Green's Plan to (Hopefully) Improve in Smash 4

CooledEvergreen

So I was thinking of trying to improve in Smash 4 and I decided to try out a sort of plan/project thing I came up with. Here are the details:

• Over the course of 3 weeks starting in a few days, I play 10 online matches and 5 CPU matches, with online matches being a different player each time and with CPU matches opponent set to random. Online matches will be done on For Glory 1v1.
  • For the first set of CPU matches, the difficulty level will default to level 5. From there, depending on the previous day and if there was more wins or losses in terms of the CPU, the difficulty level will be raised or lowered by one, respectively.
  • Every time a match is completed, the opponent's character, who won, how many stocks were left over, how long the match took and details of KOs is recorded.
  • For this, I plan to use Corrin as my only character. I feel like to improve it would be better to focus on one character rather than disperse my focus to multiple characters.
  • I don't plan at the end of this to become some sort of worldwide champion. When I finish this and people still absolutely obliterate me, but it takes people slightly longer than usual, I'll be happy.

Today I had a friend have a match against me, 2 stocks, no items and Final Destination. I did this to have an idea before I start this how my Smash skills are like. Here are the results:

[spoiler=Test]Opponent: Corrin
Win/Loss?: Loss
How many stocks left over for winner?: 1
How long?: 2:36
How did I lose stocks?:
1. Failed Recovery
2. Countered Spike
How did opponent lose stocks?:
1. Up Smash at high percentage.

If anyone has any suggestions to how I could improve this, I'd love to hear it.

Edited by CooledEvergreen

I'd recommend going to smash ladder to play against other people. For Glory is a horrible way of improving plus you get to talk to the person you're fighting and even ask questions about things you did wrong.

^^^^^^^^^^^ You can find a good player occasionally on For Glory, but Anther's Ladder is much more efficient and better. You can even chat with your opponent about stuff so you can ask for critique and the like.

you can ask yourself why you do things, what you think/feel when other people do things, what the opponent wants, what both your goals are, etc...

hit up training mode to practice pivots and stuff to incorporate into your game. it'll be hard at first, but you'll gain more options in the long run.

Edited by Comet