Cipher Series 6 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: Sep 29: Happy release day! Good luck with your pulls everyone!

Kirie

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually planning on replaying FE4 with the Project Naga patch in the next month or so. It's been too long since I've played and I want to make sure I can remember all the proper names for the characters in time for card reveals. >.>

The only one that really bothers me personally is Lachesis to Raquesis because Lachesis actually IS something and Raquesis is vaguely, awkwardly French-sounding nothing. And I really like her. :<

It... honestly doesn't, sounds like those ''American'' characters trying to sound super hammy in anime.

It's just an unnecesarely convoluted way to name a small icon no one's going to call by it's name outside of the wiki anyways, so no need to think too much about it.

1st priority goes to NoA and NoE, as they are the official ones, for this we simply use the one that we like the most (See Shiida and Navarre both being used).

2nd priority would be Project Naga's as that's the patch everyone should be playing nowadays and thus they would get used and be familiar with those names (Note it uses the oficial names too, so it doesn't fight with the first one).

The problem with the NoJ names is that in a good number of cases they are a mess to pronounce or are heavily corrupted once they where written in Japanese and a few even aren't even names, this type of reasons are why they where changed in Project Naga anyways which is why I'd take them over the JP ones.

Edited by Jariu

almost all the FE4 NoJ names are real names (either places, mythological or military), if spelled a little funny. the NoA names make no sense (I will not call Sety Ced, or any of the other ridiculous names NoA came up with) I still have no clue why NoA did what they did.

Well, as I mentioned a lot of names are corrupted when passed to japanese.
Refer to this: https://web.archive.org/web/20020606191800/http://ww5.tiki.ne.jp/~shihan/spell/seisen.htm

It is a matter of fact every name used in FE4 is just Kaga wanting to have cool references for the japanese audiences, so looming over them for matters of meanings is useless if you ask me.

As per the NoA/NoE names, well, send a letter complaining to them. We just use the oficial names because those are the names most people know due to playing the games or the best translation available and thus are familiar with said names..

Edited by Jariu

Oh wow, those are super gorgeous! I'm really glad the Raquesis art got in since I super love it; I figured we'd get 2 for FE4 and 2 for Fates, so I expected just Sigurd and Dierdre. :p I planned on buying 2 packs this time to match my larger box order (I broke down and went for 4 instead of my usual 3, so 1 pack won't be enough for all the Rs/SRs as I open), so I think I'll go for Raquesis and Dierdre.

Can't find a non-watermarked version anywhere, so I guess I'll toss this version of the image up in the OP for now and replace them later.

Edited by Kirie

Series 6 sleeve designs revealed:

CoLnsBnVMAE6fd8.jpg

Left to Right, top to bottom

Sigurd, Dierdre

Laquesis, Charlotte

Basically.

Same release date as Series 7.

The Dierdre's and Raquesis's Cards are really nice

Dierdre is such beauty maiden.

Edited by Troykv

I still think something is screwed up with Lachesis' wrist in her art. And Deirdre looks pissed.

You'd be too if you snapped out of hypnosis to find out the man you're currently married to killed the love of your life AND you just gave birth to the antichrist. She looks more condescending than pissed, though.

I think Sigurd hands down has the best art, though it's hard not to look at Charlotte's... lunch box.

• 4 weeks later...

Based on previous precedent of the Cipher Mascot cards being the last posted on twitter for a given set, I'm guessing that daily card reveals for S6 will be starting up on Monday. Get excited everyone! :p

Uh... yay. :P

Well... they better start. Xander / Sigurd first?

Between the two I'd like to believe they'd start with Sigurd since he's more of the face of Series 6 than Xander, I feel. Either way, I believe Kirie's observation is indeed true and we ought to start seeing Series 6 cards very soon. I think there'll be fun times ahead next week.

Between the two I'd like to believe they'd start with Sigurd since he's more of the face of Series 6 than Xander, I feel. Either way, I believe Kirie's observation is indeed true and we ought to start seeing Series 6 cards very soon. I think there'll be fun times ahead next week.

I think it's possible if they did both at once.

Marth / Lucina were put out that way in Series 4 but what do I know mmm