Cipher Series 6 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: Sep 29: Happy release day! Good luck with your pulls everyone!

Kirie

They could do more than 6 SR+ cards in S7. I mean, we got a whole shitload of signed cards in S4 with all of the TMS#FE characters and all (though a lot of those were just R+s, but still). I wouldn't rule it out. It's enough for me to keep hoping at least. <3

Also, ohman, that R+ Ethlyn is gold. I'm really going to need to get her for sure. So many awesome cards in this set...

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's Twitter reveal is Charlotte HN and SR. It's technically nothing new, since the SR leaked yesterday and the HN is the text of her Tournament Promo slapped onto the artwork from the Charlotte sleeves, but the HN is totally new, never mind, I am a dumbface.

b7FT3zA.png

Edited by Kirie

Not gonna lie, I think it sucks that Genealogy is only getting 2 SR+'s in it's first set while Nohr gets 4 SR+'s in it's third. Like I get that it's for the panorama, but at least give them alternate art then. It also sucks that FE7 is likely to get the same treatment next set, since Hoshido is gonna get 4 SR+'s to match Nohr. There goes the dream of SR+ Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn :P

Ah well. At least SR+ Sigurd and Deirdre have an amazing joined art.

Eh, I think we know by now we know all games older than PoR will have issues due to lack of voice actors associated with their games (except for Roy in FE6). SD gets away from this as alot of chars are voice due to #FE.

While it looks like Deirdre SR+ is super expensive (she's just a good card in general that can be splashed easily); signed cards do add value to the resale market.

Also, they do change up the quantities of the cards in sets almost every set, so who knows what will happen in set 7.

Edited by Draxal

Today's daily reveal is 4 cards for the price of one! Both ice tribe sisters chilling out with joined art for R and R+ alt art variants.

jYptadA.png

I've also finally gotten around to adding the livestream images to the OP, but that pushed it over the image cap limit, so I copied the artwork images over to my next post in the thread. I'll try and remember to grab an extra post in the beginning for new series threads in the future, since that always seems to happen.

Always liked flora #best retainer. Will she be one of those expensive cards, cause i would love to pick one up! Also, have all the SR slots been taken? i have not been able to keep up to date on S6 so i was wondering. I saw that Charlotte SR so im assuming that's the final one for Nohr.

Edited by Das_Meme_Lord

Always liked flora #best retainer. Will she be one of those expensive cards, cause i would love to pick one up! Also, have all the SR slots been taken? i have not been able to keep up to date on S6 so i was wondering. I saw that Charlotte SR so im assuming that's the final one for Nohr.

Yeah, we know all the SRs now. For Fates, it's all 4 royal sibs plus Anankos and Charlotte. For Genealogy, it's Sigurd, Arvis, Deirdre, Quan, Ayra, and Lewyn.

Hard to say how much Flora's cards will go for in the long run since it's still pre-release, but I don't think she's a good competitive card, and she's only an R/R+ instead of an SR/SR+ like she was in S2, so she likely won't be too expensive.

Yeah, we know all the SRs now. For Fates, it's all 4 royal sibs plus Anankos and Charlotte. For Genealogy, it's Sigurd, Arvis, Deirdre, Quan, Ayra, and Lewyn.

Hard to say how much Flora's cards will go for in the long run since it's still pre-release, but I don't think she's a good competitive card, and she's only an R/R+ instead of an SR/SR+ like she was in S2, so she likely won't be too expensive.

That's good.Im probably going to go for cards that i want over how good they are. Looking at the SR's from S2 compared to S6 (Nohr royals in particular) the old cards were a bit better IMO.

As someone who collects for the pretty shinies and doesn't play, I'm always secretly happy when cards I really want are shit in the game because it means they'll be cheaper. >_>

This makes me wonder did Marth's SR+ got signed by his Melee voice actor or the newer one he's been using?

Marth 5(4) from series 1 is signed by the voice actor Hikaru Midorikawa and Marth 4(3) from series 4 is signed by the artist of the card, Maki Hadoka. His Japanese voice actor has not changed, it's been the same since the original OVA since 1997.

As someone who collects for the pretty shinies and doesn't play, I'm always secretly happy when cards I really want are shit in the game because it means they'll be cheaper. >_>

So True! kinda makes me happy that they come out with all these beautiful cards that cant do squat.

I thought Marth's amiibo unit in Fates had a different voice. That and Marth hasn't been re-voiced since Melee.

Anyways is it really always the case that a card is cheaper if the actual card is garbage?

Depends. Competitive usefulness is certainly one metric for card value, and you usually need more than one card to have in a deck, which leads to increased demand. Rarity of course also affects value and is generally reflected in price; SR+ and rare promos are the very high end of the rarity spectrum and are the most expensive cards. "Waifu tax" is generally the name given to the last big value changer, which generally has more to do with art and characters that competitive usefulness.

Edited by Kirie

If there's an expensive female card, chances are that waifu tax is a decent amount of the price, though it's hard to say exactly how much. But TCG Republic is stupidly overpriced anyway.

Camilla, Deirdre and Elise are all pretty expensive on yahoo japan ah atm.

It's good to know that if I pull these, I have some weight in trade. Of those you listed, I do want a Camilla - so if I pull an Elise or Deirdre, I can safely trade them for one (or maybe go backwards and finally grab that B01 Tiki I have been eying up...)

I like Elise and Deirdre, but I like tactician starter Elise the best as far as art goes and DD has a really nice starter and N/HN I can live with.

All the SR cards I do want are probably going to be the cheaper ones again, just because they aren't good. I just want to pull my Quan, darn it!

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

Except Anankos. Nobody seems to want poor Anankos.

When I first saw Anankos I thought that maybe the reason he was 0/0 was because he had some crazy effect like Relinquished in Yu-Gi-Oh!

Speaking of Yu-Gi-Oh!, FE Cipher anime wen?

When I first saw Anankos I thought that maybe the reason he was 0/0 was because he had some crazy effect like Relinquished in Yu-Gi-Oh!

Hey now, don't lump a badass like Renlinquished with Anankos. For a long time, Relinquished was, and still is, an unorthodox way of removing an enemy without destroying it, bypassing many rulings while also turning it's strength into your own.