Cipher Series 6 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: Sep 29: Happy release day! Good luck with your pulls everyone!

Kirie

If Players weren't around this game wouldn't be selling now would it hue.

Yes that's why I'm playing Lilina as one of my main chatacters because I love Lilina kek.

Most of the playable cards end up being someone I like most of the time. Yes I like Garon and Anankos. Don't hurt me.

I have low standards so I don't really hate characters. There's just a few whore are particularly better than others.

Also, 4 cards? Who said anything about 4 cards? Get away from my 8 Nowis.

Vince you Cipher whale, kek. Also, please rephrase one of your sentences @_@.

Edited by LucinaofYlisse

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Players weren't around this game wouldn't be selling now would it hue.

Oh I am well aware, I was just making a friendly jab ;p

I think the only characters I absolutely would not ever use no way no how are tharja and Charlotte.

I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole.

Hey, Charlotte is cool. I really like using her on Conquest, though I think she might be a bit bad in Cipher. Many people dismiss her just as a pair-up bot, but she can do her own stuff if you let her. Despite her gimmicks, she has some of the best support conversations, which is very surprising coming from Fates.

I couldn't imagine playing with characters I didn't like, just because they were "good". I'd have the most fun trying to get a roy and friends deck to work tbh.

Ryouma is my soul, my life. I am him, and he is I!

Our Immovable Army shall march courageously into battle, ready to crush all that opposes them!

About how many repeats can one expect from these big booster pack boxes?

You should only get duplicates of R or SR cards if one of them is a +. So you can get an R+ and a regular R of the same card, but you won't get 2 regular Rs of the same card in one box. As such, you're guaranteed 11 unique Rs and 4 unique SRs in 1 booster box, so you'll be missing some, but the chances of duplicates aren't very common.

For HN/N cards, you're likely to get duplicates for sure, but which cards and how many can be somewhat swingy. Let's use S6 as the example, since it's the most recent. There are 48 HNs total in one box and 30 different HNs in the set. With one box, you certainly could pull all 30, but you also might miss some. Even if you do pull all 30, you'll have 18 duplicates. You'll end up with 1-2 for most cards, but are some that you might not get and some that you might get 3 of.

Ns are where most of your duplicates are going to be. You get 96 total Ns in one booster box, out of 42 different types. I don't think I've never heard of anyone not getting a certain N in a box, but you might only get 1-2 of one, whereas you might get 3-4 of another. An ideal distribution would be 2 of each and 3 of a couple extras, and Ns are more likely to be distributed evenly because there are simply so many of them that it's more difficult to have huge swings, but every box will vary.

Seliph is 008-52R+X.

Source ... have it in my hands. GORGEOUS card (the gold framing works really well with Genealogy for obvious reasons) but impossible to read the rarity even in person.

You should only get duplicates of R or SR cards if one of them is a +. So you can get an R+ and a regular R of the same card, but you won't get 2 regular Rs of the same card in one box. As such, you're guaranteed 11 unique Rs and 4 unique SRs in 1 booster box, so you'll be missing some, but the chances of duplicates aren't very common.

For HN/N cards, you're likely to get duplicates for sure, but which cards and how many can be somewhat swingy. Let's use S6 as the example, since it's the most recent. There are 48 HNs total in one box and 30 different HNs in the set. With one box, you certainly could pull all 30, but you also might miss some. Even if you do pull all 30, you'll have 18 duplicates. You'll end up with 1-2 for most cards, but are some that you might not get and some that you might get 3 of.

Ns are where most of your duplicates are going to be. You get 96 total Ns in one booster box, out of 42 different types. I don't think I've never heard of anyone not getting a certain N in a box, but you might only get 1-2 of one, whereas you might get 3-4 of another. An ideal distribution would be 2 of each and 3 of a couple extras, and Ns are more likely to be distributed evenly because there are simply so many of them that it's more difficult to have huge swings, but every box will vary.

Oh awesome, thank you! Guess I won't be too worried about missing many. And nice to hear that a good amount of rare cards are guaranteed.

Seliph is 008-52R+X.

Source ... have it in my hands. GORGEOUS card (the gold framing works really well with Genealogy for obvious reasons) but impossible to read the rarity even in person.

Looks like we have a repeat of set 5, friend - you've got the goods and here I am stuck waiting until Monday ;p

Congrats though! He's my most wanted card in the set.

For anyone that's been following along looking for art, my album has been updated to include today's finds: Leo & Felicia tournie promos and Percy's N/HN cards.

Still twiddling my thumbs waiting until Tuesday for my boxes...

Looks like we have a repeat of set 5, friend - you've got the goods and here I am stuck waiting until Monday ;p

Congrats though! He's my most wanted card in the set.

Oh trust me, you wouldn't be jealous of my pulls (4 boxes)

1 SR+ Xander

1 R+ Garon

2 R+X Seliph

1 SR Sigurd

1 SR Deirdre

2 SR Quan

1 SR Ayra

2 SR Lvin

2 SR Arvis

1 SR Xander

3 SR Charlotte

3 SR Anankos

3 Genealogy Sleeves 1 VincentASM sleeves

4 Pairs of Hoshidirrin and Eliwood

Out of 24 boxes I have bought so far, six have SR+s. Kinda odd how exact that is working for me at this moment.

Edited by Draxal

1 SR+ Xander

1 R+ Garon

2 R+X Seliph

1 SR Sigurd

1 SR Deirdre

2 SR Quan

1 SR Ayra

2 SR Lvin

2 SR Arvis

1 SR Xander

3 SR Charlotte

3 SR Anankos

Out of 24 boxes I have bought so far, six have SR+s. Kinda odd how exact that is working for me at this moment.

Hey that's awesome! That means you took 4 Hoshidorrins and 3 SR Anankos out of the pool for the rest of us. You're so kind. Really I personally will gauge my initial Luck based on whether I get MaCorrin or FeMui.

Edited by SalShich10N

1 SR+ Xander

1 R+ Garon

2 R+X Seliph

1 SR Sigurd

1 SR Deirdre

2 SR Quan

1 SR Ayra

2 SR Lvin

2 SR Arvis

1 SR Xander

3 SR Charlotte

3 SR Anankos

1 SR Xander

3 SR Charlotte

3 SR Anankos

3 SR Anankos

RIP you

Hey that's awesome! That means you took 4 Hoshidorrins and 3 SR Anankos out of the pool for the rest of us. You're so kind. Really I personally will gauge my initial Luck based on whether I get MaCorrin or FeMui.

I actually had 4 of both of them already from the original magazines, so I really didn't really care either way. The +'s saved the four boxes for me, if anything I wasn't grumpy about the Anankoses, but the lack of Deirdres. She's such an amazing card.

Flipping bonds face up is not currently gamebreaking.

Right now the only 2 cards that unflip bonds (without flipping a bond face down since that's counterproductive unless you want a specific bond skill) are Cost 4 Deidre and Cost 3 Ethlyn. Ethlyn can only unflip if she defeats an enemy - by default she is a base 60 without any range so she's not going to be hitting the opponent's MC reliably, assuming it's a standard base 70 MC. That combined with the fact that the unit being attacked can also just dodge it and with her being a 10 support means running her usually hurts her deck more than she helps. Cost 4 Deidre gets the unflip for free at the end of the turn and there's no downside, so she will be the main unflipper being played.

Even with the free advantage Deidre provides through unflipping there are things to keep in mind. You need to flip the bonds in the first place for them to be unflipped (obvious but yes). This means you need to play a unit that uses bonds from turn 1-3 or use a bond skill, assuming you are playing Deidre the early as possible which is turn 4 (unless they didn't kill a cost 1 Deidre and then you CC her, which is rare for multiple reasons). Playing a unit that uses bonds from turn 1-3 doesn't sound that hard but the benefits from using bonds that early are minimal (or are taken at the cost of promoting your MC).

So typically it ends up being that unless your MC uses bonds with their own skill or you are using bond skills (none of which are currently that good), the earliest Deidre even can unflip a bond off an actually good skill is turn 5. Deidre's unflipping happens at the end of the turn meaning you can only gain the advantage of the unflip the next turn. So at the earliest it's turn 5 where she helps, but typically it'll be turn 6 where non bond using MCs get the benefit from an unflip of Deidre - by this turn the game is mostly over or will be over the next turn, unless either player is playing a stally MC.

This reply turned out to be way more complicated than expected because I wanted to cover everything (but then I didn't anyway because too many details and this is already too long).

Is flipping bonds face up really that gamebreaking on the competitive metagame? Does that resonate as well with Nowi and Cost 2 Tiki as it sounds?

Well, Femui4White (aka Corrin (Female), Final White Flame) has the nice ability to summon a 70-attack card every turn for 2 bonds. Some Flip 1 effects are pretty good on certain cards, like Lena3, Elincia4, Clarine3, Yubello/Yumina 3s, and Lilina4. If you could unflip the costs for all of those effects, then that's some CRAZY value there! (t. TrumpSC)

Also, I saw Anankos at 50 Yen. Hot damn.

There's really little different between pulling an Anankos, Sigurd, Quan, or Arvis. If you pull a Deirdre, (or to a lesser extent Camilla/Elise) you're set, hope you guys get better luck than I did (not really complaining about my luck, I have had good boxes in the past).

Edited by Draxal

You guys may mock Anankos. However I would love to fill two pages of a 9-card binder with just Anankos.

The main reason for Quan / Arvis / Sigurd and Anankos being so cheap is because of playability. Same reason why Deirdre is expensive.

#messagemewiththeAnankosyoudontwant

Edited by TheVinceKnight

There's really little different between pulling an Anankos, Sigurd, Quan, or Arvis. If you pull a Deirdre, (or to a lesser extent Camilla/Elise) you're set, hope you guys get better luck than I did (not really complaining about my luck, I have had good boxes in the past).

Just keep listing all the cards that I actually want from this set why don't you </3