Fates Headcanons

HappyHawlucha

I think this is shared by a lot of people; it simply doesn't work in the story anyway; casual trips to other dimensions and instant pregnancies during the war is a little hard to swallow.

I headcanon that they have the pregnancy in the Deeprealm, tho I personally also consider the children more postgame content than anything.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I headcanon that they have the pregnancy in the Deeprealm, tho I personally also consider the children more postgame content than anything.

Doubtful, since they put it there after the pregnancy has taken place.

Also, I think Garon would've been mighty interested in his new heirs, as would Iago, etc. The list of problems with them can be made long. I liked the mechanic in Awakening but I'd rather not have it implemented in this haphazard way.

This is more like a 'I would have wished X' topic more than a Headcanons topic... which is the point of an headcanon I believe ?

What's that ? Awakening trio ? Children ? Do da la la la la la LALALA, I can't hear you ! Gee, could you imagine how stupid it would be if there was the Awakening trio and second generation characters ?! I know, it would be so stupid, right ? Right ?!

... Oh crap in the Nile...

Corrin being a name given as a cover by Garon/his siblings/whatever is quite the good idea, which seem to have been adopted by a lot of fanfic authors. And well, I like the idea. Though it kind of kill the whole Suzukaze who recognize him/her... or not. Kamui isn't the most normal person ever. Having white hair, pointed ears and red eyes...

Maybe they just don't wear their underwear correctly; if they didn't put their panties and boxers on the outside of their outfits I'm sure the enchantments would work.

Do you have any idea just how brain bleaching what you said is ? 'Cause I have.

Edited by B.Leu

My headcannon is that Sakura marries Leo to create a bond between Hoshido and Nohr. Of the Hoshidan siblings she is the only one who never says "Nohrrian scum", "Nohrrian filth", "I've always wanted to use a Nohrrian royal for target practice", etc. I'm sure part of this is her anxiety / shyness / etc., but Sakura seems like a softer, quieter character overall and in general like a person who wouldn't naturally or easily give in to that kind of talking. Leo, on the other hand, has grown up with Garon and has more of a hardened edge than she does (eg. he was going to execute Niles when they met, and in two routes he offs Zola without batting an eye), but he is also a man of honor, intelligence and thought. I think he could get past troubles with Hoshido and be happy marrying someone from there if it was her.

Then, of course, there is what he does in Revelation chapter 10. *dies*

Leo coulda left her there. He could've killed Zola and taken her hostage himself. He could've easily killed them both outta spite. But not only does he actually save her, he also shows the group where Isana (and Takumi) are, dressed up as a very pissed off spell but still. XD.

I'm in the camp with everyone who thinks Nohr needs resources, and do you really think Ryouma & Co. are gonna ignore that if cute baby sister marries a Nohrrian prince and is spending a good chunk of her life there? Heck no. They'd probably send more aid then expected (without screwing up Hoshido, of course) since they would figure Sakura is under-estimating what is necessary due to her shyness.

She would benefit from a friendship with Xander, who would be able to teach her more about learning to live with her shyness and not let it get so much in the way. Camilla would likely latch onto her (it's Camilla--some things are just gonna happen) and gods help anyone who screws with Sakura post-war if that happens. And she and Elise would have fun playing music together, going places and experiencing things. I actually have another headcannon where Elise and Leo teach Sakura to ride a horse and she ends up a strategist. I could just see her siblings faces when the Nohrrians come to visit and Sakura's riding her own horse. *laughs*

Leo and Takumi become very good friends, and Takumi visits a lot since he doesn't have as many responsibilities as Ryouma does. Hinoka is initially wary of the match, but the more happy and confident Sakura is each time they see each other, the more she relaxes about it. Ryouma gets a lot of support and encouragement for the couple from his own wife, Scarlet. She, having been aware of how Nohr was when things were wrong, is able to assure him things are much better now and Ryouma likely admires the fact that Sakura, of all people, was able and willing to go somewhere new. He probably thinks it is good for her.

! ! !

A few... mostly based off of my Revelations pairings...

I've accepted that Ryoma is a grill dad. He is really good at cooking, but he's bad about proportion sizes. Due to being king and all, along with his training, he eats a lot. His wife, Elise, is just a young girl. So he basically gives her a lot of food that she can't finish, so she gives the rest to Keaton or Effie.

Laslow is Ylissian royalty

The way Fujin works with the environment is it carries the user "like the wind." Takumi literally moves like the breeze.

Sometimes, Niles catches Oboro wearing his eyepatch and trying to accessorize around that.

So far what my head canon is from playing Conquest on what I'll do on Revelations. Though Birthright will come first before Revelations.

Though the game likes to imply that Azura and Corrin are supposed to hook up, I don't think they do. I think what probably happens (on the true path, Revelations), is that each leader marries a family member to create a family 3 way alliance. It would make the most sense as this would give the people of each country an understanding as to why there is now peace between 3 different nations.

The reason I think this, is I hooked up Xander and Azura in Conquest and this suddenly made sense to me as to what would happen on the true path. It would also explain why Siegbert is so insecure, because he's not the only child and there's a very worthy candidate in Shigure next to him. Actually both are quite insecure, which would make them being siblings quite a good thing.

As for who would hook up with who, that's the part that's hard, since I haven't played Birthright or Revelations yet (need money to buy it, also Chapter 17 of Conquest for me so far).

I'd probably suspect Camilla marrying Ryoma. From what I gather of the two, they probably are "mommy" and "daddy" to Corrin. Thus, they'd hook up. Also, just because I think those two would surprisingly get along really well. Though I'm speculating here, since I'm Conquest only at the moment.

Before you ask, yes I do realize where this leads to Corrin needing to marry someone from Hoshido to complete the alliance. So that leaves either Hinoka, Sakura and Takumi. Before you ask "where's Subaki", his daughter is Cordelia's granddaughter. I've seen the picture of Caeldori and it was all I needed to have Selena and Subaki hook up.

Though as you can see with my avatar, I think Corrin is female. One thing that makes me think Corrin is female a little small detail, "little prince/ss". While this is a translation thing, I just can't see Xander ever calling the male Corrin "little prince". It just doesn't feel right. His character just screams to say that type of thing only at female Corrin. There are others, but this is not really me putting a debate up for that. I'm just saying it for saying sake on the next part.

Thusly, this sticks us with Takumi as the guy. However, this would make a few things have more sense. It would explain why Takumi thinks Corrin will betray them, so as to hide his feelings concerning her. It would explain about that letter I heard about, that confirms the truth about her birth. It would explain why Takumi falls into so much despair in Conquest (like Garon wants Corrin too) as the woman he loves has betrayed them (though she hasn't), especially since he knows the truth. Because, there's no way you'd be as angry as Takumi is unless you somehow take it personally. I'm assuming he's not as mad about Mikoto dying in Birthright, so it definitely isn't because she died that he's that angry.

I also think that Takumi x Corrin also works from the sibling standpoint. If you side with Nohr, Corrin admits that she feels that the Nohr siblings are her siblings, thus she wouldn't give them up. This would mean that there's no chance that she would hook up with Leo. I also think that Leo wouldn't marry Corrin as Leo seems to see Corrin as his "rival". I don't think Leo would ever have feelings for her.

I discount Ryoma and Xander, as I can't see either of them hooking up with Corrin. Ryoma has the whole "papa" thing going, and Xander seems to want a person such as either Peri or Azura by his side.

So there you have it. I think it would be Azura x Xander, Ryoma x Camilla and Takumi x Corrin for alliance making.

Also, thanks to Katryn, Leo x Sakura take Sakura out of the picture and would leave only Takumi or Hinoka. And frankly I could never, ever see Hinoka being in love with Corrin. As a sibling, yes. As a person? No. Leaving only Takumi.

Anyways, that's my head canon at the moment. After I finish Conquest, get to play Birthright, I'll probably find out I'm wrong, but this is what it is at the moment.

This took way longer than I was planning.

I've accepted that Ryoma is a grill dad. He is really good at cooking, but he's bad about proportion sizes.

You know what I want to see now? A grill off between Xander and Ryouma. Corrin is the judge since they've gotten used to different food from both countries, and the choice should reflect the lines spoken during chapter six, but just be about food.

Corrin: "I'm sorry Ryouma but...the seasoning was just a bit off..."

Ryouma: "How can you say that?! How can you choose Nohrian barbeque over glorious Hoshippon yakitori?! Didn't you see what those barbarians did, adding way much pepper to that steak?!"

Xander: "You chose well, Corrin. You may be Hoshidan, but I have always considered your taste buds to be Nohrian".

Etc., etc.

You know what I want to see now? A grill off between Xander and Ryouma. Corrin is the judge since they've gotten used to different food from both countries, and the choice should reflect the lines spoken during chapter six, but just be about food.

Corrin: "I'm sorry Ryouma but...the seasoning was just a bit off..."

Ryouma: "How can you say that?! How can you choose Nohrian barbeque over glorious Hoshippon yakitori?! Didn't you see what those barbarians did, adding way much pepper to that steak?!"

Xander: "You chose well, Corrin. You may be Hoshidan, but I have always considered your taste buds to be Nohrian".

Etc., etc.

Thor/Lumi has completely convinced me Ryoma is a grilldad. It's how it must be.

-Azura is a schizoid

-Camilla's wyvern used to belong to the ruler or a general of Cheve

-Faceless are the result of experimentation with mutagens on humans, kinda like Fallout's Super Mutants

-The Hoshido siblings believe that Corrin is dead

-Hoshidan society is discriminatory to immigrants

-Nohr is a meritocracy while Hoshido is halfway between feudalism and theocracy

Anankos was the first multi-cellular being to exist that wasn't a plant

-Corrin was bullied by other kids in Hoshido for being a bastard child

Edited by Phillius

@ Ebony: OMG yes about Oboro x Niles. :D I felt immense guilt pairing her / Takumi with anyone else before I read the supports for these two but *damn*. I'm sorry, but innuendo takes two to work. If she wasn't listening for it it wouldn't fully be there. *laughs*

Which totally frees me up to agree with @ DorianS about the Takumi x Corrin ship. I've *wanted* to do this one but was blocked because I initially figured he belonged with Oboro. Then again, as you poiunted out with regard to M!Corrin x Azura, we don't *have* to pair the way the game wants us to. Also, glad you like the Sakura x Leo stuff. I'd been hoping they'd match well since the first time I saw them and they are likely my favorite pair in the game now. <3

@ Ebony: OMG yes about Oboro x Niles. :D I felt immense guilt pairing her / Takumi with anyone else before I read the supports for these two but *damn*. I'm sorry, but innuendo takes two to work. If she wasn't listening for it it wouldn't fully be there. *laughs*

It also leads me to ones I had about Nina.

I personally believed her to be well read. She steals books. Not money - books.

Oboro makes costume for her for fun.

Oboro took Niles to her parent's grave. She expected some wiseass remark or innuendo. Instead he was a silent as he ever was and was just there for her.

In the kid focused DLC that's coming out, after Oboro and Niles die, she wears her hair up like Oboro and keeps Niles's eyepatch.

I thought of a few more

All three routes are canon thanks to Outrealms

All Nintendo franchises can be visited thru the Outrealm/Dragon's Gate

Warning, TOTAL BULLSHIT I choose to believe inbound

Corrin is descended my male Awakening Avatar whom I headcanon to be literally Solid Snake and Tiki. He inherited his unusual charisma from my Awakening Avatar.

Azura is an alternate universe version of Ninian from FE7, like Caeldori or Rhajat.

[spoiler=Conquest Spoilers]The Demons that possessed Garon and Takumi are actually related to Formortis and Doma

@ Katryn - I can't do it myself, since I'm poor and can't get the additional content yet (I want Birthright and Conquest), but I honestly am thinking it goes that way. It just seems a more natural fit for how the game ends. Also your Leo x Sakura makes a ton of sense. Especially with what you've said.

I realize that Corrin x Azura works as the game presents itself. However, I find female Corrin to be a better character than male Corrin. I know there really isn't much difference, but what is there seems to make it for me. At least.

How about this one: everytime someone loses in the arena, Corrin gets incredibly upset that he lost a cabbage.

It's not just Corrin. I get pissed off when I lose my cabbage, too. Them shits take too long to grow.

Headcanon: People constantly misspell and mispronounce Tsubaki's name. No matter how he corrects others, they continue to spell and pronounce his name wrong. Distraught over the one imperfection that refuses to leave him, he changed his name to Subaki.

How about this one: everytime someone loses in the arena, Corrin gets incredibly upset that he lost a cabbage.

Much like a dragon hordes gems, Corrin hordes... cabbages.

Oh, and Kiragi eventually will inherit his mom's mount. Imagine a Kinshi Knight, but on a dragon. That'll be Kiragi.

Laslow is Ylissian royalty

I share this headcanon. It's why Laslow got the Hero's Brand in my Conquest run.

Aside from that one run where I'm going to do F!Corrin/Takumi and that other one where Corrin!Caeldori and Kiragi are together, Takumi and Sakura are Corrin's half-siblings.

Much like "Corrin" is the name given to Kamui in Nohr, "Azura" is the name Aqua chose for herself after being accepted into the Hoshido royal family.

Corrin's perpetual lack of footwear and (at least in my games) enjoyment of putting silly accessories on everyone in the army including themselves stems from the fact that their wardrobe was one of the few things Corrin had some control over while in isolation. The older brothers (and Azura in Revelation) figure this out and ask/threaten/bribe the army to accommodate them. (Azura doesn't wear shoes because she kept ruining them by running into water with them on. After the fifth pair, Mikoto tells her to go barefoot instead.)

Forrest and Oboro, in Revelation, bond over their mutual love of fashion. They swear they will help Corrin become fashionable once the war ends.

Real Garon and Sumeragi were friends at some point before Real Garon was killed and replaced. That's why Sumeragi walked into the obvious trap that was Cheve, with his young son/daughter in tow; he honestly thought he and his old friend were going to come together and finally find a solution to the tension between their two nations.

The barrier around Hoshido is actually a form of Valla magic taught to Mikoto by Arete. It only works because Mikoto is a Vallan, and thus is almost impossible to recreate.

Edited by AzureSen

More HCs cause why the fuck not! (Also I have no life):

-Orochi and Niles like to discuss different 'alternative' ways to capture and 'persuade' people to join them.

-Gunter and Reina are old friends before the war got really deep. They used to be drinking buddies and were there when they both got their scars.

-Yukimura was always jealous of Sumeragi since he had a not very hidden attraction to Mikoto. When Sumeragi was killed, Yukimura was very slightly happy since he now had a chance with Mikoto.

-Kaden and Keaton are actually great friends who, until joining their specific army, got lost in Cyrkensia trying to find one another to meet up.

-Sakura learned how to use a yumi from Takumi and Elise learned magic from Leo.

-Camilla has PTSD and uses alcohol as an escape.

-Hinoka was had long hair but cut it after dedicating her life to finding Corrin.

-Ryoma and Xander were once childhood friends until shit happened.

-Ryoma and Scarlet is canon.

In Conquest, after Scarlet is killed, it is revealed she was also pregnant with Shiro. In Rev, they were casually dating and were waiting to tell everyone about their relationship. In Birthright, hey had a bit of a fling, but nothing ever happened.

-Leo marries Sakura in Rev to truly establish a Nohr-Hoshido connection. They rule over Mozu's old village after its reconstruction as it is labeled the first Nohrshido land.

-Leo and Niles were lovers and Leo's first time was with Niles. They however stopped due to Leo marrying Sakura.

-Fuga and Sumeragi had a drunken fling one night. This someone made them better friends and they used to laugh at it all the time. Everyone else was oblivious.

-While Flora has a crush on Jakob, Jakob has a crush on Felicia and Felicia is extremely oblivious. (In a nice world, they all end up together)

-Setuna, Arthur and Percy are the best super hero team ever.

-Mozu marries Xander and her canon final class is Great Lord.

-Saizo is super gay for Subaki while Kagero is super gay for Orochi. This is why they broke up.

And finally, some of my heacanons for the kids as not kids since I dislike how they were done:

Kana-Actual child of Corrin. Born to him and Azura after Valla's reconstruction and repopulation.

Shigure-Azura's cousin and leader of the Valla Resistance Army which consisted of the last Vallite people.

Dwyer-Trainee butler under Jakob. Jakob envies him a lot since he sees that he is a better butler yet is constantly rude to him.

Sophie-Silas's sister. Has a crush on Xander and wanted to become a knight to fight alongside him but never could due to her clumsiness.

Midori-Adopted by Kaze after her parents death. She constantly goes missing in search of herbs.

Shiro-Cousin to the Hoshidan royals. Longs to take the throne and is extremely jealous of Ryoma.

Kiragi-Another cousin of the Hoshidans. Does not care about the throne unlike Shrio and is happy just going hunting.

Asugi-Actual child of Kagero and Saizo. Born when they were just teens and was part of the reason they broke up.

Selkie-Princess of the Kitsune and guarded by Kaden. Constantly getting him in trouble since she likes to run off to find more people to play with.

Hisame-Hayato's assigned guardian from the Wind Tribe. Is jealous of Hayato since he wants to become the new chief but realizes it would never happen anyways

Mitama-Subordinate to Izana.

Caeldori-Subaki's rival. She was supposed to become Sakura's retainer but Subaki beat her in a battle and got the place instead.

Rhajat-See Mitama.

Siegbert-Cousin of the Nohrians. Idolizes Xander and wants to fight alongside him.

Forrest-Cousin of the Nohrians. Owns the most popular fashion store in Nohr.

Ignatius-Benny saved his life when he was a child. This made him want to become a knight like Benny.

Velouria-Personal guard to Keaton. Very clingy and protective of him. After meeting Selkie, she starts to be like this also to her.

Percy-Son of Arthur. He has a deep hatred for him since Arthur left him with his not very nice aunt after his mother's death, not knowing why he left in the first place (Which was because Arthur felt like he was not good enough and wanted to become better by becoming a royal knight).

Ophelia and Soeil-Lovers who a part of a mercenary band.

Nina-Niles' apprentice. He saved her from being attacked by some older men which caused her want to be like him. This also helped with her development of liking yaoi.

To make this story element mesh better in my head, I just HC that

Kamui is the full-blooded sibling of the Hoshidans and can't marry either set of siblings.

I also HC that Camilla and Ryoma's supports don't suck and the brunt of their relationship as it takes place between A and S.

That the kids are all just a pipe dream and actually happen in the aftermath of the war sans Babyrealm.

That the Awakening kids don't actually look identical to their counterparts.

That's not what I'd call end up together though, but maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic.

I mean, good for Jakob, but the guy's an asshole.

And now come the nice guy comments.

I would headcanon that Jakob is an asshole but that is only a front to hide his insecurities, but TBH, I agree, he is just a massive asshole.