Worst Mother?

Rezzy

I'll be starting my Revelations file and have been planning out parents for the kids. Is there a consensus on who the worst mother is? On Conquests, Peri was left alone and in Birthright, Hana was. I'm thinking maybe Rinkah, since her offensive growths stink, but maybe there's a better option.

I would say...Rinkah. Her mods are a bit weird. That is not say she's bad, just the least impressive.

Setsuna's mods are that bad. Sure there's -1 Def and -1 Res which make her kids fragile but she also gives a whopping +3 Spd mod, which make her kids super fast.

In other words, Setsuna's kids are glass cannons.

Any mother could probably be considered "bad" for certain children. Like why would you put Nyx with Arthur or Charlotte with Leo, you are cannibalizing their growths and stat mods.

Setsuna and Rinkah's growths in almost everything are flat out appalling if you ask me, so I'd probably say that they're overall the worst.

Edited by Delfino

Slightly switching gears, I just thought it would be funny to marry Jeigen Gunter and give Kana the worst possible growths ever.

Slightly switching gears, I just thought it would be funny to marry Jeigen Gunter and give Kana the worst possible growths ever.

Kana was born an old man, with the growths to prove it.

My money's on Setsuna. Rinkah can at least make a really good Shiro and helps Ignatius be a super tank (as much as Beruka I think), but Setsuna"s personal growths are just awful. The only kids I think she legitamently helps are Midori (she needs the Speed and likes Archer skills) and Nina (again, she appreciates Archer). Even then, there are still way better versions of the kids you could get and she isn't even a great spouse for the dads combat wise (beyond giving Niles Kinshi)

Setsuna, Rinkah, and Beruka are mothers that only specific children want. Ignatius wants Beruka while Caeldori and Shiro are OK with Rinkah's mods. Setsuna's mods work well on Selkie but her growths are pretty bad in Strength. Grinding will ensue but she is good for Selkie mod-wise.

Setsuna is a bad mother if you just level up her child to promoted Lv20.

But when it comes to min/max, she becomes one of the best mothers for her perfect offensive mods and base class.

2 points in defensive part is common among most parents, and -1 Def&Res is obviously better than Azura's -3 Def.

Edited by Tooru

I managed to have Rinkah end up as Rhajat's mom in my haphazard Birthright pairings. In retrospect, I think that's one of the best possible mothers for Rhajat. Rhajat's native Magic growth is high enough that Rinkah's 15% Magic growth doesn't kill it for her, leaving it at a respectable 37.5%, which as an Onmyoji, brings it to 57.5%. That's plenty for Magic, and frankly, there's few other classes I'd have Rhajat in, since her Strength is unsalvageable. What Rhajat really needs is Skill, and Rinkah bumps Rhajat up to 30% (40% in Onmyoji). This is all without taking Aptitude into consideration.

Rinkah's caps work fine for Rhajat as well, and there's not really much competition for Rinkah's eggs. Azura and Mozu work just as well, if not better as mothers for Rhajat, but there's a lot more competition for them.

It looks like Setsuna will be remaining single in my Revelations playthrough. Having zero offensive growths just hurts her too much.

Orochi by far.

Rinkah is the only mom who gives Death Blow...what are you people smoking.

I found Orochi makes for a decent mother for a Dark Falcon Selkie build. Selkie's native Speed growth is high enough to eat the hit.

Well every possible mother has at least one good pair, except maybe...

Orochi. She doesn't have anything of note that's class/skill related to pass down and none of the fathers with magic kids can fix that speed mod aside from Azama, who negates her one good mod, and Hayato, who probably has better options.

EDIT: You can probably use her to turn a physical kid into a decent magic kid, but that -3 speed has to be the worst mod in the game and -2 def doesn't exactly help.

Edited by DavidSW

Orochi by far.

Rinkah is the only mom who gives Death Blow...what are you people smoking.

I agree that Orochi is quite bad but Asugi can deal with her due to Wary Fighter from Ignatius. Also, this is most likely taking Skill Shopping into account.

Azura - great stat growth bad skills to pass down LUK+4, Inspiring Song, Voice of Peace, Foreign Princess even with friendship seals they don't provide much with the exception of counter-magic which doesn't does benefit Shigure that much since he has decent enough Res, she's too reliant of her partner to make her good, its clear that she was meant to be DLC heavy skills, WARP + SING = BROKEN

I use Orochi for Asugi and Setsuna for HIsame(Who I don't use much tbh but seemed to fit).

My vote goes to Beruka, As people said earlier she really only goes well with Benny.

As for Azura? Come on is that a joke? lol she's a pretty good mother and she doesn't really need to pass down any skills to make her any better tbh(I mean skill buying is a thing anyways why not use it...) Even if you aren't doing it and some reason want to get Shigure for Conquest or somethin she's still fine. I used Shigure my first playthrough with Corrin as the father and had no issues. In later playthroughs I use Jakob though.

Edited by MitoRequiem