Help on Conquest chapter 21!

GuiltyLove

Yeah my only flier is Camilla. I guess I'll do that then. Is there no way to do this by fielding all the units? I usually just do that in every chapter because I like using more. This is too annoying though. :/

Edit: Wait, her movement still isn't enough to go from Dragon Vein to Dragon Vein. If I stop one turn to heal, then I end up dying or get surrounded

Edited by GuiltyLove

You can always make Xander a second flier and make sure your team is a bunch of mountrush

I beat it full deploy with Camilla/Xander helping each other out on getting to the DVs

And the rest of your team can just smack faceless from range while they can't move -- try to use full move each turn. Don't bring Azura or Elise unless she can take 1 hit from a Stoneborn--mine can't, there's only one turn in the full-deploy version where I didn't have access to a DV and everyone will need to survive that turn. I did it around turn 2 or turn 3 because the later parts look to have higher density.

I fielded all of my units and did it swiftly, just with caution and awareness. My team was somewhat mediocre:

Corrin

Felicia

Elise

Arthur

Effie

Azura

Kaze

Kana

Shigure

Percy

Midori

Most of them had wet paper durability, but my Mag units baaically wrecked the golems.

Ok, I'm gonna try to use more units. I am not fielding Azura or Elise because they're just going to get OHKO'd. My main problem is getting to more Dragon Veins after the second set of stairs because there's only one on the top left and some of my units have to go right due to the rubble on the left side. Hm.. this is difficult

Remember, the reinforcement faceless have a skill equipped that gives no Exp, so you can't "grind" off them. I used this chapter to reclass Xander to Hero and grab some skills while he and Corron solo"d the map.

Edited by Avalanche

Basically my Kamui paired with Belka solo'd most of the map by having Belka ferry and my Kamui OneShot the Golems with a +5 Iron Dagger (is a dread fighter) I think and Breaking Sky. I also did a bit of DLC grinding, but my Kamui was already overleveled to begin with and all I really grinded was my weaker units to be on level roughly with the chapter and money for forges and skills. Also am playing Lunatic Classic, meaning that it should be easier if you're on lower difficulties. My personal run wasn't easy as it still required thoughtful positioning of my units to succeed, but it was much easier than running chapter 20 on Lunatic Classic for me.

Edited by Kanethedragon

Sooner or later there will be somebody saying "it is not worth..." but however.

If you happened to follow there suggestions when you were choosing units/classes, fielding all the units may be impossible for you. Then you have to keep following their suggestions and skip most enemies.

Lv3 Staff store is unlocked after Ch20 so you have infinite seals now.

Some units can reclass for higher defense if they cannot take 1 hit in previous classes. Even Elise may survive from Rock if she reclasses to Malig Knight.

Kinshi Knight Azura is the best user of dragon veins, as other royals are better to attack.

Tactics for finding all units is just tanking, attacking and healing.

For the tanking part: units with high Def can further in frontline; units with low stay Def 2 tiles behind and aggro Golem if they can survive (maybe with Rally and aura skills).

Faceless will attack tanks even with 0 damage, while Golems will target weaker units, so they will split their attacks.

Then attack. Some units/classes can easily ORKO or 2RKO Golems with Dragonstone+, Blessed Lance or magical weapons, especially when there is Savage Blow.

The abilities of self-healing are useful in this chapter, because good heals are also good attackers.

It takes about 9 turns to walk to the boss and beat enemies on the way, and about 3 turns to beat those who isn't blocking our way.

A possible series of strats that could be helpful if you decide to use the full roster. (and not send, for example, two units)

1. Units with high movement are preferred in this chapter. I went with Camilla, Xander, Great Knight Effie, Bow Knight Nina, Leo (I used a Sorcerer Leo with Nosferatu, but Dark Knight could do as well), a Mechanist Kaze and a healer or two, along with the Avatar, Azura and some pair-up fodders. (Basically I used the maximum possible roster) A flier or two (better if royal blood) can help reach for dragon veins when needed. In particular promotions of Cavalier classes are preferred since they not only have high movement but also have Shelter, which can be used to protect weaker units, particularly against those 5-range attack Stonebornes. Camilla is particuarly a Godsend since she has Lunge. Azura is actually viable if you use Paladins/Great Knights to Pair Up to move her around or Shelter her to protect her appropriately, and can be a massive help in moving other units move in and out of enemy range at critical moments

2. Magical damage can be helpful, particularly with the Stoneborne. Bolt Axe on Camilla, Levin Sword on the Avatar/Kana, Shining Bow on Nina served me quite well. In particular, if you happen to have a MAG+ Corrin or Kana with a particuarly good magic stat, using the Dragonstone+ may allow them to OHKO Stoneborne, although this is a bit unlikely. (After my first run of Lunatic, I tend to pass on Golembane to Kana just so that he can one-shot Stonebornes...; pairing him up with a flier helped me a lot, though this requires massive hindsight). I'm not sure which difficulty you're playing on, but if your difficulty happens to have Wary Fighter on Stonebornes, it's best to rely on Dual Attacks using magical weapons.

3. Having 3 units that can tank allows one to use the following strat: The Eternal Stairways have those large-scale stairs that no unit except fliers can cross vertically, and so the Faceless tend to attack heading down from the sides, which have typically have width 3. Arranging your 3 tanking units paired-up (to prevent dual attacks from hitting your tanks, and also to get those dual guard gauges up!), horizontally in a straight line minimises the exposure to the Faceless (since they only come from the top) and thereby minimising the effects of Savage Blow, protects your weaker units from the Faceless storming from above, and allows one to pluck Faceless that still are alive after the Enemy Phase using weaker units in the player phase to spread EXP. In particular I recommend using Wolfssegners as tanks since they have Better Odds which heal their HP by 40% every other turn.

4. Most importantly, make good use of the Player Phase. Savage Blow activates when the Faceless are the ones attacking i.e. in the Enemy Phase, so if possible eliminate blocks of Faceless during the Player Phase. Also, be sure to check the range on the Stoneborne, and make sure weaker units are not in range. Of course, doing this is only viable during earlier phases of this chapter where the number of Faceless in a given area are few; towards later turns there will be swarms of Faceless heading down, which means it's best to Tank in the Enemy Phase and heal and take care of adjacent surviving Faceless.

5. Don't bother to attack the faceless in the bottom, just head up from Turn 1. Time is of the essence, and with the reinforcements piling from the bottom it's best to run quickly to the escape points.

6. If you're having trouble keeping healers alive, let your tank carry healing items like vulneraries.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate