Kamui vs Corrin

BruceLee

Kamui vs Corrin  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

I like Kamui better partly because i've been hearing it longer, and has a nicer spoken ring to it, although i can use Corrin too when discussing. I haven't actually used the name in file tho

Kamui makes sense for Hoshido, since it is clearly a more japanese name, and Corrin makes sense for Nohr since it is European (want to say Scottish specifically, but could be wrong). But to be completely honest, I don't use the name, I always name him after my past characters from other games since I always recreate them in just about every game, Nikola being my current name.

Edited by Tolvir

I'm not a big fan of either name, really. I use Corrin when discussing the character because I think it's more likely that people will know that name. An early adapter is more likely to know the NA name then a new player is to know the Japanese one. So far Corrin / Kamui has become Chisuzu, Katryn and Sarena in my games.

Whenever I play a game where the character's name is customizable, it always gets changed so it doesn't really matter to me that much, but I like Kamui more. Then again, I prefer most of the Japanese names anyways.

Edited by Matt-hue