FE15: Pitch the Plot!

Alastor15243

Alright, I thought I'd make this thread for fun where basically we pitch our own ideas for the basic setting and premise of Fire Emblem 15!

I'll go first, obviously, being the OP:

Fire Emblem: Iron March.

This game is structured like Fire Emblem 7, in that it has two parts, one 10 chapters long and the other 20 chapters long. There's an avatar who's the viewpoint character but not the lord. The plot of the first part is a rather straightforward, almost cliché, high fantasy adventure along the lines of the Archanea games or Awakening, where the main hero's army goes on an adventure to vanquish an evil king, along the way falling in love with each other and eventually having children.

Part two is where it gets interesting.

20+ years have passed. The children of the previous protagonists are now in their late teens, and they now live in a much different world than that of their parents. For you see, the world has changed. Rather than medieval technology remaining stagnant, the previous story was told on the cusp of a brave new era of humanity. Technology has actually advanced to an alarming degree in the 2-ish decade timeskip since the previous part thanks to the discovery of both a fascinating and versatile new metal and an intriguing natural magical fuel source, both of which were alluded to and hinted at in the first part, and the industrious efforts of a brilliant inventor. Steampunk/magitech equipment is now pervasive, with many fighters now sporting rudimentary firearms, riding on motorbike mounts, or wielding exotic, mechanical swords.

Sadly, the world the children now live in is also one colored by the unforseen consequences of their parents' seemingly-straightforward adventure, and the political aftermath full of indignant and angry masses reaching boiling point, a terrible and power-mad military superpower the heroes were once proud to call their home, and the creation of magitech weapons of terrible destructive power, threaten to reduce the world to ash, and the children now find themselves forced to form a resistance to sabotage "The Iron Empire" and save the world from certain ruin.

As you can probably tell from the description, this would have the child system. The idea is that at some point, the avatar of part 1 winds up dying in a bold heroic sacrifice, and part 2 has you customize and then play as their son/daughter, raised by the part 1 avatar's surviving husband/wife along with another child. For you see, there would be somewhat fewer parents than would be typical for a child system fire emblem game, but to compensate for this, every parent would have a child tied to them rather than just the women (or in Fates' case, Men) and important characters, resulting in a bunch of sets of siblings similar to FE4.

...That's the basic gist of what I would personally do or like to see. What about you?

Edited by Alastor15243

I don't really have any good ideas for the grand arch of the plot, but I'd like to see another "choice" game where you choose between two lords and the final boss is the other lord. No 3rd route where they make peace and fight "the real enemy." The dark and edgy one would be named Uchiha Sasuke.

Considering that trying to have an uber complex plot didn't exactly work out for them in FE14, I'm betting FE15 will have the traditional premise of country A invades country B, country B gets major aid from country C, and countries B and C roflstomp country A with an evil dragon somewhere in the mix. The avatar will likely play a role similar to Robin in Awakening, while kids will either be axed entirely, or will be post game content.

Considering that trying to have an uber complex plot didn't exactly work out for them in FE14, I'm betting FE15 will have the traditional premise of country A invades country B, country B gets major aid from country C, and countries B and C roflstomp country A with an evil dragon somewhere in the mix. The avatar will likely play a role similar to Robin in Awakening, while kids will either be axed entirely, or will be post game content.

I think you missed the point :P It's not to predict what FE15's plot is like, it's to come up with your own idea. If that is your idea, though, more power to you.

Actually, a while back when I actually slept and had some recollection of my dreams, I had a couple about a future FE idea I wanted to tackle, but that was almost two years ago.

However, I have been revisiting it.

And by revisiting I mean I've rewritten/developed the entire cast and restructured/completely outlined the plot because I don't have any chill at all.

But basically, the lord is the daughter of a queen who is rumored to have not only had her husband executed in the supposedly random bandit attack on the castle, but also repays the bandits responsible for the attack by excusing their crimes if/when they are arrested. The daughter is fully prepared to overthrown her mother, but because her older brother also vanished during the attack that killed her father, this means she's now next in line for the throne, which she doesn't want. To avoid this she's on a hunt to find her missing brother, but due to how bad the bandit problem is in, she feels as if she has very little time. On her search she finds a mage that resembles her brother and uses him as a decoy to fill in for her brother while she finishes building the revolution forces she needs to topple her mother for good.

'Course, the mage she finds comes with a price: he's cursed to die a slow death, and he approximately has six months before it takes him.

... Yeah that was a mouthful lmao, but, I'm hoping I can actually make something really solid here so~

[/jazz hands]

Edited by Vashiane

I'd much rather have a lot of smaller choices (kind of like FE12's Prologue ones, but have its effects be a little more obvious). Soooo. . .

Your country is small, peaceful, and neutral. Two of your neighbors (let's call them A and B) constantly battle each other for resources, and sometimes the fights spill over into your borders. One day, while out on a walk outside, you come upon a wounded soldier from country A. He tells of another country (let's call them C) that's invading, and asks for your help. He presses a bloody dagger into your hands, whispers "this is your proof", and dies. Just then, two commanders from the warring countries show up. Both commanders want the soldier's corpse (A for obvious reasons, B claims that it's their spy), and the knife that you hold. What do you do?

- Give the corpse to A: B declares war on you. Country A is destroyed from within, while you take over country B, and renew the neutrality agreement.

- Give the corpse to B: A declares war on you. Country A is taken over by Country C, and you ally with B to stop them. In the end, country B is destroyed, and you take over the remnants of country A.

- Maintain the neutrality agreement: Both countries bring their war into your territory. A small group of your soldiers is sent into country C to find out what the soldier's dying words meant. With the usual Fire Emblem/evil dragon in the mix, you manage to unite what little remains of countries A and B, and take out the threat. Since your country, country A, and country B were destroyed, you rebuild your home in country C.

Should flesh out everything a lot more, but that's a rough idea of what I'd like. I'd have the main character call a lot of the smaller shots, which would influence things like which characters are recruited and what maps are played.

I have this sort of idea. The protagonist home country is the trade capital of the continent and is an Archipelago.

He/she is the leader of a guild of merchants.

The protagonist is a child of a mayor/Marquis and a famous chef (with a chef class) and has a younger sibling of the opposite sex.

The starting units are in order.

A sword wielding Hero (of course) (fighting style based on stick fighting martial arts)

An axe wielding journeyman (the sibling)

A young cadet (the overleveled Archer)

A shy inventor from a family of blacksmiths (innovator of Crossbows)

A sharp tongue apothecary with talent in wind magic

A charitable catechist (best Friend of the hero)

I want a storyline buildup that will turn these Merchant guild into a mercenary group. Voila we now have a short of a sandbox game where the side quests are in form of contacts.

Right now, I don't have any detailed plot like others, but here's my idea.

The heroes would be the standard fare of FE protagonists facing against Einherjars invading their country for some reason.

I really want to SE an FE with steampunk and magitech elements. they already wanted to go out of the box with some concepts that were shot down (the whole mars space thing as one of the concepts for FE13) so...

in this case a sort of hybrid between advanced wars and FE.

Step 1: A self-insert who can marry almost every character with a bland personality as to not actually attempt anything different.

Step 2: Gather cliches and tropes and make them characters.

Step 3: Gather more cliches and tropes that are children of the previous characters.

Step 4: Obvious bad guy who works with an evil dragon and make it incredibly obvious they are the bad guy from the moment you see them.

Step 5: It's always dragons.

Step 6: Figure out convoluted plot to defeat evil dragon.

The great nation of X has been divided. After the death of the king with no clear heir, his relations now fight to secure their claim to the throne by force. Eventually foreign nations try to interfere in the conflict to further their own interests. However, a more sinister threat lurks in the shadows, plotting to take advantage of the chaos for their own nefarious ends. Rather than the main character being a prince, you play as a noble who must take sides in the conflict.

Definitely no steampunk or magitech.

Something I said in fates thread might as well post it here as well:

Slightly off-topic, if the child mechanic return most of us agree some sort of time-skip is probably the best to do it but how would you guys feel if they did similar thing in awakening? However, this time around the 1st Gen travels into the future for like 20 or so year and meet up with gen 2 characters. Or more to meet their grand grand etc. children. One plot reason is that big bad Kefka won and destroyed the world or something. So with help of Naga they travel into the future for another plot reason so they can save their present.

I mean hey better use the outrealms/dragons gate/spotpass to its fullest extant since time travel tropes is no stranger to FE anymore. Gotta make the timeline even more convoluted eh?

The hero is a blue-haired prince, his kingdom is conquered (Did we also mention his dad gets killed?), he must then go defeat the king of the enemy nation (Said nation is known to house an enormous amount of ugly bandits and ugly soldiers, with the exception of that one wyvern rider and the soldier who is actually a nice guy), however, it turns out that the evil king of the enemy nation, while still evil, was just being manipulated by an evil bishop who seeks to ressurect the sealed evil dragon/demon/god/leprechaun.

(Seriously though, i do believe IS should just return to the basics before trying anything too different)

Edited by OakTree

The hero is a blue-haired prince, his kingdom is conquered (Did we also mention his dad gets killed?), he must then go defeat the king of the enemy nation (Said nation is known to house an enormous amount of ugly bandits and ugly soldiers, with the exception of that one wyvern rider and the soldier who is actually a nice guy), however, it turns out that the evil king of the enemy nation, while still evil, was just being manipulated by an evil bishop who seeks to ressurect the sealed evil dragon/demon/god/leprechaun.

(Seriously though, i do believe IS should just return to the basics before trying anything too different)

This is basically it.

This is also exactly what I want. I don't care about complex plots, and FE has constantly fumbled those anyway. I'd rather have a sweet, simple plot than something random.

I also want another blue haired sword lord, though I hope they take more cues from Seliph than anyone else.

I want them to do a gritty remake of FE4, but I doubt it will happen so...

Something a little more like medieval political affairs and power struggles, akin to FE4 in terms of atmosphere. Plots and conspiracies, rival families, rebellions and betrayals, and antagonists on the more sympathetic side. I once thought of an idea where there are two lords (a prince and a princess maybe) who are initially enemies in the first chapter, on opposite sides of a battle, but due to certain circumstances, they end up travelling with each other for mutual gain, and eventually grow to respect one another. Also, the last boss would be an ice or divine dragon for once, instead of another fire-breather or dark dragon.

Edited by Knight

I've been thinking about Conquest a lot (it's not like I liked your premise or anything, b-baka) and while I like Kamui as a tortured soul who wants to end the war, it got me thinking about another conquest plot with a different sort of protagonist.

Fire Emblem 15 plot pitch

Characters:

The protagonist: A young man who became the king of his nation after his father, the former king, was killed in the last war with Enemy Nation 1. He is charismatic, intelligent and gentlemanly.

Supporting protagonist #1: The younger sister of the protagonist who was practically raised by her older brother after their father died. She is kind, dislikes war and is a hero to the common people for her humanitarian efforts.

Supporting protagonist 2: The low-born best friend of the protagonist who was taken into the royal services after he saved the life of the protagonist as children. He is brash and adverse to social situations but his honesty and dependability makes him a valuable ally to the protagonist.

Story:

There are 5ish nations on the continent, the one our protagonists hail from, an allied nation, Enemy Nation 1 and a few others. At the start of the story, the allied nation is invaded by Enemy Nation 1 and the protagonists rallies his forces to push back the invaders. After his victory there, he uses the allied nation as a launching point to take down Enemy Nation 1, partially to remove a threat but also to avenge his father. The protagonist grows arrogant from his victories and something awakens in him that he didn't know existed until then; a desire for power. After the end of the war he doesn't relinquish control of the allied nation or Enemy Nation 1 and instead sets his sights on the rest of the continent. He believes that there can be peace through unity but his sister and best friend become increasingly disillusioned by his war-mongering. As the protagonist rises in power, so to does his ruthlessness and paranoia. The protagonist's ambition will eventually throw the whole continent into chaos and make enemies of even those closest to him.

Edited by NekoKnight

Here's My Generic Probably Bad Idea:

There's A Lord Of A Neutral High Power Kingdom And He/She Is Next In Line For The Throne But Because Of Resources Are Low And Different Beliefs In Each Nations They Are All Tense With Each Other And The Lord Will Have To Decide What To Do,

And What Ever Actions You Choose Affect The Ending Like Killing Certain People, There Could Be An Alliance Or Charismatic System Where One Thing Affects Another Nation Like Helping On Maps Or Giving Resources/Weapons Or Attack Your Army And Endings Can Be Like Everyone United And Lived Peacefully Or The Lord Destroying All The Nations

Your Avatar Can Be A Random Dude Recruited, And Recruition Map Can Be Different Depending On Class And (Bane/Boon?)And Personality Can be Imputed I Guess

I'm still hammering out the details on this, but here goes!

The story plays out in a few separate "books." Book 1 is set on a dying world that has been ravaged by war and eldritch abominations, called Vilcoor. It represents what would happen if the bad guys won in a typical Fire Emblem plot. Supernatural storms rake lightning across the landscape. Monsters walk (or fly, or just shamble) freely, killing and devouring anything and anyone they come across. The people of this destroyed world have adapted to become beastlike themselves after many generations of exposure to the wild magic that permeates the air itself (think Laguz, but without the transformation gauge). There are four tribes still alive, each named after its first ruler: Suzaku (the wing tribe), Byakko (Beast tribe), Genbu (the Deep tribe), and Seiryu (the Dragon tribe). Our first protagonist is a young woman (by the standards of her people) of the Seiryu tribe. Her parents, the king and queen of these blasted lands, have recently fallen in a battle to destroy the source of the great evil and stop the apocalypse. With their mission a failure she is faced with an impossible task: Save her kingdom, or at the very least save her people. With her most trusted bodyguard (A swordswoman of the wing tribe) at her side she sets out to gather the scattered clans of survivors and make use of the very same portal that brought the ancient evil to her world, and find a new home. The catch, of course, is that to open this gateway, a sacrifice of sufficient life force is required. Solving this problem will be one of a few important choices the player must make over the course of the game.

Once that mission is accomplished the player must choose a new Lord. There are chieftains of a few clans to choose from, each representing a different unit type: The swordfighter bodyguard from Book 1, a reckless lion man, and a tankalicious tortoise. Each of these characters has their own story beyond the dragon's gate in which their people arrive on a new, unfamiliar world and must adapt while fighting off the attacks of that world's natives. Each book will have a complete arc (around 10-15 chapters) and credits will roll. The main themes are sacrifice and choice. Once you have completed every book, another lord becomes available, and in their story, titled Extra Book: Finale, the cast is reunited. There will also be a new ending if you play through the whole game again after beating it, in which some dialogue is changed and a few major events offer new options for the choices you have to make.

While you may recruit a few human units in the worlds our heroes explore, the vast majority of your army will be members of the four tribes. Each tribe has several subtypes that will fill in the roles FE veterans would find in your more traditional game. Here's a real quick list:

First up we have the Suzaku tribe. They are the fast, light units (possibly except the condors) and the fliers of the Vilcoorian army. Their subtypes are as follows:

Falcon - Think like pegasus knights. uses spears in human form.

Eagle -

Owl -

Condor

Hawk

Raven

Heron

Next, another tellius callback, the Byakko tribe. These are the closest we will get to mounted units on the ground. Well balanced stats for the most part, though they have shown a distinct lack of resistance to magic. subtypes are:

Cat

Tiger

Lion

Wolf

Fox

Bear

Now, for a new addition to playable beasties, the Genbu tribe. Amphibions and Reptiles fall into this group, and most of them have excellent water movement. This group has a more eclectic selection of roles they fill, such as mages, heavy tanks, and even a thief-type. Subtypes are:

Tortoise

Turtle

Frilled lizard

Toad

Snake

Salamander

Finally there is the Seiryu tribe, otherwise referred to as the dragon tribe. They are fewer in number than the others, but each one you will recruit is unique. With one exception they are all recruited mid-to-lategame. Their subtypes are:

Black/Dragon Lord (great stats all-around. dragon form flies. both forms have 1-2 range.)

Red/Dragon Knight (crazy high hp/str/def. heavy armor-style movement)

White/Dragon Mage (great res/mag, good water mobility. dragon form has 1-2 range combat)

Purple/Faerie Dragon (frail and weak, but nimble and lucky. dragon form has bow range. both forms can fly)

As a reflection of the theme of choice, each unit's promotion options represent choosing to embrace their more bestial side (usually meaning they focus on transforming) or choosing to blend in with their new human neighbors and mastering human-style weapons and fighting. I could go into more detail here, but that's more of a technical/systems discussion, and we're talking plot.

So that's my word vomit!

Edited by Omegaprism

That sounds really interesting, Omegaprism, though from a purely gameplay-focused perspective, naval units honestly seem a bit difficult to balance effectively. Units that are at their best on an uncommon terrain type seem like they'd be rather unreliable mainstay units in your army, unlike fliers who are equally effective everywhere except for when there are too many archers, they can just move to more places.

Alastor, your point is a valid one! I have dreamed up a few ideas to balance out movement types (new terrain tiles, one of the worlds has a ton of water maps, etc.), but since this is a plot thread, I decided to bite my tongue, so to speak, and refrain from making my post any longer than it already was. Maybe when there is a discussion about new systems or level design or something along those lines I'll type out more about the gameplay elements. ;)

Nation A has a strained relationship with Nation B, often fighting over the scarcity of resources such as Vulneraries (this is reflected in game from their high price). Four orphans live in Nation A working as mercenaries ever since their parents died from an earlier war with Nation B. These orphans are hired by Nation A's king to escort a diplomat to arrange a pact between the two nations. On their way to Nation B, a hitman hired by Nation A's king assassinates the diplomat in order to convince the masses to turn against Nation B. The orphans have no choice but to aid Nation B in war, ironic since as they are aiding their parents' killers. Anyway they gather an army and have battles in their own. Blah blah dragons, blah blah incest, blah blah antagonist gets possesed by an exterior force. He dies, roll credits.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages, welcome to the continent of Nadeyatsya. I am here to tell you a story of conquerers, of heroes, of villains, of (possibly) love, and, above all, of war.

"Will there be dragons?"

Get the fuck out.

Anyway, I suppose some background is needed, is it not? Very well, then. It all started when the Emperor of the Empire of Sjeavaria, Waldemar III, died. Now, normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but, you see, his only heir was his 1 year old daughter, Augusta. His wife, Empress regent Sybilla, tried her hardest to hold the Empire together, but, unfortunately, the nobility were completely unwilling to support a woman for the throne, and an infant at that! Add vulturous neighbors in the form of Fiore, renowned for its magic wielding nobility, Turania, with its infamous Wyvern cavalry and Jannissary units, and Rhomaia, with its huge peasant levies, all of which supported the nobles, and, when the dust settled, Sjeavaria was only 1/4th of its former size. And so, Augusta was raised into a conquerer by her mother, determined that, one day, she would reunite her Empire. After that, the time will come to retake the land stolen from her Empire by Fiore, Turania, and Rhomaia.

That is not to say the other nations did not have problems. Fiore, for example, was plagued by a decadent nobility and a powerless King. Revolution, ultimately, was inevitable. That Revolution would come in the form of a young army officer named Lucien Petit, a visionary. You see, Lucien has been incorporating a little known technology called gunpowder into his armies. With his cannons and muskets, Lucien may be able to finally defeat the mage aristocracy oppressing his countrymen. After that, who knows? With this revolutionary new weapon, why, he could conquer the world!

Meanwhile, distant Turania, a nation that worships a different god from the other nations, has been ruled by her Jannissary corps as a de facto military dictatorship for centuries. However, they have grown complacent. They have forgotten that they can only rule the Empire through a puppet Badshah if that Badshah is willing to be a puppet. And the young Badshah Iskander is most certainly not a puppet. He escapes from his gilded cage in the middle of the night, determined to take back his Empire, with the help of the long disempowered Wyvern Riders. And yet, he must also be wary of a revanchinistic northern neighbor, and that Revolutionary Lucien is a clear threat to his hold on power. Augusta may pose a threat as well, but Iskander believes he can reason with her...

Speaking of those northern neighbors, lets talk about Rhomaia. You see, Ibrahim's ancestors conquered the holy city of Congrade from the Empire of Rhomaia. Now, Rhomaia's Empress, Eirena, is determined to retake the city. First, though, she must reform her Empire against the wishes of the decrepit Senate, who wish to keep their serfs in bondage. After that, well, she really is keen to defeat that bastard usurper Lucien. And yet, that upstart wench Augusta concerns her too...

Four rulers. Augusta. Lucien. Iskander. Eirena. What happens, you ask? Well, that is for you to decide. Who will history favor? Who will go down in history as "The Great?" Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to Fire Emblem: ​blah the Prussian wanting his Great Man view of history Empires! Pick a side. Win the war.

Evil King posessed and corrupted by evil starts war.

A group of rebels wearing no armour or clothes march against him. Meanwhile death and the despair of war follows everywhere,

but they're able to ignore it by marrying each other and talking about cake and disney princesses.

In the end they win, because they're invincible, and then travel through dimensions. To be continued in 60$ on-disc DLC...