"

Because she could smell it. Again. That gods­forsaken smell. She could see where the blades had entered their bodies. She could see a few flecks of blood on their armour, flecks that had about a 50/50 chance of being their own. But the smell. She retched once more.

"Enough."

She looked at Kamui. His own brother and sister. Those who were his true family. She had little love for Hoshido, but she had chosen her path. She was but a dancer, but even she knew that the loss of Ryoma and Hinoka was a disaster. Morale, experience, martial prowess…

"Do not weep," Kamui said. He held out his hands, as if praying. "They shall rise."

"Rise?" Azura asked. "But…how can--­"

"Phoenix Mode," he whispered.

Azura said nothing. She knew what a phoenix was – it was a bird that didn't even exist outside myth and legend. She also knew that necromancy was just as fanciful.

But that didn't explain how the prince and princess began to rise to their feet. How they slowly returned to the world of the living. How their wounds seemed to heal.

"Kamui?" she whispered. "What is--­"

"The gods smile on me," he whispered. "The game is played, in my favour. Those close to me shall rise again, and shall do so as long as I remain in the field. Such are the game's rules. Such is the path of the gods chosen, as they play with the lives of lesser beings."

Azura said nothing. She just stared at the prince and princess before her.

"Brother," said Ryoma.

"Brother," echoed Hinoka.

They were not their voices. The tone was the same. But the inflection, the subtleties, the warmth that the siblings had shared…it was not there. None of it. They were just…there. And Kamui turned to her.

"Fear not," he said. "If you shall fall, I can raise you again." He put out a hand, as if to stroke her cheek. "I shall never lose. Not the battle. And not you." He smiled. "So never fear."

Yet, Azura was afraid. More so than she had ever been.

This is my headcanon for Phoenix Mode. It is an alternate universe, tying in to the whole Amala Network thing. LOL. I'm working on a character bio for said Kamui of such a universe but I doubt I'll finish it.

Hey this is one of the few times I've seen someone writing something for Fates as opposed to just planning to. I like it! You gave Azura more personality than she ever had in the main story.

The Awakening trio isn't from the regular Awakening universe, but rather from one like in the Future Past DLC. This is why they refer to their parents as dead, (I know that they might just be covering up that they don't exist there but shhhhhh)

Hey this is one of the few times I've seen someone writing something for Fates as opposed to just planning to. I like it! You gave Azura more personality than she ever had in the main story.

she didn't write it, its' an excerpt from a fanfic she liked

once i finish revelations, i shall... soon i'll just write drabbles to get back in, huehuehue

He must have been trying to talk the others out of it until Elise pushed him down. Poor guy.

And his horse goes with him.

I've noticed Leo is the only royal sibling that can't learn to fly through reclass or promotion, so I head canon that he is afraid of heights.

Very fitting for a guy with an earth themed weapon.

Now, just to reiterate, I didn't actually write that story about Phoenix Mode. It's from a one-shot on FanFiction.net by someone named Hawki.

If only I could write something like that... I might base something off of it, however.

EDIT: Here's a link to the story: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11355871/1/From-the-Ashes

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Regardless of what you do in the Game, all the retainers and their lords all have at least A support level bonds with each other because in a world where fighting is such a constant you gotta have people you trust at your back.

Also,

Owain, Severa, and Inigo are off searching for Owain's sister Morgan after she vanished into an out realm gate after the end of the Future Past. They got tangled into all this as one of their many dimension hopping misadventures

I'm also one of those who believes that the pregnant women spend a majority of the time in the Deeprealms before they give birth. It's the only way the whole thing makes sense.

Benny's localized name is indeed Benoit (like his Japanese original), but people just call him Benny as a nickname.

Regarding the mess that is Kamui's retainer situation:

Kamui will be always have the servant that is the same gender as them as their first retainer, so Joker for male Kamui and Felicia for female Kamui. If the player chooses to have Kamui have an A support with Suzukaze, they haven't got a second retainer yet, so Suzukaze ends up taking the slot for himself. However, if they don't, Joker is F!Kamui's second retainer and vice versa for male Kamui.

(This probably sounds really silly, but I don't want Kamui to have, like, three retainers when all of the other royals have two. >_>)

Edited by Matt-hue

Kamui will be always have the servant that is the same gender as them as their first retainer, so Joker for male Kamui and Felicia for female Kamui. If the player chooses to have Kamui have an A support with Suzukaze, they haven't got a second retainer yet, so Suzukaze ends up taking the slot for himself. However, if they don't, Joker is F!Kamui's second retainer and vice versa for male Kamui.

(This probably sounds really silly, but I don't want Kamui to have, like, three retainers when all of the other royals have two. >_>)

I always assumed that Silas and Kaze were Corrin's retainers and that the maids and butlers were just. . . maids and butlers.

I always assumed that Silas and Kaze were Corrin's retainers and that the maids and butlers were just. . . maids and butlers.

Elfie says this in her supports w/ Cyrus:

"Well, I mean, I'm here because I'm sworn to protect Lady Elise. I owe here everything--and she's my best friend--so it's a natural arrangement. But you're not anyone's retainer. What's in it for you?"

So, personally, I don't really think he could be Kamui's retainer.

Edited by Matt-hue

The sheer number of retainers that Corrin gets, actually burns my bacon quite a bit. Gunter, Flora, Felicia, Jakob, Lilith, and Kaze if you count his supports. Plus Silas squeezing his way in. Thats like, six people! Holy crap!

The sheer number of retainers that Corrin gets, actually burns my bacon quite a bit. Gunter, Flora, Felicia, Jakob, Lilith, and Kaze if you count his supports. Plus Silas squeezing his way in. Thats like, six people! Holy crap!

Yeaaaaaah, it bugs me too. Kamui has so many potential retainers and then all of their siblings have two.

They get such special treatment at times and it's kinda annoying.

It is rather annoying.

In my headcanon, Gunter is just what he is supposed to be, a battle instructor. Felicia is no longer existent, instead fused together with Flora. Jakob is essentially the same as canon. Lilith is dead. Kaze is dead (maybe). Silas is also dead.

Why is almost everyone dead? LOL.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Personally, Silas and Kaze are Corrin's only retainers. Felicia, Flora and Jakob are just his servants assigned to him. I mean if Flora was Corrin's retainer,

I'm sure she wouldn't have killed herself in Birthright and go against them and not join them till way later in Conquest and Revelation.

Then Gunter is just his battle instructor/supervisor for Garon until Corrin is deemed worthy to fly the coop.

Edited by Azz

Here is how I see it with regard to Corrin's retainers: She / he has the maid / butler that comes to her aid in chapter 6 (so for my F!Corrin it's Jakob.). She also had Flora, but at some point in the story Flora will prove that she was unworthy of the title. Also, Flora is technically MIA in the main plot, so Corrin is free to accept Kaze as wished by Lady Mikoto. Silas, Gunter, the alternate maid / butler, etc. do not hold the actual retainer title--even if the core game does its damndest to tell us some of them would give their left arm for that type of acknowledgement. Also: the fact that official Corrin has / needs that many retainers speaks to his or her overall incompetence.