Fates Headcanons

HappyHawlucha

@ Ngtunganh

Corrin's real father is not Robin. Corrin's father is an ancient dragon.

Anankos is his father. As soon as Chapter 5 said Corrin's an ancient dragon. Anankos gets called an ancient dragon not that long afterwards. Pretty easy to see that. That's probably the only reason Garon doesn't outright kill Corrin. ...though Anankos is a really terrible dad.

We're doing headcanon here Ngt. Don't worry. This all is only what we think is probably canon. None of it is real, though we are saying things that technically would make a lot of sense. Nothing really official here.

I hope not.Because we already have evil dad in Awakening

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allow me to answer that question with a representation of Corrin's DNA

136.gif

"Azura, please come in. I need to touch your face."

"Why?"

"... I want to see those... beautiful eyes of your's."

"With your hands-"

"LET ME TOUCH"

My own personal headcanons (I'm not sure what should be considered a Spoiler or not, so I'm hiding everything):

Sumeragi dual-wielded the Raijintou and the Yato-no-Kami. I recall instances of supports mentioning that he wielded either of them.

Sumeragi was incredibly strong, but incredibly naïve (perhaps even more than Corrin). He genuinely believed that Garon was going to discuss a peace treaty, so he went unarmed. He brought Ryoma and Corrin with him so they could befriend Garon's own children for diplomatic reasons, while Hinoka stayed behind to take care of Sakura and grieve her biological mother's recent death. Ironically, this ended up being a relatively good decision (not the best one, but certainly not the worst), as Garon ended up not being able to get his hands on the Raijintou and the Yato-no-Kami.

Hinoka used to know that Corrin wasn't her sibling, but they were close enough to act like siblings. Years being apart made her forget that they weren't related.

Elise is related to Rinka. Since they both pass down the same hair color to their children, I think there might even be a chance that they are half-sisters on their mother's side.

Sumeragi used to be reckless like Shiro and at first didn't want to inherit the crown. Years traveling with Hayato's parents and Fuuga taught him what it meant to be there for his people, as well as the meaning of self-restraint.

Garon was just as shitty of a ruler as Slime!Garon, but he kept it hidden better. The events described in Corrin and Gunter's supports, as well as the desctruction of Gunter's village and keeping Felicia and Flora hostage were because of the real Garon.

At first, Gunter just used Corrin as an excuse to get close to Garon so he could assassinate him, but eventually started to see Corrin as his own child. This delayed his plans to kill Garon as he kept worrying for their safety.

Ironically, Slime!Garon was kinder to Corrin than Real!Garon was. He didn't outright order people to abuse them, and granted them retainers such as Gunter, Jakob, Lilith, Felicia and Flora to help him out. This is because of Anankos Heart gaining a very small amount of control over Mad!Ananos after the events of the Hidden Truths DLC.

There was an ambush waiting for Corrin when he almost fell in Valla during Chapter 3. Lilith intervened because Corrin wasn't ready for this. Coincidentally, Azura was in Valla at the time, and sung a way for Gunter to survive.

Bond Units are created in the same way that Anankos created Lilith.

Sumeragi had a dojo where he taught Self-Defense. He gave some extra private lessons for Corrin even before him and Mikoto were married.

During Lilith's death in both routes, when she says that she loves Corrin, she meant it romantically despite being half-siblings. Thanks for sinking my ship, game.

The name of Hayato's parents were Izanagi and Izanami. One or both of them are distantly related to Izana.

Odin sucks at Dark Magic. He usually only uses other types of Magic, such as Light or Anima, or non-cursing Hexes.. He is only a Dark Mage because he thinks it looks cool. The Sword-Hand is still his true calling.

If Azura didn't have huge insecurities because of the abuse she received from both Nohrian and Hoshidan nobility, she'd be a much bigger troll than Azama.

Laslow has the same fear of heights that Odin has.

Soleil eventually marries Layla after the end of the game.

I've got more, but I need to sleep pretty soon.

I already say my Fujin headcanon in the other thread, but here is again!

My headcanon is that the Fujin have a side effect. You see, Kiragi say in his supports with Takumi that a strong mind is necessary for using the bow, but we know that Takumi actually have a weak mind, so, what if the user use all his mental concentration in the bow, and in respond the Fujin let them weak in other mind aspects, and that is why Takumi have too much issues and have a weak mind. Most of his strength is used in the bow, and have only a bit left for his normal life.

Some other headcanons I have

- All Dragon Vein users have a mark in their bodies (you know, like the brands in Awakening), there are 4 types of marks asociated to the 4 elements of the DV, and every person have more affinity to one of the elements, that is, their DV power is stronger when they use said affinity, like example... You have Takumi and his "Wind" related them because of Fujin, so he have the wind mark, and his DV power over wind is stronger than his DV power over fire or water. Leo have a ground mark

- Takumi see Orochi like a mother, also he really likes fluffy stuffs

- Sometimes Lilith come out of his sanctuary and play in the water of the ore resources, Kana loves to play with her

And this one is a small shipping one...Since the game never explain how Oboro's crush on Takumi started, my headcanon is that she developed the crush after one night in which both of them were unable to sleep and found each other in the garden of the castle, they spend the night talking and Oboro was able to see a side of him she never saw or hear before, that make her to think that there was more about him than everyone see and she decided to try to understand him better, that new interest in him grew up until become a crush

Leon is Crimson's half-brother through their mother.

Oh wow, that sounds interesting and good for some play, and that make what happen to her in Revelations and Conquest more tragic

Silas secretly harbors feelings for male Corrin. While Silas tries his best to make up for the lost time between them it he can't help but feel that Corrin is too far for him to ever reach.

The rumors about Silas originally being planned as marriageable regardless of gender only helps this along. Some real lost potential for an S support here.

200.gif

I haven't read through this entire thread, so if I say something similar, my bad. Also, I haven't finished Birthright or played Revelations either so some stuff might be real? Probably not though!

- Corrin's "mysterious appeal" is actually a kind of curse cast over them as a baby to help ensure their survival and is the reason nearly everyone they meet loves them. It's why they can marry anyone and people who are known to have crushes on other people will happily marry Corrin instead. It explains why people like Kaze, Azura, Izana, and Flora all decide to search out and stick by Corrin despite often having better things to do or better reasons not to side with them. And that compulsion people feel to be around them sometimes manifests as obsession and hate, like with Iago. It also explains why the Hoshidan siblings end up so attached to Corrin even in Conquest despite only truly knowing them for a little while.

- Azura's favorite time to dance is in the rain and invented synchronized swimming in her world.

- Gunter is Camilla's uncle, or some close relative.

- Izana is the great grandcestor of Yllise's royals

- Elise worships her siblings because she never had a real father or mother. It's also why she's aggressively friendly and forceful with people when it comes to playing -- she never really got love and attention she needed as a small child.

- Nyx is the one who put the "mysterious appeal" curse on Corrin long ago. She's the best gift-giver, after all!

- Camilla is actually bisexual, but feels obligated to only settle down with a man due to her station as royalty and the need to pass down the Dragon Blood.

- Leo is the reason that there is no Tomato farming spot, he hoards them all to himself.

- Flora has a deep rivalry with Rinkah. Fire vs. Ice.

- Ophelia's grandfather is Henry. So she looks like her grandmother and has the magical prowess of her grandfather.

Kaden's name is pronounced Kah-den as opposed to Kay-den. After spending time in Cyrkensia, people have been using the second pronunciation and Kaden just went with it.

Niles' last name is Crowley. I dunno, it just sounds right.

lol interesting. And yeah, I was annoyed when Kaden's name was pronounced Kay-den, considering he's Hoshidan and would likely have the first pronunciation.

Some more spoilery headcanons!:

Before being possessed by Anankos, Garon was a very pleasant man. He was similar to WW!Ganondorf in that he conquered to make the life of his family and people better. He then met Anankos who promised his kingdom prosperity if he instigated a war. This led to him killing Sumeragi, who was his old friend at the time. This mentally broke him and give Anankos an opportunity to possess him.

Garon was told to abuse Corrin, so Corrin would transform into his true, dragon form. Once this happened, Anankos would take over broken Corrin's dragon body and well pretty much destroy everything.

Every time Corrin transforms into his dragon form, he becomes a slight bit more insane. Because of this, he tries to use his power as little as possible. If he does use it, Azura uses her song to heal him afterwards.

Mikoto and Arete were not sistersThe Corzura ship must sailbut were just really close friends. Mikoto was on the Vallite counsel of sorts, a group of people who were in charge of certain aspects of Valle e.g. Mikoto was religion. This is where they met and became friends.

Less spoilery:

-The Fire and Ice Tribes have a great rivalry with one another. Because of this Rinkah acts very rudely around Felicia and despises Flora, and Flora despises her.

-Lilith fell in love with Corrin but due to them practically being siblings, she never told him.

-Camilla and Leo are both bisexual. Camilla is known to venture to the red light district for the weekend and Leo has had a relationship with Niles. However, Camilla desperately wants kids so she decides that she must end up with a man rather then a woman. Leo wanted to remain in a relationship with Niles, but due to constraints with him being royal and Niles having not a drop of noble blood in him, the court strictly prohibited their relationship, opting more for Leo to marry Sakura to produce an heir and make relations with Hoshido better.

-Hana and Hinata are related and many oppose their relationship since it is incestuous, but both Sakura and Takumi gave them heir blessing anyways since hey just want to see their retainers and best friends happy.

-Reina, Yukimura and Orochi have all been with each other at least once.

-Shura and Orochi have a secret love affair and sometimes Kagero gets involved.

-Ryomarx was a thing once in the actual universe but due to duties, they never went far.

-Once Ryoma gets a few drinks in his system, he becomes very promiscuous and flirtatious, this leads to him having a one night stand with Camilla, who was also drunk and is naturally flirtatious. This also happened since Ryoma was still getting over Scarlet and Camilla was very much like Scarlet being a Wyvern Rider and all. This never led to anything though since Camilla eventually found a man (Being Niles).

-Ryoma also likes to go to the red light district again, to get over Scarlet.

-Hinoka has always had a massive crush on Camilla, but Hinoka is not bi though. Camilla is really the only women she had a crush on and Hinoka does prefer men.

-Leo has considered cursing Takumi so he could have his way with him since Leo does prefer men, but he doesn't.

EDIT: I just realized how gay all of my ships are. Whoops. Sorry not sorry.

Edited by Azz

Leo wanted to remain in a relationship with Niles, but due to constraints with him being royal and Niles having not a drop of noble blood in him, the court strictly prohibited their relationship, opting more for Leo to marry Sakura to produce an heir and make relations with Hoshido better.

Camilla eventually found a man (Being Niles).

Poor Leo, why is Camilla being with Niles okay with the court but being with Leo is wrong? Probably sucks for Leo seeing his big sis with his man ): Your head canons are pretty sad! Everyone is heartbroken. Well, aside from the people in threesomes at least. I imagine they are quite satisfied.

Poor Leo, why is Camilla being with Niles okay with the court but being with Leo is wrong? Probably sucks for Leo seeing his big sis with his man ): Your head canons are pretty sad! Everyone is heartbroken. Well, aside from the people in threesomes at least. I imagine they are quite satisfied.

I am weird.

Camilla being with Niles is okay since she practically says, 'Fuck your royalty, I don't need your shit.', leaves and apparently, according to her single ending has 11+ kids. TBH, I like to imagine Leo is okay since apparently he has an attraction for Camilla according to The Making of Fire Emblem book, so I would imgaine he would hope for a threesome (Also, he gets over Niles as he falls in love with Sakura, just saying).

I am weird.

Camilla being with Niles is okay since she practically says, 'Fuck your royalty, I don't need your shit.', leaves and apparently, according to her single ending has 11+ kids. TBH, I like to imagine Leo is okay since apparently he has an attraction for Camilla according to The Making of Fire Emblem book, so I would imgaine he would hope for a threesome (Also, he gets over Niles as he falls in love with Sakura, just saying).

Ah, it didn't sound as if he were in love with Sakura, so that makes it a lot less sad. Also, I'd like to piggy back off your head canon of Leo being bi and say that Odin originally came to him as a samurai, but Leo took one look at him and was all, "Mmmmnope, here, wear this.", making him a dark mage for dem abs.

Headcanon? Let's see:

None of the three routes is the true route, just as FE12 didn't follow FE11 completely.

Some of the staff have their Performa sucked away during the production of this game. They're not in Tokyo, so no one saved them.

The FE13 kids went through rough divorces. That's why they're single again.

Leon's title "Gravity Master" is just the result of miscommunication. He cannot actually control gravity.

Edited by nocturnal YL

I am weird.

Bold mine. I could see the situation you are describing provided that the bolded happens. Leo doesn't deserve to be miserable forever, and Sakura does not deserve to be stuck in a loveless marriage of convenience. I also think Niles would be fine--if he doesn't end up with Camilla, he could start something with Oboro when Takumi and his retainers come to visit. Another thought: I wonder if Hana and Subaki go to Nohr with Sakura or not? I could see them getting pretty mad if the whole Leo / Niles thing somehow got exposed either pre or post break up. I see Sakura being a bit more level headed, if a bit sad, were she to find out before all was settled.

Admittedly, as a writer I'm hesitant to have straight characters be the solution to a break up between two girls or two guys. Even when it's done with good authorial intentions, as I feel it could be done here, there is always such a chance of backlash from a fandom / community. I'm planning to write a Leo x Sakura fic eventually and I love this angle as backstory / possible plot complication, but the idea of using it would make me a bit nervous.

That said, I can totally get behind the idea that Camilla and Leo might both be bi. They're the only characters who have two same-gendered retainers, Camilla speaks to female Corrin the same way she speaks to male Corrin (which could be argued as a 'saving money' choice but I like this angle better), and during Beach Brawl Leo gives Niles crap for speaking to Ryouma suggestively, but (if memory is serving me right) the way he said it made me feel Leo is okay if Niles speaks to *him* that way *normally*, which could be taken as interest or as 'just use to putting up with Niles', but I think the former is more interesting.

Another thought I had is that since Leo and Camilla were both children of the concubine wars it's also possible that they feel safer and more stable in a same-sex relationship since it would be the polar opposite of what their mothers / siblings / w/e were in the midst of during their childhoods. They might instinctively have a harder time feeling truly safe or comfortable with a partner of the opposite sex, or may even feel some kind of lingering guilt or suspicion toward that idea, because of their pasts.

Sorry for the minor derailment up there. :) This thread is getting me thinking about some of the stuff I want to write and has provided possible ways to potentially make things more interesting. Even stuff I don't agree with is interesting to read. It's fun to see how we all approach different aspects of character and story from different angles. To me, that's a big part of why I'm really loving Fates and having so much fun talking about it.

Edited by Katryn

My HC for Leo/Sakura is basically this:

At first, neither of them like it. Leo was forced to break things off with Niles, but yet he is forced to speak with him everyday due to him being his retainer, it is especially awkward now that Odin left. Sakura did not like the idea of marriage at all. She wanted to grow up first and she wanted to stay in Hoshido with her siblings. She still had Hana though. Subaki stayed in Hoshido with Saizo (They are super gay, IDC what anyone says). Hana was her support unit (Ha puns) and would stay with her when she would cry over Leo's coldness towards her. Then Niles and Camilla got together. Leo was very angry at first. It was not until one night Sakura found him crying that they had a very romantic moment. Over time, after this, they gradually fell in love. Once Sakura turned 16, they began trying for a child, who would be called Forrest.

Not really complete but yeah.

And have one more~!

[spoiler=Revelations ending]Shortly after Corrin's coronation, Gunter quietly commits suicide.

Welp, I kind of just died a bit inside.

Really ? I laughed like a freaking hyena from the Lion King when looking at it.

Does this make me a terrible person ? Probably.

Edited by B.Leu

Ok now a serious Headcanon.

Peri was originally Camilla's first retainer before Selena, and Beruka was Xander's. Due to Peri's reckless and bloodthirsty actions, Camilla kind of adored her in her own way, however other's did not. Xander worried about his sister's appearance and rumors about her among Nohrian Nobles took Peri under his wing in exchange for Beruka. this makes no sense i just asdfghjl

Another one I got an idea for.

Nyx is Caeldori's mom. She's really happy about this for several reasons.

Caeldori has issues. Must like how Cordelia wanted Chrom's affection, Caeldori wants affection. Period. For this she's grateful to have an essentially immortal mommy so she never loses one member of her family. Not only that but it feeds her ego to know that she has a childish looking mom she can be perfect over.

She hates this about herself and tries to spend as little time with her mother, ironically depriving her further of what she wants.

I've got many stupid headcanons (i.e. Siegbert swears his mullet is cool, Xander encourages it and the spouse is like no…) but here's a few or so

Be warned, the spoilers in the boxes range from mild to somewhat big.

- Should Kaze die in Ch 15, I hc that his wife finds out she's pregnant with their child shortly after his fall, and gives birth some time after Azura's death. AND IT MEANS NO BABY REALMS GG

- Soleil got that headband from Laslow, who had Future Past!Olivia's headband as a momentum

- Rhajat and Caeldori get flashbacks of their old lives in dreams. Asugi does too, but he doesn't really think much about it, while Rhajat is well aware of who she was and Caeldori…keeps trying to figure everything out

- Nina and Velouria were good friends in the Outrealms, but they grew apart when Nina's feelings for her father grew sour

I've got loads more but they're more pairing-ish and yeah haha

I believe that all the FE universes are connected via something similar to the Amala Network/Amala Multiverse. Actually, I imagine the Outrealm is basically the Amala Network and there are instances in which people get caught between pathways, unable to move back to their home world or move forward to their destination. All that attempt to study the mysterious disappearances have vanished without a trace, causing any further studies to cease; they too most likely caught between worlds, unable to escape. I believe such happened to that one paladin that got the Rainbow Sage's blessing that no one really cares about.

(I care about him, though.)

An excerpt from the my favorite FE story on Fanfiction.net, From the Ashes:

"Come," he said. "The ritual is about to begin."

"Ritual? What ritual?"

He didn't answer. He just strode across the battlefield. Soldiers knelt their heads as he passed, but he paid them no heed. He just kept walking. All the way to his personal tent.

"Kamui, what­--"

"Come."

The prince entered the tent. Biting her lip, Azura followed. And she gasped.

Prince Ryoma. Princess Hinoka.

Their bodies were laid out there before her. Their hands across their chest, clutching their weapon of choice, they were in the style of Hoshidan royalty. But no­one could mistake the manner of their deaths to be anything but violent. Because…

"Azura?"

Because she could smell it. Again. That gods­forsaken smell. She could see where the blades had entered their bodies. She could see a few flecks of blood on their armour, flecks that had about a 50/50 chance of being their own. But the smell. She retched once more.

"Enough."

She looked at Kamui. His own brother and sister. Those who were his true family. She had little love for Hoshido, but she had chosen her path. She was but a dancer, but even she knew that the loss of Ryoma and Hinoka was a disaster. Morale, experience, martial prowess…

"Do not weep," Kamui said. He held out his hands, as if praying. "They shall rise."

"Rise?" Azura asked. "But…how can--­"

"Phoenix Mode," he whispered.

Azura said nothing. She knew what a phoenix was – it was a bird that didn't even exist outside myth and legend. She also knew that necromancy was just as fanciful.

But that didn't explain how the prince and princess began to rise to their feet. How they slowly returned to the world of the living. How their wounds seemed to heal.

"Kamui?" she whispered. "What is--­"

"The gods smile on me," he whispered. "The game is played, in my favour. Those close to me shall rise again, and shall do so as long as I remain in the field. Such are the game's rules. Such is the path of the gods chosen, as they play with the lives of lesser beings."

Azura said nothing. She just stared at the prince and princess before her.

"Brother," said Ryoma.

"Brother," echoed Hinoka.

They were not their voices. The tone was the same. But the inflection, the subtleties, the warmth that the siblings had shared…it was not there. None of it. They were just…there. And Kamui turned to her.

"Fear not," he said. "If you shall fall, I can raise you again." He put out a hand, as if to stroke her cheek. "I shall never lose. Not the battle. And not you." He smiled. "So never fear."

Yet, Azura was afraid. More so than she had ever been.

This is my headcanon for Phoenix Mode. It is an alternate universe, tying in to the whole Amala Network thing. LOL. I'm working on a character bio for said Kamui of such a universe but I doubt I'll finish it.