Best partner for Subaki in Revelations?

Vuego21

As nice as it would be for it to happen, you didn't mean Hinata, correct? Cauuuuse thats not not possible. Unfortunatly.

I haven't played Revelations, and I've only paired Subaki with Hinoka (Birthright). I though it was good, but its the only one ive done so far.

Also, i heard Selena!Caeldori has pretty good speed, but not much else. But, I think getting Bowbreaker and Sol on Subaki without using other Castles might be worth it, if you wanted to not use other castles. Plus, Selena would get access to Astra and LoD. And the S rank Katana.

Oboro would make Caeldori pretty Balanced both offensively and defensively (as in good offense and defense), plus natural access to Rend Heaven (AMAZING for late game) and Seal Defense (and Speed?) If you want that. Subaki would get Rend Heaven naturally as well. Oboro would get... not much honestly. The pair-up would boost her speed, but thats about it. I also feel like Oboro is better paired elsewhere.

Mozu would give Caeldori Aptitude, (whatever the double unit skill is called) and the gold bar skills, all naturally. Not much else though. Subaki would get JUST Sniper skills, since he has Kinshi already. Mozu gets... just Falcon Knight skills. So... for just natural stuff, this pairing is good for Caeldori, but sucky for the parents. Also, I don't know what Mozu passes down to her kids in terms of stat caps.

Well... thats enough analyzing for now.

Plus, Selena would get access to Astra and LoD. And the S rank Katana.

Nope. Sky Knight is her secondary, so she'd get a fat load of nothing.

Nope. Sky Knight is her secondary, so she'd get a fat load of nothing.

Doesnt she get Samurai from him? I thought they just allowed access to whatever class they can get from them, with primary being prioritized.

Sorry that was weirdly worded. Hopefully you understood me.

If your correct, then that pairing seems kinda meh. Aside from the whole "Cordelia reborn" thing. Thats the only reason I may possible do this pairing.

Edited by TrueEm

Doesnt she get Samurai from him? I thought they just allowed access to whatever class they can get from them, with primary being prioritized.

Sorry that was weirdly worded. Hopefully you understood me.

If your correct, then that pairing seems kinda meh. Aside from the whole "Cordelia reborn" thing. Thats the only reason I may possible do this pairing.

The secondary class is passed down only if both units share the same primary (e.g. Subaki/Hinoka).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

The best ones are Hinoka and oboro for physical attacker, for a magic build is Nyx and Sakura, Selena is just for fanservice.

Pretty much this, and from what I see from people's planned pairings, about 90% of the player base did Subaki X Selena in Revelations.

Selena!Caeldori has average speed and a defense mod of 5

Whaaaaaat!? Damn... i need to give more credit to my daughter, she gives good cap mods. Does Selenas speed cap mod get canceled out by Subakis? Or am I looking too far into it.

For all the cool aesthetics and dialogue the Subaki x Selena Pair gives, it's probably the most thoroughly mediocre Pairing for Baki. The Caeldori will be a brick wall that can't deal more than paper cuts and Selena and Baki just make each other faster and nothing else.

Whaaaaaat!? Damn... i need to give more credit to my daughter, she gives good cap mods. Does Selenas speed cap mod get canceled out by Subakis? Or am I looking too far into it.

Her def mod is only 1 actually, it's just that Subaki's is 3. Her speed mod does cancel Subaki's which leaves Caeldori with a speed mod of 1.

Edited by DavidSW

For all the cool aesthetics and dialogue the Subaki x Selena Pair gives, it's probably the most thoroughly mediocre Pairing for Baki. The Caeldori will be a brick wall that can't deal more than paper cuts and Selena and Baki just make each other faster and nothing else.

Yeah. Considering its Selena, id assume cael's strength cap mod is like... 1 or 2. Oboro is definitly a better parent for her, but i feel like she could be paired better elsewhere.

On a different note, does Subaki actually suck by himself, or is it just my bad luck? He always has lopsided stats and just... is meh. For me. And also my friend. His sucks too.

Her def mod is only 1 actually, it's just that Subaki's is 3. Her speed mod does cancel Subaki's which leaves Caeldori with a speed mod of 1.

Ah. I forgot about the plus 1 every child unit gets.

Also... isnt Selenas speed mod like... plus 3? Subaki, come on man, step it up.

Edited by TrueEm

Baki is.... weird. His Growth Rates are kinda trash, so he basically lives off his bases before promotion. By the time he promotes to Falco Knight, he's outclassed by Hinoka in every way (not to mention Caeldori), so most people like to tool him as a support Falco (Letting him work on Staffs and using Rally Speed.). I've also heard decent things about Bolt Naginata Baki (giving him a Magic Support like Orochi or Sakura), though I've never really tested it out myself.

Caeldori has the Prodigy personal skill (+4 damage dealt if she faces off against an enemy whose highest offense stat exceeds that of Caeldori's corresponding stat at the start of the battle), so having a 0 or negative mod in strength or magic could work in her favor to make up for the slight loss of damage output (Selena!Caeldori gets -1 Strength and +1 Magic mods) though I can see it mainly working on limited-to-no grind playthroughs or future challenge DLC maps.

Yeah. Considering its Selena, id assume cael's strength cap mod is like... 1 or 2. Oboro is definitly a better parent for her, but i feel like she could be paired better elsewhere.

On a different note, does Subaki actually suck by himself, or is it just my bad luck? He always has lopsided stats and just... is meh. For me. And also my friend. His sucks too.

Selena!Caeldori's str mod is -1.

In their base classes, Subaki has the same speed and def growths as Hinata, with less HP and str.

Rinkah is also pretty good depending on what options yo have left. She doesn't really mess up Caeldori and makes her very bulky. Her -1 STR Mod helps her trigger Prodigy a lot for me. Magic Weapons can come in handy as well if her MAG grows.

Oboro!caeldori has better bulk than hinoka!caeldori and the same str/skill/spd iirc. However, hinoka!caeldori has better growths and will cap out str earlier, and also passes down red hair. Either of those make a very strong caeldori. Most people use selena, but its pretty shit gameplay wise since both are lacking strength and neither give it.

Selena!Caeldori's str mod is -1.

In their base classes, Subaki has the same speed and def growths as Hinata, with less HP and str.

Wow, ok then. Subaki is like... the worst Catria archetype. And they're normally really good.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Subaki DOES fall into the Catria archetype, right?

Oboro!caeldori has better bulk than hinoka!caeldori and the same str/skill/spd iirc. However, hinoka!caeldori has better growths and will cap out str earlier, and also passes down red hair. Either of those make a very strong caeldori. Most people use selena, but its pretty shit gameplay wise since both are lacking strength and neither give it.

If I don't pair Oboro or Hinoka with someone else, I'll probably pair one of them with Subaki.

Also, who do people normally pair Selena with anyways? I paired her with Benny in my conquest run, which is really dumb I bet, but it was my only option left.

If I don't pair Oboro or Hinoka with someone else, I'll probably pair one of them with Subaki.

Also, who do people normally pair Selena with anyways? I paired her with Benny in my conquest run, which is really dumb I bet, but it was my only option left.

She is kinda a leftover Mother tbh. I paired her with Jakob and made an Elite Ninja Dwyer. Not as good as my Soleil but he gets the job done.

Selena makes a good Velouria.