How do I earn more Gold on Hard difficulty without DLC?

Noah25648

Get Leif's Blade on someone with Armsthrift, and hope for the best. That's the next-best thing I can suggest. You can also reclass Vaike/Gregor to Barbarian for Despoil.

Get Leif's Blade on someone with Armsthrift, and hope for the best. That's the next-best thing I can suggest. You can also reclass Vaike/Gregor to Barbarian for Despoil.

Doesn't Gaius and Donnel also get barbarian as well? I think Donnel does at the very least...as far as I can remember. That could help too.

Doesn't Gaius and Donnel also get barbarian as well? I think Donnel does at the very least...as far as I can remember. That could help too.

Donnel has Mercenary and Fighter as reclass options; Gaius: Fighter and Myrmidon. Fortunately, since Donnel has Mercenary as reclass option, he can run Armsthrift with Leif's Blade (preferably with a pair-up partner that can boost his Luck past 50 so he'd have no chance of breaking the Leif's Blade). Gregor can do the same as well.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Female MU or Morgan and other Mu children(if Male remember to pass galeforce) with Armsthrift, Despoil and galeforce (If your Mu marry Olivia you also have Luck+4 for extra chance). Remember you need kill enemy unit in your turn to active Despoil.

Female MU or Morgan and other Mu children(if Male remember to pass galeforce) with Armsthrift, Despoil and galeforce (If your Mu marry Olivia you also have Luck+4 for extra chance). Remember you need kill enemy unit in your turn to active Despoil.

I forgot Female Mu don t learn Despoil neither Morgan Female so remember to pass Despoil if you don t need other male only skill.

I forgot Female Mu don t learn Despoil neither Morgan Female so remember to pass Despoil if you don t need other male only skill.

Female Robin can get armsthrift though so she can make use of leif's blade. For Female Morgan definately give her despoil, coupled with armsthrift it might be helpful (and galeforce to help out) male Morgan could run that set up as well since female Robin would/should be handing down galeforce to Morgan (and he can run rightful king from Chrom if you want a boost to Morgan's skill activation of despoil/other skills that are affected by rk, only if you want to marry Chrom to female Robin). So there are options there if you need it!

Start off by getting a Reeking Box. Pick a nice place to open it so you get a good group of enemies. Before killing them all make sure the two sparkling spaces have been activated. Sell the bullions and unwanted items for gold.

This is a little luck based but it pays off.

You don't even need to marry Chrom for Rightful King though. It can be passed down from Brady or Inigo as well.

I just find it easier to go with Chrom since he's one of the first people you meet in awakening and while I hate F!Robin's support conversations with him, she is a good pair up with him at least.

I just find it easier to go with Chrom since he's one of the first people you meet in awakening and while I hate F!Robin's support conversations with him, she is a good pair up with him at least.

I don t like Chrom and I don t like Great Lord(as Grandmanster), Sniper give better stats as pair up and do most likely same damage and higher chance dual strike. Well, this is little off topic so I stop here.

Start off by getting a Reeking Box. Pick a nice place to open it so you get a good group of enemies. Before killing them all make sure the two sparkling spaces have been activated. Sell the bullions and unwanted items for gold.

This is a little luck based but it pays off.

If you couple it with using only units that have Despoil and 50+ Lck after pair-up (or Leif's Blade, AT, and 50+ Lck)), it's actually quite feasible to earn money, it's just slow.

Assume a map with at least 12 units (not hard to reach). I find that, typically speaking, every map after that point gives 3 S Boullion , plus weapon/item drops. If all of your fighting units have a 50% chance to generate a bullion from kills, as recommended above, then you have something like a 92% chance to get *at least* 3 bullion for killing 12 enemies, according to the binomial distribution, and you have an expected value of 6 (50% of 12 kills). So, every run should generate ~9k gold on average, or a profit of 4200 per map *after* accounting for the cost of replacing the Reeking Box you used. If you're lucky, you have a chance to get slightly above average returns, which lets you buy multiple new Reeking Boxes.

Although I haven't run things on higher than Normal yet (I play relatively slowly and infrequently, so the greater challenge hasn't been worth pursuing--yet), I find Owain's recruitment paralogue to work well for grinding. It's a Goldilocks zone of size, layout, ease of reaching the event tiles, and enemy numbers/gold drop. And since you're practically guaranteed (over 99% chance, even at only 45 Lck) to get at least 2 bullion from Despoil/Leif's Blade, you (nearly) always turn a profit, even if it's a small one. If you can find a map that usually/always generates 4 bullion per run, even better--you can easily double your investment with an average run, and the more times you do it, the closer (percentage-wise) you'll be to that average. (Thank you, Central Limit Theorem!)

Edited by amiabletemplar

I'm not sure whether or not I've mentioned it, but Despoil and Leif's Blade's effects can stack, meaning it's possible to get 2 Bullions from this method after just one kill.

Inigo (regardless of father), Vaike (with Despoil passed down) fathered Kjelle, Nah, Noire, Gregor fathered children (passing Despoil to the females), Donnel fathered Laurent, Henry fathered Severa (again passing on the skill) and at a guess (since I'm not sure if Cherche passing on Troubadour converts to Barbarian on Gerome) Donnel fathered Gerome.

As far as I'm aware, they're eligible for Armsthrift, Despoil Leif's Blade abuse for cash. The more the merrier, right?

I'm not sure whether or not I've mentioned it, but Despoil and Leif's Blade's effects can stack, meaning it's possible to get 2 Bullions from this method after just one kill.

Inigo (regardless of father), Vaike (with Despoil passed down) fathered Kjelle, Nah, Noire, Gregor fathered children (passing Despoil to the females), Donnel fathered Laurent, Henry fathered Severa (again passing on the skill) and at a guess (since I'm not sure if Cherche passing on Troubadour converts to Barbarian on Gerome) Donnel fathered Gerome.

As far as I'm aware, they're eligible for Armsthrift, Despoil Leif's Blade abuse for cash. The more the merrier, right?

So, I've only been running this on one character (Inigo) thus far, Stahl!Owain will be able to do it as well though once he can use swords again (not finished levelling Berserker). But I haven't yet seen an instance of a double-bullion happen. In theory, Inigo's Lck should be 49 after pair-up bonuses, meaning if the two work separately it should have a 24% chance of giving two bullion (and a 26% chance of giving none), but...that doesn't seem to be happening. It's seeming much more like it's still just one calculation, 49% chance of getting one bullion. Are you completely sure they stack?

Edited by amiabletemplar

• 3 weeks later...

I used Henry!Inigo with despoil, armsthrift, a leifs blade, paired with Sumia!lucina to give over 50 luck then battled spot pass teams.

This almost for sure can be used any unit that can learn the combination of these skills, I just used it with Inigo. Also this works pretty well with a 3+ bullion yield. I used this in my hard save. Its a nice way to train/grind for the units that can learn these. Another thing I like doing is making sure the enemy team is comprised of mostly archers or mages to get the biggest bullion chance.

Leif's blade shouldn't stack with despoil since it is despoil. Same reason why a breaker doesn't stack with a superior weapon for +100 hit/avo. Same reason you don't get two Sols or two Lunas.

Chrom!Indigo is probably the best option for despoil as if Olivia passes Galeforce(due to an early reclass from lv 30 dancer->Dark Flier) he can inherit Galeforce and Rightful king and imideatly is able to put Leif's Blade to use Plus he has acsess to Barbarian allowing for Despoil.

Rightful King,Despoil,Galeforce,Armstrhift,??? where the last slot is free to chose whatever This is what I have used to get super rich on Hard Mode though I also have Henry!Cynthia with Despoil (though she isn't as efficient due to lacking armsthrift so you still need to subtract her weapon use cost)

The best chapter to do this on is Paralouge 19 The conqueror's Whetstone. Which gives a wide open map with many enemies.

Another Cheaper option is to use Spotpass teams as with Despoil you can get a profit off them without using reeking boxes. This strategy is best employed by either Donnel Hero(w/ lief's Blade, or Chrom!Indigo who only needs 40 luck for 100% Armsthrift thanks to Rightful King and he will be able to get support from Chrom giving a boost to luck thanks to the Great Lords Pair Up bonus and an immediately available C support with Chrom.

So, I've only been running this on one character (Inigo) thus far, Stahl!Owain will be able to do it as well though once he can use swords again (not finished levelling Berserker). But I haven't yet seen an instance of a double-bullion happen. In theory, Inigo's Lck should be 49 after pair-up bonuses, meaning if the two work separately it should have a 24% chance of giving two bullion (and a 26% chance of giving none), but...that doesn't seem to be happening. It's seeming much more like it's still just one calculation, 49% chance of getting one bullion. Are you completely sure they stack?

It's rarer that it happens but I'm 110% certain that it happens.

Forgot to reply before...

It's rarer that it happens but I'm 110% certain that it happens.

It shouldn't because mechanically while held Leif's Blade grants the skill Despoil so it can't stack with itself (Lust like the Luna spear can't stack with the skill Luna,Sword Breaker and Superior sword don't stack with each other and so on.

So in effect you simply have reduced Indigo's skills by one. The only way to boost the odds are +10 Rightful King,Limit Breaker, All Stats+2 A/S Rank Pair up With Chrom/Lucina or Luck+4(which shouldn't be passed as gale force gives a higher modifier by give chances for up to 2 kills) As A and S rank give the same stat bonuses in pair up (+2 all stats) and Chrom Indigo can reach A rank with both Chrom and Lucina

The max value for despoil is thus a max luck Chrom!Indigo(47 Luck) paired with either Chrom or Lucina as a great lord respectivly(7+2 luck bonus)with Despoil/Leif's Blade(obviously), Limit Breaker(+10), All Stats +2 Rightful King(+10%) and Luck+4/Galeforce

All together seeing that Despoil has a Luck% chance That is 68Luck +10% or 78% of despoil activating if Galeforce is inherited, or 82% chance if Luck +4 is inherited(definitely not recommended)

However that is unmodified is we throw in a rally bot with Rally Spectrum,Rally Heart and Rally Luck we can add another 14% and Olivia can dance for a unit to give another +2% w/ special dance

so in theory the max despoil chance w/ Galeforce is 78+16=94% chance of despoil activating! and using a tonic can boost it up by an additional 2%

so the max Odds are assuming 3 enemies are killed per turn and a tonic is used kill1(94%)*Galeforce activates+kill2(94%) *Olivia dances+2%* +kill 3(96%)

Without Galeforce we can reach 100% activation so kill1(98%) *Olivia dances+2%* +kill 3(100%) which despite the 100% chance is one less attempt per turn and is a far crappier Indigo...

For any other character at most subtract 10% or 14% respectively as well as and that is discounting luck mods(Chrom!Indigo has a +2 luck Mod)

Without DLC reduce the odds by 14 % as the method requires at least DLC; Champions of Yore 3, Smash 2 Rouges and Redeemers 3 respectivly, so 80% is the max non DLC boost

Edited by Dragrath