How good is Severa! Caedori?

chickenscanfly

I ran ("Selena")/Severa!Caeldori in my most recent run, although I was grinding [primarily for unlocking all the kids] and I showed her massive favoritism, so my outcomes aren't the most accurate for a more typical playthrough.

Offensively, her stats are fairly weak.

I put 2 Dragon Herbs and maybe 2 spirit dusts into her [also a Talisman and Dracoshield or so], and also spent time in Sorcerer and Onmyoji for skills, and by the end of the game, even with these stat boosts, I ended with 25 Str and 25 Magic at 20/20, again, EVEN AFTER my use of these stat boosters.

Ending class was the 3-route link bonus, Dark Falcon, to be fair, which has class bases of 4 STR and 7 MAG.. I could have had 29 STR and 24 MAG as a Dark Knight or something like that (she was married to a Dark Mage avatar).

Anyways, Severa!Caeldori turned out really fast…. she capped her speed, sufficiently early that even though it got there early with the help of +2 SPD from the Dragon Herbs that she would have probably capped anyways without assistance.

Anyways, I overcame her low offensive stats by stacking a bunch of damage boosters. 25 Str/Mag is worse than that of most endgame enemies, so that's a near automatic activation of Prodigy, putting her closer to an equivalent of 29 STR/MAG in terms of damage output.

I had Selena A+ with Setsuna so that Selena could learn Quick Draw and then pass it down to Caeldori. That's +4 damage on the player phase when attacking.

I had Caeldori A+ with Rhajat for Tomefaire, +5 damage when using tomes.

I had Caeldori S-rank with Corrin because personal preference and gave her Dark Mage, which granted her Malefic Aura.

So between these boosts, Caeldori basically had +8 damage when using physical attacks and +15 damage when using tome attacks. Of course, these were conditional boosts and only this large in player phase, but I could make them work most of the time there.

So that 25 STR and 25 MAG was only part of the story. It was more like:

25 STR + 8 extra damage + weapon might + weapon rank bonus

25 MAG + 15 extra damage + weapon might + weapon rank bonus