Cipher Series 6 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: Sep 29: Happy release day! Good luck with your pulls everyone!

Kirie

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's a lot of space for villains. I can't up but be excited a bit, since I've always wanted to see more villains represented in Cipher, so this sets a fun precedent. Really hoping we get to see an Arete card, since she has a cool design.

I don't think Hans is getting an unpromoted, villians do not get that special treatment do they? Maybe Maid Shade, Revenant Knight Emma. Maybe they crammed Shura, back here too. Perhaps Kotaro gets a card. Every unfair kill in Conquest deserves a card.

I don't think Hans is getting an unpromoted, villians do not get that special treatment do they? Maybe Maid Shade, Revenant Knight Emma. Maybe they crammed Shura, back here too. Perhaps Kotaro gets a card. Every unfair kill in Conquest deserves a card.

S6 has already proven that it's breaking previous precedent regarding villains*; not only is Garon not an SR, but based on his numbering it's incredibly likely we'll be getting more than 1 villain in this set, and both of those things are unprecedented so far. We'll just have to wait and see until they reveal more, but it's pretty safe to say that we shouldn't be making assumptions just based on what's been done previously so far.

(* - There's also Michalis R in S4, though he's a kind of interesting edge case as he was recruitable in FE12, so he could count as either a possible PC or a villain. If counted as a villain, he would also break previous precedents of both noted cases, since he was an R and Emperor Hardin SR was also in the same set.)

Edited by Kirie

There was also a update to the Emma, Shade, Yuzu and Lando column today! You can check it out here. Of note is the deck list shown that was used by Kawade during the recent Caravan event, since it shows off a handful of new cards featuring Fury, Arvis, Beruka, and Peri.

Arvis getting a level 1 is interesting, as for Hans. Somebody could correct me on this, but I do recall Kozaki having two different sketches of Hans on older streams.

Also Xander's boxtooper promo looks like it can be confirmed to have the boxart of this new set and be safely assigned 006-051.

Edited by Draxal

Arvis getting a level 1 is interesting, as for Hans. Somebody could correct me on this, but I do recall Kozaki having two different sketches of Hans on older streams.

Also Xander's boxtooper promo looks like it can be confirmed to have the boxart of this new set and be safely assigned 006-051.

I think it's B06-052. Which is standard, because B06-051, is going to be his SR.

I don't recall Hans having two sketches, wasn't one a small sketch and the other the near finished product?

I think it's B06-052. Which is standard, because B06-051, is going to be his SR.

I don't recall Hans having two sketches, wasn't one a small sketch and the other the near finished product?

Yeah you're right on Xander, I didn't have my morning coffee.

Huh, I don't think I have the other Hans art; I'll have to hunt for it. 2 different artworks could imply a promotion or just another alt. art scenario. Though it looks like promotion has more or less been confirmed with Arvis1 showing up in Kawade's deck anyway.

I'm not sure where or who should I ask of this, but could they add in a parenthesis or something the name "Ferry" or "Fury" for Erin? Or at least add a new name chart in the FE4 page.

This name in particular for the new fan translation is waaaay too far-fetched and will mislead those who played the older fan patch.

Edited by SalShich10N

I'm not sure where or who should I ask of this, but could they add in a parenthesis or something the name "Ferry" or "Fury" for Erin? Or at least add a new name chart in the FE4 page.

This name in particular for the new fan translation is waaaay too far-fetched and will mislead those who played the older fan patch.

Yeah, Fury/Erin is weird. I plan on using both names for my posts here to kinda help people out.

PS: OP updated with livestream cards and Xander's twitter revealed SR.

Edited by Kirie

The name of the card is Ferry/Fury

The Katakana reads Fyurii

Yes, but the argument for Project Naga is that Fury is not a name. Dunno why Erin though.

The Wiki will choose to roll with what sounds better, which is Erin by the way.

The name of the card is Ferry/Fury

The Katakana reads Fyurii

For the most part, I'm using Project Naga names for consistency, and because it's the best and most accurate translation of the game to date. Some names, however (like the aforementioned Fury/Erin) will likely have both used for reference because it's such a big change over the previously used names.

I think Erin is just a typo. It wasn't spouse to be the name of the card. What is the name of the artist BTW

http://bookofholsety.dreamwidth.org/24839.html

Not a typo here kek.

It's not intended to be the name of the card no, but we're going for what would be more predicted to be localisation. We can't tell who the artist is for a bit, not without a clearer picture (for Erin at least).

Looking forward to Elise / Leo / Camilla, if Xander can be this good I mean the others should be just as good too right.

Yes, but the argument for Project Naga is that Fury is not a name. Dunno why Erin though.

The Wiki will choose to roll with what sounds better, which is Erin by the way.

And something like Geese is?

Trick is, it becomes a name if you let it be a name.

It has also been used as a name, King Fury, in localized versions of Okami. Fury can be a name.

I honestly don't feel strongly one way or the other, but this is a case of where the translator flat out said "I don't like Fury so I will name her after my friend Erin, because I said so"

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

From Bookofholsety's website:

Yeah, this is the big one. The only complete 100% change in the entire translation. This is my Vergil, except unlike the Heroes of Shadow, I'm sticking with this one.

Okay, first of all, Fury is not a fucking name. Fury is a goddamn emotional state. Fury is something that comical Mario villains scream to the point of being endlessly quoted. That's reason #1 why i made this change; were FE4 to be officially localised, there is no way in hell she would still be called "Fury" for exactly this reason. Similarly, not only is "Ferry" not a fucking name, but it's also a really bad approximation of the katakana, which quite literally say "fury" (and the character can't even do any ferrying because rescuing doesn't exist in FE4).

Another concern i had is the nature of the character the names are being applied to. Fury just doesn't have much in the way of... well, fury. She's mild-mannered and polite to a fault. Maybe somebody like Ayra could've gotten away with literally being named after a word for anger (by which I mean that's exactly what happened), but not the firstgen pegasus knight

That said, the name "Fury" does make a pretty obvious mythological nod: the furies of roman mythology, the vengeful goddesses of the underworld. Fortunately this one was really obvious: in Greek, the furies are known as the "erinyes", which conveniently starts with a very nice, well-known (if not common) English name. Boom, change secured. It makes the exact same reference, it sounds infinitely better. Additionally, separate from greco-roman mythology, Erin as a given name has a very irish history which makes it a good fit with the game's many references to irish mythology.

Hopefully, this'll clears stuff up. IMO, the way everything behind this naming choice comes together doesn't just make perfect sense; it's downright beautiful! (Granted, I also realized the furries=erinyes reference from the moment I saw the new name, which is probably not something everybody does).

Edited by VmmVaa