Fates Headcanons

HappyHawlucha

Here is how I see it with regard to Corrin's retainers: She / he has the maid / butler that comes to her aid in chapter 6 (so for my F!Corrin it's Jakob.). She also had Flora, but at some point in the story Flora will prove that she was unworthy of the title. Also, Flora is technically MIA in the main plot, so Corrin is free to accept Kaze as wished by Lady Mikoto. Silas, Gunter, the alternate maid / butler, etc. do not hold the actual retainer title--even if the core game does its damndest to tell us some of them would give their left arm for that type of acknowledgement. Also: the fact that official Corrin has / needs that many retainers speaks to his or her overall incompetence.

Ouch.

That was brutal. But I do like your explanation. (Even though I prefer Flora over Felicia) My only problem--not really a problem, though--is that the servants are apparently trained in martial and healing arts. I guess you could say that Kaze/Silas is for the battlefield while Flora/Felicia/Jakob is for when Corrinmui has retired and they guard over them during the night; doing butler duties,

I don't know.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few more headcanons:

Camilla drinks the most wine in the army.

Kinu (because I don't like her default personality) is a fashionista and becomes good friends with Oboro and Foleo.

The Dread Fighter fox mask and fur came from an evil fox spirit that a warrior slew. After equipping them, he gained the blue fire and magical resistance that kitsune are known for.

The sheer number of retainers that Corrin gets, actually burns my bacon quite a bit. Gunter, Flora, Felicia, Jakob, Lilith, and Kaze if you count his supports. Plus Silas squeezing his way in. Thats like, six people! Holy crap!

The way I see it, the stock two "retainers" that the other royals get are their officially appointed bodyguards/advisors. They probably have many other soldiers (and this is apparent if you are fighting them) but for the sake of simplicity, only two are shown in your group. Kamui, meanwhile doesn't have any official retainers. He basically spends most of his life under house arrest and the people who work there were assigned to train and watch out for him. Until the start of the game, Kamui doesn't have a rank or role in society so he doesn't need official retainers.

The sheer number of retainers that Corrin gets, actually burns my bacon quite a bit. Gunter, Flora, Felicia, Jakob, Lilith, and Kaze if you count his supports. Plus Silas squeezing his way in. Thats like, six people! Holy crap!

I've been thinking that to myself for a while. Hell, its in my signature! (currently)

I don't have any headcanon for Fates, I just like scrolling through this type of thread to see other's thoughts.

Soleil was born with blue hair. Lucina/Chrom blue hair. Laslow had to explain everything before Hana put a sword in him a moment later.

Soleil could wield the Falchion.

Hana is surprisingly good at dancing. She incorporates near dance moves into her fights. That's right, battle pirouettes.

On the Corrin retainer situation, Felicia and Jakob are his only two retainers. Flora clearly doesn't like working for Nohr, so I doubt she counts. Silas nearly got executed once for trying to help out Corrin, so he obviously isn't truly counted. Gunter is a mentor, not a retainer, and he even seems to teach the other Nohrian royals. Kaze is only a retainer in spirit, not in actuality.

I am surprised, but I haven't done any of my Niles/M!Corrin marriage headcanons. Dammit.

Keep in mind, all of these are post Conquest/during Conquest.

[spoiler=Spoilered cause super gay]

-Niles is very spontaneous and randomly could grab Corrin and make-out with him. This causes general discomfort to everyone around them and also makes Camilla put on her killing face. It has now come to the point that whenever Corrin is going to a political meeting with Xander and Leo, Niles has to stay and babysit Elise even though she has Effie and Arthur to do that.

-Niles is very clingy and likes to hold hands with Corrin when ever possible, especially when they are sleeping.

-Niles has very bad nightmares and Corrin randomly touching him in his sleep on accident (Since Corrin is a very fidgety sleeper), makes him react by pulling his knife out, so for a while he never slept and if he did, he was fully dresses and armed. So Corrin forced him to sleep naked and Corrin purposely rubbed of Niles the whole night. Niles has since stopped having nightly nightmares.

-They have since adopted Nina in to the family. Niles found her being harassed by older boys and scared them off. Nina then proceeded to try steal Niles wallet, but stole his fake one full of pebbles (Which he carries every where in case some one tries to steal from him). After Nina told Niles she was orphaned, Niles took her in. Corrin had no objections.

-Jakob hates they taught of Niles doing 'things' to his master, so Corrin purposely locks their door when both of them are in their room to hear Jakob's reaction. It constantly surprises Niles how much of a troll Corrin can be.

-Sometimes Corrin tries to reverse rolls with Niles and he tries to dirty talk. he always fails and makes Niles laugh and this annoys Corrin.

I would post my more NSFW headcanons, but I feel like 1)People would judge me and 2)I would be banned.

Actually, Lilith isn't a retainer, she's just a stable girl.

And like NekoKnight said, the other sibilings probably also have more retainers, we just see all of Corrin's retainers because he/she is the main character.

I would post my more NSFW headcanons, but I feel like 1)People would judge me and 2)I would be banned.

You already mentioned

[spoiler=NSFW]holding hands.

I shiver to think of what else you think about.

You already mentioned

[spoiler=NSFW]holding hands.

I shiver to think of what else you think about.

I'll say this much: I have a strong suspicion that having any form of long term relationship with Niles would not be for the faint of heart. Regardless of whether the other person was male or female. Niles seems to have more then a few kinks. ;) I see that part of him sorta how others have thought of what Hans does to Scarlet: Nintendo isn't gonna tell us because it's safer for the viewer to fill in the blank with what they can handle.

Edited by Katryn

I like to headcanon that Asugi, Rhajat, and Caeldori (or whatever their names are) are the past lifes of Gaius, Tharja, and Cordelia (I know, I'm very original~).

I also like to headcanon that Corrin and Kana are the past lifes of Robin and Morgan (again, so original I know) if only for the fact a friend of mine mentioned this a few months ago. In the spoilers, just in case (you never know).

Friend : So if Fates is set before Awakening and not!Tharja, not!Cordelia, and not!Gauis are implied be the past lifes of them or whatever. Then does this mean you can have, let's say Severa, fuck the past life of her possible dad?
Me : I guess, but that might just be for them. Why do you ask?
Friend : I mean doesn't Kana imply that they are the past life of Morgan in their skinship (or whatever it's called) lines, and if so then would mean that Kamui is implied to be the past life of Robin by default?
Me : I think that was supposed to be a cute little nod, then anything else.
Friend : Well whatever, I'm going to have Inigo fuck the past gender bendered life of his possible dad.
Me : ....I think I'm going to have Owain fuck his possible aunt's past life when I first play Conquest.

Edited by December Knight

A silly one: Paper is the most, evil, malevolent dark magic found within the entire world. However, it requires godly magical power to properly wield it, and, as such, does very little damage.

Paper also gives Speed +1, which was the push Hayato needed to double things.

Can't help you with number one. If you really REALLY want to post your NSFW headcanons, shoot me a PM first. Worst I'll tell you is no.

my headcanon is that Siegbert is not worthy to wield the Siegfried because he didn't inherit his father's hair of the gods. As a result, much of Siegbert has decided to study under Izana, famous for his divine hair.

I'm sorry if my nonsense doesn't fit in with the thread.

If Percy had access to modern day movies his favorite would be Jurassic Park.

Also Owain has a play that looks suspiciously like the plot of awakening tucked away, just waiting to release it and make tones of money. Severa and Inigo are in on it and they are gonna make bank when this is all over...

The real reason Inigo, Severa, and Odin disapear is because they are actually a part of the Exiles, and they have to reality hop and fix or help out the world and its problems before they move on to the next. Its why Owain is a Dark Mage, its so he can use the Tallus and its teleporting abilities.

Niles isn't actually missing an eye, he just wears it to mess with people, and just like Jarlaxle does in Forgotten Realms, he switches what eye it is on frequently to further toy with people.

If Nyx and Corrin marry, Nyx uses magic to extend Corrins lifespan, and when he supposedly "dies" they both disappear and live an extremely long time. I actually want to draw a few pics based off of this idea by drawing the two with different styles for time periods like 1920's clothing, early colonial styles, and even Cyberpunk. I think it would make an interesting story too.

Edited by Tolvir

I have this head cannon about an event in conquest. I can't remember exactly but I think it's chapter 13. The one where you fight Takumi and Scarlet in Cheve. After the battle the avatar asks Camilla about Scarlet and she said that Hans wanted to make an *example* out of her. We don't actually get to see what happens to her but I think that Hans and his men probably raped her and then hung her body up in the center of town for others to see. Now I know this wouldn't happen in a Nintendo game but seeing how harsh nohrains are said to be. Specially people like Hans and Garon I could see that happening.

Headcanon: I am most probably the only person that adamantly ships Niles with Arthur (and this one person on tumblr I saw). My Mamui is involved with both Jakob and Silas (even though I said Silas was dead in my headcanon). No, there isn't any necrophilia. Hinoka and Setsuna are secretly together--Hinoka is too busy taking care of Setsuna to mention it and we all know how Setsuna is. Tsubaki likes Hinata and his fixation on Hinata's unkempt appearance stems from his own envy, admiration and attraction; Hinata is somewhat less oblivious and purposely trains without a shirt on in front of Tsubaki. Leo and Takumi like trading letters, talking mad smack about everyone they know because obviously they are the superior beings. Ryoma and Xander are locked in a heated battle to claim the heart of the almighty KILLager, Mozu, because whoever has her factually has the best kingdom.

Necromancy is locked to Corrinmui (at least mine) while summoning Faceless and the undead wyverns are categorized as summoning (LOL). Necromancy apparently involves a human being and apparently there are only two individuals that can do necromancy in canon. I'm doing like mad research to iron out kinks and to make my whole Phoenix Mode AU work properly because I have the urge to start dabbling in drabblings.

Here is another random headcanon:

Laslow, Selena, Odin, Asugi (Gaius), Caeldori (Cordelia) and Rhajat (Tharja) are all in this game based on the popularity polls and their CGs in the Hot-Spring and Summer Scrambles. But, they are obviously missing Lucina and Chrom, who also got CGs in their respective Scramble DLC. My headcanon is that instead of coming to the world of Fates, they went to the world of Project Zone X.

Soleil, Ophelia, and Caeldori (who is, in my headcanon, the daughter of Selena) often saw each other growing up and consider themselves as cousins.

Also, in my headcanon, Selkie is the daughter of Hinoka, and part of the reason she's so reckless (jumps off a cliff in her C-Support with her mother, thinks of battle as a "game") is because she doesn't entirely understand how Dragon Vein works and thinks she could use it to protect herself if things went REALLY south.

I'll say this much: I have a strong suspicion that having any form of long term relationship with Niles would not be for the faint of heart. Regardless of whether the other person was male or female. Niles seems to have more then a few kinks. ;) I see that part of him sorta how others have thought of what Hans does to Scarlet: Nintendo isn't gonna tell us because it's safer for the viewer to fill in the blank with what they can handle.

loool. My male MU is actually perfectly down with Niles' umm...other side. More like "oh finally, someone to try this stuff with!" In the JP version, hes strongly implied to be a bit into BDSM. Particularly the S side of things.

S support.

sidebar-gif-loki-like-burn-ooh.gif

my headcanon is that Siegbert is not worthy to wield the Siegfried because he didn't inherit his father's hair of the gods. As a result, much of Siegbert has decided to study under Izana, famous for his divine hair.

I'm sorry if my nonsense doesn't fit in with the thread.

Im down. Siegbert's hair is not Sieg enough for the Fried.

Saizo had sweets with his father on the day before he died.

When he sees sweets now, he gets very emotional and he brushes it off as him not liking them.

I really like this one too.

I am most probably the only person that adamantly ships Niles with Arthur (and this one person on tumblr I saw).

I ship those two as well

Anyways, coming back with another head canon based on classes! So their are four people with access to the Oni Savage class line. (If we don't count an avatar who can choose it as their secondary). The first three are from the Wind Tribe and the Flame Tribe, Hayato, Fuga, and Rinkah. The only other person that can become an Oni Savage is Hinata. His stats and growths aside it doesn't really make much sense he would get it since the only other people who can get it are from one of the tribes. Now let's look at what Rinkah talks about in her B support with the avatar.

She mentions that a long time ago that an enemy tribe had extinguished her town's flame. This had angered the Flame God and soon brought destruction to the enemy tribe and her own tribe taking a hard hit as well.

So with this I head canon that Hinata is a descendant of one of the few living tribe members that had managed to survive and decided to serve the Hoshidan royalty as one of their samurai as the already knew how to wield a sword and since they had nowhere else to go.

Edited by ChaosFox

My headcanon about Shiro being a total momma's boy if Elise is his mom turned out to be canon! :D

Other small headcanons that I like:

- Camilla wears bangs over one eye because she lost that eye to the fighting in the Nohr courts

- Charlotte stitches money into her shoes, because she's afraid that if she leaves it lying around it'll get stolen

- On Revelation, Corrin and Azura's wedding involves a blend of traditions from both Hoshido and Nohr

A headcanon that I have to explain Soleil and her 'situation'.

Soleil is Homo-Demisexual. Normally, she is a lesbian attracted to girls, but like with what Demisexual insinuates, when she has a strong enough connection to a girl or boy, she falls in love with them. Thus her reasoning for wanting to marry the M!MU at S support.

This may be wrong since I don't think Homo-Demisexual is a thing, but ehhh.

I have tons and tons of HC's. Here are some I posted before (pre-localization, so they use the original names):

• Sakura's dolls (from her Suzukaze supports) are repaired both by her and Hinoka. Suzukaze says that the dolls look somewhat familiar, but he can't immediately see that they're based off the Hoshido royals, only able to tell who they are by their hair color. So when they got all ratty and scuffed, Hinoka offered to repair them when she saw how upset Sakura was about them. Unfortunately, as seen from her Camilla supports, Hinoka isn't very good at sewing, so they ended up a little mangled. Sakura finishes the repairs but she keeps Hinoka's little 'artistic touches' because she's ecstatic that Hinoka offered in the first place.
  • Marx ran away from home briefly as a young teenager. Maybe for a few weeks? (Also maybe to a farming village? Could explain his fascination with carrots.) Either way, it contributed heavily to Camilla's attachment issues because one of the only siblings who's actually nice to her suddenly disappears for no reason? Yeah, not fun. Also Garon was very disappointed in him, which, along with Marx's own memories of Garon as a loving father, is part of why Marx is so willing to endure so much to avoid risking disappointing his father again.
  • Saizou has a goddamn dog whistle. Kamui just uses it to summon him for makeouts and sex when she gets in the mood. Kagerou and/or Suzukaze once responded to it on accident, thinking they were being called. Saizou snaps the flute in half and can't look either of his fellow ninja in the eye for weeks.
  • Saizou and Suzukaze are beyond intimidated by Kagerou's brother, for some completely inexplicable reason.

Unabashed Ryouma/Elise and Marx/Sakura hc's based on letter writing, because letter writing is apparently a Hoshido family thing (Shiro's mom supports, Hinoka/Kaze and Hinoka/Saizo supports):

• Ryouma sends letters to Elise the most often- he's usually the one without the liberty to leave Hoshido, so he sends them as much as he is able. They're not always long, but every single one of them is filled to the brim with his love her for. It's always different each time too; sometimes they're compliments so outlandish that Elise rolls her eyes at them, but in private she'll read them over and over again blushing, because it always makes her feel better to know that he's thinking of her so much. Sometimes, he stops by the markets and encloses sheets of colorful paper in his messages, that make pictures and patterns when they're folded into paper planes.
  • Elise hates hates hates going to all her lessons, penmanship among them, but she'll spend hours writing pages upon pages to send Ryouma the perfect letter; Leon sometimes jokingly complains that she's using as much parchment as he does when devising strategy and policies. Sometimes she sends pressed flowers too, little previews of the flower crowns she's going to make for him when she can visit next. Her letters read more like diary entries than anything, and almost every third paragraph is saying the same thing over and over again about how much she misses him, but he treasures each of the ones she sends him as much as she does the ones he sends her.
  • Sakura sends elegant scrolls to Marx telling him all about these little things that's been happening to her, places she's found or people she's met. She starts each one describing the flowers in the area, their own little inside joke. Her words on the page are more eloquence and elegance than those she can currently express in speaking, but that's okay, because Marx can't yet get the hang of writing that isn't combat reports or court speeches. His writing comes off as stiff and awkward, paragraphs beginning where they shouldn't and sentences trailing off into nothingness when he realizes he's run out of words to continue since he's spilled all his emotions already, but that's okay too.

And a couple more I have lurking about in mind for some fics that I'm writing (backstory stuff, some spoilers for Revelation)

• Sumeragi and Ikona were an arranged marriage and they are very close friends. No resentment about the whole thing, so she doesn't mind when he falls in love with Mikoto and he doesn't mind when she starts spending a lot of time with Reina. In fact, Ikona is absolutely charmed by Mikoto too, and the two of them are great friends.
  • Alternatively, straight up Sumeragi/Mikoto/Ikona polyamory. Hey, Garon had concubines. And cheating doesn't sit well with me.
  • Garon and Sumeragi were childhood penpals. Long distance friends, basically. That's why Sumeragi was willing to go meet with Garon in Cheve.
  • Sumeragi was a reckless as hell teenager and accidentally fell into Valla one day. Valla is extremely distrustful of outsiders, so when Mikoto found him unconscious, she hid him away and helped him recover and eventually get back out. He spent a few years thinking it was just a weird fever dream until Mikoto showed up again with Corrin.

And finally, some non-spoilery miscellaneous ones:

• Peri is distantly related to Azura. This one is a huge stretch, but basically in Greek mythology, Arete's great-grandmother is named Periboea. It'd explain the blue hair.
  • The royals won't be able to turn into dragons ever, but they do get rashes and blisters if they have to handle wyrmslayers for a long period of time (like a nickel allergy, basically)
  • Yay for unrequited love. Corrin's childhood goes Corrin -> Flora -> Jakob -> Corrin, and poor Felicia is stuck in the middle of this whole mess as everyone vents to her and tries not to take a side.
  • Not really headcanons, but my crack pairings: Camilla/Subaki, Xander/Flora, Hinoka/Selena, Niles/Kaze. Don't ask why, I wouldn't be able to answer either.
Edited by wvype

I have tons and tons of HC's. Here are some I posted before (pre-localization, so they use the original names):

• Sakura's dolls (from her Suzukaze supports) are repaired both by her and Hinoka. Suzukaze says that the dolls look somewhat familiar, but he can't immediately see that they're based off the Hoshido royals, only able to tell who they are by their hair color. So when they got all ratty and scuffed, Hinoka offered to repair them when she saw how upset Sakura was about them. Unfortunately, as seen from her Camilla supports, Hinoka isn't very good at sewing, so they ended up a little mangled. Sakura finishes the repairs but she keeps Hinoka's little 'artistic touches' because she's ecstatic that Hinoka offered in the first place.

• Marx ran away from home briefly as a young teenager. Maybe for a few weeks? (Also maybe to a farming village? Could explain his fascination with carrots.) Either way, it contributed heavily to Camilla's attachment issues because one of the only siblings who's actually nice to her suddenly disappears for no reason? Yeah, not fun. Also Garon was very disappointed in him, which, along with Marx's own memories of Garon as a loving father, is part of why Marx is so willing to endure so much to avoid risking disappointing his father again.

• Saizou has a goddamn dog whistle. Kamui just uses it to summon him for makeouts and sex when she gets in the mood. Kagerou and/or Suzukaze once responded to it on accident, thinking they were being called. Saizou snaps the flute in half and can't look either of his fellow ninja in the eye for weeks.

• Saizou and Suzukaze are beyond intimidated by Kagerou's brother, for some completely inexplicable reason.

Unabashed Ryouma/Elise and Marx/Sakura hc's based on letter writing, because letter writing is apparently a Hoshido family thing (Shiro's mom supports, Hinoka/Kaze and Hinoka/Saizo supports):

• Ryouma sends letters to Elise the most often- he's usually the one without the liberty to leave Hoshido, so he sends them as much as he is able. They're not always long, but every single one of them is filled to the brim with his love her for. It's always different each time too; sometimes they're compliments so outlandish that Elise rolls her eyes at them, but in private she'll read them over and over again blushing, because it always makes her feel better to know that he's thinking of her so much. Sometimes, he stops by the markets and encloses sheets of colorful paper in his messages, that make pictures and patterns when they're folded into paper planes.
  • Elise hates hates hates going to all her lessons, penmanship among them, but she'll spend hours writing pages upon pages to send Ryouma the perfect letter; Leon sometimes jokingly complains that she's using as much parchment as he does when devising strategy and policies. Sometimes she sends pressed flowers too, little previews of the flower crowns she's going to make for him when she can visit next. Her letters read more like diary entries than anything, and almost every third paragraph is saying the same thing over and over again about how much she misses him, but he treasures each of the ones she sends him as much as she does the ones he sends her.
  • Sakura sends elegant scrolls to Marx telling him all about these little things that's been happening to her, places she's found or people she's met. She starts each one describing the flowers in the area, their own little inside joke. Her words on the page are more eloquence and elegance than those she can currently express in speaking, but that's okay, because Marx can't yet get the hang of writing that isn't combat reports or court speeches. His writing comes off as stiff and awkward, paragraphs beginning where they shouldn't and sentences trailing off into nothingness when he realizes he's run out of words to continue since he's spilled all his emotions already, but that's okay too.

And a couple more I have lurking about in mind for some fics that I'm writing (backstory stuff, some spoilers for Revelation)

• Sumeragi and Ikona were an arranged marriage and they are very close friends. No resentment about the whole thing, so she doesn't mind when he falls in love with Mikoto and he doesn't mind when she starts spending a lot of time with Reina. In fact, Ikona is absolutely charmed by Mikoto too, and the two of them are great friends.
  • Alternatively, straight up Sumeragi/Mikoto/Ikona polyamory. Hey, Garon had concubines. And cheating doesn't sit well with me.
  • Garon and Sumeragi were childhood penpals. Long distance friends, basically. That's why Sumeragi was willing to go meet with Garon in Cheve.
  • Sumeragi was a reckless as hell teenager and accidentally fell into Valla one day. Valla is extremely distrustful of outsiders, so when Mikoto found him unconscious, she hid him away and helped him recover and eventually get back out. He spent a few years thinking it was just a weird fever dream until Mikoto showed up again with Corrin.

And finally, some non-spoilery miscellaneous ones:

• Peri is distantly related to Azura. This one is a huge stretch, but basically in Greek mythology, Arete's great-grandmother is named Periboea. It'd explain the blue hair.
  • The royals won't be able to turn into dragons ever, but they do get rashes and blisters if they have to handle wyrmslayers for a long period of time (like a nickel allergy, basically)
  • Yay for unrequited love. Corrin's childhood goes Corrin -> Flora -> Jakob -> Corrin, and poor Felicia is stuck in the middle of this whole mess as everyone vents to her and tries not to take a side.
  • Not really headcanons, but my crack pairings: Camilla/Subaki, Xander/Flora, Hinoka/Selena, Niles/Kaze. Don't ask why, I wouldn't be able to answer either.

I'm so happy to find someone who shares my headcannon!

You know, the one about Sumeragi and Ikona being an arranged marriage, but the two were close friends, and the fact the she liked Mikoto!

Another bit of my headcannon, is that Ikona loved another man, but he died in scuffle with Nohr.