Cipher Series 6 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: Sep 29: Happy release day! Good luck with your pulls everyone!

Kirie

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, yeah, TCG economies are interesting.

It sure is! Don't have to tell me twice :p

TBH tho I'm much much happier with SR+ Sigurd than any other + I could have pulled, simply because he is the one I actually wanted. A card like Deirdre + just screams "trade me for a bunch of other cards."

Also, call me strange but I would have much rather have pulled Seliph than any of the SR+ cards. It's all in what you want, y'know?

It sure is! Don't have to tell me twice :p

TBH tho I'm much much happier with SR+ Sigurd than any other + I could have pulled, simply because he is the one I actually wanted. A card like Deirdre + just screams "trade me for a bunch of other cards."

Also, call me strange but I would have much rather have pulled Seliph than any of the SR+ cards. It's all in what you want, y'know?

Nah, there's nothing strange about that at all. :P Just because cards are rare doesn't mean you have to want them! I was rather disappointed in S5 when I pulled an SR+ Narcian instead of the regular one, because I liked plain Narcian's art better.

Though, I'm holding onto my Deirdre SR+ and have no desire to sell or trade her. >.> <.< I know I could get a bunch for selling her (same with some of my other cards like Elise SR+ and F!Corrin SR+ from S2), but she'll do just fine in my collection on her own.

my problem is I'm a completionist, so I have to get one of every card.

I used to be that way too.

I realized that collecting them all is fun, but how many people do that? To be collector is almost the same mindset at being a completionist. That always burned me out, because I'd end up spending my money on cards or figures I didn't like just to have the collection be "complete". I didn't really like it, and it sure as hell didn't impress anyone.

Now, I just collect the cards I want, and I'm very happy with that - after all, this makes my collection unique, because only I have that exact assortment of cards. It's truly mine!

Nah, there's nothing strange about that at all. :P Just because cards are rare doesn't mean you have to want them! I was rather disappointed in S5 when I pulled an SR+ Narcian instead of the regular one, because I liked plain Narcian's art better.

I agree with you - regular Narcian has been one of my favorite pulls so far :D

I'd hate to have a collection with an incomplete portrait.I also don't really like how signatures get in the way of the art.

Agree - before alt art, it was easy to ignore+ cards. Now it's not so easy.

I can live with half a portrait and I definitely don't need Deirdre+, but it does sort of bother me how they share that gold border so it's missing off the right of Sigurd's card.

Sigurd/Arvis double is the hot stuff anyway, so yea :D

I used to be that way too.

I realized that collecting them all is fun, but how many people do that? To be collector is almost the same mindset at being a completionist. That always burned me out, because I'd end up spending my money on cards or figures I didn't like just to have the collection be "complete". I didn't really like it, and it sure as hell didn't impress anyone.

Now, I just collect the cards I want, and I'm very happy with that - after all, this makes my collection unique, because only I have that exact assortment of cards. It's truly mine!

This is basically me, too, the biggest difference is that I've never been a completionist. Having a full set of something doesn't interest me; I much more so enjoy the thrill of opening packs, and the fun of trading with others. I sometimes break down and buy singles, but only for cards that I really want.

I do think that it's important that people play and collect in ways that are fun to them. If that's completing sets, then have at it. But it's good to recognize if/when something has stopped being fun and to correct that behaviour.

I'm merging this thread into the main Series 6 question thread :) ~Kirie

In terms of actually answering the question, I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere (Here? Discord? Cipherbook? Not sure) about case ratios and that he's the most common out of all the R+ pulls, but I don't remember the specifics, so hopefully someone can chime in. :)

Hmm, now that you guys have shared those thoughts I remembered that I originally wanted to get Cipher cards because I wanted to fill a binder with my teams for every game as cards. I think hunger for cards have more or less clouded my judgement when I bought two boxes of cipher (seriously, what am I supposed to do with all these commons. have all the N and HNs for this set twice over), but my pulls were good enough to trade a few for the rest that I need for my goal so I don't complain. It's always good to have a proper goal in mind with these kind of things, otherwise you can spend quite a lot of money.

• 2 months later...