Cipher Series 6 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: Sep 29: Happy release day! Good luck with your pulls everyone!

Kirie

Csw_-QdUIAE0uEZ.png

Csw_5foUEAAWoCI.png

Edit. Using the twitter pictures instead of Kizuna's magazine cover rip that i had up before.

Looks like this set will be actually sane for promo collectors.

Edited by Draxal

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there haven't been any events announced or anything, so there probably won't be any promos that are harder to get. If Cipher does Comiket91, that'll be S7.

Sigurd looks amazing! Less interested in Ayra, but it's still nice. Excited to get both, regardless.

Sigurd and Ayra definitely look nice. Sucks that I put both magazines in my cart just last night, and now the Nintendo Dream with Sigurd sold out :(

...that being said, if anyone is getting Nintendo Dream and wants to trade one of the Sigurd PRs for an Ayra PR, Roy PR, or Lilina PR from Dream/Dengeki, let me know :P

Oh yeah, I just noticed. I think whoever handles the wiki misspelled "Briggid" as "Bridget". Briggid comes from the Irish goddess of the same name:

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Brigid

http://www.goddessgift.com/goddess-myths/celtic-goddess-brigid.htm

SMT Apocalypse is SO good, holy crap.

Edited by SalShich10N

Oh yeah, I just noticed. I think whoever handles the wiki misspelled "Briggid" as "Bridget". Briggid comes from the Irish goddess of the same name:

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Brigid

http://www.goddessgift.com/goddess-myths/celtic-goddess-brigid.htm

SMT Apocalypse is SO good, holy crap.

It's not a typo or a misspelling. Bridget is the Project Naga name, so it's certainly a viable name to use for that character. The wiki also uses Erin in place of Fury, for example.

From what I am seeing Gold will be able to swarm the field quickly by stacking up bonds early on.

By the way I am curious is the ammount of R and SRs in a booster box strictly even between colors? As in you're going to always get 8 Gold and 8 Black in your 16 packs?

From what I am seeing Gold will be able to swarm the field quickly by stacking up bonds early on.

By the way I am curious is the ammount of R and SRs in a booster box strictly even between colors? As in you're going to always get 8 Gold and 8 Black in your 16 packs?

There's no real guarantee that the colors will be splitted evenly thanks to the random nature of TCGs boxes/packs, that being said the SRs tend to be even between colors for what I seen.

Yeah, it's definitely possible. I remember my first S1 box was very Blue-skewed (I think my SRs were Caeda, Lucina, Gaius, and Chrom?). It all evens out in the end but a single box could definitely lean towards giving more cards of one or the other colour.

So now that we've seen a good amount of the cards from this set, how's the set affecting the meta? How is gold looking so far, is Sigurd a viable MC?

Yellow is okay, Sigurd seems to be the only viable MC, Deirdre maybe. Elto/Cuan/Finn are decent but arent great. Yellow has some really unique card effects to deal with bonds, which is great.

Xander hilariously synergizes more with the old sibling promoted cards, because for the majority, the new ones are meh compared to the old ones or conflict with him turning off/on the dragon vein switch.

All of the siblings cause orbs to be flipped up, so they conflict with xander, other decks would be able to make better use of them (that dont use dragon vein, such as CorrinFWhite).

Camilla is alright, but you'll almost never flip 3 for the area destruction, but the 1 cost destruction every turn if there's an orb up is serviceable. Also, she's 30 support, so theres no real disadvantage to running her.

Elise can double attack, which is actually okay, and her supplementary effect is pretty good.

Leo is unfortunately meh, having to tap him to use his effect kills his potential, but i suppose a plain destruction effect is fine (coupled with his banning for 1 turn).

The ultimate problem is that by the time you get to use these dragon vein units, you'll have 0-1 orbs left to work with for flipping, and there's only 2 cards so far than can flip an orb back down to turn off effects (forrest and dead elise, which you would want for xander/camilla possibly), and since you have such a small resource pool, not many dragon veins can be used all the time.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

Only 97? Interesting. I was kinda thinking we'd maybe get one of that form, and one of final form, but then final form would come first I'd think, judging by how the cards are usually ordered. Now I'm wondering what 98 is. Hidden Truths form? That could have a lower cost than this form.

...I probably should have just put this in a spoiler tag and saved myself the effort of speaking in such roundabout terms.