What class is your avatar and why.

Suspect

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my Birthright run I chose Merc because it's otherwise unavailable, gives you Sol, and it's one of my favorite classes in general.

Conquest I picked Oni Savage, not that I ever had a chance to use it with Conquest's limited experience gain.

Revelations I picked Ninja. I'm using a male Corrin this run and can get every class but Oni Savage and Merchant through Buddy Seals anyway, so I picked a class that'd benefit my spouse, in this case Beruka. Her high Skill would benefit well from Lethality I think, plus it gives her Replicate via Mechanist.

Outside the default lord promotion, my favorite classes were Revenant Knight (+magic) and Dread Fighter. Magic classes are always fun and Dread Fighter's ability to practically negate magic is also pretty cool. They both have good skills too.

Anything +mag works though. (It's flat out the best asset for fates)

This.

I don't have the game yet since you know, Europe, but here is what I am planing.

Birthright-Troubadour

I am going to be female here and I plan on marrying Takumi. My final class is gonna be Priestess so Live to Serve will be nice.

Conquest-Archer

I am male here and I am marrying Niles so the class is mainly to support Niles.

Revelation-Oni Savage/Cavalier

My Oni run will be my max optimization run for PvP. I plan on getting all c;asses and skills for my MU so I am going Oni as talent and I am gonna marry Midori (Don't judge me)

Cav is for my headcanon run.

I thought Magic got hit with the nerf stick in Fates.

Ahahahahahahaa... No, its still flat broken.

That said there are very good reasons for not fielding 20 tome/mag wep only users ala awakening and the physical unit pool is strong enough to give the mostly weaker mag pool a run for its money.

Edited by joshcja

Conquest - Spear Master +skill, -mag because of design, my love for spears/pikes/halberds/naginatas and tanky classes.

Birthright - Sorceror +mag, -def because I chose a Hoshidan class for my Conquest run, design and because I planned on marrying Saizou but ended with Izana.

Revelations - Hero +str, -res because of design and that's it.

I went Master Ninja in Nohr, Blacksmith in Hoshido, and Paladin in Revelation. Honestly, I just wanted fun seeming classes while keeping sword access. Master Ninja stomped Conquest Hard's lategame, and Blacksmith with Death Blow is a crit machine. Paladin's kind of boring, but the high move is nice.

I planned out three different avatars, one for each path, based on my family.

For Birthright I went +Mag(clever)/-Res(excitable) Troubadour, based on my wife the strategist.

For Conquest I went +Str(strong)/-Luck(unlucky) Samurai, based on me (Dur hurr S rank swords). I probably should have picked Oni Savage, though. Blacksmith looks cool as hell.

For Revelations I'm going +Spd(quick)/-Skl(clumsy) Fighter, based on my son, whose favorite way to interact with my face is to chew on my nose and bang on it with his tiny hands (Berserker seemed like the best fit).

Mercenary in Hoshido, Samurai in Nohr, and Wyvern in Conquest. Went full Lumi build stat wise.

Ending class?

w2fFP3c.jpg

V2gfp35.jpg

-Res can bite me

Birthright-picked Fighter asset, went Samurai bc I was pretending to be discount ryoma, but swordfaire is nice

Conquest-did most of the game as Ninja, +str -res variant is actually pretty bulky on both ends, pretty good, ended in dreadfighter though because I needed Aggressor to punch the final boss hard enough in 1 turn

Revelation-Currently DreadF since it's ninja without using up 2000g and keeps yato access and has good bases, will dip into Hero later for Sol

Besides my "canon" runs (Nohr Noble and Hoshido Noble), I plan on going...

Dark Knight (+MAG -LCK), as my endgame avatar, mostly because the class appeals to me and that was my endgame avatar in Awakening.

Dark Falcon (+MAG - LCK), as my female Einherjar character to act as a companion for my endgame avatar.

Paladin (+SKL -MAG), as my male Einherjar character to act as a proc machine. (Luna, Sol, Pavise, Aegis, Hoshido)

I had plenty more planned out for an Avatar army, but as it is difficult for me to pull off, I had to shelf my other characters I wanted to do.

I thought Magic got hit with the nerf stick in Fates.

Why do peeps think this again? Because I think it's a Busted myth.

Currently

Birthright - Diviner. It was my first Fates playthrough and I like magic users.

Conquest - Apothecary. I heard bow users were essential in Conquest so I picked the class because it had bows and I wanted to try it out.

Revelation - Dark Mage - I married Rhajat and wanted her to become a Sorcerer since Nyx wasn't going to be her mother. It also helps that it's one of my favorite classes.

Why do peeps think this again? Because I think it's a Busted myth.

Not entirely untrue. It's more that Bow users got a pretty major buff. The idea is that Tomes can attack at 1-2, but can't beat dedicated 1 range or 2 range weapons at the same range. Of course, Bows will be able to attack at 1-2 with the new DLC coming out, so...